|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Charlie at the bridge?
2. Who is Angeline?
3. What happens in Charlie's mind as he begins his escape from Rose?
4. What kind of impulses does the woman in the alley say she can avoid?
5. How does Charlie get the trust of the people who find him in the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie realize when he hears Yarrow's name?
2. How does Charlie escape from Rose?
3. How does Charlie earn the trust of Angeline's mother?
4. What happens in the alley by the warehouse?
5. How does Charlie get a message from Beth, and what does it say?
6. What kind of evidence does Rose say was used to convict Charlie?
7. What does Charlie realize when he looks at a newspaper?
8. Why does Rose turn the radio in the car on?
9. What does Charlie like about Jane?
10. What does Charlie notice about Angeline's mother after she talks to her husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and creatures were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)