|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charlie say Alex's judgments aren't clear?
(a) Because he hasn't been taught well.
(b) Because he can't see all sides.
(c) Because he is drunk.
(d) Because he is in pain.
2. What does the animal-like man plan to kill Charlie with?
(a) A needle of poison.
(b) A rope.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
3. What does Charlie feel a surge of as he goes through the black square?
4. Why was Charlie on a high during his classes after the demonstration?
(a) His sensei was proud of him.
(b) He heard from Alex.
(c) The demonstration went well.
(d) Beth accepted his request.
5. What does Alex say is the worst part of his life?
(a) He is surrounded by lies.
(b) He feels alone.
(c) He has no choice.
(d) He can't rely on anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlie get nervous about the presentation he is to give at school?
2. What does Alex say Charlie relies on for strength?
3. How does Alex describe Beth?
4. What does Charlie do as he drinks the water?
5. What causes the truck to roll?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charlie get free from the chair he is strapped to?
2. What did Charlie do at lunch time that was a first for him?
3. Why does Alex feel so alone, even while talking to Charlie?
4. What is Charlie thinking about just after the truck crash?
5. What happened at lunch to shock Rick?
6. Why does Charlie take the key from the ignition of the crashed truck?
7. What did Beth do the last time Charlie saw her?
8. What warning does Alex give his friends about Charlie?
9. What unpleasant surprise did Charlie find after leaving the dojo on the last day he remembers?
10. What warning does Alex give Charlie before he leaves the car?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)