|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beth act after Charlie broke the bricks?
2. What does Alex tell his friends about Charlie?
3. What does Alex do as Charlie drives away from the almost fight?
4. What is the towel next to Charlie at the beginning of the book soaked in?
5. Why did Charlie's best friend have to move?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Beth do the last time Charlie saw her?
2. What warning does Alex give Charlie before he leaves the car?
3. What does Charlie see when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
4. What is the Churchill Card?
5. What does Charlie hear men talking about near the sinkhole?
6. What is Charlie thinking about just after the truck crash?
7. What did Charlie do at lunch time that was a first for him?
8. Why does Charlie get nervous about the demonstration he is to give at school?
9. How does Charlie handle the conflict with Alex's friends outside the dojo?
10. What warning does Alex give his friends about Charlie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Hypocrisy was an attribute that was highlighted in this book. Where did hypocrisy appear, and how did the inclusion of this attribute affect Charlie throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)