|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ronnie's mother's name?
2. What is Ronnie's father's name?
3. Who does Ronnie run into when she leaves the house in Chapter 6?
(b) Pastor Harris.
4. In Chapter 10, at the party, Marcus makes a point of making it appear that Ronnie is what?
(b) Coming onto him.
(c) Taking drugs.
5. Will approaches Ronnie on the beach in Chapter 12, and says he is there to do what?
(a) Kill the raccoons.
(b) Mark the turtle egg nest.
(c) Kill the baby seals.
(d) Burn the egg nest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ronnie exits the store after her friend in Chapter 10?
2. Ronnie calls Steve to pick her up where in Chapter 11?
3. Who does Ronnie go looking for the next morning after the party in Chapter 10?
4. Where does Ronnie live with her mother?
5. What is Blaze's real name in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ronnie realize about her father as his health grows worse in Chapter 35? What does she decide to give him as a gift?
2. What is revealed about Blaze and her parents in Chapter 8? How does this relate to Ronnie's situation?
3. What actions does Marcus take when Blaze and Ronnie are eating at a diner in Chapter 8?
4. What internal conflicts and external obstacles does Ronnie face in Chapter 26?
5. What causes the tension between Will and Ronnie in Chapter 29? What helps to ease the tension?
6. Where does Ronnie wake up in Chapter 12? Who approaches her?
7. Where does Ronnie go in Chapter 3? What happens as she watches a volleyball game there?
8. Why is Scott pressuring Will in Chapter 18? Why does Will succumb to this pressure?
9. What revelations does Steve have in Chapter 25 regarding his children?
10. Who comes to the aid of Ronnie and Jonah while their father is in the hospital in Chapter 31? How?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)