|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sally-Anne in Zimbabwe?
(a) To photograph more elephant graveyards.
(b) To see a rehabilitation camp.
(c) To assist World Bank negotiations with the government.
(d) To take photos of Rholands Ranching Company.
2. What promise does Craig make to the Matabele Warriors?
(a) He will find them a leader.
(b) He will leave their families alone, if they leave him alone.
(c) He will forgive them because he loves the country.
(d) He will pay them every month, if they leave the property.
3. In Section 4, how does Craig feel about Sally-Anne?
(a) He hopes to be more than friends.
(b) He enjoys her friendship, but wants nothing more.
(c) He is annoyed by her constant presence.
(d) He is confused by her comments.
4. Why do the Matabele Warriors escort Craig off the property?
(a) They plan to steal his car.
(b) So Craig won't be ambushed by other warriors.
(c) To show the neighbors they are in charge.
(d) To make sure he won't tell anyone they were there.
5. What is Craig Mellow's purpose in returning to Africa?
(a) To report on the state of affairs in Zimbabwe.
(b) To report on the state of affairs in South Africa.
(c) To report on the state of affairs in Kenya.
(d) To report on the state of affairs of the Matabele.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new name does Craig decide to give to the property?
2. How does Craig feel about Tungata's sentence?
3. How much does Craig spend on cattle alone?
4. What is Tungata's sentence?
5. In Section 4, how do Craig's friends respond to the beginning of his next novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the changes Craig, Sally-Anne and Craig's associates are making to his property?
2. Explain why Craig is not shocked by the counter offer from the owners of Rholands Ranching Company.
3. What happens when Peter sets up an undercover operation to catch Tungata?
4. Why do you think Craig is obsessed with restoring his family ranch to its former glory?
5. Do you think Comrade Minister of State's plan was a moral thing to do?
6. Why are Craig and Sally-Anne in the hospital?
7. How do Craig and Sally-Anne learn that Peter has lied to them?
8. After Tungata is arrested, how does Craig and Sally-Anne's relationship change?
9. To what does Craig attribute the new flow of writing he has had as he works on his new book?
10. Why does Craig want to go back to Africa?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)