|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Will get into a fight with in Chapter 26?
2. In Chapter 32, who offers to stay with Ronnie and Jonah until their father gets out of the hospital?
(b) Pastor Harris.
3. What draws a big crowd, causing Ronnie to be somewhat annoyed at having to share the moment in Chapter 29?
(a) The turtle eggs hatch.
(b) The seals swim away.
(c) The gulls hatch.
(d) The otters are born.
4. Ronnie is standing on the deck near what when Will finds her in Chapter 26?
(a) Tom's yacht.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The pool.
(d) The lighthouse.
5. In Chapter 25, Steve comes to the realization that walking the beach to find God as Pastor Harris often does will not work for him because Steve has found God where?
(a) In his wife.
(b) In his music.
(c) In his father.
(d) In his children.
6. In Chapter 23, Will and Ronnie are spending more time with what, in order to protect them?
(a) The gull eggs.
(b) The baby seals.
(c) The eagle eggs.
(d) The turtle eggs.
7. Jonah asks Steve to let him do what in Chapter 25?
(a) Live with him permanently.
(b) Stay with his aunt.
(c) Go to his mother's.
(d) Spend the night at Will's.
8. Ronnie worries about what to wear to whose wedding in Chapter 26?
9. When considering the differences between Ronnie and his ex-girlfriend, Will concludes that Ronnie is more what, in Chapter 20?
10. Ronnie, Jonah, Will, and Steve are talking when Steve has a coughing fit that causes what, in Chapter 29?
(a) Him to vomit.
(b) Him to have a heart attack.
(c) Him to cough up blood.
(d) Him to run from the room.
11. In Chapter 29, the week is tense for Ronnie and Will because it is nearly time for Will to do what?
(a) Leave for France.
(b) Join the Army.
(c) Leave for college.
(d) Get married.
12. What game does Will play with Ronnie's family in Chapter 19?
(a) Liar's poker.
(b) Gin Rummy.
(c) Shoots and Ladders.
13. Where does Ronnie tell Will she's been offered a place to study in Chapter 21?
14. Where does Ronnie invite Will to dinner in Chapter 18?
(a) Her house.
(b) The space shuttle.
(c) Sarah's Diner.
(d) Gino's Pizza.
15. All of the money in Jonah's piggy bank has been collected from Ronnie for what?
(a) Keeping secrets.
(b) Picking up garbage.
(c) Doing his homework.
(d) Cleaning his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Will's sister?
2. Who does Ronnie discover was the cause for her parents' divorce in Chapter 33?
3. What do Will and Ronnie spend a night hunting in Chapter 23?
4. What refers to the status of the character as it unfolds throughout the story?
5. Will tells Scott that he should tell the police the truth about what in the end of Chapter 28?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)