|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What store is Rocio doing her Christmas shopping in as the Evening in Paris section of the book begins?
(a) Dina's Country Store.
(c) The Christmas Shoppe.
2. Which of the following events largely contributes toward enriching the cultural mix in Rocio's neighborhood?
(a) The Annual Fourth of July Celebration.
(b) Latino and Anglo families living together.
(c) African-American and Latino families living together.
(d) The Annual Multi-Cultural Festival.
3. Who is the young man whom Rocio secretly admires?
4. Who wore Nieves' wedding dress for her own wedding?
5. What do Rocio and Mercy do instead of taking an imposed nap?
(a) They watch television.
(b) They eat watermelon.
(c) They go swimming.
(d) They explore Nieves' closet.
6. How does Rocio feel about the celebration of Christmas at her house?
(a) She looks forward to it.
(b) She thinks that it is too festive for her taste.
(c) She resents it.
(d) She thoroughly enjoys it.
7. What type of tree does Rocio's mother plant?
8. Which of the following set types of everyday work apparel can be found in Nieves' closet?
9. What type of fruit tree is located on a vacant lot down the street from Rocio's home?
10. Which of the following country's poor are to receive the rummage in the living room closet in the Esquibel home?
11. Aside from food, which of the following is stored in the Esquibels' kitchen?
(a) A washing machine.
(b) A lawn mower.
(c) Her mother's memories.
(d) A bushel of pine cones.
12. Which of the following is the favorite tree among the children who live in Rocio's neighborhood?
13. Who does Rocio tell about the imaginary rooms that she "visits" in her dreams?
14. What does the ashtray with cigarette butts that Nieves keeps on a shelf close to the table supposed to signify?
(a) The last time that Nieves lit up a cigarette.
(b) The last time that Rocio and Mercy's father visited them.
(c) Smoking kills.
(d) Do not smoke in this house.
15. What is the large item mentioned as being stored in the living room closet at the Esquibel home?
(a) A large umbrella.
(b) A large map book.
(c) A large country basket.
(d) A large family photo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aside from Esquibel family members, which of the following normally become recipients of a couple of gifts from under the Esquibel Christmas tree?
2. What was the occasion for the young man whom Rocio secretly admires to visit her home?
3. How much money is Rocio prepared to spend on a gift for her mother?
4. What is the main course at the Esquibel's family Christmas dinner?
5. Which city does Rocio mention as her dream destination to spend an evening?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)