Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cannot stop thinking about Ronnie in Chapter 7?
(b) Pastor Harris.
2. What is Ronnie's last name in the novel?
3. What do Steve and Jonah go to do at the beach in Chapter 11?
(a) Fly kites.
(b) Play frisbee.
(d) Play volleyball.
4. In Chapter 10, at the party, Marcus makes a point of making it appear that Ronnie is what?
(a) Coming onto him.
(c) Taking drugs.
5. What does Ronnie see Marcus playing with on the beach in Chapter 14?
(a) A fireball.
(b) A frisbee.
(c) A beach ball.
(d) A surboard.
6. As Ronnie prepares for bed in Chapter 12, she sees what approaching the turtle nest?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A cat.
(c) An otter.
(d) A dog.
7. In Chapter 17, Ronnie wakes to find her father outside speaking with Pastor Harris and whom?
(b) Officer Pete.
8. What does Ronnie tell her father she never wants to see or hear again in Chapter 10?
(a) A paintbrush.
(b) A piano.
(c) A cello.
(d) A violin.
9. Where does Ronnie insist on sleeping in Chapter 11?
(a) On the couch.
(b) In her brother's room.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In her room.
10. Steve has gone out of his way to alter meals to accommodate what dietary conditions of Ronnie in the novel?
(a) She's allergic to fish.
(b) She's vegetarian.
(c) She's hypoglycemic.
(d) She's diabetic.
11. What refers to a broad idea, message, or moral of a story in literature?
12. Where does Ronnie's father live?
(a) New Mexico.
(b) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
13. Marcus and his friends steal all of whose food in Chapter 8?
14. Will takes Ronnie to the aquarium to see what in Chapter 13?
(a) A loggerhead turtle.
(b) A great white shark.
(c) An electric eel.
(d) A giant jellyfish.
15. What is the name of Will's childhood best friend in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main character of a literary narrative, around whom the events of the narrative's plot revolve?
2. Whose funeral is Ronnie preparing to attend in the Prologue?
3. Where does Will work in the novel?
4. Who does Ronnie have breakfast with in Chapter 12?
5. Ronnie learns that who is Will's ex-girlfriend in Chapter 14?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)