|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl who runs into Ronnie on the beach in Chapter 3?
2. Marcus insists on sitting next to whom when he arrives in Chapter 8?
3. What is Steve making for the church that was damaged in a fire the previous spring in the novel?
(a) An entrance door.
(b) A stained glass window.
(c) An apse.
(d) A sign.
4. What happens when Ronnie exits the store after her friend in Chapter 10?
(a) She trips on the sidewalk.
(b) A bomb goes off.
(c) Will runs up.
(d) The alarms go off.
5. Where does Ronnie insist on sleeping in Chapter 11?
(a) In her brother's room.
(b) On the couch.
(c) In her room.
(d) On the beach.
6. In Chapter 1, Ronnie has not spoken to her father in how long?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 3 years.
7. The morning after Ronnie is brought home by Steve's friend in Chapter 6, Ronnie is surprised that her father doesn't what?
(a) Spank her.
(b) Send her to her mother.
(c) Take her car.
(d) Ground her.
8. What does Ronnie try to get Blaze to do when she finds her in Chapter 12?
(a) Tell the police the truth.
(b) Turn herself in.
(c) Turn Marcus in.
(d) Tell her father the truth.
9. Who cannot stop thinking about Ronnie in Chapter 7?
(b) Pastor Harris.
10. Marcus and his friends come in and start a fight with who over a secret they all share from the previous spring in Chapter 5?
11. In Chapter 14, Ronnie goes to watch Will play in what?
(a) A baseball game.
(b) A volleyball game.
(c) A tennis match.
(d) A concert.
12. Ronnie breaks up a fight at the snack bar when she notices what in Chapter 5?
(a) A stray dog.
(b) A woman crying.
(c) A lost toddler.
(d) A hundred dollar bill.
13. Who is Marcus's girlfriend in the novel?
14. What does Ronnie see Marcus playing with on the beach in Chapter 14?
(a) A beach ball.
(b) A surboard.
(c) A frisbee.
(d) A fireball.
15. What does Marcus do an act with on the pier for money?
(a) A lion.
(b) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve do as he waits for his ex-wife to arrive in Chapter 2?
2. What refers to a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
3. What does Blaze slip into Ronnie's bag before leaving in Chapter 10?
4. What refers to the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces in literature?
5. As Ronnie prepares for bed in Chapter 12, she sees what approaching the turtle nest?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)