Chapters 1 - 2
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Davies, Jacqueline. The Lemonade War. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2007. Paperback.
• The main character, Evan Treski, is in the basement throwing a baseball up in a straight line and catching it.
• Evan hears his mother, Mrs. Treski above him dragging an old air conditioner across the ground.
• Evan speaks about the old air conditioner that broke down on the family right at the beginning of the heat wave. It sits in the middle of the house, and the family walks around it.
• His younger sister, Jessie, sneaks down to the basement to find her brother. He is annoyed that she is trying to talk to him.
• Jesse tries to get Evan to play with her, but he refuses. Jesse doesn't understand why Evan is being mean and standoffish.
• Evan accidentally misses the baseball he is...
This section contains 6,407 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)