|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when Charlie gets out of the cave?
2. Who does Angeline's mother remind Charlie of?
3. What is Charlie strapped to in his jumpsuit?
4. Where is the jail?
5. Where is the woman who Charlie saved in the alley hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane make Charlie do when they wake up in the morning?
2. How does Charlie earn the trust of Angeline's mother?
3. What wakes Charlie up on the bus?
4. Who is Angeline?
5. How does Charlie get a message from Beth, and what does it say?
6. What is Charlie most worried about while hiding after escaping from Rose?
7. What keeps Charlie from praying in his cell?
8. What does Charlie see Orton do on the bridge?
9. How does Rose describe Charlie's memory loss, and why?
10. What does Jane say is special about her door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Yarrow and what was his role in this narrative?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)