Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the prisoners instructed to take with them to the baths?
(a) Their valuables and papers.
(b) Their suitcases and clothing.
(c) Their identification.
(d) Their soap and toiletries.
2. What unusual request does Ernie make of the gendarmes in Drancy?
(a) Admission to the concentration camp.
(b) Identification of the concentration camp's inhabitants.
(c) A visitor's pass to the concentration camp.
(d) Exemption from the concentration camp.
3. Whose example does the farmer's wife who took him in encourage Ernie to follow?
(a) The chickens.
(b) The geese.
(c) The dogs.
(d) The horses.
4. What quotation from La Pasionara is repeated in Ernie's regiment when France is defeated?
(a) "It is better to live than to die."
(b) "It is better to die on our feet than live on our knees."
(c) "It is better to live on our feet than die on our knees."
(d) "He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day."
5. While the Jewish children in Germany are being taught self-destruction, what are the German children taught?
6. What do the SS officers tell the Jewish prisoners that the men will be doing?
(a) Building offices and apartments.
(b) Clearing forests.
(c) Building bridges.
(d) Building houses and roads.
7. Golda, the red-haired girl Ernie rescues, tells him that the Nazis would not have taken her with them because ____________.
(a) She is stronger than they were.
(b) She isn't pretty enough.
(c) They were about to leave.
(d) Her older brother was coming to protect her.
8. What do the Jews of Proskurov do to save themselves from persecution?
(a) Cry out for seven nights.
(b) Arm themselves.
(c) Store food.
(d) Dig tunnels.
9. What does Ernie smell as he gets out of the boxcar?
(a) Burning rubber.
(b) Food cooking.
(d) Organic matter burning.
10. What did many Jews believe would happen to them at Pichipoi?
(a) They would be granted homesteads.
(b) They would be killed.
(c) They would be shipped to Israel.
(d) They would be allowed a fresh start.
11. What do Golda and Ernie decide there is no time left to do?
(a) Set up a canopy for their wedding.
(b) Find a rabbi to marry them.
(c) Tell their families about their wedding.
(d) Invite their friends to their wedding.
12. What is Vernichtungswissenschaft?
(a) The science of biology.
(b) The science of cleansing.
(c) The science of torture.
(d) The science of massacre.
13. What did the signs directing the prisoners to the baths say?
(a) "To the baths and cafeteria."
(b) "To the baths and dormitories."
(c) "To the baths and inhalations."
(d) "To the baths and dining hall."
14. What are Ernie's first words as he comes to life in the hospital?
(a) "The world is going to rack and ruin."
(b) "Everything will be all right."
(c) "Be careful. They're deceiving you."
(d) "Things are not what they seem."
15. What animal does Ernie ultimately dream he becomes?
(a) A cockroach.
(b) An amoeba.
(c) A snail.
(d) A rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Golda, the red-haired girl Ernie rescues from the Nazi bullies, deformed?
2. What did the Nazi officer do with Golda's musical instrument?
3. To the Germans the Levys are Jews, but what are they to the French?
4. Where did Ernie find work in 1943?
5. What does Ernie believe is written on his face?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)