|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Golda and Ernie decide there is no time left to do?
(a) Find a rabbi to marry them.
(b) Tell their families about their wedding.
(c) Invite their friends to their wedding.
(d) Set up a canopy for their wedding.
2. What were the prisoners instructed to take with them to the baths?
(a) Their identification.
(b) Their soap and toiletries.
(c) Their valuables and papers.
(d) Their suitcases and clothing.
3. What does Herschel Grynszpan do that affects all Jews in Germany?
(a) Attempts to shoot the Fuehrer.
(b) Shoots a Nazi officer.
(c) Shoots the secretary of the German embassy in Paris.
(d) Shoots his mother and his father.
4. Why did the Jews in Germany not believe the warning signs of their destruction?
(a) They did not believe the Nazis would lie.
(b) They believed their suffering served an ultimate purpose.
(c) They did not believe that human beings could behave like the Nazis.
(d) They believed God would ultimately rescue them.
5. Why does Herschel Grynszpan's action frighten all German Jews?
(a) There would be Nazi retribution.
(b) Police would search everywhere for him.
(c) They would be deported.
(d) He would be executed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the democracies of the world respond to German anti-semitism?
2. What is Vernichtungswissenschaft?
3. What had Mordecai told The Association that Ernie would prove himself to be?
4. What musical instrument does Golda play?
5. What did the signs directing the prisoners to the baths say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprising request does Ernie make of the gendarmes at Drancy?
2. What changes does Madame Trochu make when she understands that Ernie is a Jew?
3. How does Ernie describe Jesus?
4. What does Ernie do to turn himself into a dog?
5. What causes the Levy family the first tinge of fear that life in France will be the equivalent of their lives in Germany?
6. What part does the music of the band play in the successful extermination of the Jews?
7. What happens to Ernie in the infirmary where he is put to recover from his torture session?
8. Why do the SS men torture Ernie for his request to enter the camp at Drancy?
9. What do the old men of The Association of Zemyock say it is useless to do with any Levy?
10. To what does Ernie attribute Golda's modest wishes?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)