|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the German guards treat Stan and Jack at first?
2. Since Jack can somewhat understand the German soldiers, what does he learn from them?
(a) They want to give themselves up to the Americans.
(b) They will never surrender.
(c) They hate Hitler.
(d) They wish they had never joined the war effort.
3. How many German soldiers come and take Stan and Jack out of the hospital?
4. Where are Jack and Stan taken when their bus arrives at its destination?
(a) A room where they must change their clothes and shower.
(b) A room where their wounds are treated.
(c) A room where they are separated and questioned.
(d) A cell that they will be sharing.
5. Why did Jack not want to give the person his egg at first?
(a) He wants the egg all for himself.
(b) The woman is German and his enemy.
(c) The child is German and his enemy.
(d) The old man is German and his enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack give away his egg?
2. What section of the plane does Jack see Dave, nearly suffocated, coming out of?
3. Who do the German soldiers tell Jack and Stan are coming in Part 3, Chapter 17?
4. How do Jack and Stan leave their German captors?
5. What occurred a few short weeks before Jack is assigned his final mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the character Stan who is introduced in Part 3, Chapters 13 - 15.
2. Recall what happens to Jack and his boiled egg.
3. Describe what Jack discovers about Chuckie during the final mission.
4. Explain why Willy and Karl leaving Jack and Stan is somewhat surprising?
5. Explain what happens that makes the reader believe Jack seems unwilling to accept that his crew mates are dead.
6. Recall what happens during Jack's final mission.
7. Explain how Jack is captured, citing examples from the text.
8. Recall how Jack and Stan get back to the American lines and how they are treated.
9. Explain why Jack's birthday is so significant to his final mission that he is assigned over Czechoslovakia.
10. Describe the two German soldiers, Willy and Karl, who take Jack and Stan across the countryside.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)