|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Marriage of Ernie Levy Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mordecai, why does a Just Man never have to run after suffering?
(a) It is not assigned to Just Men.
(b) It will elude him.
(c) It comes to him without being called.
(d) It will run away faster than he can chase it.
2. In his isolation from his family and companions, what does Ernie decide to become?
(a) Lord of the flies.
(b) A dog.
(c) A flea.
(d) A fly.
3. What does Mordecai believe is the significance of being Jewish?
(a) They are cursed by God.
(b) They are persecuted on behalf of the whole world.
(c) They are holier than other people.
(d) They are wiser through suffering than other peoples.
4. What does Ernie's moustache cause him to resemble?
(a) A hound.
(b) A St. Bernard.
(c) A poodle.
(d) A Great Dane.
5. What do the Jews of Proskurov do to save themselves from persecution?
(a) Cry out for seven nights.
(b) Store food.
(c) Dig tunnels.
(d) Arm themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ernie prepare himself for the pain of a Just Man's life?
2. What does the aide request of the SS officer?
3. What is "Berlin Madness"?
4. What does Ernie tell Golda Christians have done with the cross of Christ?
5. To the Germans the Levys are Jews, but what are they to the French?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)