|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jack's crew assigned to fly their final bomb run over?
(a) Berlin, Germany.
(b) Frankfurt, Germany.
(c) Hiroshima, Japan.
(d) Pilsen, Czechoslovakia.
2. How many German soldiers come and take Stan and Jack out of the hospital?
3. Where do Jack and Stan travel to after escaping?
(a) The Austrian lines.
(b) The English lines.
(c) The American lines.
(d) The Russian lines.
4. What happens to Jack's plane during the final mission?
(a) The plan is hit heavily with flak causing the wing to break and fall off.
(b) The plane catches fire and they make a crash landing.
(c) The plane loses an engine and crashes into the ocean.
(d) They finish their mission and land safely.
5. Why does Jack begin to question the reasoning behind the war?
(a) He really likes the German soldiers who guard him.
(b) He realizes that most of the German people are just like him.
(c) He does not understand why America had to get involved.
(d) He realizes that there was no reason for the fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack tell Stan about himself?
2. What does Stan wonder about the German soldiers?
3. Who else is coming to fight that the German soldiers are scared of?
4. After being interviewed by the German solider, where is Jack sent to spend the night?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what do Jack and Stan hear the Germans yelling about at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the character Stan who is introduced in Part 3, Chapters 13 - 15.
2. Describe what Jack discovers about Chuckie during the final mission.
3. Recall what happens when Jack parachutes out of the plane during the final mission.
4. Explain how Jack is captured, citing examples from the text.
5. Explain why Willy and Karl would want to give themselves up to the Americans.
6. Describe how Jack and Stan escape the German army camp.
7. Describe what happens when Jack is taken as a prisoner of war.
8. Describe the two German soldiers, Willy and Karl, who take Jack and Stan across the countryside.
9. Recall what happens during Jack's final mission.
10. Describe what happens to Dave after he and Jack parachute, analyzing Jack's reasoning.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)