|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jack go into town with while on weekend leave?
2. What does the person who Jack calls ask him to do?
(a) To please come home.
(b) To come and visit when he is on furlough.
(c) To never call again.
(d) To be careful.
3. What does Jack witness another plane get caught in?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) A fight.
(d) A downdraft.
4. What does the person Jack calls promise to do?
(a) Forget him.
(b) Forgive him.
(d) Not call again.
5. Who does Jack decide to call while on weekend leave?
(a) His dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack feel the first time he goes up in the air?
2. While up in the air for the first time, what does Jack imagine?
3. How does Jack feel when his plane touches ground after his first mission?
4. Why is Jack afraid to write a girl?
5. Why does Jack want to join the fight against Hitler?
Short Essay Questions
1. Analyze Jack and Chuckie's relationship; how does Jack feel about Chuckie?
2. Explain why Jack wants to join the Army Air Corps.
3. Describe what happens when a bomb is stuck during one of Jack's missions.
4. Describe Jack and Dotty's afternoon together.
5. Explain what Jack is afraid Dotty will find out in Part 1, Chapter 5.
6. Describe how Jack enlists in the Army Air Corps.
7. Recall from the text how Jack reacts his first time up in the air.
8. Describe what Jack spends his furlough doing in Part 1, Chapter 5.
9. Explain Jack's feeling about home in Part 1, Chapters 4-5.
10. Explain why Jack is so nervous to hear his mother's voice.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)