|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beth act after Charlie broke the bricks?
2. Who gave Charlie the card he always has with him?
3. How does Charlie hurt the animal like man?
4. What did Charlie's sensei say was distracting Charlie on his last day of normalcy?
5. What returns to Charlie as he drinks water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlie get nervous about the demonstration he is to give at school?
2. Why does Alex feel so alone, even while talking to Charlie?
3. What did Charlie worry about at the end of his demonstration?
4. What did Beth do the last time Charlie saw her?
5. What can't Charlie remember when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
6. What warning does Alex give his friends about Charlie?
7. What secret does Charlie tell Mike on his last day of normalcy?
8. What is a kata?
9. What does Charlie hear voices say at the beginning of the book?
10. Why does Charlie take the key from the ignition of the crashed truck?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Charlie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)