|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While up in the air for the first time, what does Jack imagine?
(a) Landing safely.
(b) Doing everyone's jobs, even the pilot's.
(c) The plane crashing.
(d) Jumping from the plane.
2. How many weeks after Jack's promotion is he given weekend leave?
3. Who are the other soldiers that Jack and his crew go through training with?
(a) Soldiers from allied countries.
(b) Soldiers who need extra training.
(c) Soldiers who have retired and are there to teach.
(d) Soldiers who have already been in Europe and flown large numbers of missions.
4. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 3, what are Jack and his fellow crew members promoted to?
5. What is flak?
(a) A part of a plane.
(b) Metal and other debris that is shot at planes.
(c) Another name for arrows.
(d) Giant rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the room called where Jack and his crew learn about their first mission?
2. Who does Jack meet on the streets while on furlough?
3. Where does Jack learn his first mission will be over?
4. What does Jack do on weekend leave?
5. How is Jack woken on the day of his first mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain whom Jack meets in Miami Beach and what he fears.
2. Analyze how Jack's first mission begins to change him.
3. Explain why Jack decides to keep a piece of flak from one of his missions.
4. Describe the character Dotty.
5. Recall from the text how Jack reacts his first time up in the air.
6. Recall what happens on Jack's first mission.
7. Explain why Jack's plane is named Godfather, Inc.
8. Explain why Jack is so nervous to hear his mother's voice.
9. Explain why Jack wants to join the Army Air Corps.
10. Give a brief description of flak.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)