|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Steve making for the church that was damaged in a fire the previous spring in the novel?
(a) An entrance door.
(b) An apse.
(c) A sign.
(d) A stained glass window.
2. In the Prologue, Ronnie thinks of when it all began and shows her mother a news article about what?
(a) A church fire.
(b) A bank robbery.
(c) A lost child.
(d) A murder.
3. What does Ronnie accuse Will of not doing when she confronts him in Chapter 13?
(a) Telling the truth.
(b) Calling her.
(c) Calling for the police.
(d) Protecting the turtle eggs.
4. What is Blaze's real name in the novel?
5. Will takes Ronnie to the aquarium to see what in Chapter 13?
(a) A giant jellyfish.
(b) A loggerhead turtle.
(c) A great white shark.
(d) An electric eel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ronnie was something of a child prodigy at what when she was younger?
2. What is the name of the girl who runs into Ronnie on the beach in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 14, Ronnie goes to watch Will play in what?
4. Who comes up to Ronnie and tells her that Will is a serial dater in Chapter 14?
5. Who does Steve spend the day with in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ronnie go in Chapter 3? What happens as she watches a volleyball game there?
2. What causes the tension between Will and Ronnie in Chapter 29? What helps to ease the tension?
3. What confrontation does Scott have with Will in Chapter 18? How does Ronnie interrupt the conversation?
4. How does Ronnie feel upon departing the wedding in Chapter 26? What actions does she take?
5. What actions does Marcus take when Blaze and Ronnie are eating at a diner in Chapter 8?
6. What confrontation does Ronnie have with Will in Chapter 13? What is Will's response?
7. Where does Ronnie wish she were spending the summer in Chapter 1? What limitations prevent her from doing so?
8. What plan does Marcus develop in Chapter 27? What is his objective?
9. Why is Scott pressuring Will in Chapter 18? Why does Will succumb to this pressure?
10. What is Ronnie's reaction to her father's lack of punishment for her arrest in Chapter 11? Why?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)