|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea is pitched during Craig's meeting with his publisher?
(a) Craig and Sally-Anne traveling back to Africa together.
(b) Craig and Sally-Anne publishing a book together.
(c) Craig giving up his contract to Sally-Anne.
(d) Craig and Sally-Anne having dinner.
2. What becomes Craig Mellow's obsession when he returns to Africa?
(a) Restoring his family's ranch.
(b) Marrying an African girl from his former village.
(c) Finding the diamond mines.
(d) Helping to bring political peace.
3. Who is responsible for the Matabele-style killing?
4. What happens in the middle of the night that causes Craig and Sally-Anne to prepare to run?
(a) Peter tells them to meet him in the city.
(b) They hear gunshots on their property.
(c) They receive an anonymous letter telling them to leave.
(d) Sally-Anne's mother is ill.
5. How does Craig get messages to Henry Pickering?
(a) Through an American missionary.
(b) Through encrypted e-mail.
(c) Through the American Embassy.
(d) Through a monitored fax machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reflecting on his life, what does Craig become overwhelmed with?
2. What tragedy do Sally-Anne and Craig stumble upon on Zambezi Waters property?
3. What is Sally-Anne's condition after the kidnapping?
4. What kind of puppy does Craig give to Sally-Anne for her birthday?
5. How is Craig received when he visits old friends of his family in Zimbabwe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of tourist destination does Craig plan on making his family's land into?
2. What is Comrade Minister of State's plan regarding the 300 elephants he has found?
3. What is the outcome of Craig's negotiations with the spokesman at King's Lynn?
4. What is the situation Craig works out between Comrade Lookout and himself?
5. Do you think Comrade Minister of State's plan was a moral thing to do?
6. How are Craig and Sally-Anne rescued when Peter sends them to his death?
7. Why do you think Craig is obsessed with restoring his family ranch to its former glory?
8. Explain how Craig and Sally-Anne's relationship changes while they are traveling with Peter Fungabera.
9. What happens when Peter sets up an undercover operation to catch Tungata?
10. How does Craig's meeting with Tungata go regarding buying his family's property back?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)