|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the group taken to?
(a) London, England in the future.
(b) None of these.
(c) Cairo, Egypt in the past.
(d) Egypt in the past.
2. How does Mina get Jekyll to transform into Hyde?
(a) By kicking him.
(b) By slapping him.
(c) By asking him.
(d) By berating him.
3. What situation is compared to the arrangements between the two men?
(a) A game of checkers.
(b) A game of chess.
(c) A game of cricket.
(d) A game of cards.
4. What is used to open up the door to the sphinx?
(a) A golden key.
(b) A sapphire.
(c) A diamond.
(d) An emerald.
5. What was his excuse for doing this?
(a) He wanted to leave them behind.
(b) He thought they weren't coming back.
(c) He thought they were all dead.
(d) He wanted to get all the money to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Griffin kill?
2. What does the tunnel smell like?
3. What creature does it look like is perched at the top of the ship?
4. How many weapons does Nemo come prepared with?
5. What did the three gentlemen hang onto when the machine was time traveling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Griffin sent to do? How did Mina react to this?
2. What was so interesting about the crystal the group had landed on?
3. How did Quatermain know from what period the "Time Traveler" originated?
4. What was Murray referring to when she says that the 'coloring is very similar'?
5. For what reason did all good sense inform Lady Ragnall that she should not expect Allan?
6. Who is the man that is not in the cape, and how is his identity first revealed?
7. What distresses Mina Murray regarding what Griffin is wearing?
8. What does Mina wonder if London can withstand?
9. What is Quatermain fascinated with and what is Murray's reaction?
10. What causes Nemo and Quatermain to run to open the door of the Nautilus?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)