|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mina write a status report to?
2. What does this individual wear?
3. What is happening to Quatermain's associate?
4. Who is Quatermain obviously attached to?
5. What conceals the tunnels entrance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mina, Quatermain and Nemo witness?
2. What would make Murray wonder about the reformative powers of the highly sexually based institution posing as a girls' reform school?
3. What had the Lord of Limehouse purchased?
4. Why is the British Government concerned with the scientists' creation?
5. Describe Wilhelmina Murray's appearance.
6. How is the invisible man revealed as not being a "holy spirit?"
7. How does Quatermain explain Jekyll's apparent illness?
8. What suggests that Jekyll is very heavily sedated?
9. Why was it easy for Quatermain to be disarmed while he as in Egypt? How is it unlikely that such a reason would exist now?
10. How does Dupin react to Murray taking her leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Mina's regard for Quatermain. Suggest reasons for her change in attitude towards him. What event likely shaped her opinion of him for the better? What events might have shaped her opinion of him for the worst? What events in the graphic novel lead you to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the references to popular culture at the time. What do you think the authors intent was when he referenced these things? Do they add a different dynamic to the story? How or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Professor Moriarty uses his initial "M" and how does that affect the League's involvement? Was this a necessary deception on behalf of Moriarty? How does the reader know?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)