|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the boom and rattle the Treskis heard at the end of the fireworks?
(a) Other kids laughing in the distance.
(b) More fireworks.
(c) A marching band.
2. What are Evan and Scott doing in the basement in Chapter 2?
(a) They are talking about girls.
(b) They are arguing about a baseball game.
(c) They are playing catch.
(d) They are making a lemonade stand sign.
3. What is "profit margin"?
(a) Sales plus value-added and goodwill divided by costs. The result is a whole number.
(b) Sales plus all operating costs divided by the number of sales. The result is a ratio.
(c) Sales multiplied by costs divided by costs. The result is a round number.
(d) Sales plus all operating costs divided by the number of sales. The result is a ratio.
4. Upon first meeting Megan, Jessie remembers a piece of advice Evan had given her about social situations. What is this advice?
(a) People tell you things with their hands, faces, and the way they stand.
(b) People are nice if you give them things.
(c) People only want to be around you if you are very nice.
(d) People are direct and tell you what they want.
5. Who are Evan's customers on Friday (Chapter 7)?
(a) No one comes to buy lemonade.
(b) High school students with a lot of money.
(c) Workers, teachers, and store-owners.
(d) Workers, kids, and old people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Megan want to do when Jessie comes over?
2. How does Scott feel about Jessie skipping third grade?
3. What is Jessie's worst subject?
4. At the start of the novel, why does Jessie think Evan is mad?
5. At the end of Chapter 4, why does Jessie think, "...how come she didn't feel like she'd won anything at all" (58)?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)