|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What section of the plane does Jack see Dave, nearly suffocated, coming out of?
(b) Bomb bay.
(c) Middle of plane.
2. Where are Jack and Stan taken when their bus arrives at its destination?
(a) A room where they must change their clothes and shower.
(b) A cell that they will be sharing.
(c) A room where their wounds are treated.
(d) A room where they are separated and questioned.
3. What does one of the German guards blame the Americans for?
(a) The lack of fuel to fly his plane.
(b) The death of his fallen comrade.
(c) The death of his family.
(d) The lack of food.
4. What occurred a few short weeks before Jack is assigned his final mission?
(a) His birthday.
(b) He called home.
(c) He was wounded.
(d) His furlough.
5. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 13, how many German soldiers grab Jack?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Jack and Stan welcomed back?
2. On Jack's second night after his plane crashes, what does he eat after he sneaks into a house?
3. Where is Stan from?
4. What does Stan tell Jack about himself?
5. What is the first location that Jack hides behind after parachuting out of the plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Jack thinks clearly after landing on enemy territory.
2. Explain how Jack is captured, citing examples from the text.
3. Recall how Jack and Stan get back to the American lines and how they are treated.
4. Analyze how Jack is beginning to change his view of the German people in Part 3, Chapter 16.
5. Describe what Jack discovers about Chuckie during the final mission.
6. Explain what happens that makes the reader believe Jack seems unwilling to accept that his crew mates are dead.
7. Explain why Jack's birthday is so significant to his final mission that he is assigned over Czechoslovakia.
8. Describe what happens during the night at the German army camp.
9. Recall what happens when Jack parachutes out of the plane during the final mission.
10. Explain how Jack can understand the German that the soldiers speak.
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)