Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do in between missions?
2. To which organization is the daughter of the person that Jack rents a room from, a member?
3. How many weeks after Jack's promotion is he given weekend leave?
4. What does Jack learn about parachutes?
5. Why does Jack want to join the fight against Hitler?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Jack's feeling about home in Part 1, Chapters 4-5.
2. Describe where Jack and his crew are sent on their first mission and how Jack feels about it.
3. Recall what happens to Jack and Stan once they reach the airport.
4. Explain how the idea of survival has become evident in Part 3, Chapters 13-15.
5. Describe what Jack discovers about Chuckie during the final mission.
6. Explain whom Jack meets in Miami Beach and what he fears.
7. Describe what happens during the night at the German army camp.
8. Recall what happens to Jack and his boiled egg.
9. Give a brief description of flak.
10. Explain why Willy and Karl leaving Jack and Stan is somewhat surprising?
Essay Topic 1
In The Last Mission, Godfather II is heavily hit with flak and the wing falls off causing several of the crew members to parachute into enemy territory. Several of Jack's crew mates have died, but Jack seems unable to face the reality that they are dead. Analyze how Jack deals with shock and grief in The Last Mission.
Part 1) What is grief? What can cause grief and shock?
Part 2) What happens to Jack in this section of the book that causes him to have grief and shock?
Part 3) How does Jack deal with grief? Is Jack's reaction to the death of his friends an example of his youth?
Essay Topic 2
After Jack is captured by the Germans, he is nervous they will find out he is Jewish and put him in a concentration camp or kill him. Choose one concentration camp to write a research paper about, also including a brief explanation about why the Germans tried to exterminate the Jewish people.
Essay Topic 3
Jack and Dotty's relationship is an important element to the book. Analyze the character of Dotty and examine her affect on Jack. What kind of person is Dotty? Why does Jack choose to visit her and not his own family? What is it about Dotty that Jack is drawn to?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)