|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Will's friend becomes upset when Will turns down a date with his ex-girlfriend in Chapter 5, because it means who will not go out then?
2. What does Ronnie see Marcus playing with on the beach in Chapter 14?
(a) A fireball.
(b) A surboard.
(c) A beach ball.
(d) A frisbee.
3. Ronnie breaks up a fight at the snack bar when she notices what in Chapter 5?
(a) A hundred dollar bill.
(b) A stray dog.
(c) A woman crying.
(d) A lost toddler.
4. What is Ronnie's father's name?
5. Ronnie tells Blaze about what problems in Chapter 8?
(a) Her legal problems.
(b) Her grades.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her mental problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. When confronted by Ronnie in Chapter 12, Blaze tells her she won't help her for fear of whom?
2. Where does Ronnie's father live?
3. What refers to the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces in literature?
4. What do Will and his friend go to get at a snack bar as they debate their dates for the night in Chapter 5?
5. Who does Ronnie meet that seems somewhat frightening in his intensity and his sudden interest in her in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actions does Marcus take when Blaze and Ronnie are eating at a diner in Chapter 8?
2. How does the relationship between Will and Ronnie progress in Chapter 13? Where does he take her on their day together?
3. What foreshadowing is revealed in the Prologue? How is the end of the novel set up from this first opening?
4. What is revealed about Blaze and her parents in Chapter 8? How does this relate to Ronnie's situation?
5. How are Marcus' feelings for Ronnie described in Chapter 4? What actions does he take in the chapter?
6. Where does Ronnie wake up in Chapter 12? Who approaches her?
7. What conversation do Ronnie and Blaze have in Chapter 12? How does Ronnie feel about it?
8. What does Ronnie do after leaving the volleyball game in Chapter 3? Who does she meet?
9. What confrontation does Ronnie have with Will in Chapter 13? What is Will's response?
10. What does Steve contemplate as he waits for Ronnie in Chapter 9?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)