|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marcus suggest he and Ronnie run away to in Chapter 4?
2. The cage that Will describes coming the following day is to protect from what, in Chapter 12?
3. Who overhears and tells Ronnie's dad where she has gone in Chapter 5?
4. As Ronnie prepares for bed in Chapter 12, she sees what approaching the turtle nest?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) An otter.
(d) A raccoon.
5. Steve shows Ronnie what on the beach in Chapter 11?
(a) A baby seal.
(b) A gull's egg nest.
(c) A eagle egg nest.
(d) A turtle egg nest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Will's friend becomes upset when Will turns down a date with his ex-girlfriend in Chapter 5, because it means who will not go out then?
2. To what local hangout does Ronnie go with Marcus and Blaze in Chapter 5?
3. Who is Marcus's girlfriend in the novel?
4. Where did Steve teach for many years before relocating?
5. Kim once told a marriage counselor that it was what that left Steve unable to share his feelings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lesson in trust does Ronnie learn in Chapter 14?
2. How are Marcus' feelings for Ronnie described in Chapter 4? What actions does he take in the chapter?
3. Where does Ronnie wake up in Chapter 12? Who approaches her?
4. How does Steve feel about his daughter? What efforts does he make in order to ensure her happiness in the novel?
5. What inconsistencies can be seen in Ronnie's feelings about her father between the Prologue and Chapter 1? What does this foreshadow?
6. What does Steve do as he awaits the arrival of his children in Chapter 2? How does he feel about seeing them?
7. What happens at the party Ronnie attends in Chapter 10? What worries her about the events?
8. Where does Ronnie go in Chapter 3? What happens as she watches a volleyball game there?
9. How is the relationship between Blaze and Marcus defined in the novel? What is unhealthy about it?
10. What main characters are established in the Prologue? What is the protagonist preparing to do?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)