|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wore Nieves' wedding dress for her own wedding?
2. Which of the following item types are among those found on the shelves in Nieves' closet?
(a) Old records.
(d) Fresh linens.
3. Which of the following memorable events that has occurred in Nieves' life is documented via a photograph in her closet?
(a) Her 15th birthday celebration.
(b) Her second wedding.
(c) Her first wedding.
(d) Her high school graduation.
4. Which of the following events marks the end of Rocio's childhood?
(a) The end of her last school term.
(b) Three (3) of her best friends moving away from the neighborhood.
(c) The loss of a certain tree.
(d) Winter's end.
5. Who narrates the story?
6. Which of Rocio's relatives moves away from the neighborhood?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her grandmother.
7. Ultimately, where do Rocio's dreams take her?
(a) To the universe.
(b) To the sun.
(c) To the moon.
(d) To the planet Jupiter.
8. Where does Rocio end up being "transported" into directly from the "gray room"?
(a) The "ivory room".
(b) The "yellow room".
(c) The "purple room".
(d) The "blue room".
9. What is the large item mentioned as being stored in the living room closet at the Esquibel home?
(a) A large map book.
(b) A large family photo.
(c) A large country basket.
(d) A large umbrella.
10. Which of the following item types are not mentioned as being among the things in the television closet?
(d) Prom dresses.
11. Where has Rocio's father moved?
(a) To northern New Mexico.
(b) To southern Maine.
(c) To northern Texas.
(d) To upstate New York.
12. What does Rocio do in relation to the small window in the bathroom?
(a) She hangs a prism over its glass portion.
(b) She complains that it is too small.
(c) She smokes and exhales out the window.
(d) She decorates it with a curtain.
13. Which of the following may have committed a mistake leading to the death of Nieves' first husband?
(a) Nieves' husband himself.
(b) The postman.
(c) The local doctor.
(d) The local druggist.
14. What article of clothing did the young man whom Rocio secretly admires inadvertently leave at her house?
(a) A tee shirt.
(b) A tie.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A sweatshirt.
15. How many sets of guest towels are stored in the Esquibels' bathroom closet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of the street is Rocio's home located on?
2. Which of the following tends to inspire Nieves the most in relation to her choice of Christmas gifts for her daughters?
3. Which of the following set types of everyday work apparel can be found in Nieves' closet?
4. Who has gifted one of the Esquibels with most of the gifts under the Esquibel family Christmas tree?
5. What does Nieves do with the Christmas present that she receives from Rocio?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)