|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie describe the woman he saved in the alley?
2. What is Charlie's biggest advantage while in the car with Rose?
3. Where does Charlie see his parents after his second escape?
4. What does Charlie hope to stop after getting off the bus?
5. What weapon is the woman in distress being threatened with near the warehouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane make Charlie do when they wake up in the morning?
2. How does Charlie escape from Rose?
3. What happens in the alley by the warehouse?
4. Why does Charlie leave the homeless shelter so fast?
5. What does Jane do as Charlie gets ready to leave?
6. What wakes Charlie up on the bus?
7. Who is Angeline?
8. What does Charlie choose to do when he wakes up in the cave, and why?
9. How does Charlie get a message from Beth, and what does it say?
10. What does Charlie like about Jane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Who are the bad guys in this book and who are the good guys? How does this line get blurred from time to time, and what affect does this have on the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Charlie and Alex are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)