|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the farmer's wife find out that changes her attitude toward Ernie?
(a) Pierre is coming home.
(b) Ernie is an Israelite.
(c) An Israelite is a Jew.
(d) Ernie is not French.
2. How did the SS officers calm and reassure the prisoners upon their arrival?
(a) Had a band play music for them.
(b) Gave them work assignments.
(c) Gave them soup to eat.
(d) Showed them their sleeping quarters.
3. What was Golda's impossible desire?
(a) To eat all the fruit she wanted.
(b) To walk through Paris with Ernie without their stars.
(c) To leave Europe altogether.
(d) To have a Paris designer gown.
4. In the hospital, what does Ernie pray to God to do?
(a) Save his family.
(b) Destroy the Nazis.
(c) Bring the Messiah.
(d) Change the government.
5. What does Ernie feel toward his whole family as he lies in the hospital bed?
6. What lifesaving device was distributed to all workmen except Jews?
(a) Gas masks.
(b) Ear plugs.
7. What does the SS officer suspect Ernie of doing?
(a) Spying for the Americans.
(b) Trying to carry a message into the camp.
(c) Spying for the Russians.
(d) Trying to get a message out from the camp.
8. How does Mordecai view Jewish suffering?
(a) As mankind's sacrificial offering to God.
(b) As senseless torment.
(c) As retribution for sin.
(d) As the triumph of the wicked.
9. What happens to hundreds of German Jewish boys in 1934?
(a) They form gangs.
(b) They flee the country.
(c) They convert to Christianity.
(d) They committ suicide.
10. What musical instrument does Golda play?
(a) The violin.
(b) The harp.
(c) The piano.
(d) The harmonica.
11. What does Ernie agree to do with The Association?
(a) Go to their dances.
(b) Live with them.
(c) Sign up to join.
(d) Publicize their meetings.
12. Which of the travelers in the freight car with Ernie and Golda found "true consolation"?
(a) Those who died.
(b) Those who overcame their fear.
(c) Those who helped others.
(d) Those who prayed.
13. What is Ernie unable to determine about the children who crowd around him in the boxcar?
(a) If any of them are still alive.
(b) If any of them hear him speaking.
(c) If any of them understand what he is saying.
(d) If any of them are still awake.
14. What had Mordecai told The Association that Ernie would prove himself to be?
(a) An imposter.
(b) A Just Man of the Levy family.
(c) An unknown Just Man.
(d) A genius.
15. What was the "Final Solution"?
(a) Extermination of the Jews.
(b) Deportation of the Jews.
(c) Acceptance of the Jews.
(d) Rescue of the Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernie feel after rescuing Golda, the red-haired girl?
2. What is in the bridal chamber when Ernie and Golda first enter in Ernie's dream?
3. What does Ernie pray will be taken from his heart on his dream wedding day?
4. What do the Jews of Proskurov do to save themselves from persecution?
5. Where did Ernie find work in 1943?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)