|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sports game does Ronnie watch while at the beach in Chapter 3?
(a) Yacht race.
2. What happens when Ronnie exits the store after her friend in Chapter 10?
(a) Will runs up.
(b) The alarms go off.
(c) A bomb goes off.
(d) She trips on the sidewalk.
3. Steve's friend who is also what insists on going to get Ronnie in Chapter 5?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A psychiatrist.
4. What is the name of Will's ex-girlfriend in the novel?
5. Where does Ronnie insist on sleeping in Chapter 11?
(a) In her room.
(b) On the beach.
(c) On the couch.
(d) In her brother's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ronnie's mother's name?
2. In what month is Ronnie's birthday?
3. Ronnie breaks up a fight at the snack bar when she notices what in Chapter 5?
4. What is taking place at the beach when Ronnie arrives in Chapter 3?
5. The morning after Ronnie is brought home by Steve's friend in Chapter 6, Ronnie is surprised that her father doesn't what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the party Ronnie attends in Chapter 10? What worries her about the events?
2. What inconsistencies can be seen in Ronnie's feelings about her father between the Prologue and Chapter 1? What does this foreshadow?
3. What does Ronnie do after leaving the volleyball game in Chapter 3? Who does she meet?
4. What confrontation does Ronnie have with Will in Chapter 13? What is Will's response?
5. What actions does Marcus take when Blaze and Ronnie are eating at a diner in Chapter 8?
6. What attracts Ronnie to Blaze in the novel? What does this reveal about Ronnie's character?
7. What is revealed about Blaze and her parents in Chapter 8? How does this relate to Ronnie's situation?
8. How does the relationship between Will and Ronnie progress in Chapter 13? Where does he take her on their day together?
9. What foreshadowing is revealed in the Prologue? How is the end of the novel set up from this first opening?
10. What fight breaks out in Chapter 5? Who begins it and who ends it?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)