|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman in the alley make money?
2. Why does Charlie go looking for the place he goes after ditching the stolen car?
3. Who does Charlie call when he gets off the bus?
4. Why does Charlie have to hide himself after getting off the bus?
5. Why does Charlie leave shortly after seeing his parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie notice about Angeline's mother after she talks to her husband?
2. What does Charlie see Orton do on the bridge?
3. What is Charlie most worried about while hiding after escaping from Rose?
4. How does Charlie get a message from Beth, and what does it say?
5. How does Charlie talk to Beth, and what does he say?
6. What does Charlie choose to do when he wakes up in the cave, and why?
7. How does Rose describe Charlie's memory loss, and why?
8. What does Jane say is special about her door?
9. What does Rose tell Charlie about his parents?
10. What does Charlie ask for after meeting Angeline, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What evidence was used against Charlie in the trial, and how does he respond when he learns of this evidence?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and creatures were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)