|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Steve making for the church that was damaged in a fire the previous spring in the novel?
(a) A sign.
(b) An apse.
(c) A stained glass window.
(d) An entrance door.
2. Who does Ronnie meet that seems somewhat frightening in his intensity and his sudden interest in her in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 1, Ronnie has not spoken to her father in how long?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. What is the name of Will's childhood best friend in the novel?
5. Who cannot stop thinking about Ronnie in Chapter 7?
(b) Pastor Harris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes up to Ronnie and tells her that Will is a serial dater in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 14, Ronnie goes to watch Will play in what?
3. What does Blaze slip into Ronnie's bag before leaving in Chapter 10?
4. What does Steve do as he waits for his ex-wife to arrive in Chapter 2?
5. What does Ronnie begin to do when she arrives home in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation do Ronnie and Blaze have in Chapter 12? How does Ronnie feel about it?
2. What does Steve contemplate as he waits for Ronnie in Chapter 9?
3. What foreshadowing is revealed in the Prologue? How is the end of the novel set up from this first opening?
4. How has Steve's abandonment affected Ronnie? How is this seen in Chapter 1?
5. What happens at the party Ronnie attends in Chapter 10? What worries her about the events?
6. How does Steve feel about his daughter? What efforts does he make in order to ensure her happiness in the novel?
7. What does Ronnie do after leaving the volleyball game in Chapter 3? Who does she meet?
8. What fight breaks out in Chapter 5? Who begins it and who ends it?
9. What main characters are established in the Prologue? What is the protagonist preparing to do?
10. Where does Ronnie wake up in Chapter 12? Who approaches her?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)