|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words comfort Charlie at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Charlie say he felt on his last day of normalcy?
3. What kind of card does Charlie always carry with him?
4. Where does Charlie go to hide from Hunter?
5. What time does Charlie go to bed at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Charlie prepare to perform his demonstration?
2. What unpleasant surprise did Charlie find after leaving the dojo on the last day he remembers?
3. Why is Charlie so disappointed when he comes to the sinkhole?
4. How does Mike respond to the secret Charlie tells him?
5. What did Charlie do at lunch time that was a first for him?
6. Why does Charlie take the key from the ignition of the crashed truck?
7. What warning does Alex give his friends about Charlie?
8. What does Charlie hear voices say at the beginning of the book?
9. What did Charlie worry about at the end of his demonstration?
10. What warning does Alex give Charlie before he leaves the car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Charlie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)