Chapter One, The Legend of the Just Men | Chapter 2, Zemyock, Part 1
• Rabbi Yom Tov Levy kills Jews who are trapped by Christian soldiers.
• The Lamed-Vov are thirty-six Just Men who literally save the world, one in each generation.
• Solomon Levy, the youngest son of Rabbi Yom Tov Levy, survived to keep the line of Just Men.
• Each Just Man suffers for the world and is put to death.
Chapter 2, Zemyock, Part 2 | Chapter 2, Zemyock, Part 3
• "Brother Beast" names Joshua Levy, his nephew, as the next Just Man.
• Each Levy child lives with the question of whether he is the Just Man for his generation.
• Mordecai Levy earns a reputation as a "tough Jew," willing to fight.
• Mordecai becomes a peddler and falls in love with Judith.
Chapter 2, Zemyock, Part 4 | Chapter 2, Zemyock, Part 5
• Mordecai leaves Judith to return to Zemyock to write the history of the Levys...
This section contains 1,351 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)