|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ilse Bruckner first in at Ernie's school?
2. What is Mordecai's pet name for Judith?
(a) My mare.
(b) My dove.
(c) My angel.
(d) My pussycat.
3. What does Mordecai determine to teach Ernie while Ernie is still young?
(b) Who he is.
4. Why was the Rock of Woden famous?
(a) It was a remnant of a temple.
(b) Lovers had committed suicide there.
(c) It was a place for divers.
(d) It was a sacrificial altar.
5. What does Judith unwillingly consent to do for Mordecai?
(a) Become a baker.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Move to Zemyock.
(d) Become a crystal worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Woden?
2. Who overruns and destroys the Levys' village?
3. What does Ernie do with Ilse that infuriates Hans Schliemann?
4. According to Mordecai, what does the death of a Just Man change in the order of the world?
5. What does Moritz recommend to avoid persecution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ernie think when he feels no pain from the bumps and gashes he has suffered?
2. What changes does Madame Trochu make when she understands that Ernie is a Jew?
3. Why did others regard Mordecai as a fallen Levy?
4. Why are the old men of The Association of Zemyock surprised that Ernie has returned to them?
5. What solution does Moritz think would relieve the Jews of the danger involved in going to the synagogue.
6. What happens to Ernie in the infirmary where he is put to recover from his torture session?
7. Why did the colored identity cards give the Jews a false sense of security?
8. Why does Ernie decide he does not want to join the movements that are fighting back against the Nazis?
9. What does Ernie say to comfort the children in the boxcar?
10. What part does the music of the band play in the successful extermination of the Jews?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)