|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Charlie at the bridge?
2. Why does Charlie go looking for the place he goes after ditching the stolen car?
3. Who wants to talk to Charlie as Rose takes him away?
4. Why doesn't Charlie want to call the police?
5. What relieves Charlie when he wakes up in the cave?
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What evidence was used against Charlie in the trial, and how does he respond when he learns of this evidence?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)