Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ronnie learns that who is Will's ex-girlfriend in Chapter 14?
2. Kim once told a marriage counselor that it was what that left Steve unable to share his feelings?
3. What is the name of Will's ex-girlfriend in the novel?
4. Who does Ronnie meet that seems somewhat frightening in his intensity and his sudden interest in her in Chapter 3?
5. In the Prologue, Ronnie thinks of when it all began and shows her mother a news article about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fight breaks out in Chapter 5? Who begins it and who ends it?
2. What does Steve do with Jonah before Ronnie calls in Chapter 11? What is his response to her arrest?
3. What are the first days alone at her father's like in Chapter 35?
4. How does Ronnie feel upon departing the wedding in Chapter 26? What actions does she take?
5. What does Will come to appreciate about Ronnie in Chapter 20?
6. What does Ronnie do after leaving the volleyball game in Chapter 3? Who does she meet?
7. What does Will reveal about the fire at Pastor Harris' church in Chapter 32? What is Ronnie's response?
8. What causes the tension between Will and Ronnie in Chapter 29? What helps to ease the tension?
9. How does Steve feel about his daughter? What efforts does he make in order to ensure her happiness in the novel?
10. Why does Ronnie refuse Will's offer to stay in Chapter 32? What do they discover Jonah doing?
Discuss the theme of trust in the novel. How does Ronnie's distrust give way to trust, and what does this mean regarding her character arc? What moral lesson in trust does Ronnie learn through the character of Ashley? How does Will serve to develop Ronnie's trust?
Describe and analyze the developing relationship between Ronnie and Will in the narrative. How compatible are Ronnie and Will as a couple? What similarities do they share in temperament and in interests? How do they differ?
Describe and discuss the internal and external conflicts in Chapter 26. Why does Marcus cause a fight at the wedding? What is the outcome? Why does Ronnie choose to end her relationship with Will in the chapter?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)