|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Stillenstadt, Part 5 | Chapter 3, Stillenstadt, Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yankel, the young Galician, tell Benjamin happens to his tongue?
(a) It cuts someone each time it speaks.
(b) It becomes confused and stumbles.
(c) It tells only lies.
(d) It speaks velvet words.
2. When Benjamin's hand bleeds, what do his fellow workers think about their cruelty?
(a) They have become impervious to pain.
(b) They have gone beyond forgiveness.
(c) They have become like Germans.
(d) They have literally pierced him with unkindness.
3. What does Benjamin call his wife?
(a) My dove.
(b) Little darling.
(c) Dearly beloved.
(d) Fraulein Blumenthal.
4. What occupation does Mordecai Levy take up after harvesting potatoes?
5. What does Judith do when a soldier attacks Mordecai?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She kills him.
(c) She faints.
(d) She offers herself in his place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benjamin think will make Jews become Germans?
2. Why does Mordecai Levy advise the village girl he meets to be kind to him?
3. What did Judith call Benjamin's affliction when they arrived at Stillenstadt?
4. What does Judith unwillingly consent to do for Mordecai?
5. Why is Chaim's son, the Just Man, called Brother Beast?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)