|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following states is home to Rocio?
(b) New Mexico.
2. Aside from Esquibel family members, which of the following normally become recipients of a couple of gifts from under the Esquibel Christmas tree?
(a) Rocio's and Mercy's teachers.
(b) The poor in Mexico.
(c) The Esquibels' neighbors across the street.
(d) The poor people at the church that the Esquibels attend.
3. Which of the following families lives next door to Rocio?
(a) The Culvers.
(b) The Athertons.
(c) The Espinosas.
(d) The Millers.
4. How does the man of the house next door to that of Rocio and her family appear to be to Rocio and her sister?
(a) Distant and aloof.
(b) Lean and mean.
(c) Fun-loving and gregarious.
(d) Warm and friendly.
5. Where does the "marking off" tree on Rocio's street stand?
(a) In Rocio's front neighbor's front yard.
(b) In Rocio's front yard.
(c) In the corner lot.
(d) In a vacant lot.
6. Which of the following ages is mentioned as that of Nieves' first child at the time of the death of Nieves' first husband?
(a) Eight months old.
(b) Six weeks old.
(c) Two years old.
(d) Three days old.
7. Which aspect of Christmas is not mentioned in relation to the Esquibels' yuletide observance?
(a) Christmas tree.
8. How much money is Rocio prepared to spend on a gift for her mother?
(a) Forty-five dollars.
(b) Seven dollars.
(c) Three dollars.
(d) Twenty-two dollars.
9. What type of level is determined and assigned to the residents of Rocio's street, depending on the location of certain trees?
10. Which of the following item types are not mentioned as being among the things in the television closet?
(b) Prom dresses.
11. Who is mentioned as having been Nieves' first husband?
(a) Alejandro Cano Salazar.
(b) Jorge Manuel Imaba.
(c) Juan Luz Contreras.
(d) Francisco Vargas Valenzuela.
12. What does Rocio see as she is "flying" into the universe?
(c) The Earth beneath her.
13. What takes place every Christmas at the Esquibel home?
(a) Christmas carolers stop by the Esquibel home and sing.
(b) Rocio and Mercy receive gifts from a previous Christmas.
(c) The Esquibels host their annual Christmas open house party.
(d) Nieves and her daughters make Christmas candy.
14. Which of the following events largely contributes toward enriching the cultural mix in Rocio's neighborhood?
(a) The Annual Fourth of July Celebration.
(b) Latino and Anglo families living together.
(c) The Annual Multi-Cultural Festival.
(d) African-American and Latino families living together.
15. Who has gifted one of the Esquibels with most of the gifts under the Esquibel family Christmas tree?
(a) Nieves' students.
(b) Family friends.
(d) Rocio's sister, Mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Overall, how can the celebration of Christmas at the Esquibel home best be described?
2. What type of fruit tree is located on a vacant lot down the street from Rocio's home?
3. Which of the following items is not noted as being in the bathroom closet?
4. Which of the following is mentioned as having been the cause of the death of Nieves' first husband?
5. Which of the following memorable events that has occurred in Nieves' life is documented via a photograph in her closet?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)