|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following tends to inspire Nieves the most in relation to her choice of Christmas gifts for her daughters?
(b) The girls' wishes.
(d) The girls' personalities.
2. What is the main course at the Esquibel's family Christmas dinner?
(a) Roast chicken.
(b) Roast turkey.
(c) Roast leg of lamb.
(d) Pot roast.
3. What does Rocio's neighbors' eldest son systematically do to the willow tree?
(a) Feeds it.
(b) Waters it.
(c) Destroys it.
(d) Prunes it.
4. Which of the words below can best describe the Christmas gifts that Rocio and her sister, Mercy receive from their mother?
5. What type of disposition does the eldest son of Rocio's next door neighbors seem to have?
(a) A passive type of disposition.
(b) A gregarious type of disposition.
(c) An animal meanness type of disposition.
(d) A submissive type of disposition.
6. Which of the following items is not noted as being in the bathroom closet?
7. What does Nieves do with the Christmas present that she receives from Rocio?
(a) She uses it and does not store it away.
(b) She uses it and stores it.away.
(c) She does not use it and stores it away.
(d) She does not use it nor store it away.
8. Where do Rocio's neighbors send their eldest son to live?
(a) To his Uncle Earlon's.
(b) To a home for disturbed boys.
(c) To a prep school in England.
(d) To his Aunt Dorothy's.
9. What do Rocio and Mercy do instead of taking an imposed nap?
(a) They explore Nieves' closet.
(b) They go swimming.
(c) They watch television.
(d) They eat watermelon.
10. Which of the following gifts does Nieves remember giving to Rocio one Christmas?
(a) Nieves does not remember what gift she has given to Rocio.
(b) A book of poiems.
(c) Her first bicycle.
(d) Her first Barbie doll.
11. Which aspect of Christmas is not mentioned in relation to the Esquibels' yuletide observance?
(c) Christmas tree.
12. What does Rocio see as she is "flying" into the universe?
(d) The Earth beneath her.
13. What does the man of the house next to Rocio's work on during every spare moment that he has?
(a) His lawn.
(b) Repairing his house.
(c) His car.
(d) Cleaning his garage.
14. What was the occasion for the young man whom Rocio secretly admires to visit her home?
(a) A Valentine's Day party.
(b) A Halloween party.
(c) A Fourth of July celebration.
(d) A Christmas celebration.
15. Which of the following item types are among those found on the shelves in Nieves' closet?
(b) Fresh linens.
(c) Old records.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sets of guest towels are stored in the Esquibels' bathroom closet?
2. Who is the recipient of most of the presents under the Esquibel family Christmas tree?
3. Which of the following country's poor are to receive the rummage in the living room closet in the Esquibel home?
4. What store is Rocio doing her Christmas shopping in as the Evening in Paris section of the book begins?
5. What does Rocio do in relation to the small window in the bathroom?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)