|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blaze slip into Ronnie's bag before leaving in Chapter 10?
(b) CDs and 45s.
(d) A cassette tape.
2. When Marcus hits on Ronnie in Chapter 3, she brushes him off and goes to join whom?
3. What does Marcus do an act with on the pier for money?
(a) A snake.
(c) A lion.
4. In what month is Ronnie's birthday?
5. What does Ronnie begin to do when she arrives home in Chapter 14?
(b) Break the window.
(c) Take a bath.
(d) Take a nap.
6. In the Prologue, Ronnie thinks of when it all began and shows her mother a news article about what?
(a) A lost child.
(b) A murder.
(c) A church fire.
(d) A bank robbery.
7. Before she leaves in Chapter 10, Ronnie hears her father playing some music she once played where?
(c) Carnegie Hall.
(d) Anderson Hall.
8. What does Ronnie see Marcus playing with on the beach in Chapter 14?
(a) A surboard.
(b) A fireball.
(c) A frisbee.
(d) A beach ball.
9. What happens when Ronnie exits the store after her friend in Chapter 10?
(a) She trips on the sidewalk.
(b) Will runs up.
(c) A bomb goes off.
(d) The alarms go off.
10. Where does Ronnie live with her mother?
(a) New Hampshire.
(d) New York.
11. What refers to a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
12. In Chapter 1, Ronnie has not spoken to her father in how long?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
13. What is Ronnie's father's name?
14. What is Ronnie's mother's name?
15. What is the name of Will's childhood best friend in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ronnie insist on sleeping in Chapter 11?
2. In Chapter 14, Ronnie goes to watch Will play in what?
3. Where does Marcus suggest he and Ronnie run away to in Chapter 4?
4. How old is Ronnie in the beginning of the story?
5. Who overhears and tells Ronnie's dad where she has gone in Chapter 5?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)