|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After heading into the woods, what does Jack come across but is too afraid to approach?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A tent.
(c) A van.
(d) A house.
2. Who gives Jack and Stan each a boiled egg?
(a) A priest.
(b) A Rabbi.
3. After being interviewed by the German solider, where is Jack sent to spend the night?
(a) A pit in the ground.
(b) A cell.
(c) Tied to a tree.
(d) A tent, guarded by soldiers.
4. On Jack's last mission, what happens to the lead plane?
(a) It experiences engine failure and crashes.
(b) It is shot down.
(c) It releases its bombs too early.
(d) It fails to release its bombs when they reach the target area.
5. What is the second location where Jack hides after parachuting out of the plane?
(a) A low wall.
(b) A large tree.
(c) An empty tank.
(d) A ditch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do with his parachute after landing in enemy territory?
2. What happens to Jack's plane during the final mission?
3. After being captured and while on the bus, what does Jack call out to the other passengers?
4. What do the German soldiers that grab Jack make him do?
5. Why is Jack confused about this final mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Willy and Karl leaving Jack and Stan is somewhat surprising?
2. Explain why Willy and Karl would want to give themselves up to the Americans.
3. Recall what happens to Jack and his boiled egg.
4. Describe what happens to Dave after he and Jack parachute, analyzing Jack's reasoning.
5. Describe what happens when Jack is taken as a prisoner of war.
6. Explain why Jack is confused over the final mission that he is assigned in Part 3, Chapter 10.
7. Analyze how Jack is beginning to change his view of the German people in Part 3, Chapter 16.
8. Describe the two German soldiers, Willy and Karl, who take Jack and Stan across the countryside.
9. Explain how the idea of survival has become evident in Part 3, Chapters 13-15.
10. Recall how Jack and Stan get back to the American lines and how they are treated.
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)