|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Charlie's mind as he begins his escape from Rose?
(a) He sees two steps ahead.
(b) His head hurts.
(c) Time slows down.
(d) Time speeds up.
2. How does the woman in the alley know who Charlie is?
(a) She saw him on the news.
(b) She has a newspaper.
(c) She was captured with him.
(d) She can read minds.
3. What surprises Rose when he sees Charlie?
(a) He doesn't remember Rose.
(b) He is healthy.
(c) He is older.
(d) He is hurt.
4. Where is Charlie when he tries to call his mother?
(a) The post office.
(b) Angeline's house.
(c) A car.
(d) A phone booth.
5. What makes Charlie afraid he will get stuck in the cave?
(a) He gets hunger pains.
(b) He faints.
(c) The flashlight stops working.
(d) It gets narrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Charlie pay for his bus ticket?
2. What is strange when Charlie tries to call his mother?
3. What kind of car does Angeline's mother drive?
4. How does Charlie describe the woman he saved in the alley?
5. Who is Richard Yarrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the alley by the warehouse?
2. How does Charlie get a message from Beth, and what does it say?
3. What is Charlie most worried about while hiding after escaping from Rose?
4. What is Charlie accused of at Angeline's house?
5. What does Charlie ask for after meeting Angeline, and why?
6. What does Jane do as Charlie gets ready to leave?
7. Who is Angeline?
8. What keeps Charlie from praying in his cell?
9. Why does Rose say he dislikes Charlie?
10. How does Charlie talk to Beth, and what does he say?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)