|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, Ronnie thinks of when it all began and shows her mother a news article about what?
(a) A murder.
(b) A lost child.
(c) A bank robbery.
(d) A church fire.
2. Where did Steve teach for many years before relocating?
3. What does Ronnie see Marcus playing with on the beach in Chapter 14?
(a) A beach ball.
(b) A surboard.
(c) A frisbee.
(d) A fireball.
4. What is Ronnie's last name in the novel?
5. What does Steve do as he waits up for Ronnie in Chapter 9?
(a) Plays guiltar.
(c) Plays cello.
(d) Plays piano.
6. What does Steve do as he waits for his ex-wife to arrive in Chapter 2?
(b) Plays violin.
(c) Plays guitar.
(d) Plays piano.
7. Ronnie was something of a child prodigy at what when she was younger?
8. Steve thinks of whose death in Chapter 9?
(a) His mother's.
(b) His sister's.
(c) His wife's.
(d) His father's.
9. When Marcus hits on Ronnie in Chapter 3, she brushes him off and goes to join whom?
10. What is the main character of a literary narrative, around whom the events of the narrative's plot revolve?
11. What gets spilled on Ronnie's shirt in Chapter 3?
(a) A wine-cooler.
(b) A milkshake.
(c) A beer.
(d) A Coke.
12. What is Ronnie's mother's name?
13. What is the name of Will's childhood best friend in the novel?
14. Ronnie tells Blaze about what problems in Chapter 8?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her mental problems.
(c) Her grades.
(d) Her legal problems.
15. To what local hangout does Ronnie go with Marcus and Blaze in Chapter 5?
(a) Raylee's Curve.
(b) Anderson Point.
(c) Dead Man's Peak.
(d) Bower's Point.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is taking place at the beach when Ronnie arrives in Chapter 3?
2. Who does Ronnie go looking for the next morning after the party in Chapter 10?
3. What is the name of the girl who runs into Ronnie on the beach in Chapter 3?
4. What does Ronnie begin to do when she arrives home in Chapter 14?
5. What refers to a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)