|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hunter?
2. Who introduced Charlie at his demonstration?
3. How many men follow Charlie where he hides from hunter?
4. What ethnicity are the men near the black square?
5. What was Charlie heading for when the truck flipped?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Charlie prepare to perform his demonstration?
2. What did Charlie do at lunch time that was a first for him?
3. Why does Alex feel so alone, even while talking to Charlie?
4. What is Charlie's plan once he frees himself from the chair?
5. What secret does Charlie tell Mike on his last day of normalcy?
6. What unpleasant surprise did Charlie find after leaving the dojo on the last day he remembers?
7. What obstacles stand in the way of Charlie's hopes for his future?
8. What did Charlie worry about at the end of his demonstration?
9. What is Charlie thinking about just after the truck crash?
10. How does Charlie handle the conflict with Alex's friends outside the dojo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Charlie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and creatures were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)