|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who deciphers the riddle spoken by Quong Lee?
2. Who poses as a couple?
3. What does Murray disguise herself as?
4. What does Quatermain put in Hyde's mouth?
5. What does this individual wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the British Government concerned with the scientists' creation?
2. What is a demi-monde?
3. What was Polly's reaction to the copulation?
4. Describe Wilhelmina Murray's appearance.
5. Why does the League break into two groups?
6. Who recruits the quintet of Extraordinary Gentlemen and what is their objective?
7. What had the Lord of Limehouse purchased?
8. How does Dupin react to Murray taking her leave?
9. How does Quatermain feel about Murray?
10. What is a problem with Headmistress Coote's interests?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the influence of Victorian times throughout this novel. How is it evident in some ways, and ignored in others? What is the epitome of the ideal Victorian era woman? Does Mina Murray represent this kind of woman well? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the mature themes in this graphic novel. Is it appropriate for children? How or why not? Do the mature themes in this novel add to it, or take away from the novel and in what way?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters of the Lord of Limehouse and Professor Moriarty. Which one is the true bad guy and how does the reader know this to be a fact?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)