|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blaze slip into Ronnie's bag before leaving in Chapter 10?
2. Ronnie calls Steve to pick her up where in Chapter 11?
3. What does Ronnie tell her father she never wants to see or hear again in Chapter 10?
4. Who does Ronnie meet that seems somewhat frightening in his intensity and his sudden interest in her in Chapter 3?
5. When Marcus hits on Ronnie in Chapter 3, she brushes him off and goes to join whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What argument takes place between Ronnie and Kim in Chapter 33? What does Ronnie discover?
2. What lesson in trust does Ronnie learn in Chapter 14?
3. Discuss the character arc of Ronnie in the novel. How does Ronnie's character evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end?
4. What does Will come to appreciate about Ronnie in Chapter 20?
5. What inconsistencies can be seen in Ronnie's feelings about her father between the Prologue and Chapter 1? What does this foreshadow?
6. What plan does Marcus develop in Chapter 27? What is his objective?
7. What happens when a police officer comes to take Ronnie home in Chapter 6?
8. What is revealed about Blaze and her parents in Chapter 8? How does this relate to Ronnie's situation?
9. What deal do Ronnie and Will make in Chapter 23? Why?
10. Where is Ronnie in the Epilogue? What does Will reveal to her on the phone?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Will's family history. How does the wealth of Will's family differ from that of the other characters? How is Will's house described in the narrative? How does Ronnie interact with each of Will's parents? What causes her intimidation?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of trust in the novel. How does Ronnie's distrust give way to trust, and what does this mean regarding her character arc? What moral lesson in trust does Ronnie learn through the character of Ashley? How does Will serve to develop Ronnie's trust?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the plot structure of the novel, identifying and discussing the exposition, rising action, climax and denouement. Where does the novel return to in Chapter 37? What is the effect of this return to the beginning on the reader? What peace does Steve make before dying?
This section contains 1,745 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)