|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlie follow the water source?
2. What had to quiet before Charlie could begin his demonstration?
3. Where does Charlie hurt the chunky man?
4. Where is Sensei Mike from?
5. What kind of move did Charlie perform at his demonstration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What obstacles stand in the way of Charlie's hopes for his future?
2. Why does Charlie take the key from the ignition of the crashed truck?
3. How did Charlie prepare to perform his demonstration?
4. What unpleasant surprise did Charlie find after leaving the dojo on the last day he remembers?
5. What warning does Alex give Charlie before he leaves the car?
6. What can't Charlie remember when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
7. What warning does Alex give his friends about Charlie?
8. How did Charlie's demonstration get off to a bad start?
9. Why does Charlie get nervous about the demonstration he is to give at school?
10. What is Charlie's plan once he frees himself from the chair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the bad guys in this book and who are the good guys? How does this line get blurred from time to time, and what affect does this have on the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this novel. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)