|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what local hangout does Ronnie go with Marcus and Blaze in Chapter 5?
(a) Raylee's Curve.
(b) Bower's Point.
(c) Dead Man's Peak.
(d) Anderson Point.
2. What is Steve making for the church that was damaged in a fire the previous spring in the novel?
(a) An apse.
(b) A sign.
(c) An entrance door.
(d) A stained glass window.
3. Before she leaves in Chapter 10, Ronnie hears her father playing some music she once played where?
(c) Carnegie Hall.
(d) Anderson Hall.
4. How old is Ronnie in the beginning of the story?
5. Who cannot stop thinking about Ronnie in Chapter 7?
(d) Pastor Harris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ronnie exits the store after her friend in Chapter 10?
2. What refers to a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
3. Whose funeral is Ronnie preparing to attend in the Prologue?
4. What in literature refers to the author's providing of some background information to the audience about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
5. Kim once told a marriage counselor that it was what that left Steve unable to share his feelings?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)