|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie ask for when he is found in the cave?
2. What surprises Rose when he sees Charlie?
3. What color in the cave brings Charlie the most joy?
4. What happens in Charlie's mind as he begins his escape from Rose?
5. What is Charlie offered when he is found in the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of evidence does Rose say was used to convict Charlie?
2. Why does Rose say he dislikes Charlie?
3. What does Charlie see Orton do on the bridge?
4. How does Rose describe Charlie's memory loss, and why?
5. What does Charlie ask for after meeting Angeline, and why?
6. What does Charlie notice about Angeline's mother after she talks to her husband?
7. What does Charlie like about Jane?
8. What happens in the alley by the warehouse?
9. What is Charlie accused of at Angeline's house?
10. How does Orton plan to kill Yarrow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)