|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Mordecai Levy take up after harvesting potatoes?
2. What does Mordecai do in response to Ernie's act of heroism in protecting Frau Tuszynski?
(a) Mordecai tells Ernie that he is ashamed of him.
(b) Mordecai tells Ernie that they will leave Stillenstadt.
(c) Mordecai tells Ernie that he is proud of him.
(d) Mordecai tells Ernie the history of the Just Men.
3. What does Herr Kremer believe about children?
(a) They are clay to be molded.
(b) They are superior to adults.
(c) They are blank pages to be written upon.
(d) They are prone to evil.
4. What does Mordecai tell Ernie he will eventually begin to do as a Just Man?
(a) Work to save the world.
(b) Become wise.
(d) Redeem his people.
5. What does Ernie win for good performance in school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernie decide that he is after the bullying by the Plimpfe?
2. What does Herr Geek believe is his job at Ernie's school?
3. What does Mordecai want to rejuvenate his life after he can't work?
4. What does Ilse Bruckner promise Hans Schliemann when they leave Ernie?
5. What are Jews called in Herr Kremer's school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Ernie to feel hatred for the first time?
2. What rationale does Rabbi Yom Tov Levy offer for the mass murder and suicide he instigates?
3. What does Herr Kremer mean when he says the child is descended from the man?
4. Why do Mordecai and Judith decide that Benjamin is like a mosquito?
5. What does Ernie think when he feels no pain from the bumps and gashes he has suffered?
6. What does Ernie's act of stepping forward to protest the treatment of Frau Tuszynski cause Mordecai to do?
7. What solution does Moritz think would relieve the Jews of the danger involved in going to the synagogue.
8. What does Benjamin imagine will happen to the Jews as they become acquainted with Germans?
9. Why did others regard Mordecai as a fallen Levy?
10. What does Ernie do to ease the emptiness in his heart after the beating?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)