|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Jack and Stan taken when their bus arrives at its destination?
(a) A room where they are separated and questioned.
(b) A room where their wounds are treated.
(c) A cell that they will be sharing.
(d) A room where they must change their clothes and shower.
2. After being captured, where does the bus take Jack?
(a) A German prison.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) A burned out building in the city.
(d) A German hospital.
3. Why are Jack and Stan, the fellow soldier that he meets, kept together?
(a) They are the only Americans.
(b) They are the least injured of those aboard the bus.
(c) They have the worst wounds.
(d) They are best friends.
4. How many German soldiers come and take Stan and Jack out of the hospital?
5. How do Jack and Stan leave their German captors?
(a) Ride horses.
(b) They take a vehicle.
(d) Ride bikes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack give away his egg?
2. On Jack's second night after his plane crashes, what does he eat after he sneaks into a house?
3. What direction does Jack head in hopes of reaching Allied lines?
4. What is the second location where Jack hides after parachuting out of the plane?
5. How do the German guards treat Stan and Jack at first?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens while Jack, Stan, Willy, and Karl are crossing into Austria.
2. Explain how the war has taken on a new dimension for Jack.
3. Explain why Jack's birthday is so significant to his final mission that he is assigned over Czechoslovakia.
4. Explain how the idea of survival has become evident in Part 3, Chapters 13-15.
5. Recall what happens during Jack's final mission.
6. Explain what happens that makes the reader believe Jack seems unwilling to accept that his crew mates are dead.
7. Describe what happens to Dave after he and Jack parachute, analyzing Jack's reasoning.
8. Describe what happens during the night at the German army camp.
9. Analyze how Jack is beginning to change his view of the German people in Part 3, Chapter 16.
10. Describe how Jack thinks clearly after landing on enemy territory.
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)