|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Will's father owns what establishment in the town?
(a) Scholler Rugs.
(b) Michaels' Bakery.
(c) Williams & Brothers Bank.
(d) Blakelee Brakes.
2. Ronnie worries about what to wear to whose wedding in Chapter 26?
3. What is the name of Will's sister?
4. Will insists on going to his house to do what in Chapter 18?
(a) Change clothes.
(b) Talk to his mother.
(c) Talk to his father.
(d) See his brother.
5. Who actually set fire to Pastor Harris' church in the novel?
6. Who comes and asks Ronnie to rethink her decision to end her relationship with Will at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) Will's mother.
7. What refers to a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
8. When considering the differences between Ronnie and his ex-girlfriend, Will concludes that Ronnie is more what, in Chapter 20?
9. Who can Ronnie hear blaming her for the whole ordeal after the fight at the wedding in Chapter 26?
(a) Will's mother.
10. What is the name of Will's younger brother who died in a car accident?
11. Where does Will intend to go to college in the novel?
(a) New York University.
12. What game does Will play with Ronnie's family in Chapter 19?
(a) Shoots and Ladders.
(b) Gin Rummy.
(c) Liar's poker.
13. Who does Jonah give all of the money from his piggy bank to in Chapter 26?
14. In Chapter 33, Ronnie gets her father to admit to her that he played the piano for what reason?
(a) To keep his pain at bay.
(b) To escape his family.
(c) To remind him of Kim.
(d) To escape his marriage.
15. In Chapter 18, Scott complains to Will that he is damaging Scott's chances of what?
(a) Getting a volleyball scholarship.
(b) Winning a trip to Hawaii.
(c) Getting into Harvard.
(d) Getting a basketball scholarship.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 29, the week is tense for Ronnie and Will because it is nearly time for Will to do what?
2. What has Marcus decided to do in Chapter 27?
3. What refers to the status of the character as it unfolds throughout the story?
4. What is a term in developmental psychology to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner?
5. Who does Ronnie discover was the cause for her parents' divorce in Chapter 33?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)