|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Craig feel about the money wanted for the land?
(a) He is not surprised.
(b) He is shocked at the amount.
(c) He is angry at the price.
(d) He is confused.
2. Who is responsible for the Matabele-style killing?
3. How do Sally-Anne, Craig and Peter Fungabera travel in Zimbabwe?
(a) On foot.
(b) In an armored vehicle.
(c) In a Cessna.
(d) In Peter's Hummer.
4. What picture from Sally-Anne's portfolio makes Craig feel sick?
(a) A picture of a baby elephant that had died.
(b) A picture of an elephant graveyard.
(c) A picture of an assassinated political leader.
(d) A picture of a tribal ritual.
5. What is done with the dead elephants, once all the tusks are taken?
(a) The bodies are dragged into the river.
(b) Their meat is harvested and cooked.
(c) The carcasses are left in the sun to rot.
(d) The bones are collected so there is no evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mission school teacher tell Craig when they are alone?
2. How long does it take to bring Tungata to trial after the set-up?
3. How does Tungata feel about Craig after the trial?
4. Who comes to warn Craig that rebels are coming?
5. What does Sally-Anne do to help Craig with Zambezi Waters?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Craig know that civil war is coming to Zimbabwe?
2. Explain how Craig and Sally-Anne's relationship changes while they are traveling with Peter Fungabera.
3. Why are Craig and Sally-Anne in the hospital?
4. What is the situation Craig works out between Comrade Lookout and himself?
5. Why does Craig Mellow meet with his publisher?
6. What does Craig send to Henry Pickering?
7. Why do you think Craig is obsessed with restoring his family ranch to its former glory?
8. How is the relationship between Sally-Anne and Craig changing?
9. Explain the details of Tungata's trial.
10. Explain why Craig is not shocked by the counter offer from the owners of Rholands Ranching Company.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)