|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had to quiet before Charlie could begin his demonstration?
(a) His insides.
(b) All of these.
(c) The audience.
(d) His mind.
2. Why was Charlie on a high during his classes after the demonstration?
(a) He heard from Alex.
(b) Beth accepted his request.
(c) The demonstration went well.
(d) His sensei was proud of him.
3. What is Charlie strapped to at the beginning of the book?
(a) A bed.
(b) A table.
(c) A chair.
(d) A board.
4. What does Charlie want to be when he grows up?
(a) A solider.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A spy.
5. What is the first thing Charlie hears when he gets through the black square?
(a) An alarm.
(b) A running engine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sat in the front during the demonstration?
2. What historical figures does Charlie get courage from at the beginning of the book?
3. What time does Charlie go to bed at the beginning of the book?
4. Who introduced Charlie at his demonstration?
5. What homework was Charlie doing at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unpleasant surprise did Charlie find after leaving the dojo on the last day he remembers?
2. What does Charlie see when he wakes up at the beginning of the book?
3. What did Charlie worry about at the end of his demonstration?
4. Why does Charlie get nervous about the demonstration he is to give at school?
5. How does Charlie handle the conflict with Alex's friends outside the dojo?
6. How does Charlie get free from the chair he is strapped to?
7. How did Charlie prepare to perform his demonstration?
8. Why does Charlie take the key from the ignition of the crashed truck?
9. What warning does Alex give his friends about Charlie?
10. How do the men in the strange room plan to kill Charlie?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)