|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Angeline's mother?
2. What is Yarrow's first name?
3. What weapon is the woman in distress being threatened with near the warehouse?
4. What is the name of the woman in the alley?
5. What is most disorienting to Charlie when he wakes up in the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rose turn the radio in the car on?
2. How does Rose describe Charlie's memory loss, and why?
3. How does Orton plan to kill Yarrow?
4. What does Charlie see Orton do on the bridge?
5. How does Charlie escape from Rose?
6. What does Charlie like about Jane?
7. What keeps Charlie from praying in his cell?
8. What does Charlie notice about Angeline's mother after she talks to her husband?
9. What does Jane say is special about her door?
10. What happens when Charlie gets out of the shower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Hypocrisy was an attribute that was highlighted in this book. Where did hypocrisy appear, and how did the inclusion of this attribute affect Charlie throughout the book?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)