|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Craig feel about himself as a writer?
(a) He is proud of his successes.
(b) He thinks he is the best writer to come out of Africa.
(c) He doubts his abilities.
(d) He is fearful that he will run out of ideas.
2. What does Peter call Craig in Section 7?
(a) A betrayer.
(b) An American at heart.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A liar.
3. What happens in the middle of the night that causes Craig and Sally-Anne to prepare to run?
(a) They hear gunshots on their property.
(b) They receive an anonymous letter telling them to leave.
(c) Peter tells them to meet him in the city.
(d) Sally-Anne's mother is ill.
4. What does the Comrade Minister of State do once the elephants are dead?
(a) He commends his leaders.
(b) He pays his men.
(c) He inspects the tusks.
(d) He confesses what he did because he feels guilty.
5. What does Craig do at the estate agency?
(a) He makes an offer to manage the property.
(b) He yells at the manager for letting the property go.
(c) He makes an offer to buy the property back.
(d) He tries to prove he owns the property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Craig and Sally-Anne begin to plan in Section 6 after the trial?
2. What is the name of the organization that Craig Mellow works for?
3. What is the Matabele name given to Craig?
4. On his trip, Craig Mellow meets a photographer named Sally-Anne Jay. How does Craig feel about her work?
5. How does Craig convince the armed Matabele Warriors on the property not to kill him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Craig want to go back to Africa?
2. Explain why Craig is not shocked by the counter offer from the owners of Rholands Ranching Company.
3. What does Craig give the warriors when he leaves King's Lynn?
4. What happens when Peter sets up an undercover operation to catch Tungata?
5. What are some of the changes Craig, Sally-Anne and Craig's associates are making to his property?
6. What is Comrade Minister of State's plan regarding the 300 elephants he has found?
7. How is the relationship between Sally-Anne and Craig changing?
8. How do Craig and Sally-Anne learn that Peter has lied to them?
9. Do you think Comrade Minister of State's plan was a moral thing to do?
10. What is the outcome of Craig's negotiations with the spokesman at King's Lynn?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)