|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men near the black square holding?
2. Who sat in the front during the demonstration?
3. Why does Charlie say Alex's judgments aren't clear?
4. What is Charlie strapped to at the beginning of the book?
5. Why does Charlie follow the water source?
Short Essay Questions
1. What warning does Alex give Charlie before he leaves the car?
2. What is the Churchill Card?
3. Why does Charlie take the key from the ignition of the crashed truck?
4. What does Charlie hear voices say at the beginning of the book?
5. What secret does Charlie tell Mike on his last day of normalcy?
6. How did Charlie's demonstration get off to a bad start?
7. What does Charlie hear men talking about near the sinkhole?
8. What is Charlie's plan once he frees himself from the chair?
9. Why does Charlie get nervous about the demonstration he is to give at school?
10. What caused a major change in Alex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Yarrow and what was his role in this narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this novel. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)