|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relieves Charlie when he wakes up in the cave?
2. What happens in Charlie's mind as he begins his escape from Rose?
3. Where is the woman who Charlie saved in the alley hiding?
4. Who is Richard Yarrow?
5. What does Rose do to ignore Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of evidence does Rose say was used to convict Charlie?
2. How does Charlie earn the trust of Angeline's mother?
3. What does Jane make Charlie do when they wake up in the morning?
4. Why does Charlie leave the homeless shelter so fast?
5. What does Charlie see Orton do on the bridge?
6. What does Jane do as Charlie gets ready to leave?
7. What keeps Charlie from praying in his cell?
8. What does Jane say is special about her door?
9. Why does Rose turn the radio in the car on?
10. What is Charlie accused of at Angeline's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and creatures were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this novel. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)