|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ration do Jack and Stan share a half of?
2. Jack sees many Germans during his trip with the soldiers, how are they?
(a) Nervous and anxious.
(b) Injured and broken.
(c) Angry and hostile.
(d) Happy and encouraged.
3. What do two soldiers give Jack and Stan after they escape their imprisonment?
4. How do Jack and Stan escape their imprisonment?
(a) They break down the door.
(b) They overpower the guards.
(c) They slip out through a window.
(d) They dig their way out.
5. Who else is coming to fight that the German soldiers are scared of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack turn his shirt inside out after getting rid of his flight gear?
2. Where is Jack's crew assigned to fly their final bomb run over?
3. Why did Jack not want to give the person his egg at first?
4. After crossing into the new country, what do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers get a ride from?
5. Why is Jack confused about this final mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens that makes the reader believe Jack seems unwilling to accept that his crew mates are dead.
2. Explain how the war has taken on a new dimension for Jack.
3. Describe what Jack discovers about Chuckie during the final mission.
4. Describe what happens during the night at the German army camp.
5. Describe the two German soldiers, Willy and Karl, who take Jack and Stan across the countryside.
6. Recall what happens during Jack's final mission.
7. Describe what happens while Jack, Stan, Willy, and Karl are crossing into Austria.
8. Recall what happens when Jack parachutes out of the plane during the final mission.
9. Describe what happens to Dave after he and Jack parachute, analyzing Jack's reasoning.
10. Recall how Jack and Stan get back to the American lines and how they are treated.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)