|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Will approaches Ronnie on the beach in Chapter 12, and says he is there working as a volunteer for what?
(a) The aquarium.
(b) The police.
(c) The fire department.
(d) The university.
2. Who does Ronnie meet that seems somewhat frightening in his intensity and his sudden interest in her in Chapter 3?
3. What gets spilled on Ronnie's shirt in Chapter 3?
(a) A milkshake.
(b) A beer.
(c) A wine-cooler.
(d) A Coke.
4. What does Ronnie tell her father she never wants to see or hear again in Chapter 10?
(a) A cello.
(b) A paintbrush.
(c) A violin.
(d) A piano.
5. Marcus and his friends steal all of whose food in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ronnie in the beginning of the story?
2. What in literature refers to the author's providing of some background information to the audience about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
3. Who cannot stop thinking about Ronnie in Chapter 7?
4. Where does Marcus suggest he and Ronnie run away to in Chapter 4?
5. Will approaches Ronnie on the beach in Chapter 12, and says he is there to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will perform in the volleyball tournament in Chapter 28? What distraction takes Will out of the game?
2. Where is Ronnie going to stay with her father in Chapter 1? How is Ronnie's relationship with her father described?
3. What does Will do in order to help Blaze in Chapter 28?
4. What are the first days alone at her father's like in Chapter 35?
5. How does Ronnie feel upon departing the wedding in Chapter 26? What actions does she take?
6. What does Ronnie discuss with her father at the hospital in Chapter 33?
7. What does Ronnie do after leaving the volleyball game in Chapter 3? Who does she meet?
8. Who does Ronnie encounter and thank at her father's funeral in Chapter 37? Why?
9. What happens when a police officer comes to take Ronnie home in Chapter 6?
10. What is Ronnie's reaction to her father's lack of punishment for her arrest in Chapter 11? Why?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)