|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pose did Charlie hold before breaking the bricks?
2. Who sat in the front during the demonstration?
3. What advice does Mike always give Charlie?
4. Why does Alex think Charlie can't understand him?
5. What ethnicity are the men near the black square?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie hear voices say at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Charlie hear men talking about near the sinkhole?
3. How does Mike respond to the secret Charlie tells him?
4. How did Charlie prepare to perform his demonstration?
5. What warning does Alex give his friends about Charlie?
6. What can't Charlie remember when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
7. What caused a major change in Alex?
8. What is a kata?
9. What does Charlie see when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
10. What warning does Alex give Charlie before he leaves the car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Charlie makes some very daring escapes in this books. How does he make these escapes, and what are the results of each of them?
Essay Topic 2
Charlie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this novel. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)