|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Evan's favorite game according to Jessie?
2. What does Jessie find in the trash from Evan's friends in Chapter 6?
(a) 6 empty cans of lemonade mix, which makes 36 cups.
(b) 12 empty cans of frozen lemonade mix, which makes 96 cups.
(c) 8 empty cans of lemonade mix, which makes 64 cups.
(d) 12 empty cans of frozen lemonade mix, which makes 80 cups.
3. What does Evan do when he sees Jessie's lemonade stand in Chapter 4?
(a) He smiles and walks by.
(b) He shouts at her.
(c) He helps her make more lemonade.
(d) He walks away.
4. Where do Evan and Scott go to set up their first lemonade stand?
(a) At the town center.
(b) Under a tree.
(c) The driveway.
(d) The corner.
5. What does Jessie do to get Megan's attention?
(a) She calls her house.
(b) She rides her bike back and forth in front of her house.
(c) She walks to her house and knocks on the door.
(d) She wears a bright pink jacket in the neighborhood.
6. What is it called when you price the same goods for less than the competition?
(a) Profit Computing.
7. In Chapter 1, Evan states that there are how many days of summer left?
8. How does Evan explain the lights being out in the basement to his sister?
(a) He tells her that he is playing a video game.
(b) He tells her that it is none of her business.
(c) He says that he is watching a scary movie.
(d) He says that it is too hot with the lights on.
9. What is one reason the boys set up their first lemonade stand where they do in Chapter 3?
(a) They will get foot traffic coming in both directions.
(b) They will be in the shade and that will make it easier to sell.
(c) They can reach the adults getting off work.
(d) They will be close to the store, so they can busy the lemonade easily.
10. What does Jessie ask Megan to do?
(a) Come over to her house and play in the pool.
(b) Go to the beach and lie in the sun.
(c) Start a lemonade stand.
(d) Let her borrow some clothes for the new year.
11. At the start of the novel, why does Jessie think Evan is mad?
(a) Because a girl broke-up with him.
(b) Because he is grounded.
(c) Because he did not get to go to summer camp.
(d) Because of a letter received from the school.
12. What does Megan's friend in Chapter 6 immediately ask Jessie?
(a) "Where is the money?"
(b) "Where is your younger brother?"
(c) "Where are the lemons?"
(d) "Where's Evan?"
13. How much does Jessie say she and Megan will sell one cup of lemonade for?
14. At the start of Chapter 6, how does Jessie know that Evan is up to something?
(a) He makes at least 10 phone calls.
(b) He does not leave his room.
(c) He refuses to talk to her.
(d) He keeps himself downstairs in the basement.
15. What had broken a week ago in the protagonist's attic?
(a) An antique fan.
(b) An air conditioner.
(c) The Treski television.
(d) A dresser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Evan and Scott doing in the basement in Chapter 2?
2. What does Evan do when he hears his sister call for him in the basement in Chapter 1?
3. What made the game Evan is playing as the book opens just interesting enough to keep it going?
4. What happens when Evan and Scott try to sell the new drink, after their lemonade runs out?
5. In Chapter 1, what does Jessie share with Evan about the upcoming weather?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)