|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Will's childhood best friend in the novel?
2. What refers to a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
3. What does Steve say when he hears Ronnie's story about what happened in Chapter 11?
(a) He believes her.
(b) He's sending her home.
(c) She is grounded.
(d) He thinks she's lying.
4. In the Prologue, Ronnie thinks of when it all began and shows her mother a news article about what?
(a) A lost child.
(b) A bank robbery.
(c) A church fire.
(d) A murder.
5. Marcus and his friends steal all of whose food in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ronnie's younger brother?
2. As Ronnie prepares for bed in Chapter 12, she sees what approaching the turtle nest?
3. In Chapter 8, Ronnie takes Blaze where?
4. Where did Steve teach for many years before relocating?
5. Who cannot stop thinking about Ronnie in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about Blaze and her parents in Chapter 8? How does this relate to Ronnie's situation?
2. What confrontation does Ronnie have with Will in Chapter 13? What is Will's response?
3. Where does Ronnie have an encounter with Blaze in Chapter 10? What happens as a result?
4. What does Steve contemplate as he waits for Ronnie in Chapter 9?
5. How does Steve feel about his daughter? What efforts does he make in order to ensure her happiness in the novel?
6. How are Marcus' feelings for Ronnie described in Chapter 4? What actions does he take in the chapter?
7. What conversation do Ronnie and Blaze have in Chapter 12? How does Ronnie feel about it?
8. How has Steve's abandonment affected Ronnie? How is this seen in Chapter 1?
9. What inconsistencies can be seen in Ronnie's feelings about her father between the Prologue and Chapter 1? What does this foreshadow?
10. What argument do Will and Scott get into in the beginning of Chapter 5? Why?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)