|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Marriage of Ernie Levy Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mysterious affliction hit Benjamin when Judith and Mordecai came to Stillenstadt?
(a) A headache.
(b) A silence.
(c) A fever.
(d) A mental confusion.
2. What does Ernie do to get the attention of the military in Drancy?
(a) Demands admission to the camp.
(b) Faints in the street.
(c) Tears off his gold star.
(d) Attacks an officer.
3. How does the Just Man designate Benjamin as his heir?
(a) The Just Man prays for him.
(b) The Just Man kneels before him.
(c) The Just Man kisses his hand.
(d) The Just Man anoints his head.
4. What quotation from La Pasionara is repeated in Ernie's regiment when France is defeated?
(a) "It is better to live on our feet than die on our knees."
(b) "It is better to live than to die."
(c) "He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day."
(d) "It is better to die on our feet than live on our knees."
5. What does Ernie decide that he is after the bullying by the Plimpfe?
(a) A Just Man.
(c) The Just Man of the Flies.
(d) A savior to his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. To the Germans the Levys are Jews, but what are they to the French?
2. What musical instrument does Golda play?
3. What does Ernie have to sew to stay with The Association?
4. What does Moritz love best as a child?
5. What does Yankel, the young Galician, tell Benjamin happens to his tongue?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)