|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does the Esquibel family tend to lean toward?
2. Where does Rocio end up being "transported" into directly from the "gray room"?
(a) The "ivory room".
(b) The "yellow room".
(c) The "purple room".
(d) The "blue room".
3. Which of the following ages is mentioned as that of Nieves' first child at the time of the death of Nieves' first husband?
(a) Three days old.
(b) Eight months old.
(c) Two years old.
(d) Six weeks old.
4. What does the willow tree down the street provide for Rocio, her family, and neighbors?
(a) A great hiding place.
(b) A backdrop for family gatherings and photos.
(c) Plenty of shade.
(d) Breathtaking beauty.
5. Overall, how can the celebration of Christmas at the Esquibel home best be described?
6. Whose image appears in the luminescent sliding picture in Nieves' closet?
7. Who has divided Rocio's street into different parts?
(a) The town's mayor.
(b) The Homeowners' Association
(c) Rocio and other children who live on her same block.
(d) The state Governor.
8. Which of the words below can best describe the Christmas gifts that Rocio and her sister, Mercy receive from their mother?
9. How many sets of guest towels are stored in the Esquibels' bathroom closet?
10. Who does Rocio tell about the imaginary rooms that she "visits" in her dreams?
11. Which of the following states is home to Rocio?
(d) New Mexico.
12. How many boys grew up on Rocio's street, and became wealthy later in life?
13. What type of level is determined and assigned to the residents of Rocio's street, depending on the location of certain trees?
14. Which of the following tends to inspire Nieves the most in relation to her choice of Christmas gifts for her daughters?
(b) The girls' personalities.
(d) The girls' wishes.
15. Which of the following items is not noted as being in the bathroom closet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fruit tree is located on a vacant lot down the street from Rocio's home?
2. What type of dessert is served as part of the Esquibel's family Christmas dinner?
3. Where has Rocio's father moved?
4. How does the man of the house next door to that of Rocio and her family appear to be to Rocio and her sister?
5. Aside from Esquibel family members, which of the following normally become recipients of a couple of gifts from under the Esquibel Christmas tree?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)