|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Ronnie has not spoken to her father in how long?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 2 years.
2. As Ronnie prepares for bed in Chapter 12, she sees what approaching the turtle nest?
(a) An otter.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A raccoon.
3. Who does Ronnie run into when she leaves the house in Chapter 6?
(c) Pastor Harris.
4. What does Ronnie begin to do when she arrives home in Chapter 14?
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Take a bath.
(d) Break the window.
5. What does Steve do as he waits up for Ronnie in Chapter 9?
(a) Plays guiltar.
(b) Plays piano.
(c) Plays cello.
6. Will approaches Ronnie on the beach in Chapter 12, and says he is there to do what?
(a) Burn the egg nest.
(b) Kill the raccoons.
(c) Kill the baby seals.
(d) Mark the turtle egg nest.
7. In Chapter 17, Ronnie wakes to find her father outside speaking with Pastor Harris and whom?
(b) Officer Pete.
8. Whose funeral is Ronnie preparing to attend in the Prologue?
9. In Chapter 8, Ronnie takes Blaze where?
(b) A hospital.
(c) A diner.
(d) The movies.
10. Steve shows Ronnie what on the beach in Chapter 11?
(a) A turtle egg nest.
(b) A baby seal.
(c) A eagle egg nest.
(d) A gull's egg nest.
11. Who does Steve spend the day with in Chapter 9?
12. Who does Ronnie have breakfast with in Chapter 12?
(a) Blaze and Marcus.
(b) Steve and Jonah.
(c) Will and Scott.
(d) Blaze and Will.
13. What does Ronnie try to get Blaze to do when she finds her in Chapter 12?
(a) Tell the police the truth.
(b) Tell her father the truth.
(c) Turn herself in.
(d) Turn Marcus in.
14. What in literature refers to the author's providing of some background information to the audience about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
(a) Rising Action.
15. Kim once told a marriage counselor that it was what that left Steve unable to share his feelings?
(a) Sexual abuse.
(b) A murder.
(c) His parents.
(d) A car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl who runs into Ronnie on the beach in Chapter 3?
2. What does Ronnie accuse Will of not doing when she confronts him in Chapter 13?
3. What is Ronnie's last name in the novel?
4. What is Blaze's real name in the novel?
5. What does Ronnie tell her father she never wants to see or hear again in Chapter 10?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)