|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before she leaves in Chapter 10, Ronnie hears her father playing some music she once played where?
2. What kind of shirt does Ronnie buy to cover her stained one in Chapter 3?
3. What happens when Ronnie exits the store after her friend in Chapter 10?
4. Marcus invites Ronnie where before leaving in Chapter 8?
5. What does Blaze slip into Ronnie's bag before leaving in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ronnie do after leaving the volleyball game in Chapter 3? Who does she meet?
2. How is the relationship between Blaze and Marcus defined in the novel? What is unhealthy about it?
3. What happens when a police officer comes to take Ronnie home in Chapter 6?
4. Where does Ronnie wish she were spending the summer in Chapter 1? What limitations prevent her from doing so?
5. What does Steve do as he awaits the arrival of his children in Chapter 2? How does he feel about seeing them?
6. What inconsistencies can be seen in Ronnie's feelings about her father between the Prologue and Chapter 1? What does this foreshadow?
7. How does the relationship between Will and Ronnie progress in Chapter 13? Where does he take her on their day together?
8. How does Steve feel about his daughter? What efforts does he make in order to ensure her happiness in the novel?
9. What lesson in trust does Ronnie learn in Chapter 14?
10. Where does Ronnie go in Chapter 3? What happens as she watches a volleyball game there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the relationship between Marcus and Blaze in "The Last Song". How did Blaze and Marcus meet? In what ways does Marcus appear to use Blaze? What is foreshadowed by Marcus' obvious interest in Ronnie?
Essay Topic 2
Identify and analyze the elements of religious allusion in the novel. What is the significance of Pastor Harris' church? How does Ronnie feel about Christianity and God? What amends does Steve hope to attain with God? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the developing relationship between Ronnie and Will in the narrative. How compatible are Ronnie and Will as a couple? What similarities do they share in temperament and in interests? How do they differ?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)