|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the German guards blame the Americans for?
(a) The lack of fuel to fly his plane.
(b) The lack of food.
(c) The death of his fallen comrade.
(d) The death of his family.
2. What direction does Jack head in hopes of reaching Allied lines?
3. Why did Jack not want to give the person his egg at first?
(a) He wants the egg all for himself.
(b) The woman is German and his enemy.
(c) The old man is German and his enemy.
(d) The child is German and his enemy.
4. How many German soldiers come and take Stan and Jack out of the hospital?
5. Who are Jack and Stan on the road with for many days?
(a) Fredrich, Karl, Dieter.
(b) Mack, Wallace, Alrich, Fredrich.
(c) Willy and Karl.
(d) Mack, Dieter, Willy, Alrich, and Emeric.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Jack's last mission, what happens to the lead plane?
2. After being interviewed by the German solider, where is Jack sent to spend the night?
3. Where is Stan from?
4. Who do the German soldiers tell Jack and Stan are coming in Part 3, Chapter 17?
5. Where is Jack's crew assigned to fly their final bomb run over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recall what happens when Jack parachutes out of the plane during the final mission.
2. Explain how Jack is captured, citing examples from the text.
3. Explain how the idea of survival has become evident in Part 3, Chapters 13-15.
4. Recall how Jack and Stan get back to the American lines and how they are treated.
5. Explain how the war has taken on a new dimension for Jack.
6. Describe what Jack discovers about Chuckie during the final mission.
7. Recall what Jack tells the German soldier who interviews him.
8. Explain why Jack's birthday is so significant to his final mission that he is assigned over Czechoslovakia.
9. Describe the two German soldiers, Willy and Karl, who take Jack and Stan across the countryside.
10. Describe what happens to Dave after he and Jack parachute, analyzing Jack's reasoning.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)