|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Charlie want to call the police?
2. Why can't Charlie get out of the cave the way he came?
3. Where is the woman who Charlie saved in the alley hiding?
4. Where is the jail?
5. What is Charlie strapped to in his jumpsuit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the alley by the warehouse?
2. What does Jane say is special about her door?
3. Why does Rose turn the radio in the car on?
4. What wakes Charlie up on the bus?
5. What does Rose tell Charlie about his parents?
6. How does Charlie earn the trust of Angeline's mother?
7. How does Charlie talk to Beth, and what does he say?
8. How does Charlie escape from Rose?
9. How does Rose describe Charlie's memory loss, and why?
10. What does Charlie realize when he looks at a newspaper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
How do you think Charlie lost his memory, and how did this memory loss affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Charlie and Alex are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)