|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessie believe the new club in second grade is called?
2. What did the letter Even and Jessie received from the school say?
3. At the end of Chapter 4, why does Jessie think, "...how come she didn't feel like she'd won anything at all" (58)?
4. At the end of Chapter 2, how is Jessie and Evan's relationship?
5. In Chapter 4, how does Jessie believe Evan will react when he sees her lemonade stand?
Short Essay Questions
1. On their second day of selling, why are Jessie and Megan not doing very well making money?
2. Why is Evan unhappy with the news that Jessie will be in his class?
3. Why is it strange for Jessie to skip a grade?
4. At the start of the novel, Evan is throwing a baseball up and down, and he thinks, "The thought that if he missed he'd probably break his nose made the game just interesting enough" (1). Why might he feel this way?
5. At the start of Chapter 4, how are Jessie and Megan doing at their lemonade stand?
6. Why do Evan and Jessie make a vow after their dad left to never argue in front of their mom?
7. Why has the Treski family not put their old air conditioner in the trash?
8. Before they become a lemonade stand team, why does Megan ask Jessie about Evan?
9. Why might math be an easier subject for Jessie?
10. Why do Jessie and Megan add snacks, hair braiding, and nail polishing to their stand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chapter 5 presents the main reasons the lemonade war is taking place. Evan and Jessie both share their feelings and speak of specific reasons as to why they started lemonade stands. What are some of the reasons each character is opening a lemonade stand? How are these reasons valid or silly?
Essay Topic 2
On Pages 46 - 51, Jessie realizes that she has to start her own lemonade stand, because Evan will not let her join his. She has trouble figuring out how to get started, but after brainstorming for a while, she comes up with a couple plans. What are the ideas Jessie has? How does she carry through with her plans?
Essay Topic 3
Evan comes up with a strategy to make more money by moving his lemonade stand to a more strategic location. Describe his new plan. Why does this action reveal about Evan's character?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)