|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose not do that allows Charlie to escape?
2. What is the name of the woman in the alley?
3. How does the woman in the alley know who Charlie is?
4. Who kills men on the bridge?
5. What relieves Charlie when he wakes up in the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wakes Charlie up on the bus?
2. What is Charlie most worried about while hiding after escaping from Rose?
3. Why does Rose say he dislikes Charlie?
4. What does Charlie realize when he looks at a newspaper?
5. What does Charlie notice about Angeline's mother after she talks to her husband?
6. What does Rose tell Charlie about his parents?
7. What happens when Charlie gets out of the shower?
8. What does Charlie see Orton do on the bridge?
9. What does Charlie choose to do when he wakes up in the cave, and why?
10. Why does Rose turn the radio in the car on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
How do you think Charlie lost his memory, and how did this memory loss affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What evidence was used against Charlie in the trial, and how does he respond when he learns of this evidence?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)