|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, the Just Man of the Flies, Part 1 | Chapter 4, The Just Man of the Flies, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Berlin Madness"?
(a) Using sharp words to endure distress.
(b) Public renouncing of one's religion.
(d) Forgetting one's homeland.
2. What does Yankel, the young Galician, tell Benjamin happens to his tongue?
(a) It cuts someone each time it speaks.
(b) It speaks velvet words.
(c) It becomes confused and stumbles.
(d) It tells only lies.
3. What does the village girl point out to Mordecai Levy?
(a) The gate to leave the city.
(b) The synagogue.
(c) The well.
(d) The city wall.
4. What were the Levys never able to identify about the Just Man in their family?
(a) The purpose of a Just man.
(b) The signs by which God made his choice.
(c) The identifying features of a Just Man in childhood.
(d) The way to treat a Just Man.
5. What mysterious affliction hit Benjamin when Judith and Mordecai came to Stillenstadt?
(a) A silence.
(b) A mental confusion.
(c) A headache.
(d) A fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Benjamin decide not to tell his wife that he is a Just Man?
2. Why does Mordecai Levy advise the village girl he meets to be kind to him?
3. What does Mordecai Levy have to do to keep his potato harvesting job?
4. What does Moritz recommend to avoid persecution?
5. What did Yankel, the young Galician, do to his fellow villagers?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)