|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Will takes Ronnie home, they take a look at her dad's what, in Chapter 23?
(a) Living room.
(b) Stained glass window.
(c) Painting gallery.
(d) Sculpture gallery.
2. In Chapter 23, Scott asks Will if he will start attending more practices before the big tournament that is coming up, which is the same weekend as the wedding for whom?
3. What refers to the treatment of cancer with an antineoplastic drug or with a combination of such drugs into a standardized treatment regimen?
(a) Radiation therapy.
4. Who does Ronnie console at the hospital in Chapter 28?
(b) Blaze's mother.
(c) Mike's mother.
(d) Will's mother.
5. Who saved Will and his mother in a car accident many years earlier in the novel?
(b) Pastor Harris.
6. Who was set up for causing the fire that burned down Pastor Harris' church in the novel?
7. Who comes and asks Ronnie to rethink her decision to end her relationship with Will at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) Will's mother.
8. When Ronnie tells Will about her problems, he is sympathetic and offers to go where with her in Chapter 21?
(a) To the doctor.
(b) To church.
(c) To court.
(d) To school.
9. What refers to the status of the character as it unfolds throughout the story?
(a) Character arc.
(d) Deus ex machina.
10. What is a term in developmental psychology to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner?
11. How many fireballs does Marcus have Blaze make in Chapter 27?
12. Ronnie worries about what to wear to whose wedding in Chapter 26?
13. In Chapter 33, Ronnie gets her father to admit to her that he played the piano for what reason?
(a) To escape his marriage.
(b) To keep his pain at bay.
(c) To remind him of Kim.
(d) To escape his family.
14. What draws a big crowd, causing Ronnie to be somewhat annoyed at having to share the moment in Chapter 29?
(a) The gulls hatch.
(b) The turtle eggs hatch.
(c) The seals swim away.
(d) The otters are born.
15. Who insists on staying with Ronnie and Jonah, sleeping on the couch, in Chapter 31?
(b) Pastor Harris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ronnie is standing on the deck near what when Will finds her in Chapter 26?
2. What does Blaze get on her shirt in Chapter 27?
3. What collapses during the wedding when Will gets into a fight in Chapter 26?
4. Scott is very angry with Will for what, in the end of Chapter 28?
5. Who joins Ronnie and tells Ronnie how much this visit from her and Jonah has meant to their father in Chapter 31?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)