Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex say Charlie relies on for strength?
2. What does Charlie do when he hears a voice in his head after the truck flips?
3. What pose did Charlie hold before breaking the bricks?
4. Where does Charlie hurt the chunky man?
5. Why doesn't Charlie call out to the voices he hears at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Charlie worry about at the end of his demonstration?
2. What secret does Charlie tell Mike on his last day of normalcy?
3. How does Charlie talk to Beth, and what does he say?
4. What keeps Charlie from praying in his cell?
5. What does Charlie ask for after meeting Angeline, and why?
6. How did Charlie's demonstration get off to a bad start?
7. What does Jane do as Charlie gets ready to leave?
8. What is Charlie most worried about while hiding after escaping from Rose?
9. What unpleasant surprise did Charlie find after leaving the dojo on the last day he remembers?
10. What does Jane make Charlie do when they wake up in the morning?
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of politics led to the problems and conflicts in this book, and how were they resolved?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)