|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ronnie's mother's name?
2. In Chapter 10, at the party, Marcus makes a point of making it appear that Ronnie is what?
3. Who cannot stop thinking about Ronnie in Chapter 7?
4. Will approaches Ronnie on the beach in Chapter 12, and says he is there to do what?
5. Who does Steve spend the day with in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steve do with Jonah before Ronnie calls in Chapter 11? What is his response to her arrest?
2. What happens at the party Ronnie attends in Chapter 10? What worries her about the events?
3. Where does Ronnie go in Chapter 3? What happens as she watches a volleyball game there?
4. What does Steve contemplate as he waits for Ronnie in Chapter 9?
5. What is Ronnie's reaction to her father's lack of punishment for her arrest in Chapter 11? Why?
6. What fight breaks out in Chapter 5? Who begins it and who ends it?
7. What actions does Marcus take when Blaze and Ronnie are eating at a diner in Chapter 8?
8. How does the relationship between Will and Ronnie progress in Chapter 13? Where does he take her on their day together?
9. How is the relationship between Blaze and Marcus defined in the novel? What is unhealthy about it?
10. What confrontation does Ronnie have with Will in Chapter 13? What is Will's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of trust in the novel. How does Ronnie's distrust give way to trust, and what does this mean regarding her character arc? What moral lesson in trust does Ronnie learn through the character of Ashley? How does Will serve to develop Ronnie's trust?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Will's character development in the novel. What does the reader learn about Will's friendship and obligation to Scott in Chapter 20? What does Ronnie, and by extension, the reader, learn in this chapter which illuminates the rationale behind Will's actions? What does Will think of Ronnie in comparison with his ex-girlfriend?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the character of Ronnie. How old is Ronnie as the novel begins? Where is she going, and how does she feel about her father? What is Ronnie's history in New York, and what legal problems does she have there?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)