|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Yarrow planned to be killed?
(a) By an explosion in his car.
(b) By poison gas in the car.
(c) By a sharpshooter on the mountain.
(d) By an explosion on the bridge.
2. What is the name of the woman in the alley?
3. How does Charlie respond when Rose explains how he was convicted?
(a) He cries.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He faints.
4. Why is Charlie so surprised when he hears where he is when he gets out of the cave?
(a) He has never heard of it.
(b) It is near his home.
(c) His mother is from there.
(d) It is on the other side of the state.
5. What does the woman in the alley promise to do for Charlie?
(a) Love him.
(b) Protect him.
(c) Hide him.
(d) Pay him.
6. How much time does Charlie have to wait when he gets to the bridge?
(a) 40 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
7. What bridge will Yarrow be going over in his travels?
(a) Hideaway Canyon Bridge.
(b) Indian Canyon Bridge.
(c) Hedgeworth Reservoir Bridge.
(d) Idigo Reservoir Bridge.
8. What kind of impulses does the woman in the alley say she can avoid?
(b) All of these.
(d) Mind control.
9. What does Charlie tell the person he calls when he gets off the bus?
(a) He will probably die.
(b) He is doing the right thing.
(c) He needs help.
(d) He is innocent.
10. Where does Charlie go after ditching the stolen car?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A homeless shelter.
(d) A store.
11. Who wakes up Charlie in the cave?
(a) A police woman.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A little boy.
(d) A little girl.
12. What clouds Charlie's ability to think before he begins his escape plan?
13. Where is Charlie from?
(a) Spring Town.
(b) Spring Dell.
(c) Spring Meadow.
(d) Spring Hill.
14. What does Charlie realize when he hears Yarrow's name?
(a) The men who captured him plan to kill Yarrow.
(b) Rose is in league with Yarrow.
(c) Yarrow is the man who captured him.
(d) Yarrow is the real bad guy.
15. Why does Charlie leave shortly after seeing his parents?
(a) He has eaten his fill.
(b) He is cold.
(c) He doesn't have much time.
(d) He has been recognized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Angeline's mother?
2. Who wants to talk to Charlie as Rose takes him away?
3. What is Charlie strapped to in his jumpsuit?
4. What food does Charlie save for later after seeing his parents?
5. What does Charlie do with the knife in the alley?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)