|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What section of the plane does Jack see Dave, nearly suffocated, coming out of?
(b) Bomb bay.
(d) Middle of plane.
2. What does one of the German guards blame the Americans for?
(a) The death of his family.
(b) The lack of food.
(c) The death of his fallen comrade.
(d) The lack of fuel to fly his plane.
3. Where do Jack and Stan travel to after escaping?
(a) The Austrian lines.
(b) The American lines.
(c) The Russian lines.
(d) The English lines.
4. Who do the German soldiers tell Jack and Stan are coming in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) The English.
5. What does Stan tell Jack about himself?
(a) His reasons for joining the Army Air Corps, the money, and about home.
(b) How frightened he is.
(c) How many Germans he has killed.
(d) How homesick he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. While traveling in Part 3, Chapter 17, what country's plane flies over Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers and opens fire?
2. The night after the Germans yelling, how many guards are watching over Jack and Stan?
3. After being captured and while on the bus, what does Jack call out to the other passengers?
4. After heading into the woods, what does Jack come across but is too afraid to approach?
5. What does Jack see one of his crewmates doing in an effort to try and escape the bullets flying around him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens that makes the reader believe Jack seems unwilling to accept that his crew mates are dead.
2. Describe how Jack thinks clearly after landing on enemy territory.
3. Explain how Jack is captured, citing examples from the text.
4. Describe what Jack discovers about Chuckie during the final mission.
5. Describe the two German soldiers, Willy and Karl, who take Jack and Stan across the countryside.
6. Explain why Jack's birthday is so significant to his final mission that he is assigned over Czechoslovakia.
7. Explain why Willy and Karl would want to give themselves up to the Americans.
8. Recall what Jack tells the German soldier who interviews him.
9. Recall what happens to Jack and his boiled egg.
10. Explain how Jack can understand the German that the soldiers speak.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)