|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Will and his friend go to get at a snack bar as they debate their dates for the night in Chapter 5?
(d) Hot dogs.
2. Before she leaves in Chapter 10, Ronnie hears her father playing some music she once played where?
(a) Carnegie Hall.
(d) Anderson Hall.
3. Where does Ronnie's father live?
(a) New Mexico.
(b) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
4. Who overhears and tells Ronnie's dad where she has gone in Chapter 5?
5. Steve has gone out of his way to alter meals to accommodate what dietary conditions of Ronnie in the novel?
(a) She's diabetic.
(b) She's vegetarian.
(c) She's allergic to fish.
(d) She's hypoglycemic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ronnie's last name in the novel?
2. What is Ronnie's mother's name?
3. Ronnie tells Blaze about what problems in Chapter 8?
4. Who does Ronnie meet that seems somewhat frightening in his intensity and his sudden interest in her in Chapter 3?
5. How old is Ronnie in the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confrontation does Ronnie have with Will in Chapter 13? What is Will's response?
2. How has Steve's abandonment affected Ronnie? How is this seen in Chapter 1?
3. How is the relationship between Blaze and Marcus defined in the novel? What is unhealthy about it?
4. Where does Ronnie have an encounter with Blaze in Chapter 10? What happens as a result?
5. What main characters are established in the Prologue? What is the protagonist preparing to do?
6. What does Steve contemplate as he waits for Ronnie in Chapter 9?
7. What actions does Marcus take when Blaze and Ronnie are eating at a diner in Chapter 8?
8. How are Marcus' feelings for Ronnie described in Chapter 4? What actions does he take in the chapter?
9. What happens when a police officer comes to take Ronnie home in Chapter 6?
10. What argument do Will and Scott get into in the beginning of Chapter 5? Why?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)