|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charlie have to hide himself after getting off the bus?
(a) He doesn't have time to talk to anyone.
(b) He looks suspicious.
(c) He can't be recognized.
(d) The bad guys know him.
2. When does Rose say he first met Charlie?
(a) When he was on trial.
(b) When he needed a lawyer.
(c) When he was arrested.
(d) When he was taken to the station.
3. Who wakes up Charlie in the cave?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A police woman.
(c) A little girl.
(d) A little boy.
4. Why can't Charlie get out of the cave the way he came?
(a) His ankle is swollen.
(b) The opening is blocked.
(c) The mud is frozen.
(d) He doesn't have a rope.
5. What does Charlie do with the knife in the alley?
(a) Throws it away.
(b) Puts it in his pack.
(c) Burries it.
(d) Leaves it alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the woman who Charlie saved in the alley hiding?
2. How is Yarrow planned to be killed?
3. Why is Charlie so surprised when he hears where he is when he gets out of the cave?
4. How much does Charlie pay for his bus ticket?
5. What does Charlie think about before he begins his escape plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the alley by the warehouse?
2. Why does Charlie leave the homeless shelter so fast?
3. What does Jane do as Charlie gets ready to leave?
4. What is Charlie accused of at Angeline's house?
5. What does Charlie see Orton do on the bridge?
6. What does Rose tell Charlie about his parents?
7. What keeps Charlie from praying in his cell?
8. What does Charlie realize when he hears Yarrow's name?
9. What does Charlie like about Jane?
10. What does Charlie ask for after meeting Angeline, and why?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)