|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ronnie accuse Will of not doing when she confronts him in Chapter 13?
(a) Protecting the turtle eggs.
(b) Telling the truth.
(c) Calling for the police.
(d) Calling her.
2. What is taking place at the beach when Ronnie arrives in Chapter 3?
(a) A rock concert.
(b) A carnival.
(c) A protest.
(d) A swimsuit contest.
3. Steve thinks of whose death in Chapter 9?
(a) His father's.
(b) His sister's.
(c) His wife's.
(d) His mother's.
4. Ronnie tells Blaze about what problems in Chapter 8?
(a) Her mental problems.
(b) Her grades.
(c) Her legal problems.
(d) Her parents.
5. What sports game does Ronnie watch while at the beach in Chapter 3?
(c) Yacht race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose funeral is Ronnie preparing to attend in the Prologue?
2. What is the name of the girl who runs into Ronnie on the beach in Chapter 3?
3. Where does Will work in the novel?
4. Marcus and his friends steal all of whose food in Chapter 8?
5. Who cannot stop thinking about Ronnie in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the party Ronnie attends in Chapter 10? What worries her about the events?
2. What does Ronnie do after leaving the volleyball game in Chapter 3? Who does she meet?
3. What does Steve contemplate as he waits for Ronnie in Chapter 9?
4. What lesson in trust does Ronnie learn in Chapter 14?
5. What conversation do Ronnie and Blaze have in Chapter 12? How does Ronnie feel about it?
6. What does Steve do with Jonah before Ronnie calls in Chapter 11? What is his response to her arrest?
7. What actions does Marcus take when Blaze and Ronnie are eating at a diner in Chapter 8?
8. How does the relationship between Will and Ronnie progress in Chapter 13? Where does he take her on their day together?
9. What main characters are established in the Prologue? What is the protagonist preparing to do?
10. How is the relationship between Blaze and Marcus defined in the novel? What is unhealthy about it?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)