|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marcus insists on sitting next to whom when he arrives in Chapter 8?
2. Ronnie learns that who is Will's ex-girlfriend in Chapter 14?
3. What is the main character of a literary narrative, around whom the events of the narrative's plot revolve?
4. Will approaches Ronnie on the beach in Chapter 12, and says he is there to do what?
(a) Burn the egg nest.
(b) Kill the baby seals.
(c) Mark the turtle egg nest.
(d) Kill the raccoons.
5. What gets spilled on Ronnie's shirt in Chapter 3?
(a) A milkshake.
(b) A Coke.
(c) A wine-cooler.
(d) A beer.
6. Ronnie tells Blaze about what problems in Chapter 8?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her legal problems.
(c) Her grades.
(d) Her mental problems.
7. Steve has gone out of his way to alter meals to accommodate what dietary conditions of Ronnie in the novel?
(a) She's allergic to fish.
(b) She's vegetarian.
(c) She's diabetic.
(d) She's hypoglycemic.
8. What happens when Ronnie exits the store after her friend in Chapter 10?
(a) The alarms go off.
(b) Will runs up.
(c) A bomb goes off.
(d) She trips on the sidewalk.
9. Ronnie breaks up a fight at the snack bar when she notices what in Chapter 5?
(a) A lost toddler.
(b) A woman crying.
(c) A stray dog.
(d) A hundred dollar bill.
10. Where does Will work in the novel?
(a) Blakelee Brakes.
(b) Anderson Farms.
(c) Barnicle Bill's Salloon.
(d) Mitchell's Bakery.
11. When confronted by Ronnie in Chapter 12, Blaze tells her she won't help her for fear of whom?
(a) Her father.
(d) The police.
12. What does Ronnie begin to do when she arrives home in Chapter 14?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Break the window.
13. What does Ronnie accuse Will of not doing when she confronts him in Chapter 13?
(a) Calling for the police.
(b) Telling the truth.
(c) Calling her.
(d) Protecting the turtle eggs.
14. What sports game does Ronnie watch while at the beach in Chapter 3?
(a) Yacht race.
15. How old is Ronnie in the beginning of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Steve and Jonah spend the day putting up a barrier in front of what in the house?
2. What is taking place at the beach when Ronnie arrives in Chapter 3?
3. Who comes up to Ronnie and tells her that Will is a serial dater in Chapter 14?
4. Kim once told a marriage counselor that it was what that left Steve unable to share his feelings?
5. What is Ronnie's mother's name?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)