|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Charlie's mind as he begins his escape from Rose?
2. What does Charlie do with the knife in the alley?
3. Why is Charlie so surprised when he hears where he is when he gets out of the cave?
4. When does Rose say he first met Charlie?
5. How is Yarrow planned to be killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rose tell Charlie about his parents?
2. How does Charlie get a message from Beth, and what does it say?
3. What does Charlie realize when he hears Yarrow's name?
4. How does Rose describe Charlie's memory loss, and why?
5. How does Charlie escape from Rose?
6. How does Charlie talk to Beth, and what does he say?
7. Why does Rose say he dislikes Charlie?
8. What happens in the alley by the warehouse?
9. What keeps Charlie from praying in his cell?
10. What kind of evidence does Rose say was used to convict Charlie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Hypocrisy was an attribute that was highlighted in this book. Where did hypocrisy appear, and how did the inclusion of this attribute affect Charlie throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)