|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 8, why does Jessie feel so tired?
(a) The lemonade stand the previous day had been the hardest work of her life.
(b) She stayed up too late counting her money.
(c) She spent the night trying to spy on Evan and see his plan.
(d) The lemonade stand the previous day had failed.
2. At the end of the war, why will Megan possibly be upset with Jessie?
(a) Jessie loses the money, and it does not go to charity.
(b) Jessie loses the money by creating more lemonade stands.
(c) Jessie uses all the money to buy her own new school supplies.
(d) Jessie gives the money to a different organization than the one Megan chose.
3. Where does Evan leave the money he took from Jessie?
(a) Inside his jacket.
(b) He keeps it with him at all times.
(c) In his shorts' pocket.
(d) Underneath a rock outside in the yard.
4. What is a synonym for "reconciliation"?
5. Where does Evan keep his money from the lemonade stand?
(a) In his short's pocket.
(b) In a carved cedar box.
(c) In a tennis shoe.
(d) In a lock box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jessie's final idea that she shares with Evan before bed?
2. How many cans does Evan bring home for the final day of the lemonade war?
3. Who does Evan think took Jessie's money?
4. What does Evan notices when he goes to get changed at Jack's house?
5. When Jessie returns from the beach, what are Evan and his friends doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Evan truly feel about Jessie joining his class?
2. Use your own words to explain the profit margin calculations page Jessie makes on page 105.
3. At the end of the novel, what does Jessie reveal to Evan? How does she know that information?
4. Why does Jessie start feeling sick when she gets back home after the beach in Chapter 12?
5. Toward the end of the lemonade war, what has Jessie in knots?
6. For their final day of sales, what do Jessie and Megan do differently?
7. What is Jessie's experience at the beach like in Chapter 12?
8. What does Evan find when he goes into Jessie's room without permission? What is his plan after being there?
9. Why does Megan write an index card to Jessie?
10. What does Evan think when Scott Spencer leaves the Jack's swimming pool?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)