|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men follow Charlie where he hides from hunter?
2. Why does Charlie say Alex's judgments aren't clear?
3. What advice does Mike always give Charlie?
4. Where does Charlie go to hide from Hunter?
5. Why is Charlie so weak as he runs away from the truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlie get nervous about the demonstration he is to give at school?
2. What happened at lunch to shock Rick?
3. What warning does Alex give his friends about Charlie?
4. What unpleasant surprise did Charlie find after leaving the dojo on the last day he remembers?
5. Why is Charlie so disappointed when he comes to the sinkhole?
6. How do the men in the strange room plan to kill Charlie?
7. What is the Churchill Card?
8. What is Charlie thinking about just after the truck crash?
9. What obstacles stand in the way of Charlie's hopes for his future?
10. What does Charlie see when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
How do you think Charlie lost his memory, and how did this memory loss affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Charlie and Alex are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)