|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Charlie call out to the voices he hears at the beginning of the book?
(a) He knows they locked him up.
(b) He has no voice.
(c) All of these.
(d) He recognizes them.
2. What startles Charlie as he goes through the black square?
(a) The sunlight.
(b) The gun shots.
(c) The pain.
(d) The darkness.
3. Why does Charlie say Alex's judgments aren't clear?
(a) Because he is drunk.
(b) Because he is in pain.
(c) Because he can't see all sides.
(d) Because he hasn't been taught well.
4. What does Charlie feel a surge of as he goes through the black square?
5. Who makes the first swing at Charlie?
(a) Crew Cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie describe his feelings after the demonstration?
2. What does the animal-like man plan to kill Charlie with?
3. Who gave Charlie the card he always has with him?
4. How did Beth act after Charlie broke the bricks?
5. What does Alex tell his friends about Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mike respond to the secret Charlie tells him?
2. What happened at lunch to shock Rick?
3. What did Charlie worry about at the end of his demonstration?
4. Why is Charlie so disappointed when he comes to the sinkhole?
5. What is Charlie thinking about just after the truck crash?
6. How did Charlie prepare to perform his demonstration?
7. What caused a major change in Alex?
8. What is a kata?
9. What obstacles stand in the way of Charlie's hopes for his future?
10. How did Charlie's demonstration get off to a bad start?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)