|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steve say when he hears Ronnie's story about what happened in Chapter 11?
(a) She is grounded.
(b) He thinks she's lying.
(c) He believes her.
(d) He's sending her home.
2. What is Ronnie's father's name?
3. As Ronnie prepares for bed in Chapter 12, she sees what approaching the turtle nest?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) An otter.
4. In Chapter 14, Ronnie goes to watch Will play in what?
(a) A baseball game.
(b) A tennis match.
(c) A concert.
(d) A volleyball game.
5. What is Blaze's real name in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, at the party, Marcus makes a point of making it appear that Ronnie is what?
2. What is the name of the girl who runs into Ronnie on the beach in Chapter 3?
3. What does Ronnie tell her father she never wants to see or hear again in Chapter 10?
4. Who does Ronnie go looking for the next morning after the party in Chapter 10?
5. Steve's friend who is also what insists on going to get Ronnie in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ronnie wish she were spending the summer in Chapter 1? What limitations prevent her from doing so?
2. What foreshadowing is revealed in the Prologue? How is the end of the novel set up from this first opening?
3. Where does Ronnie have an encounter with Blaze in Chapter 10? What happens as a result?
4. Where does Ronnie wake up in Chapter 12? Who approaches her?
5. How does Steve feel about his daughter? What efforts does he make in order to ensure her happiness in the novel?
6. How has Steve's abandonment affected Ronnie? How is this seen in Chapter 1?
7. What does Steve contemplate as he waits for Ronnie in Chapter 9?
8. What happens when a police officer comes to take Ronnie home in Chapter 6?
9. What main characters are established in the Prologue? What is the protagonist preparing to do?
10. How is the relationship between Blaze and Marcus defined in the novel? What is unhealthy about it?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)