|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie hurt the chunky man?
2. How does Charlie say he felt on his last day of normalcy?
3. How does Charlie hurt the animal like man?
4. What kind of animal does Charlie compare the man who wants to kill him to?
5. Why was Charlie on a high during his classes after the demonstration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Beth do the last time Charlie saw her?
2. What is Charlie's plan once he frees himself from the chair?
3. What is the Churchill Card?
4. What does Charlie hear voices say at the beginning of the book?
5. What happened at lunch to shock Rick?
6. What did Charlie do at lunch time that was a first for him?
7. What does Charlie see when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
8. Why does Charlie take the key from the ignition of the crashed truck?
9. Why does Alex feel so alone, even while talking to Charlie?
10. What does Charlie hear men talking about near the sinkhole?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Charlie and Alex are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)