|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following set types of everyday work apparel can be found in Nieves' closet?
2. Which of the following is mentioned as the name of Nieves' first child?
3. Where has Rocio's father moved?
(a) To upstate New York.
(b) To northern New Mexico.
(c) To northern Texas.
(d) To southern Maine.
4. What does Nieves do with the Christmas present that she receives from Rocio?
(a) She uses it and does not store it away.
(b) She does not use it nor store it away.
(c) She does not use it and stores it away.
(d) She uses it and stores it.away.
5. What does Rocio see as she is "flying" into the universe?
(a) The Earth beneath her.
6. What does Rocio hear upon "flying" into the universe?
(a) Gusty wind.
(b) Bells ringing.
(c) A harp being played.
(d) The formless spirits of dead relatives.
7. Which of the words below can best describe the Christmas gifts that Rocio and her sister, Mercy receive from their mother?
8. Which of the following items does Rocio buy as a Christmas gift for her mother, Nieves?
(a) A cologne set.
(b) A beret.
(c) A new purse.
(d) A scarf.
9. How many boys grew up on Rocio's street, and became wealthy later in life?
10. Which of the following adjectives is not descriptive of Nieves' nature?
11. What type of level is determined and assigned to the residents of Rocio's street, depending on the location of certain trees?
12. What type of disposition does the eldest son of Rocio's next door neighbors seem to have?
(a) An animal meanness type of disposition.
(b) A passive type of disposition.
(c) A gregarious type of disposition.
(d) A submissive type of disposition.
13. Who wore Nieves' wedding dress for her own wedding?
14. Which of the following is mentioned as having been the cause of the death of Nieves' first husband?
(a) He was hit by a car.
(b) He fell off a roof and broke his neck.
(c) He drank acid.
(d) He drowned.
15. What do Rocio and Mercy do instead of taking an imposed nap?
(a) They eat watermelon.
(b) They watch television.
(c) They explore Nieves' closet.
(d) They go swimming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aside from food, which of the following is stored in the Esquibels' kitchen?
2. Who is mentioned as having been Nieves' first husband?
3. Which of the following is the living room closet in Rocio's house considered as being?
4. What does the ashtray with cigarette butts that Nieves keeps on a shelf close to the table supposed to signify?
5. Which of Rocio's relatives moves away from the neighborhood?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)