|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Pages 76 - 102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Craig get messages to Henry Pickering?
(a) Through a monitored fax machine.
(b) Through the American Embassy.
(c) Through encrypted e-mail.
(d) Through an American missionary.
2. What picture from Sally-Anne's portfolio makes Craig feel sick?
(a) A picture of a baby elephant that had died.
(b) A picture of a tribal ritual.
(c) A picture of an elephant graveyard.
(d) A picture of an assassinated political leader.
3. Where are the elephants driven to, so they can be killed?
(a) A deserted minefield.
(b) An open field owned by the government.
(c) A river that they cannot cross.
(d) A camp in the bush.
4. Why do the Matabele Warriors escort Craig off the property?
(a) To show the neighbors they are in charge.
(b) They plan to steal his car.
(c) So Craig won't be ambushed by other warriors.
(d) To make sure he won't tell anyone they were there.
5. What causes childhood memories to flood back to Craig's mind?
(a) The smell of the field near Chizarira.
(b) The drive to Chizarira.
(c) The house he used to live in at Chizarira.
(d) Seeing endangered species at Chizarira.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is done with the dead elephants, once all the tusks are taken?
2. What becomes Craig Mellow's obsession when he returns to Africa?
3. How does Craig respond to the idea that is pitched?
4. What is the Matabele name given to Craig?
5. How does Craig convince the armed Matabele Warriors on the property not to kill him?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)