|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman in the alley promise to do for Charlie?
(a) Hide him.
(b) Pay him.
(c) Protect him.
(d) Love him.
2. Where does Charlie learn more about Yarrow's travel plans?
(a) A store.
(b) A hotel lobby.
(c) A diner.
(d) A cafeteria.
3. What surprises Charlie when he sees the group waiting to talk to him as Rose takes him away?
(a) He feels excited.
(b) He thinks he remembers this being a familiar scene.
(c) He sees a familiar face.
(d) He has never seen so many reporters.
4. What is the woman in distress wearing near the warehouse?
(a) A green sweater.
(b) A black jacket.
(c) A red hat.
(d) A blue dress.
5. Why doesn't Charlie run the flashlight while walking through it?
(a) He wants to preserve the battery.
(b) It is broken.
(c) It is too bright.
(d) He doesn't want anyone to see him.
6. Where does Charlie go after ditching the stolen car?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A homeless shelter.
(c) A store.
(d) A hotel.
7. Why doesn't Charlie want to call the police?
(a) He thinks he is in trouble.
(b) They won't believe him.
(c) He doesn't know what happened to him.
(d) There is so much he can't explain.
8. What does Charlie tell the person he calls when he gets off the bus?
(a) He needs help.
(b) He is innocent.
(c) He is doing the right thing.
(d) He will probably die.
9. Why is Charlie so surprised when he hears where he is when he gets out of the cave?
(a) He has never heard of it.
(b) It is on the other side of the state.
(c) It is near his home.
(d) His mother is from there.
10. What does Charlie do with the knife in the alley?
(a) Throws it away.
(b) Leaves it alone.
(c) Burries it.
(d) Puts it in his pack.
11. Where does Rose say Charlie will go before they get to the prison?
(a) Washington D.C.
12. Who is Charlie told to find as he is taken away by Rose?
13. Who does Charlie call when he gets off the bus?
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His mother.
14. What does Rose do to ignore Charlie?
(a) Makes a phone call.
(b) Turns up the radio.
(c) Rolls down the window.
(d) Opens a news paper.
15. How does Charlie describe the woman he saved in the alley?
(a) Smelly and large.
(b) Tall and gorgeous.
(c) Small and dirty.
(d) Strange and familiar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman in the alley?
2. What weapon is the woman in distress being threatened with near the warehouse?
3. What relieves Charlie when he wakes up in the cave?
4. Why does Charlie have to hide himself after getting off the bus?
5. Where is Charlie when he tries to call his mother?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)