|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Will's ex-girlfriend in the novel?
2. In Chapter 17, Ronnie wakes to find her father outside speaking with Pastor Harris and whom?
(a) Officer Pete.
3. What is Ronnie's last name in the novel?
4. What sports game does Ronnie watch while at the beach in Chapter 3?
(d) Yacht race.
5. Steve has gone out of his way to alter meals to accommodate what dietary conditions of Ronnie in the novel?
(a) She's allergic to fish.
(b) She's vegetarian.
(c) She's diabetic.
(d) She's hypoglycemic.
6. Who does Ronnie run into when she leaves the house in Chapter 6?
(a) Pastor Harris.
7. What does Marcus do an act with on the pier for money?
(b) A lion.
(c) A snake.
8. What is the name of Will's childhood best friend in the novel?
9. What does Steve say when he hears Ronnie's story about what happened in Chapter 11?
(a) He believes her.
(b) He's sending her home.
(c) She is grounded.
(d) He thinks she's lying.
10. In the Prologue, Ronnie thinks of when it all began and shows her mother a news article about what?
(a) A church fire.
(b) A murder.
(c) A lost child.
(d) A bank robbery.
11. What kind of shirt does Ronnie buy to cover her stained one in Chapter 3?
(a) Spongebob Squarepants.
(d) Kermit the Frog.
12. Ronnie learns that who is Will's ex-girlfriend in Chapter 14?
13. What refers to a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
14. Who does Ronnie have breakfast with in Chapter 12?
(a) Blaze and Marcus.
(b) Blaze and Will.
(c) Steve and Jonah.
(d) Will and Scott.
15. What is taking place at the beach when Ronnie arrives in Chapter 3?
(a) A rock concert.
(b) A swimsuit contest.
(c) A carnival.
(d) A protest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marcus invites Ronnie where before leaving in Chapter 8?
2. How long does Will wait on the beach before Ronnie comes out to speak to him in Chapter 14?
3. The cage that Will describes coming the following day is to protect from what, in Chapter 12?
4. Who does Steve spend the day with in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 14, Ronnie goes to watch Will play in what?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)