|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Yarrow's first name?
2. What does Charlie realize when he hears Yarrow's name?
(a) Yarrow is the real bad guy.
(b) Rose is in league with Yarrow.
(c) The men who captured him plan to kill Yarrow.
(d) Yarrow is the man who captured him.
3. Why do the people who find Charlie in the cave fear him?
(a) He is covered in blood.
(b) He has a gun.
(c) He is dirty.
(d) He is in a prisoner's outfit.
4. What does Charlie do with the knife in the alley?
(a) Burries it.
(b) Throws it away.
(c) Puts it in his pack.
(d) Leaves it alone.
5. What makes Charlie afraid he will get stuck in the cave?
(a) It gets narrow.
(b) He faints.
(c) The flashlight stops working.
(d) He gets hunger pains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color in the cave brings Charlie the most joy?
2. Why does Charlie leave shortly after seeing his parents?
3. Why is Charlie so surprised when he hears where he is when he gets out of the cave?
4. What is Charlie strapped to in his jumpsuit?
5. How does Charlie help the woman in distress near the warehouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie realize when he looks at a newspaper?
2. What keeps Charlie from praying in his cell?
3. What does Charlie ask for after meeting Angeline, and why?
4. What does Charlie notice about Angeline's mother after she talks to her husband?
5. How does Charlie earn the trust of Angeline's mother?
6. What does Charlie like about Jane?
7. How does Charlie escape from Rose?
8. What does Jane say is special about her door?
9. How does Charlie talk to Beth, and what does he say?
10. What does Charlie see Orton do on the bridge?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)