|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie strapped to at the beginning of the book?
(a) A chair.
(b) A board.
(c) A table.
(d) A bed.
2. What startles Charlie as he goes through the black square?
(a) The gun shots.
(b) The darkness.
(c) The pain.
(d) The sunlight.
3. How do the men know where Charlie hides from Hunter?
(a) They follow the footprints.
(b) Hunter shows them.
(c) They know there is nowhere else to go.
(d) They hear him breathing.
4. Who beat Charlie in a spar on his last day of normalcy?
5. What are the men near the black square holding?
6. What homework was Charlie doing at the beginning of the book?
7. Who is Charlie thinking about after the truck flips?
8. What historical figures does Charlie get courage from at the beginning of the book?
(a) Muhammad Ali.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Mahtma Gandhi.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
9. What does the animal-like man plan to kill Charlie with?
(a) A needle of poison.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A rope.
10. What level does Charlie have in karate?
(a) Red Belt.
(b) Orange Belt.
(c) Black Belt.
(d) Black Belt.
11. What did Charlie's sensei say was distracting Charlie on his last day of normalcy?
(a) The phone number.
(b) His success.
(c) Fear of his mother.
12. What is Hunter?
(a) A bear.
(b) A blood hound.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A program.
13. Why does Charlie say Alex's judgments aren't clear?
(a) Because he is in pain.
(b) Because he can't see all sides.
(c) Because he is drunk.
(d) Because he hasn't been taught well.
14. Why doesn't Charlie call out to the voices he hears at the beginning of the book?
(a) He recognizes them.
(b) All of these.
(c) He knows they locked him up.
(d) He has no voice.
15. How did Charlie visit his best friend after he moved?
(a) He walked.
(b) He rode his bike.
(c) He took the bus.
(d) He borrowed his mother's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie's last name?
2. Who gave Charlie the card he always has with him?
3. What does Charlie want to be when he grows up?
4. How many men follow Charlie where he hides from hunter?
5. How many concrete blocks were part of the demonstration?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)