|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was set up for causing the fire that burned down Pastor Harris' church in the novel?
2. When Will takes Ronnie home, they take a look at her dad's what, in Chapter 23?
(a) Stained glass window.
(b) Painting gallery.
(c) Living room.
(d) Sculpture gallery.
3. Ronnie, Jonah, Will, and Steve are talking when Steve has a coughing fit that causes what, in Chapter 29?
(a) Him to cough up blood.
(b) Him to run from the room.
(c) Him to have a heart attack.
(d) Him to vomit.
4. In Chapter 32, who offers to stay with Ronnie and Jonah until their father gets out of the hospital?
(a) Pastor Harris.
5. All of the money in Jonah's piggy bank has been collected from Ronnie for what?
(a) Picking up garbage.
(b) Cleaning his room.
(c) Doing his homework.
(d) Keeping secrets.
6. What refers to the treatment of cancer with an antineoplastic drug or with a combination of such drugs into a standardized treatment regimen?
(c) Radiation therapy.
7. What game does Will play with Ronnie's family in Chapter 19?
(a) Shoots and Ladders.
(b) Liar's poker.
(d) Gin Rummy.
8. What draws a big crowd, causing Ronnie to be somewhat annoyed at having to share the moment in Chapter 29?
(a) The gulls hatch.
(b) The otters are born.
(c) The turtle eggs hatch.
(d) The seals swim away.
9. What is the name of Will's sister?
10. Who comes and asks Ronnie to rethink her decision to end her relationship with Will at the end of Chapter 26?
(b) Will's mother.
11. What does Blaze get on her shirt in Chapter 27?
(a) Wine cooler.
(b) Lighter fluid.
12. In Chapter 31, Ronnie cannot sleep and she spends most of the night looking through what?
(a) Her mother's letters.
(b) Her father's letters.
(c) Will's letters.
(d) Her father's Bible.
13. Where does Jonah depart to at the end of Chapter 34?
(a) North Carolina.
(c) New York.
(d) New Hampshire.
14. Who does Will go and ask a favor from after Ronnie ends their relationship in Chapter 32?
(c) His father.
15. In Chapter 21, Ronnie and Will spend the afternoon where?
(a) On the beach.
(b) At Steve's house.
(c) Will's pool.
(d) At Blaze's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a term in developmental psychology to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner?
2. Who does Jonah give all of the money from his piggy bank to in Chapter 26?
3. In Chapter 23, Scott asks Will if he will start attending more practices before the big tournament that is coming up, which is the same weekend as the wedding for whom?
4. In Chapter 24, Ronnie goes where and finds her father working?
5. Will and Scott are playing the final game for the championship when Will sees who catch fire in Chapter 28?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)