|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman in distress wearing near the warehouse?
2. Why do the people who find Charlie in the cave fear him?
3. Why does Charlie have to hide himself after getting off the bus?
4. How does Charlie describe the woman he saved in the alley?
5. What does the woman in the alley promise to do for Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wakes Charlie up on the bus?
2. How does Orton plan to kill Yarrow?
3. What does Charlie ask for after meeting Angeline, and why?
4. What does Charlie see Orton do on the bridge?
5. What does Charlie realize when he looks at a newspaper?
6. How does Charlie earn the trust of Angeline's mother?
7. What is Charlie most worried about while hiding after escaping from Rose?
8. What happens in the alley by the warehouse?
9. What does Jane do as Charlie gets ready to leave?
10. Who is Angeline?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Hypocrisy was an attribute that was highlighted in this book. Where did hypocrisy appear, and how did the inclusion of this attribute affect Charlie throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and creatures were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)