|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sports game does Ronnie watch while at the beach in Chapter 3?
(b) Yacht race.
2. As Ronnie prepares for bed in Chapter 12, she sees what approaching the turtle nest?
(a) An otter.
(b) A cat.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A dog.
3. Steve thinks of whose death in Chapter 9?
(a) His wife's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) His sister's.
(d) His father's.
4. Who does Ronnie go looking for the next morning after the party in Chapter 10?
5. What is Ronnie's father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Steve's friend who is also what insists on going to get Ronnie in Chapter 5?
2. What refers to a broad idea, message, or moral of a story in literature?
3. When Marcus hits on Ronnie in Chapter 3, she brushes him off and goes to join whom?
4. What does Ronnie accuse Will of not doing when she confronts him in Chapter 13?
5. What is Ronnie's last name in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will do after leaving the hospital in Chapter 28? What confrontations does he have?
2. What does Ronnie realize about her father as his health grows worse in Chapter 35? What does she decide to give him as a gift?
3. Discuss the character arc of Ronnie in the novel. How does Ronnie's character evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end?
4. How is the relationship between Blaze and Marcus defined in the novel? What is unhealthy about it?
5. Why does Ronnie refuse Will's offer to stay in Chapter 32? What do they discover Jonah doing?
6. What revelations does Steve have in Chapter 25 regarding his children?
7. What are the first days alone at her father's like in Chapter 35?
8. Where does Ronnie have an encounter with Blaze in Chapter 10? What happens as a result?
9. How does Will perform in the volleyball tournament in Chapter 28? What distraction takes Will out of the game?
10. What confrontation does Scott have with Will in Chapter 18? How does Ronnie interrupt the conversation?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)