|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie describe the woman he saved in the alley?
2. What does Charlie tell the person he calls when he gets off the bus?
3. Why do the people who find Charlie in the cave fear him?
4. What is Charlie's mother doing when he sees her?
5. What does Charlie hope to stop after getting off the bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Charlie gets out of the shower?
2. Why does Rose say he dislikes Charlie?
3. What does Jane make Charlie do when they wake up in the morning?
4. What is Charlie accused of at Angeline's house?
5. What does Charlie see Orton do on the bridge?
6. What happens in the alley by the warehouse?
7. How does Rose describe Charlie's memory loss, and why?
8. What does Jane do as Charlie gets ready to leave?
9. What does Jane say is special about her door?
10. Why does Charlie leave the homeless shelter so fast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security were two themes present in this novel. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)