|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vernichtungswissenschaft?
(a) The science of cleansing.
(b) The science of torture.
(c) The science of massacre.
(d) The science of biology.
2. How is Golda, the red-haired girl Ernie rescues from the Nazi bullies, deformed?
(a) One hand is paralyzed.
(b) One foot is larger.
(c) One leg is shorter.
(d) One arm is longer.
3. What happened to Ernie's face as he gained weight?
(a) It became droopy.
(b) It became thinner.
(c) It became flabby.
(d) It became unrecognizeable.
4. What does Herschel Grynszpan do that affects all Jews in Germany?
(a) Shoots his mother and his father.
(b) Shoots a Nazi officer.
(c) Attempts to shoot the Fuehrer.
(d) Shoots the secretary of the German embassy in Paris.
5. In a letter, what does Benjamin Levy tell his soldier son that being a Jew is?
(d) An honor.
6. What did the signs directing the prisoners to the baths say?
(a) "To the baths and cafeteria."
(b) "To the baths and dormitories."
(c) "To the baths and inhalations."
(d) "To the baths and dining hall."
7. When France surrenders, what happens to Ernie's family interred at Gurs?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are set free.
(c) They are delivered to Nazi extermination camps.
(d) They are deported.
8. In his isolation from his family and companions, what does Ernie decide to become?
(a) A fly.
(b) A flea.
(c) A dog.
(d) Lord of the flies.
9. Where did Ernie tell the children they would find happiness?
(c) The Kingdom of Israel.
10. What word do the members of The Association of Old Zenyock have trouble pronouncing?
11. In his wedding dream, what shows up at the windows?
12. What musical instrument does Golda play?
(a) The harmonica.
(b) The harp.
(c) The violin.
(d) The piano.
13. What does Ernie call the members of The Association that pleases them?
(c) Just Men.
14. What does Ernie believe is written on his face?
(a) The death of the Jewish people.
(b) The evacuation of the Jewish people.
(c) The future of the Jewish people.
(d) The hope of the Jewish people.
15. What work does Ernie find in Paris?
(a) Machine operator.
(b) Bicycle messenger.
(c) Apprentice tailor.
(d) Crystal maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lifesaving device was distributed to all workmen except Jews?
2. Which of the travelers in the freight car with Ernie and Golda found "true consolation"?
3. What did the SS man instruct the prisoners that the gas in the bathhouse would do?
4. What does the aide request of the SS officer?
5. What was the "Final Solution"?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)