|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kim once told a marriage counselor that it was what that left Steve unable to share his feelings?
(a) A murder.
(b) His parents.
(c) Sexual abuse.
(d) A car accident.
2. Where did Steve teach for many years before relocating?
3. What do Steve and Jonah go to do at the beach in Chapter 11?
(a) Play frisbee.
(c) Fly kites.
(d) Play volleyball.
4. Who overhears and tells Ronnie's dad where she has gone in Chapter 5?
5. What does Steve do as he waits for his ex-wife to arrive in Chapter 2?
(b) Plays piano.
(c) Plays guitar.
(d) Plays violin.
6. Where does Will work in the novel?
(a) Blakelee Brakes.
(b) Mitchell's Bakery.
(c) Anderson Farms.
(d) Barnicle Bill's Salloon.
7. What does Ronnie try to get Blaze to do when she finds her in Chapter 12?
(a) Tell her father the truth.
(b) Turn Marcus in.
(c) Turn herself in.
(d) Tell the police the truth.
8. What is the main character of a literary narrative, around whom the events of the narrative's plot revolve?
9. In Chapter 11, Steve and Jonah spend the day putting up a barrier in front of what in the house?
(a) The staircase.
(b) The broken window.
(c) The front door.
(d) The piano.
10. Who is Marcus's girlfriend in the novel?
11. Who does Ronnie meet that seems somewhat frightening in his intensity and his sudden interest in her in Chapter 3?
12. Ronnie calls Steve to pick her up where in Chapter 11?
(a) Will's house.
(b) The bus station.
(c) Her mother's house.
(d) The police station.
13. What does Marcus do an act with on the pier for money?
(a) A lion.
(b) A snake.
14. What happens when Ronnie exits the store after her friend in Chapter 10?
(a) A bomb goes off.
(b) Will runs up.
(c) The alarms go off.
(d) She trips on the sidewalk.
15. What is Ronnie's last name in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets spilled on Ronnie's shirt in Chapter 3?
2. What refers to the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces in literature?
3. Ronnie breaks up a fight at the snack bar when she notices what in Chapter 5?
4. Will's friend becomes upset when Will turns down a date with his ex-girlfriend in Chapter 5, because it means who will not go out then?
5. What is Ronnie's mother's name?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)