|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to talk to Charlie as Rose takes him away?
(a) His family.
2. Where does Charlie learn more about Yarrow's travel plans?
(a) A hotel lobby.
(b) A store.
(c) A diner.
(d) A cafeteria.
3. Why doesn't Charlie run the flashlight while walking through it?
(a) It is broken.
(b) It is too bright.
(c) He wants to preserve the battery.
(d) He doesn't want anyone to see him.
4. Where is Charlie from?
(a) Spring Hill.
(b) Spring Meadow.
(c) Spring Dell.
(d) Spring Town.
5. What relieves Charlie when he wakes up in the cave?
(a) The dog is gone.
(b) He is alone.
(c) Nothing is broken.
(d) There is food near.
6. Who does Charlie call when he gets off the bus?
(b) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
7. What is the woman in distress wearing near the warehouse?
(a) A red hat.
(b) A green sweater.
(c) A blue dress.
(d) A black jacket.
8. What color in the cave brings Charlie the most joy?
9. Why does Charlie go looking for the place he goes after ditching the stolen car?
(a) He sees another man heading to one.
(b) He knows Rose won't look for him there.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) His church helped one.
10. Where is Charlie when he tries to call his mother?
(a) A phone booth.
(b) A car.
(c) The post office.
(d) Angeline's house.
11. Where does Charlie see his parents after his second escape?
(a) On the street.
(b) The TV.
(c) A church.
(d) The homeless shelter.
12. Where is the jail?
(a) Cape Town.
13. What is the name of the woman in the alley?
14. What is Charlie's biggest advantage while in the car with Rose?
(c) A will to survive.
(d) A free arm.
15. What is Rose's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people who find Charlie in the cave fear him?
2. What kind of car does Angeline's mother drive?
3. What does the woman in the alley promise to do for Charlie?
4. Who asks Charlie to turn himself in?
5. What clouds Charlie's ability to think before he begins his escape plan?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)