|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie running for at the end of the hallway as he escapes?
2. What is Hunter?
3. What does the animal-like man plan to kill Charlie with?
4. What is the name of Charlie's best friend?
5. How did Charlie visit his best friend after he moved?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlie so disappointed when he comes to the sinkhole?
2. What did Charlie worry about at the end of his demonstration?
3. How does Charlie get free from the chair he is strapped to?
4. What unpleasant surprise did Charlie find after leaving the dojo on the last day he remembers?
5. What is Charlie's plan once he frees himself from the chair?
6. What does Charlie see when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
7. How does Mike respond to the secret Charlie tells him?
8. What did Beth do the last time Charlie saw her?
9. What caused a major change in Alex?
10. What can't Charlie remember when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Charlie makes some very daring escapes in this books. How does he make these escapes, and what are the results of each of them?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)