|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Beth act after Charlie broke the bricks?
2. Who introduced Charlie at his demonstration?
(a) The principal.
(b) His sensei.
(c) The history teacher.
(d) His football coach.
3. Why does Beth not want to be with Charlie's best friend?
(a) He was dating another girl.
(b) All of these.
(c) He was rude.
(d) He was too busy to date.
4. What is Hunter?
(a) A bear.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A program.
(d) A blood hound.
5. What words comfort Charlie at the beginning of the book?
(a) Carry on.
(b) What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
(c) Where there is a will, there is a way.
(d) Never give up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the towel next to Charlie at the beginning of the book soaked in?
2. What is the first thing Charlie hears when he gets through the black square?
3. What kind of animal does Charlie compare the man who wants to kill him to?
4. How many men follow Charlie where he hides from hunter?
5. What was Sensei Mike's former occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlie leave the homeless shelter so fast?
2. What does Charlie notice about Angeline's mother after she talks to her husband?
3. What does Rose tell Charlie about his parents?
4. Why does Rose say he dislikes Charlie?
5. What happens in the alley by the warehouse?
6. What is Charlie most worried about while hiding after escaping from Rose?
7. How does Charlie talk to Beth, and what does he say?
8. How does Charlie handle the conflict with Alex's friends outside the dojo?
9. What does Charlie realize when he looks at a newspaper?
10. What does Jane say is special about her door?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)