|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jill's high school chemistry teacher?
(a) Mr. Skandarian.
(b) Mr. Keating.
(c) Mr. Anderson.
(d) Mr. Washburn.
2. Whose photograph is on the front page of the pamphlet being handed out by Reverend Matt Jamison at the Three-Year Anniversary parade?
(a) Stan Washburn's photograph.
(b) Rick Malvern's photograph.
(c) Ralph Sorrento's photograph.
(d) Dr. Hillary Edgars's photograph.
3. Who are Laurie and Meg following in "A Vow of Silence"?
(a) Liz Yamamoto.
(b) Steve Grice.
(c) Jett Oristaglio.
(d) Doug Durst.
4. Who is the retired cop and former coach of Kevin's that carries a sign saying "Ask me about my brother" at the Three-Year Anniversary parade?
(a) Ralph Sorrento.
(b) Jett Oristaglio.
(c) Stan Washburn.
(d) Steve Wiscziewski.
5. What does "The Carpe Diem" refer to?
(a) A barber shop.
(b) A thrift store.
(c) A cult.
(d) A bar.
6. How many local residents in Mapleton disappeared on the Sudden Departure day?
7. Who is the Mapleton plumber that encounters and harasses Kevin at the parade in Part One?
(a) Rick Malvern.
(b) Troy Vincent.
(c) Stan Washburn.
(d) Ralph Sorrento.
8. Who does Nora dance with at the adult mixer in Part Two?
(a) Kevin Garvey.
(b) Doug Durst.
(c) Steve Grice.
(d) Jett Oristaglio.
9. On what date did the Sudden Departure occur?
(a) October 14.
(b) December 12.
(c) September 11.
(d) July 7.
10. What is Arthur Donovan's marital status?
(a) Never married.
11. What is the age of Arthur Donovan listed as on his file that Laurie examines in Part Two?
12. Where did Reverend Matt Jamison preach prior to the Sudden Departure?
(a) Zion Baptist Church.
(b) The Main Street Presbyterian Church.
(c) St. Mary Catholic Church.
(d) The Church of Latter Day Saints.
13. Where is the eight-house subdivision or "compound" of the GR located in Mapleton?
(a) Wilson Street.
(b) Jameson Street.
(c) Madison Street.
(d) Ginkgo Street.
14. What is Ken Garvey's position in Mapleton when the novel begins?
(c) Tax Assessor.
(d) Police Chief.
15. Who was Jill's childhood friend that disappeared before her eyes on the Sudden Departure day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Nora Durst's children that she lost on the day of the Sudden Departure?
2. What is the name of Martha Reeder's three-year-old granddaughter that disappeared on Sudden Departure day?
3. Who is described as "Mapleton High's wandering troubadour" as he strums his acoustic guitar in the halls in Part One?
4. In what subject did Nora earn her college degree?
5. Who is Wayne Gilchrest's sixth bride?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)