|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of the street is Rocio's home located on?
(a) The "Last" part.
(b) The "Down" part.
(c) The "Up" part.
(d) The "Middle" part.
2. Where does the "marking off" tree on Rocio's street stand?
(a) In the corner lot.
(b) In Rocio's front neighbor's front yard.
(c) In a vacant lot.
(d) In Rocio's front yard.
3. Where does Rocio end up being "transported" into directly from the "gray room"?
(a) The "purple room".
(b) The "blue room".
(c) The "yellow room".
(d) The "ivory room".
4. What does Rocio's neighbors' eldest son systematically do to the willow tree?
(a) Destroys it.
(b) Prunes it.
(c) Waters it.
(d) Feeds it.
5. Which of the following families lives next door to Rocio?
(a) The Athertons.
(b) The Millers.
(c) The Espinosas.
(d) The Culvers.
6. Which of the following events marks the end of Rocio's childhood?
(a) The end of her last school term.
(b) The loss of a certain tree.
(c) Winter's end.
(d) Three (3) of her best friends moving away from the neighborhood.
7. Ultimately, where do Rocio's dreams take her?
(a) To the sun.
(b) To the planet Jupiter.
(c) To the moon.
(d) To the universe.
8. What type of dessert is served as part of the Esquibel's family Christmas dinner?
(a) Apple pie.
(d) Baked Alaska.
9. Aside from Esquibel family members, which of the following normally become recipients of a couple of gifts from under the Esquibel Christmas tree?
(a) Rocio's and Mercy's teachers.
(b) The Esquibels' neighbors across the street.
(c) The poor people at the church that the Esquibels attend.
(d) The poor in Mexico.
10. What type of level is determined and assigned to the residents of Rocio's street, depending on the location of certain trees?
11. Which of the following may have committed a mistake leading to the death of Nieves' first husband?
(a) Nieves' husband himself.
(b) The local doctor.
(c) The postman.
(d) The local druggist.
12. What is the main course at the Esquibel's family Christmas dinner?
(a) Pot roast.
(b) Roast chicken.
(c) Roast leg of lamb.
(d) Roast turkey.
13. How is Rocio related to Mercy?
(a) Rocio is Mercy's sister.
(b) Rocio is Mercy's niece.
(c) Rocio is Mercy's cousin.
(d) Rocio is Mercy's aunt.
14. What do Rocio and Mercy do instead of taking an imposed nap?
(a) They watch television.
(b) They eat watermelon.
(c) They go swimming.
(d) They explore Nieves' closet.
15. What religion does the Esquibel family tend to lean toward?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following item types are among those found on the shelves in Nieves' closet?
2. Which of the following states is home to Rocio?
3. Who has gifted one of the Esquibels with most of the gifts under the Esquibel family Christmas tree?
4. Whose image appears in the luminescent sliding picture in Nieves' closet?
5. Aside from food, which of the following is stored in the Esquibels' kitchen?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)