|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charlie NOT think about while doing his demonstration?
2. What homework was Charlie doing at the beginning of the book?
3. What kind of animal does Charlie compare the man who wants to kill him to?
4. What was Charlie heading for when the truck flipped?
5. Why does Charlie get nervous about the presentation he is to give at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie see when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Rose say he dislikes Charlie?
3. What did Charlie worry about at the end of his demonstration?
4. What is Charlie accused of at Angeline's house?
5. How do the men in the strange room plan to kill Charlie?
6. What does Rose tell Charlie about his parents?
7. How does Charlie handle the conflict with Alex's friends outside the dojo?
8. What wakes Charlie up on the bus?
9. What does Charlie realize when he looks at a newspaper?
10. What does Charlie see Orton do on the bridge?
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)