|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jack and Stan escape their imprisonment?
(a) They break down the door.
(b) They slip out through a window.
(c) They dig their way out.
(d) They overpower the guards.
2. Why does Jack turn his shirt inside out after getting rid of his flight gear?
(a) To hide his military insignia.
(b) To hide the dried blood.
(c) To hide his name.
(d) To make himself appear like a peasant.
3. Where do Jack and Stan travel to after escaping?
(a) The English lines.
(b) The Russian lines.
(c) The American lines.
(d) The Austrian lines.
4. What do Jack and Stan compare the differences of?
(a) Miami and New Orleans.
(b) Buffalo and the Bronx.
(c) Buffalo and New Orleans.
(d) Brooklyn and Miami.
5. Why did Jack not want to give the person his egg at first?
(a) The child is German and his enemy.
(b) The woman is German and his enemy.
(c) He wants the egg all for himself.
(d) The old man is German and his enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The night after the Germans yelling, how many guards are watching over Jack and Stan?
2. Who gives Jack and Stan each a boiled egg?
3. After crossing into the new country, what do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers get a ride from?
4. On Jack's last mission, what happens to the lead plane?
5. Why does Jack begin to question the reasoning behind the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recall what happens during Jack's final mission.
2. Describe what happens when Jack is taken as a prisoner of war.
3. Analyze how Jack is beginning to change his view of the German people in Part 3, Chapter 16.
4. Explain how the war has taken on a new dimension for Jack.
5. Describe what happens during the night at the German army camp.
6. Describe how Jack and Stan escape the German army camp.
7. Explain how Jack can understand the German that the soldiers speak.
8. Recall what happens to Jack and his boiled egg.
9. Explain why Jack is confused over the final mission that he is assigned in Part 3, Chapter 10.
10. Describe how Jack thinks clearly after landing on enemy territory.
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)