|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is he likely to do using the mysterious substance?
2. Where is the school located?
3. What do they pass through?
4. What conceals the tunnels entrance?
5. How is the human figure revealed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had the Lord of Limehouse purchased?
2. Why does the League break into two groups?
3. What is the problem with Quong Lee's offer of help?
4. Describe the environment of this school.
5. Why does Murray go off with the doctor?
6. How does Quatermain decide to preserve their cover when they are discovered out of bed past hours?
7. What was Polly's reaction to the copulation?
8. What would make Murray wonder about the reformative powers of the highly sexually based institution posing as a girls' reform school?
9. What has to wait until Hyde calms down and reverts to Jekyll?
10. How is the invisible man revealed as not being a "holy spirit?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Allan's developing friendship with Nemo. In what ways would the two characters identify with each other more than with any other character? How are they different? How does Allan confide in Nemo, and what is the Captains reaction to this information?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the "Correctional Academy for Wayward Gentlewomen." Would this be a proper place for a young Victorian era woman to be sent to? Why or why not? What factors make it a place that is not well suited for learning? What is it likely that the girls are actually learning there?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the mature themes in this graphic novel. Is it appropriate for children? How or why not? Do the mature themes in this novel add to it, or take away from the novel and in what way?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)