|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Jack's last mission, what happens to the lead plane?
(a) It is shot down.
(b) It fails to release its bombs when they reach the target area.
(c) It releases its bombs too early.
(d) It experiences engine failure and crashes.
2. How are Jack and Stan welcomed back?
3. Why is Jack confused about this final mission?
(a) He thought they were out of bombs.
(b) He does not understand why they are bombing this particular city.
(c) He thought there would be many more missions since the war has not ended.
(d) The war in Europe is reported to be nearly at an end.
4. When does the bus that Jack is waiting aboard leave?
(a) In the morning.
(b) An hour after boards.
(c) A few minutes after boards.
(d) At dusk.
5. What does Stan wonder about the German soldiers?
(a) How old they are.
(b) If they should trust them.
(c) If they will kill them.
(d) If they have girlfriends.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 13, how many German soldiers grab Jack?
2. Why are Jack and Stan, the fellow soldier that he meets, kept together?
3. Since Jack can somewhat understand the German soldiers, what does he learn from them?
4. Whom does Jack give his egg to?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what do Jack and Stan hear the Germans yelling about at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recall how Jack and Stan get back to the American lines and how they are treated.
2. Explain how Jack is captured, citing examples from the text.
3. Describe what happens while Jack, Stan, Willy, and Karl are crossing into Austria.
4. Explain how the war has taken on a new dimension for Jack.
5. Describe what happens when Jack is taken as a prisoner of war.
6. Describe what happens to Dave after he and Jack parachute, analyzing Jack's reasoning.
7. Recall what happens to Jack and his boiled egg.
8. Describe what happens during the night at the German army camp.
9. Describe how Jack and Stan escape the German army camp.
10. Explain what happens that makes the reader believe Jack seems unwilling to accept that his crew mates are dead.
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)