|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Stillenstadt, Part 5 | Chapter 3, Stillenstadt, Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ancient text say is the role of Israel in the world?
(a) To create the sufferings of mankind.
(b) To atone for the wrongs of mankind.
(c) To fight for justice.
(d) To take upon itself the sufferings of mankind.
2. Who overruns and destroys the Levys' village?
3. Why doesn't Judith rejoice when she becomes pregnant for the fourth time?
(a) She is afraid Mordecai will leave her.
(b) She senses something is wrong with the fetus.
(c) She can't feed more children.
(d) Her first three babies died in infancy.
4. What did Judith call Benjamin's affliction when they arrived at Stillenstadt?
(a) A sign from God.
(b) A contagion from the Germans.
(c) A cleansing force.
(d) A change of blood.
5. How does Benjamin believe his success in business has helped his fellow Jews?
(a) He has given an example of good business practice.
(b) He has referred his clients to other Jewish businesses.
(c) His popularity has lowered anti-semitism in general.
(d) He has taught principles of Judaism while fitting clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Chaim's son, the Just Man, called Brother Beast?
2. How does Benjamin defend the apostate who returns to Judaism?
3. What did Jews have to do to save their lives in York in 1185?
4. What mysterious affliction hit Benjamin when Judith and Mordecai came to Stillenstadt?
5. What does Judith unwillingly consent to do for Mordecai?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)