|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack leave the other boys when they are swimming?
(a) To ask his mom if they can swim in the pool.
(b) To get better shoes.
(c) To eat dinner.
(d) To finish getting ready for school.
2. What is the most expensive cup of lemonade Evan sells?
3. On Saturday, what does Evan say to Jessie?
(a) He is not setting up a lemonade stand.
(b) He will pulverize her in the competition.
(c) Paul is coming over to help with the lemonade stand.
(d) Jessie is a stupid baby.
4. Who is Grumpminster Funk?
(a) The name given to Jessie and Evan's father after he left.
(b) A grumpy and mean man who Evan made up.
(c) A grumpy and old monster who Evan created.
(d) An uncle who used to live with the Treskis.
5. What does Jessie stress about right before the lemonade war is over?
(a) She has not made enough money and will look dumb.
(b) She is being dishonest by including Megan's money with hers.
(c) She has lost her friendship with her brother.
(d) She still worries about fourth grade and does not care about the lemonade stand.
6. Where does Evan go to sell lemonade in Chapter 7?
(a) The town center.
(b) At the baseball field.
(c) On the curb.
(d) His garage.
7. What is the reason Jessie is nervous about fourth grade?
(a) She will have to ride her bike a long ways to school.
(b) Her brother will make her look dumb.
(c) She will not make any friends.
(d) She will fail, because the work will be too hard.
8. With only three days left for selling lemonade, how much money does Evan need?
(d) Nothing. He has $100 dollars already.
9. Why does Evan say that he cannot play basketball as good as usual?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He does not care.
(c) It is hot.
(d) He is not as good as Paul.
10. Who are Evan's customers on Friday (Chapter 7)?
(a) Workers, teachers, and store-owners.
(b) High school students with a lot of money.
(c) No one comes to buy lemonade.
(d) Workers, kids, and old people.
11. What does the author compare the weather to at the end of the novel?
(a) The crying of an ancient woman.
(b) Two lemonade stands in competition.
(c) The impatience of a two-year-old having a tantrum.
(d) Loud drums stacked upon each other.
12. At the end of the book, why is Jessie sorry?
(a) She is sorry for ruining Evan's lemonade.
(b) She is sorry for stealing his money.
(c) She is sorry for trying to hang out with his friends.
(d) She is sorry for being a brat.
13. What does Evan find out he needs to sell lemonade at his chosen location in Chapter 7?
(a) A bigger sign.
(b) At least two other people selling for him.
(c) To sell is cups for at least $3 dollars a piece.
(d) A permit.
14. What does Evan find in the trash when he returns home from selling lemonade on Sunday?
(a) Ziploc bags with fly residue and a missing fruit bowl.
(b) Old lemonade packages that Jessie must have used.
(c) Flies all around the house.
(d) Ziploc bags with fly residue and a fruit bowl with less flies.
15. How much do Jessie and Megan each make at the end of Saturday?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a little boy find in Evan's lemonade?
2. At the start of Chapter 8, why does Jessie feel so tired?
3. What do Jessie and Megan decide to do with their earnings from franchising?
4. What did Jessie and Evan usually do at the beach?
5. How does Jessie feel on the ride home from the beach with Megan?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)