|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charlie when he tries to call his mother?
(a) A phone booth.
(b) The post office.
(c) A car.
(d) Angeline's house.
2. What food does Charlie save for later after seeing his parents?
(a) A steak tip.
(b) An apple.
(c) A carrot.
(d) A roll.
3. How does Charlie respond when Rose explains how he was convicted?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He faints.
(d) He cries.
4. What surprises Charlie when he sees the group waiting to talk to him as Rose takes him away?
(a) He thinks he remembers this being a familiar scene.
(b) He sees a familiar face.
(c) He has never seen so many reporters.
(d) He feels excited.
5. What does Charlie use as a pillow in the hideaway in the woman's house?
(a) A blanket.
(b) Cat skin.
(c) Old cans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people who find Charlie in the cave fear him?
2. Why doesn't Charlie want to call the police?
3. What evidence was used against Charlie in the case of Alex's murder?
4. Who asks Charlie to turn himself in?
5. What kind of animal does the woman in the alley have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane make Charlie do when they wake up in the morning?
2. What does Jane say is special about her door?
3. What is Charlie accused of at Angeline's house?
4. What does Charlie ask for after meeting Angeline, and why?
5. What does Charlie see Orton do on the bridge?
6. What does Jane do as Charlie gets ready to leave?
7. Why does Charlie leave the homeless shelter so fast?
8. What does Charlie realize when he hears Yarrow's name?
9. What does Charlie realize when he looks at a newspaper?
10. How does Orton plan to kill Yarrow?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)