|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When France surrenders, what happens to Ernie's family interred at Gurs?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are set free.
(c) They are delivered to Nazi extermination camps.
(d) They are deported.
2. What happens to Ernie's body when he gets out of the boxcar?
(a) He weeps blood.
(b) His ears bleed.
(c) He sweats blood.
(d) His wounds bleed.
3. What does Ernie pray will be taken from his heart on his dream wedding day?
(a) All hatred.
(b) All Christian influence.
(c) All sorrow.
(d) All desire for revenge.
4. What does the aide request of the SS officer?
(a) Permission to torture Ernie.
(b) Permission to cry.
(c) Permission to leave the room during the interrogation.
(d) Permission to laugh.
5. What is Ernie unable to determine about the children who crowd around him in the boxcar?
(a) If any of them hear him speaking.
(b) If any of them are still alive.
(c) If any of them understand what he is saying.
(d) If any of them are still awake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the SS officers tell the Jewish prisoners that the men will be doing?
2. Why did the Jews in Germany not believe the warning signs of their destruction?
3. What do the Jews continue to do in 1943 despite ever-increasing danger?
4. What were the prisoners instructed to take with them to the baths?
5. While the Jewish children in Germany are being taught self-destruction, what are the German children taught?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)