|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following gifts does Nieves remember giving to Mercy one Christmas?
(a) Nieves does not remember any Christmas gift that she has given to Mercy.
(b) A book of poems.
(c) A pair of roller skates.
(d) A play house.
2. Which of the following types of closets is not mentioned as being among those in the Esquibel home?
(a) Utility Room Closet.
(b) Television Room Closet.
(c) Bathroom Closet.
(d) Living Room Closet.
3. Which of the following set types of everyday work apparel can be found in Nieves' closet?
4. Which of Rocio's relatives moves away from the neighborhood?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her grandmother.
5. What type of fruit tree is located on a vacant lot down the street from Rocio's home?
6. What does Nieves do with the Christmas present that she receives from Rocio?
(a) She uses it and stores it.away.
(b) She does not use it nor store it away.
(c) She does not use it and stores it away.
(d) She uses it and does not store it away.
7. Who does Rocio tell about the imaginary rooms that she "visits" in her dreams?
8. Which of the following states is home to Rocio?
(c) New Mexico.
9. Overall, how can the celebration of Christmas at the Esquibel home best be described?
10. How much money is Rocio prepared to spend on a gift for her mother?
(a) Three dollars.
(b) Seven dollars.
(c) Forty-five dollars.
(d) Twenty-two dollars.
11. What was the occasion for the young man whom Rocio secretly admires to visit her home?
(a) A Christmas celebration.
(b) A Halloween party.
(c) A Valentine's Day party.
(d) A Fourth of July celebration.
12. What store is Rocio doing her Christmas shopping in as the Evening in Paris section of the book begins?
(b) Dina's Country Store.
(d) The Christmas Shoppe.
13. Aside from food, which of the following is stored in the Esquibels' kitchen?
(a) A bushel of pine cones.
(b) A lawn mower.
(c) A washing machine.
(d) Her mother's memories.
14. Which of the following families lives next door to Rocio?
(a) The Millers.
(b) The Culvers.
(c) The Athertons.
(d) The Espinosas.
15. Who is mentioned as having been Nieves' first husband?
(a) Alejandro Cano Salazar.
(b) Juan Luz Contreras.
(c) Francisco Vargas Valenzuela.
(d) Jorge Manuel Imaba.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rocio end up being "transported" into directly from the "gray room"?
2. Which of the following is the living room closet in Rocio's house considered as being?
3. What does Rocio's neighbors' eldest son systematically do to the willow tree?
4. Which of the following is the location of the imaginary "gray room" that Rocio "visits" during her naps?
5. Where do Rocio's neighbors send their eldest son to live?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)