Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the prisoners instructed to take with them to the baths?
(a) Their valuables and papers.
(b) Their suitcases and clothing.
(c) Their identification.
(d) Their soap and toiletries.
2. What unusual request does Ernie make of the gendarmes in Drancy?
(a) Admission to the concentration camp.
(b) Identification of the concentration camp's inhabitants.
(c) A visitor's pass to the concentration camp.
(d) Exemption from the concentration camp.
3. Whose example does the farmer's wife who took him in encourage Ernie to follow?
(a) The chickens.
(b) The geese.
(c) The dogs.
(d) The horses.
4. What quotation from La Pasionara is repeated in Ernie's regiment when France is defeated?
(a) "It is better to live than to die."
(b) "It is better to die on our feet than live on our knees."
(c) "It is better to live on our feet than die on our knees."
(d) "He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day."
5. While the Jewish children in Germany are being taught self-destruction, what are the German children taught?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the SS officers tell the Jewish prisoners that the men will be doing?
2. Golda, the red-haired girl Ernie rescues, tells him that the Nazis would not have taken her with them because ____________.
3. What do the Jews of Proskurov do to save themselves from persecution?
4. What does Ernie smell as he gets out of the boxcar?
5. What did many Jews believe would happen to them at Pichipoi?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)