|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bridge will Yarrow be going over in his travels?
(a) Hideaway Canyon Bridge.
(b) Idigo Reservoir Bridge.
(c) Indian Canyon Bridge.
(d) Hedgeworth Reservoir Bridge.
2. What is the name of the woman in the alley?
3. Who asks Charlie to turn himself in?
(a) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. What is Charlie strapped to in his jumpsuit?
(a) A board.
(b) A chair.
(c) A wall.
(d) A table.
5. What relieves Charlie when he wakes up in the cave?
(a) He is alone.
(b) The dog is gone.
(c) There is food near.
(d) Nothing is broken.
6. What does Rose do to ignore Charlie?
(a) Rolls down the window.
(b) Opens a news paper.
(c) Makes a phone call.
(d) Turns up the radio.
7. Who kills men on the bridge?
8. Where is the woman who Charlie saved in the alley hiding?
(a) Under a garage door.
(b) Another alley.
(c) A doorway.
(d) Behind a box.
9. Why doesn't Charlie want to call the police?
(a) There is so much he can't explain.
(b) They won't believe him.
(c) He doesn't know what happened to him.
(d) He thinks he is in trouble.
10. Why do the people who find Charlie in the cave fear him?
(a) He has a gun.
(b) He is in a prisoner's outfit.
(c) He is dirty.
(d) He is covered in blood.
11. What food does Charlie save for later after seeing his parents?
(a) A roll.
(b) A steak tip.
(c) A carrot.
(d) An apple.
12. Why does Charlie have to hide himself after getting off the bus?
(a) He can't be recognized.
(b) He doesn't have time to talk to anyone.
(c) The bad guys know him.
(d) He looks suspicious.
13. When does Rose say he first met Charlie?
(a) When he was arrested.
(b) When he was taken to the station.
(c) When he was on trial.
(d) When he needed a lawyer.
14. What does Charlie tell the person he calls when he gets off the bus?
(a) He needs help.
(b) He will probably die.
(c) He is innocent.
(d) He is doing the right thing.
15. What makes Charlie afraid he will get stuck in the cave?
(a) He faints.
(b) The flashlight stops working.
(c) It gets narrow.
(d) He gets hunger pains.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Charlie pay for his bus ticket?
2. What kind of impulses does the woman in the alley say she can avoid?
3. How is Yarrow planned to be killed?
4. What is the woman in distress wearing near the warehouse?
5. Who wakes up Charlie in the cave?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)