|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Pages 24 - 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Craig's Matabele name mean?
(a) For the arm swings on its own.
(b) For the finger points on its own.
(c) For the leg walks on its own.
(d) For the face smiles on its own.
2. What does Craig do at the estate agency?
(a) He tries to prove he owns the property.
(b) He makes an offer to buy the property back.
(c) He yells at the manager for letting the property go.
(d) He makes an offer to manage the property.
3. When Craig arrives at King's Lynn what does he see?
(a) An elephant family living on the land.
(b) Dozens of grazing goats.
(c) A rebel base camp.
(d) A fence around the property.
4. Why is the grand house at King's Lynn in disrepair?
(a) It was vandalized by teenagers.
(b) It was raided for supplies.
(c) It was ruined by the weather.
(d) It was destroyed by goats.
5. How does Craig feel about himself as a writer?
(a) He is proud of his successes.
(b) He is fearful that he will run out of ideas.
(c) He doubts his abilities.
(d) He thinks he is the best writer to come out of Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the elephants driven to, so they can be killed?
2. What picture from Sally-Anne's portfolio captures Craig's attention?
3. What new name does Craig decide to give to the property?
4. After reflecting on his life, what does Craig become overwhelmed with?
5. What becomes Craig Mellow's obsession when he returns to Africa?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)