|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ronnie calls Steve to pick her up where in Chapter 11?
(a) The police station.
(b) Her mother's house.
(c) The bus station.
(d) Will's house.
2. What is Ronnie's father's name?
3. Will takes Ronnie to the aquarium to see what in Chapter 13?
(a) A loggerhead turtle.
(b) A giant jellyfish.
(c) A great white shark.
(d) An electric eel.
4. What does Ronnie begin to do when she arrives home in Chapter 14?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Take a bath.
(c) Break the window.
5. When confronted by Ronnie in Chapter 12, Blaze tells her she won't help her for fear of whom?
(a) Her father.
(c) The police.
6. In Chapter 8, Ronnie takes Blaze where?
(a) The movies.
(c) A diner.
(d) A hospital.
7. In Chapter 1, Ronnie has not spoken to her father in how long?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 5 years.
8. What do Will and his friend go to get at a snack bar as they debate their dates for the night in Chapter 5?
(a) Hot dogs.
9. Steve thinks of whose death in Chapter 9?
(a) His sister's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His wife's.
(d) His mother's.
10. Marcus invites Ronnie where before leaving in Chapter 8?
(a) To the movies.
(b) A party.
(c) To dinner.
(d) A concert.
11. What is Ronnie's mother's name?
12. What does Ronnie try to get Blaze to do when she finds her in Chapter 12?
(a) Tell the police the truth.
(b) Tell her father the truth.
(c) Turn Marcus in.
(d) Turn herself in.
13. Ronnie has had some legal problems in her hometown because of what in Chapter 1?
(a) Underage drinking.
(c) Armed robbery.
(d) Drug charges.
14. What in literature refers to the author's providing of some background information to the audience about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
(a) Rising Action.
15. What refers to a broad idea, message, or moral of a story in literature?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ronnie live with her mother?
2. In Chapter 17, Ronnie wakes to find her father outside speaking with Pastor Harris and whom?
3. In the Prologue, Ronnie thinks of when it all began and shows her mother a news article about what?
4. What sports game does Ronnie watch while at the beach in Chapter 3?
5. Where does Marcus suggest he and Ronnie run away to in Chapter 4?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)