|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnicity are the men near the black square?
(b) Middle Eastern.
2. What homework was Charlie doing at the beginning of the book?
3. What advice does Mike always give Charlie?
(a) To turn the other cheek.
(b) To take what comes.
(c) To stand for what's right.
(d) To pray always.
4. Where does Charlie get water after running from the flipped truck?
(a) A canteen.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) A fountain.
(d) A river.
5. Who gave Charlie the card he always has with him?
(a) Sensei Mike.
(c) His mother.
6. What is Charlie's last name?
7. Why doesn't Charlie call out to the voices he hears at the beginning of the book?
(a) He recognizes them.
(b) All of these.
(c) He has no voice.
(d) He knows they locked him up.
8. Who makes the first swing at Charlie?
(c) Crew Cut.
9. What is Josh's last name?
10. What was Charlie heading for when the truck flipped?
(a) Some city lights.
(b) A forest.
(c) The river.
(d) A high way.
11. How many concrete blocks were part of the demonstration?
12. What does the voice tell Charlie after the truck flips?
(a) Come back to me.
(b) This is not the end.
(c) You have done well.
(d) Never give in.
13. What does Alex tell his friends about Charlie?
(a) He is a momma's boy.
(b) He is a black belt.
(c) He is dating Beth.
(d) He is his best friend.
14. What does Alex do as Charlie drives away from the almost fight?
(a) He flips him off.
(b) He gets in his own car.
(c) He gets in the car.
(d) He throws a bottle at the car.
15. What does the animal-like man plan to kill Charlie with?
(a) A rope.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A needle of poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sensei Mike from?
2. Why is Alex so frustrated at Charlie?
3. Where does Charlie hurt the chunky man?
4. What causes the truck to roll?
5. Whose voice does Charlie hear after the truck flips?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)