Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had a professor from Berlin found under the moss of the rock?
(a) A swastika.
(b) An autograph of an ancient saint.
(c) A pictograph of horses.
(d) A jewel.
2. What does Mordecai tell Ernie he will eventually begin to do as a Just Man?
(a) Redeem his people.
(c) Work to save the world.
(d) Become wise.
3. What advertisement made Benjamin's tailoring shop a success?
(a) He claimed to make his customers "Gentlemen of Berlin."
(b) He claimed to know the latest styles.
(c) He claimed to make old clothes like new.
(d) He claimed to charge the lowest prices.
4. What did the Jewish elders find worst about World War I?
(a) Jews might kill each other.
(b) Jews might be barred from Israel.
(c) Jews might be exempt from fighting.
(d) Jews might be killed by Christians.
5. How did Rabbi Yom Tov Levy get his people out of the besieged watchtower of York?
(a) He dug a tunnel.
(b) He killed them.
(c) He disguised them.
(d) He offered to take their place at the stake.
6. Who is Woden?
(a) The Germanic god of water.
(b) The Germanic god of fertility.
(c) The Germanic god of war.
(d) The Germanic god of love.
7. When assigned the part of a Jew, what does Ernie refuse to do?
(a) Throw stones at Ilse.
(b) Rob a store.
(c) Pick pockets.
(d) Order the crucifixion of Christ.
8. What occupation does Mordecai Levy take up after harvesting potatoes?
9. How does Ernie reflexively defend himself against the bullying of the Pimpfe?
(a) He bites them.
(b) He stabs them.
(c) He tricks them.
(d) He kicks them.
10. What does Herr Kremer believe is more powerful than politics?
11. How does little Ernie save Frau Tuszynski from being tormented by the Nazis?
(a) When he steps forward to protect her, they are ashamed.
(b) When he steps forward to protect her, they laugh.
(c) When he steps forward to protect her, they attack him instead.
(d) When he steps forward to protect her, they are distracted.
12. What does Herr Kremer believe about children?
(a) They are blank pages to be written upon.
(b) They are superior to adults.
(c) They are prone to evil.
(d) They are clay to be molded.
13. Why does Ernie decide that he cannot be a Just Man as he cleans his wounds after the bullying?
(a) He feels anger.
(b) He feels forgiving.
(c) He feels hatred.
(d) He feels no pain.
14. Why is the village upset when Chaim Levy has more than one son?
(a) They will not know which was the Just Man.
(b) It shows that their village does not deserve a Just Man.
(c) It proves that Chaim Levy is not a Just Man.
(d) They cannot care for more than one Just Man.
15. How does Benjamin believe his success in business has helped his fellow Jews?
(a) His popularity has lowered anti-semitism in general.
(b) He has taught principles of Judaism while fitting clothes.
(c) He has referred his clients to other Jewish businesses.
(d) He has given an example of good business practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ernie join the street gang?
2. What does Mordecai do in response to Ernie's act of heroism in protecting Frau Tuszynski?
3. What does Mordecai Levy have to do to keep his potato harvesting job?
4. What does Ernie win for good performance in school?
5. What does Ilse Bruckner promise Hans Schliemann when they leave Ernie?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)