|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Marriage of Ernie Levy Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Benjamin decide not to tell his wife that he is a Just Man?
(a) He no longer believes in that legend.
(b) He knows it would cause her needless worry.
(c) He is sure she wouldn't marry him.
(d) He is afraid that she would leave him.
2. What does Ilse Bruckner promise Hans Schliemann when they leave Ernie?
(a) To make him pay.
(b) To tell his mother.
(c) To meet him by the school.
(d) To be his steady girlfriend.
3. When France surrenders, what happens to Ernie's family interred at Gurs?
(a) They are delivered to Nazi extermination camps.
(b) They are set free.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They are deported.
4. What does the village girl point out to Mordecai Levy?
(a) The synagogue.
(b) The well.
(c) The gate to leave the city.
(d) The city wall.
5. What are Jews called in Herr Kremer's school?
(a) Exchange students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernie decide that he is after the bullying by the Plimpfe?
2. What does Mordecai do in response to Ernie's act of heroism in protecting Frau Tuszynski?
3. What word do the members of The Association of Old Zenyock have trouble pronouncing?
4. What does Ernie call the members of The Association that pleases them?
5. What does Moritz love best as a child?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)