|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Ronnie exits the store after her friend in Chapter 10?
(a) The alarms go off.
(b) She trips on the sidewalk.
(c) Will runs up.
(d) A bomb goes off.
2. Steve thinks of whose death in Chapter 9?
(a) His wife's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) His sister's.
3. What gets spilled on Ronnie's shirt in Chapter 3?
(a) A milkshake.
(b) A Coke.
(c) A beer.
(d) A wine-cooler.
4. What refers to a broad idea, message, or moral of a story in literature?
5. How old is Ronnie in the beginning of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ronnie breaks up a fight at the snack bar when she notices what in Chapter 5?
2. What in literature refers to the author's providing of some background information to the audience about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
3. Ronnie tells Blaze about what problems in Chapter 8?
4. Ronnie was something of a child prodigy at what when she was younger?
5. When confronted by Ronnie in Chapter 12, Blaze tells her she won't help her for fear of whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Ronnie's impressions of Will's family in Chapter 19?
2. Where does Ronnie have an encounter with Blaze in Chapter 10? What happens as a result?
3. What foreshadowing is revealed in the Prologue? How is the end of the novel set up from this first opening?
4. What attracts Ronnie to Blaze in the novel? What does this reveal about Ronnie's character?
5. Where does Ronnie go in Chapter 3? What happens as she watches a volleyball game there?
6. Where does Ronnie wake up in Chapter 12? Who approaches her?
7. What conversation do Ronnie and Blaze have in Chapter 12? How does Ronnie feel about it?
8. How does Steve feel about his daughter? What efforts does he make in order to ensure her happiness in the novel?
9. How is the relationship between Blaze and Marcus defined in the novel? What is unhealthy about it?
10. Where is Ronnie going to stay with her father in Chapter 1? How is Ronnie's relationship with her father described?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)