|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Stillenstadt, Part 1 | Chapter 3, Stillenstadt, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jews have to do to save their lives in York in 1185?
(a) Acknowledge the passion of Jesus Christ.
(b) Evacuate the synagogue.
(c) Cut their hair.
(d) Learn to speak English.
2. What question does Judith raise that Mordecai cannot answer?
(a) Why do Just Men die in their beds?
(b) What sin have they committed?
(c) What do Just Men do for the world?
(d) Why does God require the existence of Just Men?
3. What does the legend say would happen to the world if one of the Just Men were lacking?
(a) All humanity would die.
(b) All humanity would bear its own grief.
(c) All humanity would be forced to improve.
(d) Thirty-six new Just Men would have to be found.
4. Why doesn't Judith rejoice when she becomes pregnant for the fourth time?
(a) She is afraid Mordecai will leave her.
(b) Her first three babies died in infancy.
(c) She senses something is wrong with the fetus.
(d) She can't feed more children.
5. What is each generation's joking response to "Let us speak of something gay"?
(a) What's new with the Jews?
(b) How is the Inquisition going?
(c) What's new about the war?
(d) What do you hear about the plague?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Benjamin Levy's occupation?
2. What does the village girl point out to Mordecai Levy?
3. What does the ancient text say is the role of Israel in the world?
4. What does Mordecai Levy have to do to keep his potato harvesting job?
5. What did the Jewish elders find worst about World War I?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)