|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sets of guest towels are stored in the Esquibels' bathroom closet?
2. Which city does Rocio mention as her dream destination to spend an evening?
3. Who has gifted one of the Esquibels with most of the gifts under the Esquibel family Christmas tree?
(a) Rocio's sister, Mercy.
(c) Nieves' students.
(d) Family friends.
4. What does the ashtray with cigarette butts that Nieves keeps on a shelf close to the table supposed to signify?
(a) The last time that Rocio and Mercy's father visited them.
(b) Do not smoke in this house.
(c) Smoking kills.
(d) The last time that Nieves lit up a cigarette.
5. What takes place every Christmas at the Esquibel home?
(a) Rocio and Mercy receive gifts from a previous Christmas.
(b) The Esquibels host their annual Christmas open house party.
(c) Nieves and her daughters make Christmas candy.
(d) Christmas carolers stop by the Esquibel home and sing.
6. Who is the recipient of most of the presents under the Esquibel family Christmas tree?
(b) Rocio and Mercy's father.
7. What is the large item mentioned as being stored in the living room closet at the Esquibel home?
(a) A large family photo.
(b) A large country basket.
(c) A large map book.
(d) A large umbrella.
8. Which of the following is the location of the imaginary "gray room" that Rocio "visits" during her naps?
(a) In the tool shed behind Rocio's home.
(b) Beneath Rocio's family home.
(c) In the oak tree in Rocio's backyard.
(d) In the attic of Rocio's family home.
9. Who has divided Rocio's street into different parts?
(a) Rocio and other children who live on her same block.
(b) The state Governor.
(c) The Homeowners' Association
(d) The town's mayor.
10. What religion does the Esquibel family tend to lean toward?
11. Which of the following ages is mentioned as that of Nieves' first child at the time of the death of Nieves' first husband?
(a) Two years old.
(b) Six weeks old.
(c) Three days old.
(d) Eight months old.
12. Which of the following item types are not mentioned as being among the things in the television closet?
(b) Prom dresses.
13. Which of the following may have committed a mistake leading to the death of Nieves' first husband?
(a) The local doctor.
(b) The postman.
(c) Nieves' husband himself.
(d) The local druggist.
14. The loss of which of the following prompts Rocio, her sister, and her mother to grieve?
(a) The mother's wedding ring.
(b) The family pet dog, Petunia.
(c) The family photo collection.
(d) The willow tree.
15. What does Nieves do with the Christmas present that she receives from Rocio?
(a) She uses it and stores it.away.
(b) She does not use it and stores it away.
(c) She does not use it nor store it away.
(d) She uses it and does not store it away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject matter of the home movies in Nieves' closet?
2. Where happens to the gift that Rocio gives her mother for Christmas?
3. What was the occasion for the young man whom Rocio secretly admires to visit her home?
4. How much money is Rocio prepared to spend on a gift for her mother?
5. How many members comprise Rocio's family?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)