|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, the Just Man of the Flies, Part 1 | Chapter 4, The Just Man of the Flies, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Levys never able to identify about the Just Man in their family?
(a) The identifying features of a Just Man in childhood.
(b) The purpose of a Just man.
(c) The way to treat a Just Man.
(d) The signs by which God made his choice.
2. What does Benjamin think will make Jews become Germans?
3. What does Moritz recommend to avoid persecution?
(a) Cut off earlocks.
(b) Dress like the rest of the population.
(c) Worship at home.
(d) Learn to speak better German.
4. What did Yankel, the young Galician, do when he saw the parade of fascists?
(a) He threw stones at them.
(b) He ran away from them and hid.
(c) He ran to join them.
(d) He fainted from fear.
5. How does little Ernie save Frau Tuszynski from being tormented by the Nazis?
(a) When he steps forward to protect her, they are ashamed.
(b) When he steps forward to protect her, they laugh.
(c) When he steps forward to protect her, they attack him instead.
(d) When he steps forward to protect her, they are distracted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Jews refuse to work in Polish factories when the country industrialized?
2. How does the Just Man designate Benjamin as his heir?
3. What is Mordecai's pet name for Judith?
4. What is Benjamin Levy's occupation?
5. What does the village girl point out to Mordecai Levy?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)