|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie ask Alex not to do when they are talking alone?
(b) Take a pill.
2. What ethnicity are the men near the black square?
(c) Middle Eastern.
3. What pose did Charlie hold before breaking the bricks?
(a) The crane.
(b) The mantis.
(c) The bear.
(d) The tiger.
4. What was Sensei Mike's former occupation?
5. What does Charlie do when he hears a voice in his head after the truck flips?
(a) Fights to get Beth's face back.
(d) Yells out.
6. What is the towel next to Charlie at the beginning of the book soaked in?
7. How does Charlie describe his feelings after the demonstration?
(a) The beginning of the end.
(b) The coolest day of his life.
(c) The high point of his day.
(d) The start of his popularity.
8. What words comfort Charlie at the beginning of the book?
(a) Never give up.
(b) Where there is a will, there is a way.
(c) Carry on.
(d) What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
9. Why doesn't Charlie call out to the voices he hears at the beginning of the book?
(a) He knows they locked him up.
(b) He has no voice.
(c) He recognizes them.
(d) All of these.
10. Who initiates the conversation between Alex's friends and Charlie?
11. What kind of straps are around Charlie at the beginning of the book?
12. What is Charlie's last name?
13. What is Hunter?
(a) A blood hound.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A bear.
(d) A program.
14. Why does Beth not want to be with Charlie's best friend?
(a) He was rude.
(b) He was too busy to date.
(c) All of these.
(d) He was dating another girl.
15. Why is Alex so frustrated at Charlie?
(a) He has a better life.
(b) He is good at karate.
(c) He doesn't call anymore.
(d) He is interested in Beth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Charlie heading for when the truck flipped?
2. What does Alex do as Charlie drives away from the almost fight?
3. What is Charlie covered in as he hides from Hunter?
4. What does Alex tell his friends about Charlie?
5. What does Alex say Charlie relies on for strength?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)