|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Will insists on going to his house to do what in Chapter 18?
(a) Talk to his father.
(b) See his brother.
(c) Talk to his mother.
(d) Change clothes.
2. What is a term in developmental psychology to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner?
3. Who does Ronnie console at the hospital in Chapter 28?
(a) Will's mother.
(b) Blaze's mother.
(c) Mike's mother.
4. What is the name of Will's sister?
5. After someone catches fire on the pier, Will decides there is no time to wait for what?
(a) An ambulance.
(b) His mother.
(c) The police.
(d) A taxi.
6. Jonah asks Steve to let him do what in Chapter 25?
(a) Live with him permanently.
(b) Go to his mother's.
(c) Spend the night at Will's.
(d) Stay with his aunt.
7. What do Ronnie and Will find Jonah doing in the work shed in Chapter 32?
(a) Writing to his father.
(b) Building an airplane.
(c) Trying to finish the window.
(d) Trying to finish the sculpture.
8. What draws a big crowd, causing Ronnie to be somewhat annoyed at having to share the moment in Chapter 29?
(a) The seals swim away.
(b) The gulls hatch.
(c) The turtle eggs hatch.
(d) The otters are born.
9. What does Ronnie feel Will's mother thinks of her in Chapter 19?
(a) She adores her.
(b) She likes her fine.
(c) She is jealous of her.
(d) She does not approve.
10. When Will takes Ronnie home, they take a look at her dad's what, in Chapter 23?
(a) Sculpture gallery.
(b) Living room.
(c) Painting gallery.
(d) Stained glass window.
11. What does Ronnie offer Blaze before leaving her in Chapter 26?
(a) Her car keys.
(b) A letter.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) Her cell phone.
12. What refers to the treatment of cancer with an antineoplastic drug or with a combination of such drugs into a standardized treatment regimen?
(b) Radiation therapy.
13. In Chapter 33, Ronnie gets her father to admit to her that he played the piano for what reason?
(a) To remind him of Kim.
(b) To escape his family.
(c) To keep his pain at bay.
(d) To escape his marriage.
14. In Chapter 24, Ronnie goes where and finds her father working?
(a) The bank.
(b) The bakery.
(c) The church.
(d) The barn.
15. Who wins the game that Ronnie's family plays with Will in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, Will and Ronnie are spending more time with what, in order to protect them?
2. In Chapter 25, Steve comes to the realization that walking the beach to find God as Pastor Harris often does will not work for him because Steve has found God where?
3. After leaving the hospital, Will finds Marcus and his friends where, in Chapter 28?
4. What does Will do when he finds Marcus and his friends in the end of Chapter 28?
5. Where does Will intend to go to college in the novel?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)