|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the crime lord?
2. Although the team initially argue with Murray, what conclusion do they come to?
3. Where is Limehouse building the airship?
4. What attempts to bridge the English Channel?
5. Who is the member not yet introduced?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Captain of the Nautilus, and where does the Nautilus take Mina?
2. Quatermain is nearly insensate when he is found. Why?
3. What do Mina, Quatermain and Nemo witness?
4. Why does Murray dress up as a demi-monde?
5. Why is it likely that Quong Lee speaks in parables?
6. How does Quatermain feel about Murray?
7. What was Polly's reaction to the copulation?
8. Why does Murray go off with the doctor?
9. Describe the man that is believed to be the Lord of Limehouse.
10. What is the Albion Reach and when is it due to be completed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Griffin. Is he a static or dynamic character? How can you tell? What evidence supports your conclusion? Is he a good guy or a bad guy? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Mina's regard for Quatermain. Suggest reasons for her change in attitude towards him. What event likely shaped her opinion of him for the better? What events might have shaped her opinion of him for the worst? What events in the graphic novel lead you to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Mina Murray's character. How is she dynamic? What things about her remain static? Provide an explanation for that static thing or behavior.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)