|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie realize when he gets in the car with Rose?
(a) He is bleeding.
(b) He is hated by Rose.
(c) He is remembering more.
(d) His cuffs are undone.
2. Why can't Charlie get out of the cave the way he came?
(a) The opening is blocked.
(b) He doesn't have a rope.
(c) His ankle is swollen.
(d) The mud is frozen.
3. What does Charlie think about before he begins his escape plan?
(a) The man in the crowd.
(b) His mother.
(c) Beth's look.
(d) The guards outside the door.
4. Who is Angeline?
(a) Charlie's mother.
(b) The little girl who wakes up Charlie in the cave.
(c) The police woman who finds Charlie.
(d) An ancient philosopher.
5. What is Charlie's biggest advantage while in the car with Rose?
(b) A free arm.
(d) A will to survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the biggest shock to Charlie when he sees a newspaper?
2. What does Charlie tell the person he calls when he gets off the bus?
3. What happens in Charlie's mind as he begins his escape from Rose?
4. How much does Charlie pay for his bus ticket?
5. What surprises Charlie when he sees the group waiting to talk to him as Rose takes him away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie see Orton do on the bridge?
2. What does Charlie realize when he looks at a newspaper?
3. What keeps Charlie from praying in his cell?
4. Why does Rose turn the radio in the car on?
5. What is Charlie accused of at Angeline's house?
6. What does Jane do as Charlie gets ready to leave?
7. What kind of evidence does Rose say was used to convict Charlie?
8. What does Charlie like about Jane?
9. How does Charlie earn the trust of Angeline's mother?
10. What does Charlie choose to do when he wakes up in the cave, and why?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)