|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Will's childhood best friend in the novel?
2. Who overhears and tells Ronnie's dad where she has gone in Chapter 5?
3. Who comes up to Ronnie and tells her that Will is a serial dater in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 17, Ronnie wakes to find her father outside speaking with Pastor Harris and whom?
(b) Officer Pete.
5. Where does Ronnie's father live?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) New Mexico.
(c) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces in literature?
2. Where does Ronnie live with her mother?
3. How old is Ronnie in the beginning of the story?
4. What does Steve do as he waits up for Ronnie in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 14, Ronnie goes to watch Will play in what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steve contemplate as he waits for Ronnie in Chapter 9?
2. What attracts Ronnie to Blaze in the novel? What does this reveal about Ronnie's character?
3. How is the relationship between Blaze and Marcus defined in the novel? What is unhealthy about it?
4. Where does Ronnie have an encounter with Blaze in Chapter 10? What happens as a result?
5. What is revealed about Blaze and her parents in Chapter 8? How does this relate to Ronnie's situation?
6. How does the relationship between Will and Ronnie progress in Chapter 13? Where does he take her on their day together?
7. What happens when a police officer comes to take Ronnie home in Chapter 6?
8. What main characters are established in the Prologue? What is the protagonist preparing to do?
9. What happens at the party Ronnie attends in Chapter 10? What worries her about the events?
10. What conversation do Ronnie and Blaze have in Chapter 12? How does Ronnie feel about it?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)