|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of disposition does the eldest son of Rocio's next door neighbors seem to have?
(a) A gregarious type of disposition.
(b) A passive type of disposition.
(c) An animal meanness type of disposition.
(d) A submissive type of disposition.
2. What is the main course at the Esquibel's family Christmas dinner?
(a) Pot roast.
(b) Roast turkey.
(c) Roast leg of lamb.
(d) Roast chicken.
3. What takes place every Christmas at the Esquibel home?
(a) Christmas carolers stop by the Esquibel home and sing.
(b) Nieves and her daughters make Christmas candy.
(c) Rocio and Mercy receive gifts from a previous Christmas.
(d) The Esquibels host their annual Christmas open house party.
4. What religion does the Esquibel family tend to lean toward?
5. Which of the following states is home to Rocio?
(a) New Mexico.
6. Where does Rocio end up being "transported" into directly from the "gray room"?
(a) The "yellow room".
(b) The "ivory room".
(c) The "blue room".
(d) The "purple room".
7. Aside from Esquibel family members, which of the following normally become recipients of a couple of gifts from under the Esquibel Christmas tree?
(a) The poor people at the church that the Esquibels attend.
(b) The Esquibels' neighbors across the street.
(c) Rocio's and Mercy's teachers.
(d) The poor in Mexico.
8. Which part of Rocio's street is the actual location of the town in which Rocio lives?
(a) The "Middle" part.
(b) The "Up" part.
(c) The "Down" part.
(d) The "Last" part.
9. Where do Rocio's neighbors send their eldest son to live?
(a) To his Aunt Dorothy's.
(b) To a home for disturbed boys.
(c) To a prep school in England.
(d) To his Uncle Earlon's.
10. What was the occasion for the young man whom Rocio secretly admires to visit her home?
(a) A Christmas celebration.
(b) A Fourth of July celebration.
(c) A Valentine's Day party.
(d) A Halloween party.
11. Which of the following item types are among those found on the shelves in Nieves' closet?
(a) Fresh linens.
(b) Old records.
12. Which of the following item types are not mentioned as being among the things in the television closet?
(c) Prom dresses.
13. What is the large item mentioned as being stored in the living room closet at the Esquibel home?
(a) A large umbrella.
(b) A large family photo.
(c) A large country basket.
(d) A large map book.
14. Where has Rocio's father moved?
(a) To southern Maine.
(b) To northern Texas.
(c) To upstate New York.
(d) To northern New Mexico.
15. How many members comprise Rocio's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the willow tree down the street provide for Rocio, her family, and neighbors?
2. Who has divided Rocio's street into different parts?
3. Aside from food, which of the following is stored in the Esquibels' kitchen?
4. Who is mentioned as having been Nieves' first husband?
5. What is the name of Rocio's mother?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)