|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What level does Charlie have in karate?
2. Where does Charlie go to hide from Hunter?
3. Who beat Charlie in a spar on his last day of normalcy?
4. What is the name of Charlie's best friend?
5. Why does the chunky man undo Charlie's straps?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlie get nervous about the demonstration he is to give at school?
2. What does Charlie see when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Charlie hear men talking about near the sinkhole?
4. What warning does Alex give Charlie before he leaves the car?
5. What obstacles stand in the way of Charlie's hopes for his future?
6. What is a kata?
7. What happened at lunch to shock Rick?
8. What is Charlie thinking about just after the truck crash?
9. What does Charlie hear voices say at the beginning of the book?
10. Why is Charlie so disappointed when he comes to the sinkhole?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think Charlie lost his memory, and how did this memory loss affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Charlie and Alex are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)