|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack's plane have to do because of the lead plane in the final mission?
(a) Rescue the falling crew members from the lead plane.
(b) Repeat the bombing pattern.
(c) Carry extra soldiers.
(d) Turn around and head back.
2. When is Jack's crew assigned their final mission?
(a) April 25, 1945.
(b) April 24, 1944.
(c) April 27, 1946.
(d) April 28, 1946.
3. What are the German Soldiers names?
(a) Willy and Karl.
(b) Mack, Wallace, Alrich, Fredrich.
(c) Fredrich, Karl, Dieter.
(d) Mack, Dieter, Willy, Alrich, and Emeric.
4. What does Jack hope Dave is doing to discourage shooters?
(a) Shooting back.
(b) Playing dead.
5. How are Jack and Stan welcomed back?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack worry about after he jumps from the plane?
2. What section of the plane does Jack see Dave, nearly suffocated, coming out of?
3. What is the second location where Jack hides after parachuting out of the plane?
4. What does Stan wonder about the German soldiers?
5. What country do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers cross over to in Part 3, Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recall what happens to Jack and his boiled egg.
2. Explain why Willy and Karl would want to give themselves up to the Americans.
3. Explain why Jack is confused over the final mission that he is assigned in Part 3, Chapter 10.
4. Describe what happens while Jack, Stan, Willy, and Karl are crossing into Austria.
5. Recall how Jack and Stan get back to the American lines and how they are treated.
6. Explain how the war has taken on a new dimension for Jack.
7. Explain how Jack is captured, citing examples from the text.
8. Analyze how Jack is beginning to change his view of the German people in Part 3, Chapter 16.
9. Describe what happens to Dave after he and Jack parachute, analyzing Jack's reasoning.
10. Describe how Jack thinks clearly after landing on enemy territory.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)