|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack give away his egg?
(a) The pregnant woman is starving.
(b) The child is starving.
(c) Stan is passing out from hunger.
(d) The old man is begging him.
2. Who do the German soldiers tell Jack and Stan are coming in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Japanese.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The English.
3. How can Jack understand the German language?
(a) He is half German.
(b) He took German in high school.
(c) His Grandmother spoke Yiddish.
(d) He had to learn some German in during training.
4. What country do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers cross over to in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) Czech Republic.
5. What occurred a few short weeks before Jack is assigned his final mission?
(a) His birthday.
(b) His furlough.
(c) He called home.
(d) He was wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the German soldiers take Jack and Stan after they have been shot at by the airplane?
2. When is Jack's crew assigned their final mission?
3. Who does Jack see killed from one of the firing plane's bullets while traveling with Stan, their German guards, and some other soldiers?
4. Since Jack can somewhat understand the German soldiers, what does he learn from them?
5. After jumping from the plane, who does Jack see above him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the idea of survival has become evident in Part 3, Chapters 13-15.
2. Explain why Jack's birthday is so significant to his final mission that he is assigned over Czechoslovakia.
3. Explain why Willy and Karl leaving Jack and Stan is somewhat surprising?
4. Recall what happens when Jack parachutes out of the plane during the final mission.
5. Describe what happens when Jack is taken as a prisoner of war.
6. Analyze how Jack is beginning to change his view of the German people in Part 3, Chapter 16.
7. Describe what happens while Jack, Stan, Willy, and Karl are crossing into Austria.
8. Explain how Jack is captured, citing examples from the text.
9. Explain what happens that makes the reader believe Jack seems unwilling to accept that his crew mates are dead.
10. Explain why Willy and Karl would want to give themselves up to the Americans.
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)