|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Jack and Stan each a boiled egg?
(b) A Rabbi.
(c) A priest.
2. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 13, how many German soldiers grab Jack?
3. Why does Jack begin to question the reasoning behind the war?
(a) He realizes that there was no reason for the fighting.
(b) He realizes that most of the German people are just like him.
(c) He really likes the German soldiers who guard him.
(d) He does not understand why America had to get involved.
4. What happens to Jack's plane during the final mission?
(a) The plan is hit heavily with flak causing the wing to break and fall off.
(b) They finish their mission and land safely.
(c) The plane loses an engine and crashes into the ocean.
(d) The plane catches fire and they make a crash landing.
5. Why does Jack hold onto his egg most of the day?
(a) He wants to wait until they stop before eating it so he can enjoy it.
(b) He is sick and cannot eat.
(c) He hates eggs.
(d) He wants to share his egg with Stan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else is coming to fight that the German soldiers are scared of?
2. What occurred a few short weeks before Jack is assigned his final mission?
3. What does Stan tell Jack about himself?
4. After rushing from the house he broke into, what does Jack not notice as he comes to a town?
5. The night after the Germans yelling, how many guards are watching over Jack and Stan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the war has taken on a new dimension for Jack.
2. Explain why Willy and Karl leaving Jack and Stan is somewhat surprising?
3. Analyze how Jack is beginning to change his view of the German people in Part 3, Chapter 16.
4. Explain how Jack is captured, citing examples from the text.
5. Recall what Jack tells the German soldier who interviews him.
6. Explain how Jack can understand the German that the soldiers speak.
7. Explain why Jack's birthday is so significant to his final mission that he is assigned over Czechoslovakia.
8. Describe how Jack thinks clearly after landing on enemy territory.
9. Explain how the idea of survival has become evident in Part 3, Chapters 13-15.
10. Explain why Jack is confused over the final mission that he is assigned in Part 3, Chapter 10.
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)