|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Charlie's mind as he begins his escape from Rose?
2. Why doesn't Charlie want to call the police?
3. When does Rose say he first met Charlie?
4. What is Yarrow's first name?
5. Where does Charlie go after ditching the stolen car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Charlie gets out of the shower?
2. What does Jane do as Charlie gets ready to leave?
3. What is Charlie most worried about while hiding after escaping from Rose?
4. What does Jane make Charlie do when they wake up in the morning?
5. What does Charlie see Orton do on the bridge?
6. What does Rose tell Charlie about his parents?
7. What is Charlie accused of at Angeline's house?
8. Why does Charlie leave the homeless shelter so fast?
9. What does Charlie like about Jane?
10. How does Orton plan to kill Yarrow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think Charlie lost his memory, and how did this memory loss affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of politics led to the problems and conflicts in this book, and how were they resolved?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and creatures were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)