|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rocio see as she is "flying" into the universe?
(a) The Earth beneath her.
2. Which of the following is mentioned as the name of Nieves' first child?
3. Who narrates the story?
4. Which of the following memorable events that has occurred in Nieves' life is documented via a photograph in her closet?
(a) Her high school graduation.
(b) Her second wedding.
(c) Her first wedding.
(d) Her 15th birthday celebration.
5. Who is the young man whom Rocio secretly admires?
6. What does Rocio's neighbors' eldest son systematically do to the willow tree?
(a) Destroys it.
(b) Prunes it.
(c) Waters it.
(d) Feeds it.
7. Which part of the street is Rocio's home located on?
(a) The "Down" part.
(b) The "Middle" part.
(c) The "Last" part.
(d) The "Up" part.
8. What was the occasion for the young man whom Rocio secretly admires to visit her home?
(a) A Christmas celebration.
(b) A Valentine's Day party.
(c) A Halloween party.
(d) A Fourth of July celebration.
9. What does Rocio do in relation to the small window in the bathroom?
(a) She complains that it is too small.
(b) She smokes and exhales out the window.
(c) She decorates it with a curtain.
(d) She hangs a prism over its glass portion.
10. How does the man of the house next door to that of Rocio and her family appear to be to Rocio and her sister?
(a) Distant and aloof.
(b) Lean and mean.
(c) Warm and friendly.
(d) Fun-loving and gregarious.
11. What does the man of the house next to Rocio's work on during every spare moment that he has?
(a) Repairing his house.
(b) His lawn.
(c) His car.
(d) Cleaning his garage.
12. Where happens to the gift that Rocio gives her mother for Christmas?
(a) Nieves tucks it away in her purse.
(b) It is tucked away In the living room closet.
(c) It is stored on the kitchen shelf.
(d) It is placed in a prominent spot on Nieves' vanity table.
13. Which of the following is mentioned as having been the cause of the death of Nieves' first husband?
(a) He drank acid.
(b) He fell off a roof and broke his neck.
(c) He drowned.
(d) He was hit by a car.
14. What is the main course at the Esquibel's family Christmas dinner?
(a) Pot roast.
(b) Roast leg of lamb.
(c) Roast turkey.
(d) Roast chicken.
15. What does Rocio hear upon "flying" into the universe?
(a) A harp being played.
(b) Bells ringing.
(c) The formless spirits of dead relatives.
(d) Gusty wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following types of closets is not mentioned as being among those in the Esquibel home?
2. How much money is Rocio prepared to spend on a gift for her mother?
3. Where has Rocio's father moved?
4. Where does Rocio end up being "transported" into directly from the "gray room"?
5. Whose image appears in the luminescent sliding picture in Nieves' closet?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)