|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Will's friend becomes upset when Will turns down a date with his ex-girlfriend in Chapter 5, because it means who will not go out then?
2. What is the main character of a literary narrative, around whom the events of the narrative's plot revolve?
3. Ronnie calls Steve to pick her up where in Chapter 11?
(a) The bus station.
(b) The police station.
(c) Her mother's house.
(d) Will's house.
4. Will takes Ronnie to the aquarium to see what in Chapter 13?
(a) A giant jellyfish.
(b) A loggerhead turtle.
(c) A great white shark.
(d) An electric eel.
5. What does Steve do as he waits for his ex-wife to arrive in Chapter 2?
(a) Plays piano.
(c) Plays guitar.
(d) Plays violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marcus and his friends come in and start a fight with who over a secret they all share from the previous spring in Chapter 5?
2. Where does Marcus suggest he and Ronnie run away to in Chapter 4?
3. What refers to a broad idea, message, or moral of a story in literature?
4. In Chapter 14, Ronnie goes to watch Will play in what?
5. Ronnie was something of a child prodigy at what when she was younger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fight breaks out in Chapter 5? Who begins it and who ends it?
2. What main characters are established in the Prologue? What is the protagonist preparing to do?
3. What attracts Ronnie to Blaze in the novel? What does this reveal about Ronnie's character?
4. What does Ronnie do after leaving the volleyball game in Chapter 3? Who does she meet?
5. What conversation do Ronnie and Blaze have in Chapter 12? How does Ronnie feel about it?
6. What happens when a police officer comes to take Ronnie home in Chapter 6?
7. What does Steve do with Jonah before Ronnie calls in Chapter 11? What is his response to her arrest?
8. How is the relationship between Blaze and Marcus defined in the novel? What is unhealthy about it?
9. What is revealed about Blaze and her parents in Chapter 8? How does this relate to Ronnie's situation?
10. How are Marcus' feelings for Ronnie described in Chapter 4? What actions does he take in the chapter?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)