|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marcus hits on Ronnie in Chapter 3, she brushes him off and goes to join whom?
2. Ronnie has had some legal problems in her hometown because of what in Chapter 1?
(a) Drug charges.
(b) Underage drinking.
(c) Armed robbery.
3. Ronnie learns that who is Will's ex-girlfriend in Chapter 14?
4. Before she leaves in Chapter 10, Ronnie hears her father playing some music she once played where?
(a) Carnegie Hall.
(c) Anderson Hall.
5. How old is Ronnie in the beginning of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a broad idea, message, or moral of a story in literature?
2. Who does Ronnie go looking for the next morning after the party in Chapter 10?
3. What does Blaze slip into Ronnie's bag before leaving in Chapter 10?
4. In what month is Ronnie's birthday?
5. In Chapter 14, Ronnie goes to watch Will play in what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What main characters are established in the Prologue? What is the protagonist preparing to do?
2. How are Marcus' feelings for Ronnie described in Chapter 4? What actions does he take in the chapter?
3. What inconsistencies can be seen in Ronnie's feelings about her father between the Prologue and Chapter 1? What does this foreshadow?
4. Where does Ronnie wake up in Chapter 12? Who approaches her?
5. What fight breaks out in Chapter 5? Who begins it and who ends it?
6. Where is Ronnie going to stay with her father in Chapter 1? How is Ronnie's relationship with her father described?
7. How is the relationship between Blaze and Marcus defined in the novel? What is unhealthy about it?
8. What does Steve do as he awaits the arrival of his children in Chapter 2? How does he feel about seeing them?
9. What is Ronnie's reaction to her father's lack of punishment for her arrest in Chapter 11? Why?
10. How does Steve feel about his daughter? What efforts does he make in order to ensure her happiness in the novel?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)