|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Murray and Quatermain pose as?
(a) A couple ensuring their daughter gets the best education.
(b) A couple investigating the school for their daughter.
(c) A couple seeking advice from the headmistress.
(d) A couple curious about the school.
2. Who poses as a couple?
(a) Murray and Jekyll.
(b) Murray and Griffin.
(c) Quatermain and Murray.
(d) Murray and Nemo.
3. Who does Quatermain suspect the torturer is?
(b) The chief of police.
(c) His enemy.
(d) His friend.
4. What has the League been commissioned to do?
(a) Recover the substance.
(b) Find the Lord.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
5. Who accosts Murray as she attempts to rouse Quatermain?
(a) Two policemen.
(b) None of these.
(c) Two locals.
(d) Mr. Edward Hyde.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quatermain use to protect Murray?
2. What is the name of the girl who is being seized by the holy spirit?
3. Where does Murray prowl in her disguise?
4. What happens at the same time as Quatermain setting out to find Limehouse?
5. Who is the Headmistress visibly interested in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a demi-monde?
2. Why is the British Government concerned with the scientists' creation?
3. Describe the environment of this school.
4. Why does the League break into two groups?
5. What had the Lord of Limehouse purchased?
6. Who is the Captain of the Nautilus, and where does the Nautilus take Mina?
7. What is the Albion Reach and when is it due to be completed?
8. How does Dupin react to Murray taking her leave?
9. How does Quatermain explain Jekyll's apparent illness?
10. What is the problem with Quong Lee's offer of help?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)