Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex say Charlie relies on for strength?
2. What does Charlie do when he hears a voice in his head after the truck flips?
3. What pose did Charlie hold before breaking the bricks?
4. Where does Charlie hurt the chunky man?
5. Why doesn't Charlie call out to the voices he hears at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Charlie worry about at the end of his demonstration?
2. What secret does Charlie tell Mike on his last day of normalcy?
3. How does Charlie talk to Beth, and what does he say?
4. What keeps Charlie from praying in his cell?
5. What does Charlie ask for after meeting Angeline, and why?
6. How did Charlie's demonstration get off to a bad start?
7. What does Jane do as Charlie gets ready to leave?
8. What is Charlie most worried about while hiding after escaping from Rose?
9. What unpleasant surprise did Charlie find after leaving the dojo on the last day he remembers?
10. What does Jane make Charlie do when they wake up in the morning?
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Who are the bad guys in this book and who are the good guys? How does this line get blurred from time to time, and what affect does this have on the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)