|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ashtray with cigarette butts that Nieves keeps on a shelf close to the table supposed to signify?
(a) Do not smoke in this house.
(b) Smoking kills.
(c) The last time that Nieves lit up a cigarette.
(d) The last time that Rocio and Mercy's father visited them.
2. How many sets of guest towels are stored in the Esquibels' bathroom closet?
3. Which of the following is the living room closet in Rocio's house considered as being?
(a) The Aromatic Closet.
(b) The Guest Closet.
(c) The Christmas Wrapping Supplies Closet.
(d) The Office Supply Closet.
4. What store is Rocio doing her Christmas shopping in as the Evening in Paris section of the book begins?
(a) The Christmas Shoppe.
(b) Dina's Country Store.
5. Which of the following tends to inspire Nieves the most in relation to her choice of Christmas gifts for her daughters?
(a) The girls' personalities.
(d) The girls' wishes.
6. Where does the "marking off" tree on Rocio's street stand?
(a) In the corner lot.
(b) In Rocio's front yard.
(c) In Rocio's front neighbor's front yard.
(d) In a vacant lot.
7. Which of the following is the location of the imaginary "gray room" that Rocio "visits" during her naps?
(a) In the attic of Rocio's family home.
(b) In the oak tree in Rocio's backyard.
(c) In the tool shed behind Rocio's home.
(d) Beneath Rocio's family home.
8. Which of the following set types of everyday work apparel can be found in Nieves' closet?
9. Which of the following events marks the end of Rocio's childhood?
(a) The loss of a certain tree.
(b) Three (3) of her best friends moving away from the neighborhood.
(c) Winter's end.
(d) The end of her last school term.
10. What does Rocio see as she is "flying" into the universe?
(c) The Earth beneath her.
11. Which of the following item types are among those found on the shelves in Nieves' closet?
(a) Fresh linens.
(b) Old records.
12. Which of the following is mentioned as the name of Nieves' first child?
13. What does the man of the house next to Rocio's work on during every spare moment that he has?
(a) Repairing his house.
(b) Cleaning his garage.
(c) His car.
(d) His lawn.
14. What type of fruit tree is located on a vacant lot down the street from Rocio's home?
15. How many boys grew up on Rocio's street, and became wealthy later in life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following memorable events that has occurred in Nieves' life is documented via a photograph in her closet?
2. What does Rocio do in relation to the small window in the bathroom?
3. How does Rocio feel about the celebration of Christmas at her house?
4. Who has divided Rocio's street into different parts?
5. What is the name of Rocio's neighbors' eldest son?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)