|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Richard Yarrow?
2. How much time does Charlie have to wait when he gets to the bridge?
3. Who besides Charlie knows of the plan to kill Yarrow?
4. Where is Charlie when he tries to call his mother?
5. Why is Charlie so surprised when he hears where he is when he gets out of the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the alley by the warehouse?
2. What does Jane do as Charlie gets ready to leave?
3. How does Charlie get a message from Beth, and what does it say?
4. What keeps Charlie from praying in his cell?
5. What does Charlie realize when he looks at a newspaper?
6. Why does Charlie leave the homeless shelter so fast?
7. What wakes Charlie up on the bus?
8. What is Charlie most worried about while hiding after escaping from Rose?
9. What does Jane say is special about her door?
10. What does Charlie ask for after meeting Angeline, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the bad guys in this book and who are the good guys? How does this line get blurred from time to time, and what affect does this have on the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What evidence was used against Charlie in the trial, and how does he respond when he learns of this evidence?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)