|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saved Quatermain and Murray?
(a) Nemo and a harpoon gun.
(b) Griffin and a knife.
(c) Griffin and a machete.
(d) Nemo and a machete.
2. The dowager had become more of a what than an employer?
3. What did Quatermain witness?
(a) Himself, addicted to Taduki.
(b) Himself, opium addicted and Mina Murray coming to recruit him.
(c) None of these.
(d) Himself, dead.
4. What was Quatermain armed with?
(a) A large mechanic's wrench.
(b) A ball peen hammer.
(c) A large axe.
(d) None of these.
5. What does Quatermain explain their path will be strewn with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the three gentlemen hang onto when the machine was time traveling?
2. What animal does Hyde compare himself to?
3. What does Jekyll reminisce about?
4. Why were the men disappearing?
5. Who denies the use of a firearm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan is hatched to escape the tunnel?
2. How did Quatermain know from what period the "Time Traveler" originated?
3. Why had the dead man at first witnessed the castle with a pang of grief?
4. Where do the pickpockets and their ring leader go to and why?
5. What is Quatermain fascinated with and what is Murray's reaction?
6. What causes Nemo and Quatermain to run to open the door of the Nautilus?
7. What does Moriarty say in regards to Quatermain?
8. What happened when the Morlock fell away from Quatermain while the time machine was in motion?
9. What distresses Mina Murray regarding what Griffin is wearing?
10. Who is the man that is not in the cape, and how is his identity first revealed?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)