|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jack and his crewmates have to complete before they are given weekend leave?
(c) Bed checks.
2. Who does Jack feel is his closest friend?
3. What religion is Jack Raab?
4. Why is Jack excited about the location of his first mission?
(a) Hitler is in Frankfurt.
(b) Hitler is in Munich.
(c) Hitler is in Berlin.
(d) Hitler is in Hamburg.
5. Who does Jack visit on his final day on furlough?
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack find himself doing with each mission?
2. What city do Jack and his crew go to for weekend leave?
3. What does Jack give the person he spends his final day of furlough with?
4. How does Jack get to his home city?
5. Why is Jack anxious to get to Europe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe and briefly analyze how Jack feels about the war in Part 1, Chapters 1-3.
2. Briefly describe the main character, Jack Raab.
3. Explain Jack's feeling about home in Part 1, Chapters 4-5.
4. Describe how Jack enlists in the Army Air Corps.
5. Explain whom Jack meets in Miami Beach and what he fears.
6. Explain why Jack is so nervous to hear his mother's voice.
7. Explain what happens to Pratt, Jack's crew mate, before they leave on furlough.
8. Describe where Jack and his crew are sent on their first mission and how Jack feels about it.
9. Recall what Jack and Dotty talk about when he calls her from New Orleans.
10. Describe what Jack and his crew do on weekend leave.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)