|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following country's poor are to receive the rummage in the living room closet in the Esquibel home?
2. Who wore Nieves' wedding dress for her own wedding?
3. Which of the following is Nieves' profession?
4. Which of the following adjectives is not descriptive of Nieves' nature?
5. Who narrates the story?
6. What article of clothing did the young man whom Rocio secretly admires inadvertently leave at her house?
(a) A tee shirt.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A tie.
(d) A sweatshirt.
7. What is the main course at the Esquibel's family Christmas dinner?
(a) Roast leg of lamb.
(b) Pot roast.
(c) Roast chicken.
(d) Roast turkey.
8. Which of the following ages is mentioned as that of Nieves' first child at the time of the death of Nieves' first husband?
(a) Two years old.
(b) Three days old.
(c) Eight months old.
(d) Six weeks old.
9. Which part of the street is Rocio's home located on?
(a) The "Up" part.
(b) The "Middle" part.
(c) The "Last" part.
(d) The "Down" part.
10. Which of the following families lives next door to Rocio?
(a) The Millers.
(b) The Espinosas.
(c) The Culvers.
(d) The Athertons.
11. Where has Rocio's father moved?
(a) To northern Texas.
(b) To northern New Mexico.
(c) To southern Maine.
(d) To upstate New York.
12. Overall, how can the celebration of Christmas at the Esquibel home best be described?
13. What does the man of the house next to Rocio's work on during every spare moment that he has?
(a) His lawn.
(b) Cleaning his garage.
(c) His car.
(d) Repairing his house.
14. Which of the following memorable events that has occurred in Nieves' life is documented via a photograph in her closet?
(a) Her second wedding.
(b) Her 15th birthday celebration.
(c) Her high school graduation.
(d) Her first wedding.
15. Which of the following is mentioned as having been the cause of the death of Nieves' first husband?
(a) He drank acid.
(b) He was hit by a car.
(c) He fell off a roof and broke his neck.
(d) He drowned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following item types are not mentioned as being among the things in the television closet?
2. How does Rocio feel about the celebration of Christmas at her house?
3. What does Rocio do in relation to the small window in the bathroom?
4. How much money is Rocio prepared to spend on a gift for her mother?
5. Where happens to the gift that Rocio gives her mother for Christmas?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)