|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl who runs into Ronnie on the beach in Chapter 3?
2. Ronnie learns that who is Will's ex-girlfriend in Chapter 14?
3. In Chapter 1, Ronnie has not spoken to her father in how long?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
4. What does Ronnie see Marcus playing with on the beach in Chapter 14?
(a) A frisbee.
(b) A beach ball.
(c) A fireball.
(d) A surboard.
5. Where does Ronnie's father live?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) New Mexico.
(c) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ronnie insist on sleeping in Chapter 11?
2. What refers to a broad idea, message, or moral of a story in literature?
3. Who is Marcus's girlfriend in the novel?
4. What does Steve do as he waits up for Ronnie in Chapter 9?
5. Who is Ronnie's younger brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steve contemplate as he waits for Ronnie in Chapter 9?
2. Where is Ronnie going to stay with her father in Chapter 1? How is Ronnie's relationship with her father described?
3. Where does Ronnie go in Chapter 3? What happens as she watches a volleyball game there?
4. How has Steve's abandonment affected Ronnie? How is this seen in Chapter 1?
5. What conversation do Ronnie and Blaze have in Chapter 12? How does Ronnie feel about it?
6. What inconsistencies can be seen in Ronnie's feelings about her father between the Prologue and Chapter 1? What does this foreshadow?
7. What foreshadowing is revealed in the Prologue? How is the end of the novel set up from this first opening?
8. Where does Ronnie wake up in Chapter 12? Who approaches her?
9. How does Steve feel about his daughter? What efforts does he make in order to ensure her happiness in the novel?
10. How are Marcus' feelings for Ronnie described in Chapter 4? What actions does he take in the chapter?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)