|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Jack give his egg to?
(a) A pregnant woman.
(b) A child.
(c) An old man.
2. Whose ration do Jack and Stan share a half of?
3. What does Jack see one of his crewmates doing in an effort to try and escape the bullets flying around him?
(a) Flail around.
(b) Climb his cords.
(c) Use a flak jacket as a shield.
(d) Cut his parachute cords.
4. What happens to Jack's plane during the final mission?
(a) The plane loses an engine and crashes into the ocean.
(b) The plane catches fire and they make a crash landing.
(c) They finish their mission and land safely.
(d) The plan is hit heavily with flak causing the wing to break and fall off.
5. Since Jack can somewhat understand the German soldiers, what does he learn from them?
(a) They want to give themselves up to the Americans.
(b) They will never surrender.
(c) They hate Hitler.
(d) They wish they had never joined the war effort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Stan from?
2. What does Stan wonder about the German soldiers?
3. After jumping from the plane, who does Jack see above him?
4. Why does Jack begin to question the reasoning behind the war?
5. How do Jack and Stan escape their imprisonment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recall what Jack tells the German soldier who interviews him.
2. Describe how Jack thinks clearly after landing on enemy territory.
3. Explain how Jack is captured, citing examples from the text.
4. Describe what happens during the night at the German army camp.
5. Describe what happens when Jack is taken as a prisoner of war.
6. Recall what happens to Jack and his boiled egg.
7. Briefly describe the character Stan who is introduced in Part 3, Chapters 13 - 15.
8. Recall how Jack and Stan get back to the American lines and how they are treated.
9. Recall what happens when Jack parachutes out of the plane during the final mission.
10. Describe the two German soldiers, Willy and Karl, who take Jack and Stan across the countryside.
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)