|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Charlie when he gets out of the cave?
2. Why do the people who find Charlie in the cave fear him?
3. What kind of car does Angeline's mother drive?
4. What month is it when Charlie gets out of the cave?
5. What clouds Charlie's ability to think before he begins his escape plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlie leave the homeless shelter so fast?
2. What does Charlie ask for after meeting Angeline, and why?
3. How does Orton plan to kill Yarrow?
4. Why does Rose turn the radio in the car on?
5. What does Rose tell Charlie about his parents?
6. How does Rose describe Charlie's memory loss, and why?
7. Why does Rose say he dislikes Charlie?
8. What kind of evidence does Rose say was used to convict Charlie?
9. What does Jane do as Charlie gets ready to leave?
10. What happens when Charlie gets out of the shower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of politics led to the problems and conflicts in this book, and how were they resolved?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)