|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlie follow the water source?
2. How did Beth act when Charlie was about to hit the bricks?
3. Who is Charlie thinking about after the truck flips?
4. What time does Charlie go to bed at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Charlie hurt the animal like man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rose turn the radio in the car on?
2. What does Charlie ask for after meeting Angeline, and why?
3. What happened at lunch to shock Rick?
4. What does Rose tell Charlie about his parents?
5. Why does Alex feel so alone, even while talking to Charlie?
6. What caused a major change in Alex?
7. What does Charlie see when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
8. What does Jane make Charlie do when they wake up in the morning?
9. What warning does Alex give Charlie before he leaves the car?
10. How does Charlie get a message from Beth, and what does it say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Yarrow and what was his role in this narrative?
Essay Topic 2
Charlie makes some very daring escapes in this books. How does he make these escapes, and what are the results of each of them?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)