|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, at the party, Marcus makes a point of making it appear that Ronnie is what?
2. What does Steve do as he waits up for Ronnie in Chapter 9?
3. Kim once told a marriage counselor that it was what that left Steve unable to share his feelings?
4. Who does Ronnie go looking for the next morning after the party in Chapter 10?
5. How old is Ronnie in the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will do after leaving the hospital in Chapter 28? What confrontations does he have?
2. Where is Ronnie going to stay with her father in Chapter 1? How is Ronnie's relationship with her father described?
3. What does Ronnie discuss with her father at the hospital in Chapter 33?
4. How does Steve feel about his daughter? What efforts does he make in order to ensure her happiness in the novel?
5. Where does Ronnie have an encounter with Blaze in Chapter 10? What happens as a result?
6. What plan does Marcus develop in Chapter 27? What is his objective?
7. What is revealed about Blaze and her parents in Chapter 8? How does this relate to Ronnie's situation?
8. What concerns Will in the beginning of Chapter 23? What does he spend his time with Ronnie doing?
9. What argument do Will and Scott get into in the beginning of Chapter 5? Why?
10. Why is Scott pressuring Will in Chapter 18? Why does Will succumb to this pressure?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Will's character development in the novel. What does the reader learn about Will's friendship and obligation to Scott in Chapter 20? What does Ronnie, and by extension, the reader, learn in this chapter which illuminates the rationale behind Will's actions? What does Will think of Ronnie in comparison with his ex-girlfriend?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Ronnie. How old is Ronnie as the novel begins? Where is she going, and how does she feel about her father? What is Ronnie's history in New York, and what legal problems does she have there?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the developing relationship between Ronnie and Will in the narrative. How compatible are Ronnie and Will as a couple? What similarities do they share in temperament and in interests? How do they differ?
This section contains 1,748 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)