|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Blaze's real name in the novel?
2. In Chapter 10, at the party, Marcus makes a point of making it appear that Ronnie is what?
(b) Coming onto him.
(c) Taking drugs.
3. The morning after Ronnie is brought home by Steve's friend in Chapter 6, Ronnie is surprised that her father doesn't what?
(a) Ground her.
(b) Take her car.
(c) Spank her.
(d) Send her to her mother.
4. Ronnie tells Blaze about what problems in Chapter 8?
(a) Her legal problems.
(b) Her mental problems.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her grades.
5. Marcus insists on sitting next to whom when he arrives in Chapter 8?
6. What is Steve making for the church that was damaged in a fire the previous spring in the novel?
(a) A stained glass window.
(b) An apse.
(c) An entrance door.
(d) A sign.
7. What do Steve and Jonah go to do at the beach in Chapter 11?
(a) Play frisbee.
(c) Fly kites.
(d) Play volleyball.
8. Ronnie has had some legal problems in her hometown because of what in Chapter 1?
(a) Drug charges.
(b) Armed robbery.
(c) Underage drinking.
9. Marcus and his friends steal all of whose food in Chapter 8?
10. In Chapter 14, Ronnie goes to watch Will play in what?
(a) A tennis match.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) A concert.
(d) A volleyball game.
11. Before she leaves in Chapter 10, Ronnie hears her father playing some music she once played where?
(a) Carnegie Hall.
(d) Anderson Hall.
12. What gets spilled on Ronnie's shirt in Chapter 3?
(a) A wine-cooler.
(b) A milkshake.
(c) A beer.
(d) A Coke.
13. Where did Steve teach for many years before relocating?
14. Will takes Ronnie to the aquarium to see what in Chapter 13?
(a) An electric eel.
(b) A giant jellyfish.
(c) A loggerhead turtle.
(d) A great white shark.
15. What refers to the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces in literature?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is taking place at the beach when Ronnie arrives in Chapter 3?
2. Will's friend becomes upset when Will turns down a date with his ex-girlfriend in Chapter 5, because it means who will not go out then?
3. Who overhears and tells Ronnie's dad where she has gone in Chapter 5?
4. What is the name of Will's ex-girlfriend in the novel?
5. What does Ronnie see Marcus playing with on the beach in Chapter 14?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)