|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie think about before he begins his escape plan?
2. Who wakes up Charlie in the cave?
3. What happens in Charlie's mind as he begins his escape from Rose?
4. Who besides Charlie knows of the plan to kill Yarrow?
5. How does Charlie feel as he tries to explain what happened to him to Angeline's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Charlie most worried about while hiding after escaping from Rose?
2. How does Charlie earn the trust of Angeline's mother?
3. What does Jane say is special about her door?
4. What does Jane do as Charlie gets ready to leave?
5. What does Charlie choose to do when he wakes up in the cave, and why?
6. How does Rose describe Charlie's memory loss, and why?
7. What does Jane make Charlie do when they wake up in the morning?
8. Why does Charlie leave the homeless shelter so fast?
9. How does Charlie talk to Beth, and what does he say?
10. Who is Angeline?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and creatures were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Charlie and Alex are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)