|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Charlie hears when he gets through the black square?
(a) An alarm.
(b) A running engine.
2. How do the men know where Charlie hides from Hunter?
(a) They know there is nowhere else to go.
(b) They hear him breathing.
(c) Hunter shows them.
(d) They follow the footprints.
3. How did Beth act after Charlie broke the bricks?
4. Why does Charlie get nervous about the presentation he is to give at school?
(a) He has never done it before.
(b) The girl he likes will be there.
(c) He forgot about it.
(d) His mother won't be there.
5. What are the men near the black square holding?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the chunky man undo Charlie's straps?
2. Who makes the first swing at Charlie?
3. What does Alex do as Charlie drives away from the almost fight?
4. What kind of car does Charlie's mother drive?
5. What kind of straps are around Charlie at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What warning does Alex give his friends about Charlie?
2. What unpleasant surprise did Charlie find after leaving the dojo on the last day he remembers?
3. How does Mike respond to the secret Charlie tells him?
4. How does Charlie get free from the chair he is strapped to?
5. What can't Charlie remember when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
6. How do the men in the strange room plan to kill Charlie?
7. What is the Churchill Card?
8. How does Charlie handle the conflict with Alex's friends outside the dojo?
9. What does Charlie hear men talking about near the sinkhole?
10. What does Charlie see when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)