|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marcus suggest he and Ronnie run away to in Chapter 4?
2. Where does Ronnie live with her mother?
(a) New York.
(d) New Hampshire.
3. What is Steve making for the church that was damaged in a fire the previous spring in the novel?
(a) An entrance door.
(b) A stained glass window.
(c) A sign.
(d) An apse.
4. What is the name of Will's childhood best friend in the novel?
5. Steve has gone out of his way to alter meals to accommodate what dietary conditions of Ronnie in the novel?
(a) She's vegetarian.
(b) She's allergic to fish.
(c) She's diabetic.
(d) She's hypoglycemic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shirt does Ronnie buy to cover her stained one in Chapter 3?
2. What does Ronnie see Marcus playing with on the beach in Chapter 14?
3. What happens when Ronnie exits the store after her friend in Chapter 10?
4. What is Ronnie's mother's name?
5. Ronnie learns that who is Will's ex-girlfriend in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Marcus' feelings for Ronnie described in Chapter 4? What actions does he take in the chapter?
2. What inconsistencies can be seen in Ronnie's feelings about her father between the Prologue and Chapter 1? What does this foreshadow?
3. What happens at the party Ronnie attends in Chapter 10? What worries her about the events?
4. What does Steve contemplate as he waits for Ronnie in Chapter 9?
5. What does Steve do with Jonah before Ronnie calls in Chapter 11? What is his response to her arrest?
6. Where does Ronnie have an encounter with Blaze in Chapter 10? What happens as a result?
7. What attracts Ronnie to Blaze in the novel? What does this reveal about Ronnie's character?
8. How has Steve's abandonment affected Ronnie? How is this seen in Chapter 1?
9. How does the relationship between Will and Ronnie progress in Chapter 13? Where does he take her on their day together?
10. Where does Ronnie wake up in Chapter 12? Who approaches her?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)