|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beth act after Charlie broke the bricks?
2. Who initiates the conversation between Alex's friends and Charlie?
3. Why does Alex think Charlie can't understand him?
4. What advice does Mike always give Charlie?
5. Who gave Charlie the card he always has with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlie take the key from the ignition of the crashed truck?
2. What obstacles stand in the way of Charlie's hopes for his future?
3. What did Charlie do at lunch time that was a first for him?
4. Why is Charlie so disappointed when he comes to the sinkhole?
5. How does Charlie get free from the chair he is strapped to?
6. What can't Charlie remember when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Charlie hear voices say at the beginning of the book?
8. How did Charlie prepare to perform his demonstration?
9. What secret does Charlie tell Mike on his last day of normalcy?
10. What is Charlie thinking about just after the truck crash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hypocrisy was an attribute that was highlighted in this book. Where did hypocrisy appear, and how did the inclusion of this attribute affect Charlie throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Yarrow and what was his role in this narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this novel. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)