|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following item types are not mentioned as being among the things in the television closet?
(c) Prom dresses.
2. What type of dessert is served as part of the Esquibel's family Christmas dinner?
(c) Baked Alaska.
(d) Apple pie.
3. What does Rocio's neighbors' eldest son systematically do to the willow tree?
(a) Prunes it.
(b) Feeds it.
(c) Destroys it.
(d) Waters it.
4. What article of clothing did the young man whom Rocio secretly admires inadvertently leave at her house?
(a) A tie.
(b) A tee shirt.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A sweatshirt.
5. Which of the following items does Rocio buy as a Christmas gift for her mother, Nieves?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A new purse.
(c) A cologne set.
(d) A beret.
6. Which city does Rocio mention as her dream destination to spend an evening?
7. What does Nieves do with the Christmas present that she receives from Rocio?
(a) She does not use it nor store it away.
(b) She does not use it and stores it away.
(c) She uses it and does not store it away.
(d) She uses it and stores it.away.
8. Who has divided Rocio's street into different parts?
(a) Rocio and other children who live on her same block.
(b) The town's mayor.
(c) The state Governor.
(d) The Homeowners' Association
9. Which of the following item types are among those found on the shelves in Nieves' closet?
(a) Old records.
(d) Fresh linens.
10. What does the man of the house next to Rocio's work on during every spare moment that he has?
(a) Cleaning his garage.
(b) His car.
(c) His lawn.
(d) Repairing his house.
11. What is the name of Rocio's neighbors' eldest son?
12. What does the willow tree down the street provide for Rocio, her family, and neighbors?
(a) A great hiding place.
(b) A backdrop for family gatherings and photos.
(c) Breathtaking beauty.
(d) Plenty of shade.
13. What takes place every Christmas at the Esquibel home?
(a) Nieves and her daughters make Christmas candy.
(b) Christmas carolers stop by the Esquibel home and sing.
(c) The Esquibels host their annual Christmas open house party.
(d) Rocio and Mercy receive gifts from a previous Christmas.
14. Which of the following trees on Rocio's tree is considered to have the most character?
15. Who is the recipient of most of the presents under the Esquibel family Christmas tree?
(a) Rocio and Mercy's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is Rocio prepared to spend on a gift for her mother?
2. Who is mentioned as having been Nieves' first husband?
3. How does Rocio feel about the celebration of Christmas at her house?
4. How many members comprise Rocio's family?
5. Which of the following ages is mentioned as that of Nieves' first child at the time of the death of Nieves' first husband?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)