|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Evan states that there are how many days of summer left?
2. What do people pool when deciding to run a "partnership"?
(a) Their resources, equipment, and skills.
(b) Their money, information, and tools.
(c) Their money, skills, and resources.
(d) Their knowledge, equipment, and money.
3. Define "competition" from Chapter 5?
(a) Rivalry among many corporate businesses.
(b) Rivalry in the marketplace.
(c) Two parties who want the same thing.
(d) Two parties who come together to help each other.
4. Why does Evan say he is mad at Jessie at the start of the novel?
(a) She steals things from his room.
(b) She is annoying.
(c) She is a baby.
(d) She ruins everything.
5. At the end of Chapter 3, how does Evan feel toward his sister?
(a) He feels that she is impeding on his life.
(b) He feels that she is trying to steal his friends.
(c) He feels that she is a little kid.
(d) He feels that she is smart and helpful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Evan hear from above the basement in Chapter 1?
2. What is Evan's favorite game according to Jessie?
3. Why does Evan say that Jessie cannot be friends with Megan?
4. What does Jessie believe the new club in second grade is called?
5. What did the letter Even and Jessie received from the school say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jessie mean when she says that "feelings" are her worst subject?
2. Why does Jessie try so hard to help Evan with the lemonade stand at the start of the novel?
3. What do a group of second grade girls do to Jessie that is very mean?
4. At the start of the novel, Evan is throwing a baseball up and down, and he thinks, "The thought that if he missed he'd probably break his nose made the game just interesting enough" (1). Why might he feel this way?
5. What difficulty does Evan have when it comes to selling lemonade?
6. What are some behaviors Jessie notices about Carly Brownell when she arrives at Megan's house? What do they mean?
7. How do Evan and his friend, Paul, use a certain sales' tactic to make more money in Chapter 6?
8. What does Evan mean when he says to Jessie, "In case you did't know, that's what friends are for" (86)?
9. Why is Evan unhappy with the news that Jessie will be in his class?
10. Why has the Treski family not put their old air conditioner in the trash?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)