|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charlie's sensei say was distracting Charlie on his last day of normalcy?
2. What does Charlie fall to the bottom of after hiding from Hunter?
3. What kind of animal does Charlie compare the man who wants to kill him to?
4. Who gave Charlie the card he always has with him?
5. Where does Charlie get water after running from the flipped truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Charlie thinking about just after the truck crash?
2. What does Charlie hear voices say at the beginning of the book?
3. How do the men in the strange room plan to kill Charlie?
4. What warning does Alex give his friends about Charlie?
5. What obstacles stand in the way of Charlie's hopes for his future?
6. Why does Alex feel so alone, even while talking to Charlie?
7. How does Charlie handle the conflict with Alex's friends outside the dojo?
8. What is Charlie's plan once he frees himself from the chair?
9. What unpleasant surprise did Charlie find after leaving the dojo on the last day he remembers?
10. Why does Charlie get nervous about the demonstration he is to give at school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
How do you think Charlie lost his memory, and how did this memory loss affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)