|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Pages 24 - 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Comrade Minister of State do once the elephants are dead?
(a) He commends his leaders.
(b) He confesses what he did because he feels guilty.
(c) He pays his men.
(d) He inspects the tusks.
2. How does Craig feel about himself as a writer?
(a) He is fearful that he will run out of ideas.
(b) He thinks he is the best writer to come out of Africa.
(c) He is proud of his successes.
(d) He doubts his abilities.
3. Why do the Matabele Warriors escort Craig off the property?
(a) To make sure he won't tell anyone they were there.
(b) They plan to steal his car.
(c) To show the neighbors they are in charge.
(d) So Craig won't be ambushed by other warriors.
4. What does Craig stumble across that makes him reflect on his life?
(a) A journal from high school.
(b) Pictures from his childhood.
(c) A letter from an old friend.
(d) Notes from the first book he wrote.
5. What new name does Craig decide to give to the property?
(a) Zambezi Preserve.
(b) Zambezi Waters.
(c) Zambezi Air.
(d) Zambezi Meadows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What picture from Sally-Anne's portfolio captures Craig's attention?
2. Why is the grand house at King's Lynn in disrepair?
3. What becomes Craig Mellow's obsession when he returns to Africa?
4. What does Craig's Matabele name mean?
5. When Craig goes to check the property in Chizarira, what is he warned to watch out for?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)