|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Murray and Quatermain pose as?
2. Who does Murray take her leave of?
3. What attempts to bridge the English Channel?
4. What does he do that she is unimpressed by?
5. What is Polly's reaction to this?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Griffin make himself visible?
2. Describe the environment of this school.
3. Why is it likely that Quong Lee speaks in parables?
4. Why was it easy for Quatermain to be disarmed while he as in Egypt? How is it unlikely that such a reason would exist now?
5. Who is the Captain of the Nautilus, and where does the Nautilus take Mina?
6. Why is the British Government concerned with the scientists' creation?
7. What is a problem with Headmistress Coote's interests?
8. Who recruits the quintet of Extraordinary Gentlemen and what is their objective?
9. Describe Wilhelmina Murray's appearance.
10. What would make Murray wonder about the reformative powers of the highly sexually based institution posing as a girls' reform school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the graphic novel as a whole. In what ways is this graphic novel typical of its genre? In what ways is it different? Provide sources to prove your research.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Professor Moriarty uses his initial "M" and how does that affect the League's involvement? Was this a necessary deception on behalf of Moriarty? How does the reader know?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the references to popular culture at the time. What do you think the authors intent was when he referenced these things? Do they add a different dynamic to the story? How or why not?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)