|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rocio do in relation to the small window in the bathroom?
(a) She decorates it with a curtain.
(b) She smokes and exhales out the window.
(c) She hangs a prism over its glass portion.
(d) She complains that it is too small.
2. Which of the following is Nieves' profession?
3. Which of the following set types of everyday work apparel can be found in Nieves' closet?
4. Which of the following items does Rocio buy as a Christmas gift for her mother, Nieves?
(a) A beret.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A new purse.
(d) A cologne set.
5. Aside from Esquibel family members, which of the following normally become recipients of a couple of gifts from under the Esquibel Christmas tree?
(a) Rocio's and Mercy's teachers.
(b) The Esquibels' neighbors across the street.
(c) The poor in Mexico.
(d) The poor people at the church that the Esquibels attend.
6. Aside from food, which of the following is stored in the Esquibels' kitchen?
(a) A lawn mower.
(b) A bushel of pine cones.
(c) A washing machine.
(d) Her mother's memories.
7. Which part of the street is Rocio's home located on?
(a) The "Down" part.
(b) The "Up" part.
(c) The "Last" part.
(d) The "Middle" part.
8. Which of the following items is not noted as being in the bathroom closet?
9. What does the willow tree down the street provide for Rocio, her family, and neighbors?
(a) A great hiding place.
(b) Breathtaking beauty.
(c) Plenty of shade.
(d) A backdrop for family gatherings and photos.
10. What type of disposition does the eldest son of Rocio's next door neighbors seem to have?
(a) An animal meanness type of disposition.
(b) A submissive type of disposition.
(c) A gregarious type of disposition.
(d) A passive type of disposition.
11. Which of the following is the nationality of Rocio's family?
12. Which of the following tends to inspire Nieves the most in relation to her choice of Christmas gifts for her daughters?
(c) The girls' wishes.
(d) The girls' personalities.
13. What does the ashtray with cigarette butts that Nieves keeps on a shelf close to the table supposed to signify?
(a) The last time that Rocio and Mercy's father visited them.
(b) The last time that Nieves lit up a cigarette.
(c) Do not smoke in this house.
(d) Smoking kills.
14. Which of the following events largely contributes toward enriching the cultural mix in Rocio's neighborhood?
(a) African-American and Latino families living together.
(b) Latino and Anglo families living together.
(c) The Annual Fourth of July Celebration.
(d) The Annual Multi-Cultural Festival.
15. Which of the following may have committed a mistake leading to the death of Nieves' first husband?
(a) The local doctor.
(b) The postman.
(c) Nieves' husband himself.
(d) The local druggist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following types of closets is not mentioned as being among those in the Esquibel home?
2. Who has divided Rocio's street into different parts?
3. Who is the young man whom Rocio secretly admires?
4. Which of the following item types are among those found on the shelves in Nieves' closet?
5. Which of the following families lives next door to Rocio?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)