|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being captured and while on the bus, what does Jack call out to the other passengers?
(a) Yells for help.
(b) Screams obscenities at the Germans.
(c) The names of his crewmembers.
(d) Proclaims that he's an American.
2. Why does Jack begin to question the reasoning behind the war?
(a) He does not understand why America had to get involved.
(b) He realizes that most of the German people are just like him.
(c) He realizes that there was no reason for the fighting.
(d) He really likes the German soldiers who guard him.
3. What is the second location where Jack hides after parachuting out of the plane?
(a) An empty tank.
(b) A low wall.
(c) A ditch.
(d) A large tree.
4. Why are Jack and Stan, the fellow soldier that he meets, kept together?
(a) They are the least injured of those aboard the bus.
(b) They have the worst wounds.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are the only Americans.
5. What do Jack and Stan compare the differences of?
(a) Buffalo and the Bronx.
(b) Brooklyn and Miami.
(c) Miami and New Orleans.
(d) Buffalo and New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the German soldiers take Jack and Stan after they have been shot at by the airplane?
2. Where is Jack's crew assigned to fly their final bomb run over?
3. Whose ration do Jack and Stan share a half of?
4. What does Jack tell the German solider who interviews him?
5. What occurred a few short weeks before Jack is assigned his final mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Jack discovers about Chuckie during the final mission.
2. Describe what happens while Jack, Stan, Willy, and Karl are crossing into Austria.
3. Recall what happens during Jack's final mission.
4. Explain why Willy and Karl leaving Jack and Stan is somewhat surprising?
5. Describe what happens to Dave after he and Jack parachute, analyzing Jack's reasoning.
6. Describe the two German soldiers, Willy and Karl, who take Jack and Stan across the countryside.
7. Explain why Willy and Karl would want to give themselves up to the Americans.
8. Explain how Jack is captured, citing examples from the text.
9. Explain why Jack is confused over the final mission that he is assigned in Part 3, Chapter 10.
10. Explain what happens that makes the reader believe Jack seems unwilling to accept that his crew mates are dead.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)