Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ronnie learns that who is Will's ex-girlfriend in Chapter 14?
2. Kim once told a marriage counselor that it was what that left Steve unable to share his feelings?
3. What is the name of Will's ex-girlfriend in the novel?
4. Who does Ronnie meet that seems somewhat frightening in his intensity and his sudden interest in her in Chapter 3?
5. In the Prologue, Ronnie thinks of when it all began and shows her mother a news article about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fight breaks out in Chapter 5? Who begins it and who ends it?
2. What does Steve do with Jonah before Ronnie calls in Chapter 11? What is his response to her arrest?
3. What are the first days alone at her father's like in Chapter 35?
4. How does Ronnie feel upon departing the wedding in Chapter 26? What actions does she take?
5. What does Will come to appreciate about Ronnie in Chapter 20?
6. What does Ronnie do after leaving the volleyball game in Chapter 3? Who does she meet?
7. What does Will reveal about the fire at Pastor Harris' church in Chapter 32? What is Ronnie's response?
8. What causes the tension between Will and Ronnie in Chapter 29? What helps to ease the tension?
9. How does Steve feel about his daughter? What efforts does he make in order to ensure her happiness in the novel?
10. Why does Ronnie refuse Will's offer to stay in Chapter 32? What do they discover Jonah doing?
Discuss the symbolism of Steve's window and the theme of forgiveness in the narrative. Why does Steve encourage Ronnie to forgive Will? What does the window represent metaphorically? How does the symbolism of the window tie into the theme of forgiveness in "The Last Song"?
Describe and analyze the plot structure of the novel, identifying and discussing the exposition, rising action, climax and denouement. Where does the novel return to in Chapter 37? What is the effect of this return to the beginning on the reader? What peace does Steve make before dying?
Define and identify conflict in narrative literature and the novel. What is internal conflict and how does it differ from external conflict? What does Ronnie struggle with internally in the novel? How does this conflict drive her actions in Chapter 5?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)