|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ronnie live with her mother?
(b) New Hampshire.
(c) New York.
2. Who is Ronnie's younger brother?
3. What does Steve do as he waits for his ex-wife to arrive in Chapter 2?
(a) Plays piano.
(b) Plays guitar.
(d) Plays violin.
4. Where does Will work in the novel?
(a) Blakelee Brakes.
(b) Anderson Farms.
(c) Mitchell's Bakery.
(d) Barnicle Bill's Salloon.
5. Who cannot stop thinking about Ronnie in Chapter 7?
(c) Pastor Harris.
6. In Chapter 11, Steve and Jonah spend the day putting up a barrier in front of what in the house?
(a) The piano.
(b) The broken window.
(c) The staircase.
(d) The front door.
7. What is Ronnie's father's name?
8. To what local hangout does Ronnie go with Marcus and Blaze in Chapter 5?
(a) Raylee's Curve.
(b) Dead Man's Peak.
(c) Anderson Point.
(d) Bower's Point.
9. Who overhears and tells Ronnie's dad where she has gone in Chapter 5?
10. What does Blaze slip into Ronnie's bag before leaving in Chapter 10?
(a) CDs and 45s.
(b) A cassette tape.
11. In Chapter 10, at the party, Marcus makes a point of making it appear that Ronnie is what?
(a) Taking drugs.
(b) Coming onto him.
12. Who is Marcus's girlfriend in the novel?
13. Where does Ronnie find her friend in Chapter 10?
(a) A book store.
(b) A candy store.
(c) A music store.
(d) A grocery store.
14. Who does Ronnie meet that seems somewhat frightening in his intensity and his sudden interest in her in Chapter 3?
15. What does Ronnie begin to do when she arrives home in Chapter 14?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Break the window.
(c) Take a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
2. When Marcus hits on Ronnie in Chapter 3, she brushes him off and goes to join whom?
3. What is Steve making for the church that was damaged in a fire the previous spring in the novel?
4. What kind of shirt does Ronnie buy to cover her stained one in Chapter 3?
5. How old is Ronnie in the beginning of the story?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)