|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marcus suggest he and Ronnie run away to in Chapter 4?
2. Who does Ronnie run into when she leaves the house in Chapter 6?
(d) Pastor Harris.
3. Who does Ronnie meet that seems somewhat frightening in his intensity and his sudden interest in her in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 11, Steve and Jonah spend the day putting up a barrier in front of what in the house?
(a) The front door.
(b) The staircase.
(c) The piano.
(d) The broken window.
5. What does Ronnie accuse Will of not doing when she confronts him in Chapter 13?
(a) Telling the truth.
(b) Calling her.
(c) Protecting the turtle eggs.
(d) Calling for the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before she leaves in Chapter 10, Ronnie hears her father playing some music she once played where?
2. Steve thinks of whose death in Chapter 9?
3. Where does Ronnie's father live?
4. Who does Steve spend the day with in Chapter 9?
5. What is the name of Will's childhood best friend in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about Blaze and her parents in Chapter 8? How does this relate to Ronnie's situation?
2. What main characters are established in the Prologue? What is the protagonist preparing to do?
3. Where does Ronnie have an encounter with Blaze in Chapter 10? What happens as a result?
4. What is Ronnie's reaction to her father's lack of punishment for her arrest in Chapter 11? Why?
5. What actions does Marcus take when Blaze and Ronnie are eating at a diner in Chapter 8?
6. What happens when a police officer comes to take Ronnie home in Chapter 6?
7. How are Marcus' feelings for Ronnie described in Chapter 4? What actions does he take in the chapter?
8. What lesson in trust does Ronnie learn in Chapter 14?
9. What attracts Ronnie to Blaze in the novel? What does this reveal about Ronnie's character?
10. What argument do Will and Scott get into in the beginning of Chapter 5? Why?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)