|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ronnie insist on sleeping in Chapter 11?
(a) In her room.
(b) In her brother's room.
(c) On the couch.
(d) On the beach.
2. What kind of shirt does Ronnie buy to cover her stained one in Chapter 3?
(c) Spongebob Squarepants.
(d) Kermit the Frog.
3. Will's friend becomes upset when Will turns down a date with his ex-girlfriend in Chapter 5, because it means who will not go out then?
4. In Chapter 10, at the party, Marcus makes a point of making it appear that Ronnie is what?
(a) Taking drugs.
(b) Coming onto him.
5. Who cannot stop thinking about Ronnie in Chapter 7?
(b) Pastor Harris.
6. What refers to the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces in literature?
7. Will approaches Ronnie on the beach in Chapter 12, and says he is there working as a volunteer for what?
(a) The university.
(b) The aquarium.
(c) The police.
(d) The fire department.
8. When confronted by Ronnie in Chapter 12, Blaze tells her she won't help her for fear of whom?
(b) Her father.
(d) The police.
9. What does Ronnie begin to do when she arrives home in Chapter 14?
(b) Break the window.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Take a bath.
10. Who does Ronnie meet that seems somewhat frightening in his intensity and his sudden interest in her in Chapter 3?
11. What does Ronnie try to get Blaze to do when she finds her in Chapter 12?
(a) Tell the police the truth.
(b) Tell her father the truth.
(c) Turn herself in.
(d) Turn Marcus in.
12. What is Blaze's real name in the novel?
13. What is Steve making for the church that was damaged in a fire the previous spring in the novel?
(a) An apse.
(b) An entrance door.
(c) A stained glass window.
(d) A sign.
14. What does Marcus do an act with on the pier for money?
(b) A lion.
(c) A snake.
15. Steve has gone out of his way to alter meals to accommodate what dietary conditions of Ronnie in the novel?
(a) She's allergic to fish.
(b) She's diabetic.
(c) She's vegetarian.
(d) She's hypoglycemic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ronnie's younger brother?
2. Where does Ronnie find her friend in Chapter 10?
3. Steve shows Ronnie what on the beach in Chapter 11?
4. Ronnie tells Blaze about what problems in Chapter 8?
5. Ronnie was something of a child prodigy at what when she was younger?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)