|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words comfort Charlie at the beginning of the book?
(a) Where there is a will, there is a way.
(b) What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
(c) Never give up.
(d) Carry on.
2. Who gave Charlie the card he always has with him?
(b) His mother.
(d) Sensei Mike.
3. What causes the truck to roll?
(a) A rock.
(b) An explosion.
(c) A flat tire.
(d) A gunshot.
4. What is Josh's last name?
5. Why did Charlie's best friend have to move?
(a) His family lost their house.
(b) His father got a new job.
(c) His parents divorced.
(d) His mother died.
6. What is Charlie strapped to at the beginning of the book?
(a) A table.
(b) A board.
(c) A bed.
(d) A chair.
7. How do the men know where Charlie hides from Hunter?
(a) They follow the footprints.
(b) They hear him breathing.
(c) They know there is nowhere else to go.
(d) Hunter shows them.
8. How does Charlie hurt the animal like man?
(a) All of these.
(b) He steps on his foot.
(c) He punches him in the throat.
(d) He kicks him in the groin.
9. What kind of animal does Charlie compare the man who wants to kill him to?
(a) A snake.
(b) A cat.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A rat.
10. What did Charlie's sensei say was distracting Charlie on his last day of normalcy?
(a) Fear of his mother.
(b) The phone number.
(d) His success.
11. Why is Charlie so weak as he runs away from the truck?
(a) He is dehydrated.
(b) He has been tortured.
(c) All of these.
(d) He just got in a car accident.
12. What pose did Charlie hold before breaking the bricks?
(a) The bear.
(b) The tiger.
(c) The crane.
(d) The mantis.
13. How does Charlie get possession of a truck?
(a) He finds it in a garage.
(b) He kicks the driver out.
(c) He kills the driver.
(d) He finds it empty and running.
14. Who introduced Charlie at his demonstration?
(a) The history teacher.
(b) His football coach.
(c) His sensei.
(d) The principal.
15. Where does Charlie get water after running from the flipped truck?
(a) A canteen.
(b) A river.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) A fountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beth act after Charlie broke the bricks?
2. How did Beth act when Charlie was about to hit the bricks?
3. What returns to Charlie as he drinks water?
4. How many men follow Charlie where he hides from hunter?
5. What kind of card does Charlie always carry with him?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)