|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alex think Charlie can't understand him?
(a) He is well liked.
(b) Nothing bad ever happens to him.
(c) Nothing is too hard for him.
(d) He has never had to move.
2. What is Charlie's last name?
3. What does Charlie ask Alex not to do when they are talking alone?
(d) Take a pill.
4. Where does Charlie go to hide from Hunter?
(a) The sinkhole.
(b) The road.
(c) The woods.
(d) Up a tree.
5. What kind of demonstration is Charlie giving at school?
6. How many concrete blocks were part of the demonstration?
7. Why does Charlie follow the water source?
(a) He can't cross it yet.
(b) He doesn't know what else to do.
(c) He want pure water.
(d) He hopes it will lead to a city.
8. What does Charlie feel a surge of as he goes through the black square?
9. What returns to Charlie as he drinks water?
10. What is Charlie running for at the end of the hallway as he escapes?
(a) A door.
(b) A black box.
(c) A vent.
(d) Another hallway.
11. What does the animal-like man plan to kill Charlie with?
(a) A rope.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A needle of poison.
12. What does Charlie do when he hears a voice in his head after the truck flips?
(b) Yells out.
(d) Fights to get Beth's face back.
13. What ethnicity are the men near the black square?
(a) Middle Eastern.
14. What did Charlie NOT think about while doing his demonstration?
(a) His sensei.
(b) The upcoming test.
(c) His moves.
(d) The audience.
15. Why was Charlie on a high during his classes after the demonstration?
(a) Beth accepted his request.
(b) The demonstration went well.
(c) He heard from Alex.
(d) His sensei was proud of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Josh's screen name?
2. How does Alex describe Beth?
3. What words comfort Charlie at the beginning of the book?
4. Why is Alex so frustrated at Charlie?
5. What kind of car does Charlie's mother drive?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)