|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie get the trust of the people who find him in the cave?
2. Who kills men on the bridge?
3. How does Charlie respond when Rose explains how he was convicted?
4. Where does Charlie go after ditching the stolen car?
5. What does Charlie realize when he gets in the car with Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of evidence does Rose say was used to convict Charlie?
2. What does Charlie realize when he looks at a newspaper?
3. How does Charlie earn the trust of Angeline's mother?
4. How does Charlie talk to Beth, and what does he say?
5. What does Charlie ask for after meeting Angeline, and why?
6. What is Charlie accused of at Angeline's house?
7. What does Charlie realize when he hears Yarrow's name?
8. How does Charlie escape from Rose?
9. Why does Charlie leave the homeless shelter so fast?
10. What keeps Charlie from praying in his cell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Who are the bad guys in this book and who are the good guys? How does this line get blurred from time to time, and what affect does this have on the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Charlie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)