|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Charlie run the flashlight while walking through it?
(a) It is too bright.
(b) It is broken.
(c) He doesn't want anyone to see him.
(d) He wants to preserve the battery.
2. What color jumpsuit is Charlie given?
3. What evidence was used against Charlie in the case of Alex's murder?
(c) All of these.
(d) Blood evidence.
4. Who does Angeline's mother remind Charlie of?
(b) His mother.
(c) His principal.
(d) Alex's mother.
5. What bridge will Yarrow be going over in his travels?
(a) Hedgeworth Reservoir Bridge.
(b) Indian Canyon Bridge.
(c) Idigo Reservoir Bridge.
(d) Hideaway Canyon Bridge.
6. Who is Angeline?
(a) The little girl who wakes up Charlie in the cave.
(b) The police woman who finds Charlie.
(c) An ancient philosopher.
(d) Charlie's mother.
7. Why can't Charlie get out of the cave the way he came?
(a) The opening is blocked.
(b) His ankle is swollen.
(c) The mud is frozen.
(d) He doesn't have a rope.
8. What does Charlie promise the person he calls when he gets off the bus?
(a) To be safe.
(b) To turn himself in when it is over.
(c) To come back.
(d) To stay hidden.
9. Where does Charlie learn more about Yarrow's travel plans?
(a) A store.
(b) A cafeteria.
(c) A hotel lobby.
(d) A diner.
10. How does Charlie help the woman in distress near the warehouse?
(a) He punches the man.
(b) He throws a rock.
(c) He uses karate.
(d) He shoots his gun.
11. Where does Charlie see his parents after his second escape?
(a) On the street.
(b) A church.
(c) The TV.
(d) The homeless shelter.
12. What does Charlie tell the person he calls when he gets off the bus?
(a) He needs help.
(b) He will probably die.
(c) He is doing the right thing.
(d) He is innocent.
13. Why doesn't Charlie want to call the police?
(a) He doesn't know what happened to him.
(b) He thinks he is in trouble.
(c) They won't believe him.
(d) There is so much he can't explain.
14. Where does Rose say Charlie will go before they get to the prison?
(b) Washington D.C.
15. What is the name of the woman in the alley?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the biggest shock to Charlie when he sees a newspaper?
2. How does Charlie feel as he tries to explain what happened to him to Angeline's mother?
3. What does Charlie think about before he begins his escape plan?
4. Why is the woman in the alley not afraid of Charlie?
5. How does Charlie describe the woman he saved in the alley?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)