|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What historical figures does Charlie get courage from at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Charlie want to be when he grows up?
3. How did Charlie visit his best friend after he moved?
4. Why does the chunky man undo Charlie's straps?
5. What is Josh's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Charlie thinking about just after the truck crash?
2. How does Charlie handle the conflict with Alex's friends outside the dojo?
3. Why does Charlie take the key from the ignition of the crashed truck?
4. Why does Alex feel so alone, even while talking to Charlie?
5. How did Charlie prepare to perform his demonstration?
6. What is a kata?
7. What did Charlie worry about at the end of his demonstration?
8. What caused a major change in Alex?
9. What can't Charlie remember when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
10. What is the Churchill Card?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the bad guys in this book and who are the good guys? How does this line get blurred from time to time, and what affect does this have on the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of politics led to the problems and conflicts in this book, and how were they resolved?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)