|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack feel when his plane touches ground after his first mission?
2. How many weeks after Jack's promotion is he given weekend leave?
3. What does Jack join?
(b) Army Air Corps.
(d) Air Force.
4. Why does Jack want to join the fight against Hitler?
(a) To represent his family.
(b) To get away from home.
(c) To try and make some friends.
(d) To become a big war hero.
5. Who tells Jack to go fix the problem with the stuck bomb?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person Jack calls promise to do?
2. During one of the missions, what almost hit Jack's knee?
3. In a short amount of time, how do the missions become for Jack?
4. Who does Jack not go see while on furlough?
5. What does Jack do until he makes himself brave while on his first mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recall what happens on Jack's first mission.
2. Analyze how Jack's immaturity is apparent in Part 1, Chapters 1 -3, citing an example from the text.
3. Describe the character Dotty.
4. Describe Jack and Dotty's afternoon together.
5. Describe where Jack and his crew are sent on their first mission and how Jack feels about it.
6. Recall what Jack and Dotty talk about when he calls her from New Orleans.
7. Describe how Jack enlists in the Army Air Corps.
8. Explain what happens to Pratt, Jack's crew mate, before they leave on furlough.
9. Explain how Jack views the men who teach him during his training.
10. Describe what Jack spends his furlough doing in Part 1, Chapter 5.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)