|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie go to hide from Hunter?
2. What does Charlie think about as he is running down the hall?
3. Why doesn't Charlie call out to the voices he hears at the beginning of the book?
4. How did Charlie visit his best friend after he moved?
5. Why does the chunky man undo Charlie's straps?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Churchill Card?
2. What is a kata?
3. What can't Charlie remember when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
4. What obstacles stand in the way of Charlie's hopes for his future?
5. What does Charlie hear men talking about near the sinkhole?
6. What did Beth do the last time Charlie saw her?
7. What is Charlie thinking about just after the truck crash?
8. What did Charlie worry about at the end of his demonstration?
9. What does Charlie see when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
10. What warning does Alex give his friends about Charlie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Hypocrisy was an attribute that was highlighted in this book. Where did hypocrisy appear, and how did the inclusion of this attribute affect Charlie throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Yarrow and what was his role in this narrative?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)