|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Nazi officer do with Golda's musical instrument?
(a) Stamped on it.
(b) Returned it to her.
(c) Taken it with him.
(d) Burned it.
2. Who takes Ernie's attention from Golda as they travel in the freight car?
(a) The officers.
(b) The children.
(c) The women.
(d) The dying.
3. Why does Judith tell their donors that they should thank her?
(a) God will repay them fifty times.
(b) God will repay them a hundredfold.
(c) God will repay them tenfold.
(d) God will repay them twice over.
4. What does Ernie believe is written on his face?
(a) The death of the Jewish people.
(b) The hope of the Jewish people.
(c) The future of the Jewish people.
(d) The evacuation of the Jewish people.
5. What happened to Ernie's face as he gained weight?
(a) It became flabby.
(b) It became unrecognizeable.
(c) It became droopy.
(d) It became thinner.
6. How was Golda's leg injured when she was a child?
(a) She was thrown from a horse.
(b) She was flung overboard in the Danube.
(c) She was thrown from a mule.
(d) She fell out of a wagon.
7. What lifesaving device was distributed to all workmen except Jews?
(a) Ear plugs.
(d) Gas masks.
8. What does Mario eat while he is living as a dog?
(a) He refuses to eat.
(b) Raw meat.
(d) Bread and water.
9. What does Ernie call the members of The Association that pleases them?
(a) Just Men.
10. Why does Ernie think that he has the soul of a cat?
(a) He feels no affection for humans.
(b) He is elusive by nature.
(c) He must be killed nine times before he dies.
(d) He is a wanderer by nature.
11. What do Golda and Ernie decide there is no time left to do?
(a) Find a rabbi to marry them.
(b) Tell their families about their wedding.
(c) Invite their friends to their wedding.
(d) Set up a canopy for their wedding.
12. What does Ernie feel toward his whole family as he lies in the hospital bed?
13. As they breathed the gas, when did Ernie promise Golda he would see her?
(b) Before the end of the world.
(c) In a little while.
(d) Before the night was over.
14. What does the aide request of the SS officer?
(a) Permission to cry.
(b) Permission to leave the room during the interrogation.
(c) Permission to laugh.
(d) Permission to torture Ernie.
15. What is Ernie's goal as a he roams the Rhone Valley?
(a) To become a civilized man.
(b) To behave as a Just Man.
(c) To cultivate his lowest instincts.
(d) To cultivate his highest instincts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the democracies of the world respond to German anti-semitism?
2. What do the Jews of Proskurov do to save themselves from persecution?
3. How long does Ernie stay in the hospital?
4. What unusual request does Ernie make of the gendarmes in Drancy?
5. In his isolation from his family and companions, what does Ernie decide to become?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)