|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Charlie at the bridge?
2. Where does Charlie see his parents after his second escape?
3. How does Charlie respond when Rose explains how he was convicted?
4. Why can't Charlie get out of the cave the way he came?
5. What is Yarrow's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wakes Charlie up on the bus?
2. What does Jane do as Charlie gets ready to leave?
3. What kind of evidence does Rose say was used to convict Charlie?
4. Why does Rose turn the radio in the car on?
5. Why does Charlie leave the homeless shelter so fast?
6. Why does Rose say he dislikes Charlie?
7. What does Rose tell Charlie about his parents?
8. How does Rose describe Charlie's memory loss, and why?
9. What does Charlie see Orton do on the bridge?
10. What is Charlie accused of at Angeline's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of politics led to the problems and conflicts in this book, and how were they resolved?
Essay Topic 2
Charlie makes some very daring escapes in this books. How does he make these escapes, and what are the results of each of them?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Yarrow and what was his role in this narrative?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)