|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Jack's second night after his plane crashes, what does he eat after he sneaks into a house?
2. Whom does Jack give his egg to?
(a) A pregnant woman.
(c) A child.
(d) An old man.
3. What are the German Soldiers names?
(a) Mack, Wallace, Alrich, Fredrich.
(b) Mack, Dieter, Willy, Alrich, and Emeric.
(c) Willy and Karl.
(d) Fredrich, Karl, Dieter.
4. How can Jack understand the German language?
(a) He is half German.
(b) He had to learn some German in during training.
(c) He took German in high school.
(d) His Grandmother spoke Yiddish.
5. What happens to Jack's plane during the final mission?
(a) The plane loses an engine and crashes into the ocean.
(b) The plane catches fire and they make a crash landing.
(c) The plan is hit heavily with flak causing the wing to break and fall off.
(d) They finish their mission and land safely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack tell the German solider who interviews him?
2. Where do the German soldiers take Jack?
3. What do Jack and Stan talk about that is a sore subject for Jack?
4. What does Jack see one of his crewmates doing in an effort to try and escape the bullets flying around him?
5. Why does Jack hold onto his egg most of the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recall what Jack tells the German soldier who interviews him.
2. Describe how Jack thinks clearly after landing on enemy territory.
3. Explain what happens that makes the reader believe Jack seems unwilling to accept that his crew mates are dead.
4. Describe what happens while Jack, Stan, Willy, and Karl are crossing into Austria.
5. Recall what happens to Jack and his boiled egg.
6. Explain how the war has taken on a new dimension for Jack.
7. Recall how Jack and Stan get back to the American lines and how they are treated.
8. Describe the two German soldiers, Willy and Karl, who take Jack and Stan across the countryside.
9. Explain how Jack is captured, citing examples from the text.
10. Recall what happens when Jack parachutes out of the plane during the final mission.
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)