|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie ask Alex not to do when they are talking alone?
(d) Take a pill.
2. Why does Alex think Charlie can't understand him?
(a) He has never had to move.
(b) Nothing is too hard for him.
(c) Nothing bad ever happens to him.
(d) He is well liked.
3. How many concrete blocks were part of the demonstration?
4. Who is Charlie thinking about after the truck flips?
5. Who initiates the conversation between Alex's friends and Charlie?
6. What historical figures does Charlie get courage from at the beginning of the book?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Mahtma Gandhi.
(d) Muhammad Ali.
7. Why does Charlie get nervous about the presentation he is to give at school?
(a) The girl he likes will be there.
(b) He forgot about it.
(c) He has never done it before.
(d) His mother won't be there.
8. What homework was Charlie doing at the beginning of the book?
9. What kind of demonstration is Charlie giving at school?
10. How did Beth act after Charlie broke the bricks?
11. What does Charlie think about as he is running down the hall?
(a) His math test.
(b) His mother.
(c) His demonstration.
(d) His girlfriend.
12. What kind of straps are around Charlie at the beginning of the book?
13. Who sat in the front during the demonstration?
(d) His mother.
14. How does Charlie describe his feelings after the demonstration?
(a) The high point of his day.
(b) The start of his popularity.
(c) The beginning of the end.
(d) The coolest day of his life.
15. How does Charlie say he felt on his last day of normalcy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlie take the keys out of the truck?
2. What does the voice tell Charlie after the truck flips?
3. Why is Charlie so weak as he runs away from the truck?
4. What are the men near the black square holding?
5. What is the first thing Charlie hears when he gets through the black square?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)