|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his wedding dream, what shows up at the windows?
2. What does Ernie's moustache cause him to resemble?
(a) A St. Bernard.
(b) A Great Dane.
(c) A hound.
(d) A poodle.
3. How does the Levy family support itself in Paris at first?
(a) On Benjamin's tailoring.
(b) On Mordecai's crystal work.
(c) On state subsidies.
(d) On their savings.
4. What was Ernie's assignment in the French army?
(a) Stretcher bearer.
(b) Calvary man.
5. What actually awaited the Jews at Pichipoi?
(a) They would be granted homesteads.
(b) They would be shipped to Israel.
(c) They would be killed.
(d) They would be allowed a fresh start.
6. What does the SS aide say that Ernie's case reminds him of?
(a) Those who avoid torture.
(b) Those who die under torture.
(c) Those who are terrified of torture.
(d) Those who request torture.
7. To the Germans the Levys are Jews, but what are they to the French?
(c) Illegal immigrants.
8. How did the democracies of the world respond to German anti-semitism?
(a) By refusing to accept Jewish immigrants.
(b) By offering to take Jewish immigrants.
(c) By supporting the founding of Israel.
(d) By refusing to buy their exports.
9. What does Ernie do to get the attention of the military in Drancy?
(a) Demands admission to the camp.
(b) Tears off his gold star.
(c) Faints in the street.
(d) Attacks an officer.
10. What does Ernie agree to do with The Association?
(a) Go to their dances.
(b) Sign up to join.
(c) Publicize their meetings.
(d) Live with them.
11. What does Ernie call the members of The Association that pleases them?
(b) Just Men.
12. What is the last thing Ernie promises the children?
(a) They will not be imprisoned.
(b) He will go into the kingdom with them.
(c) He will keep them safe from harm.
(d) They will not be killed.
13. What were suicidal Jews at Buchenwald requested to do?
(a) Turn in their personal possessions.
(b) Leave the room.
(c) Wait to be killed.
(d) Put identification in their mouths.
14. What animal does Ernie ultimately dream he becomes?
(a) A snail.
(b) A rat.
(c) A cockroach.
(d) An amoeba.
15. Why does Judith tell their donors that they should thank her?
(a) God will repay them fifty times.
(b) God will repay them twice over.
(c) God will repay them tenfold.
(d) God will repay them a hundredfold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernie feel after rescuing Golda, the red-haired girl?
2. What does the aide request of the SS officer?
3. What happens to hundreds of German Jewish boys in 1934?
4. What kind of dogs do the SS officers bring with them to help manage the people in the boxcars?
5. What did the signs directing the prisoners to the baths say?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)