|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie get the trust of the people who find him in the cave?
2. What is Rose's title?
3. What is Yarrow's first name?
4. What is Charlie strapped to in his jumpsuit?
5. What does Charlie tell the person he calls when he gets off the bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rose say he dislikes Charlie?
2. What happens when Charlie gets out of the shower?
3. What is Charlie most worried about while hiding after escaping from Rose?
4. What does Charlie see Orton do on the bridge?
5. How does Charlie talk to Beth, and what does he say?
6. What wakes Charlie up on the bus?
7. What does Charlie like about Jane?
8. What does Jane make Charlie do when they wake up in the morning?
9. Why does Rose turn the radio in the car on?
10. What keeps Charlie from praying in his cell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the bad guys in this book and who are the good guys? How does this line get blurred from time to time, and what affect does this have on the characters in the book?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)