|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What homework was Charlie doing at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Alex do as Charlie drives away from the almost fight?
3. Why is Alex so frustrated at Charlie?
4. What was Charlie heading for when the truck flipped?
5. Why did Charlie's best friend have to move?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Charlie tell Mike on his last day of normalcy?
2. Why does Charlie take the key from the ignition of the crashed truck?
3. What obstacles stand in the way of Charlie's hopes for his future?
4. What happened at lunch to shock Rick?
5. What is Charlie's plan once he frees himself from the chair?
6. What does Charlie hear voices say at the beginning of the book?
7. What is Charlie thinking about just after the truck crash?
8. What did Beth do the last time Charlie saw her?
9. What does Charlie hear men talking about near the sinkhole?
10. What can't Charlie remember when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think Charlie lost his memory, and how did this memory loss affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Hypocrisy was an attribute that was highlighted in this book. Where did hypocrisy appear, and how did the inclusion of this attribute affect Charlie throughout the book?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)