|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonah asks Steve to let him do what in Chapter 25?
(a) Stay with his aunt.
(b) Go to his mother's.
(c) Spend the night at Will's.
(d) Live with him permanently.
2. Who does Ronnie console at the hospital in Chapter 28?
(a) Mike's mother.
(c) Will's mother.
(d) Blaze's mother.
3. In Chapter 31, Ronnie cannot sleep and she spends most of the night looking through what?
(a) Her mother's letters.
(b) Her father's letters.
(c) Her father's Bible.
(d) Will's letters.
4. Who wins the game that Ronnie's family plays with Will in Chapter 20?
5. Who actually set fire to Pastor Harris' church in the novel?
6. After someone catches fire on the pier, Will decides there is no time to wait for what?
(a) His mother.
(b) The police.
(c) An ambulance.
(d) A taxi.
7. What does Will's father show Ronnie when she stops by Will's house in Chapter 19?
(a) His kite collection.
(b) A remote-control plane.
(c) His coin collection.
(d) His yacht.
8. In Chapter 25, Steve comes to the realization that walking the beach to find God as Pastor Harris often does will not work for him because Steve has found God where?
(a) In his wife.
(b) In his father.
(c) In his children.
(d) In his music.
9. In Chapter 33, Ronnie gets her father to admit to her that he played the piano for what reason?
(a) To keep his pain at bay.
(b) To remind him of Kim.
(c) To escape his marriage.
(d) To escape his family.
10. What does Ronnie announce she wants to do in Chapter 33?
(a) Go with her mother.
(b) Attend Vanderbilt.
(c) Stay with her father.
(d) Marry Will.
11. What is the name of Will's younger brother who died in a car accident?
12. In Chapter 29, the week is tense for Ronnie and Will because it is nearly time for Will to do what?
(a) Join the Army.
(b) Get married.
(c) Leave for France.
(d) Leave for college.
13. In Chapter 23, Will and Ronnie are spending more time with what, in order to protect them?
(a) The turtle eggs.
(b) The gull eggs.
(c) The baby seals.
(d) The eagle eggs.
14. Where does Ronnie invite Will to dinner in Chapter 18?
(a) Sarah's Diner.
(b) Her house.
(c) The space shuttle.
(d) Gino's Pizza.
15. Who was set up for causing the fire that burned down Pastor Harris' church in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Will tells Scott that he should tell the police the truth about what in the end of Chapter 28?
2. In Chapter 32, who offers to stay with Ronnie and Jonah until their father gets out of the hospital?
3. What does Ronnie feel Will's mother thinks of her in Chapter 19?
4. Scott is very angry with Will for what, in the end of Chapter 28?
5. What is the name of Will's father in "The Last Song"?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)