|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose do to ignore Charlie?
2. Who is Richard Yarrow?
3. What does Charlie tell the person he calls when he gets off the bus?
4. How does Charlie get the trust of the people who find him in the cave?
5. Why is Charlie so surprised when he hears where he is when he gets out of the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie realize when he looks at a newspaper?
2. How does Rose describe Charlie's memory loss, and why?
3. How does Charlie talk to Beth, and what does he say?
4. What does Jane make Charlie do when they wake up in the morning?
5. What happens when Charlie gets out of the shower?
6. What does Jane say is special about her door?
7. What is Charlie accused of at Angeline's house?
8. How does Charlie get a message from Beth, and what does it say?
9. What keeps Charlie from praying in his cell?
10. Who is Angeline?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Charlie makes some very daring escapes in this books. How does he make these escapes, and what are the results of each of them?
Essay Topic 2
Charlie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Yarrow and what was his role in this narrative?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)