|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie do with the knife in the alley?
2. What clouds Charlie's ability to think before he begins his escape plan?
3. Why does Rose say he doesn't like Charlie?
4. What does Charlie realize when he gets in the car with Rose?
5. Where is Charlie when he gets out of the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Charlie accused of at Angeline's house?
2. Who is Angeline?
3. How does Rose describe Charlie's memory loss, and why?
4. What does Charlie ask for after meeting Angeline, and why?
5. What is Charlie most worried about while hiding after escaping from Rose?
6. What happens in the alley by the warehouse?
7. How does Orton plan to kill Yarrow?
8. What does Charlie see Orton do on the bridge?
9. What does Charlie like about Jane?
10. What does Jane say is special about her door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the bad guys in this book and who are the good guys? How does this line get blurred from time to time, and what affect does this have on the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of politics led to the problems and conflicts in this book, and how were they resolved?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)