|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Charlie afraid he will get stuck in the cave?
2. Where does Charlie go after ditching the stolen car?
3. Where does Rose say Charlie will go before they get to the prison?
4. What kind of car does Angeline's mother drive?
5. What is the name of Angeline's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlie leave the homeless shelter so fast?
2. What does Jane do as Charlie gets ready to leave?
3. What does Charlie ask for after meeting Angeline, and why?
4. What does Charlie realize when he looks at a newspaper?
5. What does Jane say is special about her door?
6. What does Charlie choose to do when he wakes up in the cave, and why?
7. What does Jane make Charlie do when they wake up in the morning?
8. How does Charlie talk to Beth, and what does he say?
9. What happens in the alley by the warehouse?
10. Why does Rose say he dislikes Charlie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think Charlie lost his memory, and how did this memory loss affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What evidence was used against Charlie in the trial, and how does he respond when he learns of this evidence?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)