|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie covered in as he hides from Hunter?
2. What had to quiet before Charlie could begin his demonstration?
3. What level does Charlie have in karate?
4. What was Charlie called when introduced for his demonstration?
5. Why does Charlie take the keys out of the truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie see when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
2. What did Charlie do at lunch time that was a first for him?
3. How does Charlie get free from the chair he is strapped to?
4. Why is Charlie so disappointed when he comes to the sinkhole?
5. How does Charlie handle the conflict with Alex's friends outside the dojo?
6. What secret does Charlie tell Mike on his last day of normalcy?
7. Why does Charlie get nervous about the demonstration he is to give at school?
8. What caused a major change in Alex?
9. How did Charlie's demonstration get off to a bad start?
10. What does Charlie hear voices say at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and creatures were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Charlie makes some very daring escapes in this books. How does he make these escapes, and what are the results of each of them?
Essay Topic 3
Charlie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)