|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rose's title?
2. What does Charlie tell the person he calls when he gets off the bus?
(a) He is doing the right thing.
(b) He will probably die.
(c) He needs help.
(d) He is innocent.
3. What is most disorienting to Charlie when he wakes up in the cave?
(a) The coldness.
(b) The darkness.
(c) The silence.
(d) The sounds.
4. What happens in Charlie's mind as he begins his escape from Rose?
(a) He sees two steps ahead.
(b) Time speeds up.
(c) Time slows down.
(d) His head hurts.
5. What month is it when Charlie gets out of the cave?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does the woman in the alley have?
2. What is Charlie's mother doing when he sees her?
3. What bridge will Yarrow be going over in his travels?
4. How does Charlie get the trust of the people who find him in the cave?
5. Why doesn't Charlie want to call the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie realize when he hears Yarrow's name?
2. What does Charlie choose to do when he wakes up in the cave, and why?
3. What is Charlie accused of at Angeline's house?
4. What does Charlie like about Jane?
5. Why does Charlie leave the homeless shelter so fast?
6. How does Orton plan to kill Yarrow?
7. How does Rose describe Charlie's memory loss, and why?
8. How does Charlie escape from Rose?
9. What does Charlie notice about Angeline's mother after she talks to her husband?
10. Why does Rose say he dislikes Charlie?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)