|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Just Man of the Flies, Part 5 | Chapter 4, The Just Man of the Flies, Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Benjamin believe his success in business has helped his fellow Jews?
(a) His popularity has lowered anti-semitism in general.
(b) He has referred his clients to other Jewish businesses.
(c) He has taught principles of Judaism while fitting clothes.
(d) He has given an example of good business practice.
2. When assigned the part of a Jew, what does Ernie refuse to do?
(a) Order the crucifixion of Christ.
(b) Rob a store.
(c) Pick pockets.
(d) Throw stones at Ilse.
3. What does the village girl point out to Mordecai Levy?
(a) The synagogue.
(b) The city wall.
(c) The gate to leave the city.
(d) The well.
4. What is Mordecai's pet name for Judith?
(a) My pussycat.
(b) My dove.
(c) My mare.
(d) My angel.
5. What does Moritz recommend to avoid persecution?
(a) Worship at home.
(b) Learn to speak better German.
(c) Dress like the rest of the population.
(d) Cut off earlocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the grocer's daughter react when Ernie explains why he has come to the grocery store?
2. What did Yankel, the young Galician, do when he saw the parade of fascists?
3. What is Benjamin Levy's occupation?
4. How does Chaim Levy attract the children of the village where he lives?
5. Why does Mordecai say their hearts are not entirely Jewish?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)