|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ultimately, where do Rocio's dreams take her?
(a) To the planet Jupiter.
(b) To the universe.
(c) To the moon.
(d) To the sun.
2. Which of the following is mentioned as having been the cause of the death of Nieves' first husband?
(a) He drank acid.
(b) He was hit by a car.
(c) He fell off a roof and broke his neck.
(d) He drowned.
3. Where do Rocio's neighbors send their eldest son to live?
(a) To his Aunt Dorothy's.
(b) To a home for disturbed boys.
(c) To his Uncle Earlon's.
(d) To a prep school in England.
4. What is the name of Rocio's neighbors' eldest son?
5. Who is the young man whom Rocio secretly admires?
6. What Christmas year is being reminisced about at the beginning of the Evening in Paris section of the book?
7. Overall, how can the celebration of Christmas at the Esquibel home best be described?
8. What is the subject matter of the home movies in Nieves' closet?
(a) Nieves' children's appearances in their respective school plays.
(b) The children in front of the willow tree.
(c) The Annual Multi-Cultural Festival.
(d) Nieves' family moving into their present home.
9. Who does Rocio tell about the imaginary rooms that she "visits" in her dreams?
10. How does the man of the house next door to that of Rocio and her family appear to be to Rocio and her sister?
(a) Fun-loving and gregarious.
(b) Lean and mean.
(c) Warm and friendly.
(d) Distant and aloof.
11. Which of the following is mentioned as the name of Nieves' first child?
12. What was the occasion for the young man whom Rocio secretly admires to visit her home?
(a) A Valentine's Day party.
(b) A Halloween party.
(c) A Christmas celebration.
(d) A Fourth of July celebration.
13. Where does Rocio end up being "transported" into directly from the "gray room"?
(a) The "ivory room".
(b) The "blue room".
(c) The "yellow room".
(d) The "purple room".
14. How many members comprise Rocio's family?
15. Where does the "marking off" tree on Rocio's street stand?
(a) In a vacant lot.
(b) In Rocio's front neighbor's front yard.
(c) In Rocio's front yard.
(d) In the corner lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following item types are among those found on the shelves in Nieves' closet?
2. How do the next door neighbors come across to Rocio and her sister?
3. Which of the following tends to inspire Nieves the most in relation to her choice of Christmas gifts for her daughters?
4. Which of the following events marks the end of Rocio's childhood?
5. Where has Rocio's father moved?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)