|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Will approaches Ronnie on the beach in Chapter 12, and says he is there working as a volunteer for what?
(a) The fire department.
(b) The police.
(c) The university.
(d) The aquarium.
2. What do Steve and Jonah go to do at the beach in Chapter 11?
(a) Play volleyball.
(b) Fly kites.
(c) Play frisbee.
3. Who cannot stop thinking about Ronnie in Chapter 7?
(d) Pastor Harris.
4. In Chapter 11, Steve and Jonah spend the day putting up a barrier in front of what in the house?
(a) The broken window.
(b) The piano.
(c) The front door.
(d) The staircase.
5. Where does Ronnie's father live?
(b) South Carolina.
(c) New Mexico.
(d) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Will wait on the beach before Ronnie comes out to speak to him in Chapter 14?
2. Ronnie has had some legal problems in her hometown because of what in Chapter 1?
3. Who comes up to Ronnie and tells her that Will is a serial dater in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 17, Ronnie wakes to find her father outside speaking with Pastor Harris and whom?
5. What do Will and his friend go to get at a snack bar as they debate their dates for the night in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when a police officer comes to take Ronnie home in Chapter 6?
2. What actions does Marcus take when Blaze and Ronnie are eating at a diner in Chapter 8?
3. How does the relationship between Will and Ronnie progress in Chapter 13? Where does he take her on their day together?
4. What lesson in trust does Ronnie learn in Chapter 14?
5. What does Ronnie do after leaving the volleyball game in Chapter 3? Who does she meet?
6. How are Marcus' feelings for Ronnie described in Chapter 4? What actions does he take in the chapter?
7. What does Steve contemplate as he waits for Ronnie in Chapter 9?
8. What is Ronnie's reaction to her father's lack of punishment for her arrest in Chapter 11? Why?
9. How does Steve feel about his daughter? What efforts does he make in order to ensure her happiness in the novel?
10. Where does Ronnie wish she were spending the summer in Chapter 1? What limitations prevent her from doing so?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)