|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Steve and Jonah go to do at the beach in Chapter 11?
(a) Play frisbee.
(c) Fly kites.
(d) Play volleyball.
2. What refers to a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
3. What does Ronnie tell her father she never wants to see or hear again in Chapter 10?
(a) A cello.
(b) A paintbrush.
(c) A piano.
(d) A violin.
4. What sports game does Ronnie watch while at the beach in Chapter 3?
(b) Yacht race.
5. What does Ronnie begin to do when she arrives home in Chapter 14?
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Take a bath.
(d) Break the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before she leaves in Chapter 10, Ronnie hears her father playing some music she once played where?
2. In the Prologue, Ronnie thinks of when it all began and shows her mother a news article about what?
3. Will approaches Ronnie on the beach in Chapter 12, and says he is there to do what?
4. Where does Marcus suggest he and Ronnie run away to in Chapter 4?
5. What do Will and his friend go to get at a snack bar as they debate their dates for the night in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What inconsistencies can be seen in Ronnie's feelings about her father between the Prologue and Chapter 1? What does this foreshadow?
2. How does the relationship between Will and Ronnie progress in Chapter 13? Where does he take her on their day together?
3. Where does Ronnie wake up in Chapter 12? Who approaches her?
4. What main characters are established in the Prologue? What is the protagonist preparing to do?
5. What actions does Marcus take when Blaze and Ronnie are eating at a diner in Chapter 8?
6. What fight breaks out in Chapter 5? Who begins it and who ends it?
7. What does Ronnie do after leaving the volleyball game in Chapter 3? Who does she meet?
8. How has Steve's abandonment affected Ronnie? How is this seen in Chapter 1?
9. Where is Ronnie going to stay with her father in Chapter 1? How is Ronnie's relationship with her father described?
10. What is Ronnie's reaction to her father's lack of punishment for her arrest in Chapter 11? Why?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)