|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marcus invites Ronnie where before leaving in Chapter 8?
2. Steve shows Ronnie what on the beach in Chapter 11?
3. Will takes Ronnie to the aquarium to see what in Chapter 13?
4. What does Ronnie see Marcus playing with on the beach in Chapter 14?
5. Kim once told a marriage counselor that it was what that left Steve unable to share his feelings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ronnie go in Chapter 3? What happens as she watches a volleyball game there?
2. What is revealed about Blaze and her parents in Chapter 8? How does this relate to Ronnie's situation?
3. What conversation do Ronnie and Blaze have in Chapter 12? How does Ronnie feel about it?
4. What fight breaks out in Chapter 5? Who begins it and who ends it?
5. Where does Ronnie have an encounter with Blaze in Chapter 10? What happens as a result?
6. How is the relationship between Blaze and Marcus defined in the novel? What is unhealthy about it?
7. What happens at the party Ronnie attends in Chapter 10? What worries her about the events?
8. What does Steve do with Jonah before Ronnie calls in Chapter 11? What is his response to her arrest?
9. Where does Ronnie wish she were spending the summer in Chapter 1? What limitations prevent her from doing so?
10. Where does Ronnie wake up in Chapter 12? Who approaches her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Will's family history. How does the wealth of Will's family differ from that of the other characters? How is Will's house described in the narrative? How does Ronnie interact with each of Will's parents? What causes her intimidation?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Ronnie's history as a piano prodigy. How is music something shared by Ronnie and her father? What does music represent to Ronnie? How is it symbolic that Ronnie is set up for stealing music from the music store?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of trust in the novel. How does Ronnie's distrust give way to trust, and what does this mean regarding her character arc? What moral lesson in trust does Ronnie learn through the character of Ashley? How does Will serve to develop Ronnie's trust?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)