|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex say is the worst part of his life?
2. What kind of demonstration is Charlie giving at school?
3. What is the first thing Charlie hears when he gets through the black square?
4. How do the men know where Charlie hides from Hunter?
5. How many concrete blocks were part of the demonstration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie see when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
2. What warning does Alex give his friends about Charlie?
3. What caused a major change in Alex?
4. What does Charlie hear men talking about near the sinkhole?
5. What warning does Alex give Charlie before he leaves the car?
6. What obstacles stand in the way of Charlie's hopes for his future?
7. What is Charlie thinking about just after the truck crash?
8. What did Beth do the last time Charlie saw her?
9. What is a kata?
10. What is the Churchill Card?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of politics led to the problems and conflicts in this book, and how were they resolved?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)