|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The cage that Will describes coming the following day is to protect from what, in Chapter 12?
2. Ronnie tells Blaze about what problems in Chapter 8?
(a) Her legal problems.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her mental problems.
(d) Her grades.
3. Ronnie was something of a child prodigy at what when she was younger?
4. As Ronnie prepares for bed in Chapter 12, she sees what approaching the turtle nest?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) An otter.
(d) A raccoon.
5. What does Steve say when he hears Ronnie's story about what happened in Chapter 11?
(a) He believes her.
(b) She is grounded.
(c) He's sending her home.
(d) He thinks she's lying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces in literature?
2. Who does Ronnie have breakfast with in Chapter 12?
3. How long does Will wait on the beach before Ronnie comes out to speak to him in Chapter 14?
4. What refers to a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
5. Where did Steve teach for many years before relocating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ronnie's reaction to her father's lack of punishment for her arrest in Chapter 11? Why?
2. How is the relationship between Blaze and Marcus defined in the novel? What is unhealthy about it?
3. What does Ronnie do after leaving the volleyball game in Chapter 3? Who does she meet?
4. What actions does Marcus take when Blaze and Ronnie are eating at a diner in Chapter 8?
5. What inconsistencies can be seen in Ronnie's feelings about her father between the Prologue and Chapter 1? What does this foreshadow?
6. How does Steve feel about his daughter? What efforts does he make in order to ensure her happiness in the novel?
7. Where does Ronnie wake up in Chapter 12? Who approaches her?
8. What does Steve do as he awaits the arrival of his children in Chapter 2? How does he feel about seeing them?
9. What foreshadowing is revealed in the Prologue? How is the end of the novel set up from this first opening?
10. How does the relationship between Will and Ronnie progress in Chapter 13? Where does he take her on their day together?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)