|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the animal-like man plan to kill Charlie with?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A rope.
(d) A needle of poison.
2. Who makes the first swing at Charlie?
(c) Crew Cut.
3. Who is Charlie thinking about after the truck flips?
4. How did Charlie visit his best friend after he moved?
(a) He rode his bike.
(b) He borrowed his mother's car.
(c) He took the bus.
(d) He walked.
5. What does Charlie want to be when he grows up?
(a) A solider.
(b) A spy.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sensei Mike's former occupation?
2. Why is Alex so frustrated at Charlie?
3. Why did Charlie's best friend have to move?
4. Why does Charlie get nervous about the presentation he is to give at school?
5. What is the first thing Charlie hears when he gets through the black square?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Charlie's demonstration get off to a bad start?
2. Why does Alex feel so alone, even while talking to Charlie?
3. How does Mike respond to the secret Charlie tells him?
4. How does Charlie get free from the chair he is strapped to?
5. What is Charlie's plan once he frees himself from the chair?
6. What is the Churchill Card?
7. How does Charlie handle the conflict with Alex's friends outside the dojo?
8. What unpleasant surprise did Charlie find after leaving the dojo on the last day he remembers?
9. What is a kata?
10. What did Charlie do at lunch time that was a first for him?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)