|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do two soldiers give Jack and Stan after they escape their imprisonment?
2. What do Jack and Stan compare the differences of?
(a) Brooklyn and Miami.
(b) Miami and New Orleans.
(c) Buffalo and the Bronx.
(d) Buffalo and New Orleans.
3. Why does Jack hold onto his egg most of the day?
(a) He wants to wait until they stop before eating it so he can enjoy it.
(b) He wants to share his egg with Stan.
(c) He is sick and cannot eat.
(d) He hates eggs.
4. What does one of the German guards blame the Americans for?
(a) The lack of food.
(b) The death of his family.
(c) The death of his fallen comrade.
(d) The lack of fuel to fly his plane.
5. What does Stan tell Jack about himself?
(a) How many Germans he has killed.
(b) How frightened he is.
(c) His reasons for joining the Army Air Corps, the money, and about home.
(d) How homesick he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Jack runs from the house that he broke into, what does he steal?
2. How do Jack and Stan escape their imprisonment?
3. After being captured, where does the bus take Jack?
4. What happens to Jack's plane during the final mission?
5. What does Stan wonder about the German soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recall what happens during Jack's final mission.
2. Recall what happens when Jack parachutes out of the plane during the final mission.
3. Analyze how Jack is beginning to change his view of the German people in Part 3, Chapter 16.
4. Explain why Willy and Karl leaving Jack and Stan is somewhat surprising?
5. Explain why Jack's birthday is so significant to his final mission that he is assigned over Czechoslovakia.
6. Describe what happens to Dave after he and Jack parachute, analyzing Jack's reasoning.
7. Explain how the idea of survival has become evident in Part 3, Chapters 13-15.
8. Describe the two German soldiers, Willy and Karl, who take Jack and Stan across the countryside.
9. Explain why Jack is confused over the final mission that he is assigned in Part 3, Chapter 10.
10. Explain how Jack can understand the German that the soldiers speak.
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)