|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ronnie tells Will about her problems, he is sympathetic and offers to go where with her in Chapter 21?
(a) To church.
(b) To court.
(c) To the doctor.
(d) To school.
2. In Chapter 21, Ronnie and Will spend the afternoon where?
(a) Will's pool.
(b) At Blaze's house.
(c) At Steve's house.
(d) On the beach.
3. Where does Ronnie invite Will to dinner in Chapter 18?
(a) Gino's Pizza.
(b) The space shuttle.
(c) Her house.
(d) Sarah's Diner.
4. Who saved Will and his mother in a car accident many years earlier in the novel?
(a) Pastor Harris.
5. Ronnie, Jonah, Will, and Steve are talking when Steve has a coughing fit that causes what, in Chapter 29?
(a) Him to have a heart attack.
(b) Him to cough up blood.
(c) Him to vomit.
(d) Him to run from the room.
6. Will and Scott are playing the final game for the championship when Will sees who catch fire in Chapter 28?
7. Will tells Scott that he should tell the police the truth about what in the end of Chapter 28?
(a) His brother's accident.
(b) The fire at Pastor Harris' church.
(c) His father's murder.
(d) His mother's suicide.
8. What has Marcus decided to do in Chapter 27?
(a) Ask Blaze to marry him.
(b) Kill Will.
(c) Burn the church down.
(d) Split town.
9. What refers to a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
10. After someone catches fire on the pier, Will decides there is no time to wait for what?
(a) A taxi.
(b) His mother.
(c) The police.
(d) An ambulance.
11. Jonah asks Steve to let him do what in Chapter 25?
(a) Go to his mother's.
(b) Stay with his aunt.
(c) Live with him permanently.
(d) Spend the night at Will's.
12. Who does Jonah give all of the money from his piggy bank to in Chapter 26?
13. Will's father owns what establishment in the town?
(a) Scholler Rugs.
(b) Williams & Brothers Bank.
(c) Michaels' Bakery.
(d) Blakelee Brakes.
14. Who does Will go and ask a favor from after Ronnie ends their relationship in Chapter 32?
(b) His father.
15. What refers to the status of the character as it unfolds throughout the story?
(b) Character arc.
(c) Deus ex machina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops by the next day to marvel at the work the kids have done in Chapter 32?
2. All of the money in Jonah's piggy bank has been collected from Ronnie for what?
3. What is a term in developmental psychology to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner?
4. In Chapter 25, Steve comes to the realization that walking the beach to find God as Pastor Harris often does will not work for him because Steve has found God where?
5. When Will takes Ronnie home, they take a look at her dad's what, in Chapter 23?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)