|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kim once told a marriage counselor that it was what that left Steve unable to share his feelings?
2. Steve has gone out of his way to alter meals to accommodate what dietary conditions of Ronnie in the novel?
3. What does Steve do as he waits up for Ronnie in Chapter 9?
4. Who cannot stop thinking about Ronnie in Chapter 7?
5. Ronnie breaks up a fight at the snack bar when she notices what in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when a police officer comes to take Ronnie home in Chapter 6?
2. What conversation do Ronnie and Blaze have in Chapter 12? How does Ronnie feel about it?
3. Where does Ronnie go in Chapter 3? What happens as she watches a volleyball game there?
4. Where does Ronnie have an encounter with Blaze in Chapter 10? What happens as a result?
5. What is Ronnie's reaction to her father's lack of punishment for her arrest in Chapter 11? Why?
6. What inconsistencies can be seen in Ronnie's feelings about her father between the Prologue and Chapter 1? What does this foreshadow?
7. What is revealed about Blaze and her parents in Chapter 8? How does this relate to Ronnie's situation?
8. What argument do Will and Scott get into in the beginning of Chapter 5? Why?
9. Where does Ronnie wake up in Chapter 12? Who approaches her?
10. Where is Ronnie going to stay with her father in Chapter 1? How is Ronnie's relationship with her father described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the internal and external conflicts in Chapter 26. Why does Marcus cause a fight at the wedding? What is the outcome? Why does Ronnie choose to end her relationship with Will in the chapter?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the impact of Steve's cancer on his family. Why did Steve choose to hide his illness? What are Ronnie's and Jonah's reactions upon hearing their father is dying? What kind of cancer does Steve have? Where has the cancer spread? Why are there no treatment options to help Steve?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of Steve's window and the theme of forgiveness in the narrative. Why does Steve encourage Ronnie to forgive Will? What does the window represent metaphorically? How does the symbolism of the window tie into the theme of forgiveness in "The Last Song"?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)