|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Stillenstadt, Part 5 | Chapter 3, Stillenstadt, Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the villagers of Stillenstadt call Benjamin when he arrived?
(a) A victim of Slavic persecutions.
(b) The tailor they've been waiting for.
(c) An exiled Berliner.
(d) A scapegoat.
2. What did Judith call Benjamin's affliction when they arrived at Stillenstadt?
(a) A change of blood.
(b) A cleansing force.
(c) A sign from God.
(d) A contagion from the Germans.
3. What does Benjamin think will make Jews become Germans?
4. What occupation does Mordecai Levy take up after harvesting potatoes?
5. What advertisement made Benjamin's tailoring shop a success?
(a) He claimed to make old clothes like new.
(b) He claimed to charge the lowest prices.
(c) He claimed to know the latest styles.
(d) He claimed to make his customers "Gentlemen of Berlin."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Just Man designate Benjamin as his heir?
2. What does the ancient text say is the role of Israel in the world?
3. Why is the village upset when Chaim Levy has more than one son?
4. Why doesn't Judith rejoice when she becomes pregnant for the fourth time?
5. Why does Mordecai say their hearts are not entirely Jewish?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)