|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the democracies of the world respond to German anti-semitism?
(a) By supporting the founding of Israel.
(b) By refusing to accept Jewish immigrants.
(c) By offering to take Jewish immigrants.
(d) By refusing to buy their exports.
2. How does Ernie respond when reprimanded by the doctor for telling the children their experience was just a dream?
(a) "My words will come to pass."
(b) "There is no room for truth here."
(c) "This is actually just a dream."
(d) "These children deserve some peace."
3. What is Ernie unable to determine about the children who crowd around him in the boxcar?
(a) If any of them understand what he is saying.
(b) If any of them are still alive.
(c) If any of them hear him speaking.
(d) If any of them are still awake.
4. What does Ernie dream as he is being repaired in the Jewish hospital?
(a) He has returned to Stillenstadt.
(b) He is being married.
(c) He has died and gone to heaven.
(d) He is a child at home.
5. Which of the travelers in the freight car with Ernie and Golda found "true consolation"?
(a) Those who helped others.
(b) Those who overcame their fear.
(c) Those who died.
(d) Those who prayed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herschel Grynszpan do that affects all Jews in Germany?
2. What does Ernie call the members of The Association that pleases them?
3. How is Golda, the red-haired girl Ernie rescues from the Nazi bullies, deformed?
4. What were the prisoners instructed to take with them to the baths?
5. What does the SS aide say that Ernie's case reminds him of?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)