|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ronnie breaks up a fight at the snack bar when she notices what in Chapter 5?
(a) A stray dog.
(b) A woman crying.
(c) A lost toddler.
(d) A hundred dollar bill.
2. Who overhears and tells Ronnie's dad where she has gone in Chapter 5?
3. When confronted by Ronnie in Chapter 12, Blaze tells her she won't help her for fear of whom?
(b) Her father.
(d) The police.
4. Who does Ronnie go looking for the next morning after the party in Chapter 10?
5. Ronnie was something of a child prodigy at what when she was younger?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ronnie live with her mother?
2. What is Ronnie's father's name?
3. Steve thinks of whose death in Chapter 9?
4. What refers to the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces in literature?
5. Where does Ronnie insist on sleeping in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the party Ronnie attends in Chapter 10? What worries her about the events?
2. What foreshadowing is revealed in the Prologue? How is the end of the novel set up from this first opening?
3. What argument takes place between Ronnie and Kim in Chapter 33? What does Ronnie discover?
4. What deal do Ronnie and Will make in Chapter 23? Why?
5. What do Ronnie and Will spend the day doing in Chapter 21? What do they talk about?
6. Discuss the character arc of Ronnie in the novel. How does Ronnie's character evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end?
7. How does the relationship between Will and Ronnie progress in Chapter 13? Where does he take her on their day together?
8. What plan does Marcus develop in Chapter 27? What is his objective?
9. What internal conflicts and external obstacles does Ronnie face in Chapter 26?
10. What argument do Will and Scott get into in the beginning of Chapter 5? Why?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)