|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alex think Charlie can't understand him?
(a) Nothing is too hard for him.
(b) Nothing bad ever happens to him.
(c) He has never had to move.
(d) He is well liked.
2. Why does Beth not want to be with Charlie's best friend?
(a) All of these.
(b) He was dating another girl.
(c) He was too busy to date.
(d) He was rude.
3. What does Charlie want to be when he grows up?
(a) A solider.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A spy.
4. How does Charlie get possession of a truck?
(a) He finds it in a garage.
(b) He finds it empty and running.
(c) He kicks the driver out.
(d) He kills the driver.
5. Why does Alex stop the fight brewing between his friends and Charlie?
(a) He doesn't want to get in trouble.
(b) He knows Charlie can really hurt them.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He knows Charlie will get hurt.
6. What is the first thing Charlie hears when he gets through the black square?
(b) An alarm.
(c) A running engine.
7. What is Charlie running for at the end of the hallway as he escapes?
(a) A vent.
(b) Another hallway.
(c) A black box.
(d) A door.
8. What ethnicity are the men near the black square?
(c) Middle Eastern.
9. What is the name of Charlie's best friend?
10. How did Charlie visit his best friend after he moved?
(a) He borrowed his mother's car.
(b) He took the bus.
(c) He walked.
(d) He rode his bike.
11. What does Alex say is the worst part of his life?
(a) He is surrounded by lies.
(b) He feels alone.
(c) He has no choice.
(d) He can't rely on anything.
12. What does the voice tell Charlie after the truck flips?
(a) This is not the end.
(b) You have done well.
(c) Never give in.
(d) Come back to me.
13. What words comfort Charlie at the beginning of the book?
(a) What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
(b) Carry on.
(c) Never give up.
(d) Where there is a will, there is a way.
14. What is written on Charlie's hand at the beginning of the book?
(a) An address.
(b) A telephone number.
(c) A book title.
(d) A test answer.
15. Who initiates the conversation between Alex's friends and Charlie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of card does Charlie always carry with him?
2. What does Charlie fall to the bottom of after hiding from Hunter?
3. Why is Alex so frustrated at Charlie?
4. Who beat Charlie in a spar on his last day of normalcy?
5. What is Josh's screen name?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)