|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do on weekend leave?
(a) Wanders the streets.
(b) Goes to a party.
(c) Goes bowling with his crewmates.
(d) Gets drunk in a bar.
2. Who tells Jack to go fix the problem with the stuck bomb?
3. What does Jack talk about to the person he calls?
(a) Their days together in Miami Beach.
(b) Their vacation in New Orleans.
(c) His childhood memories.
(d) How homesick he is.
4. What is the name of Jack's plane?
(a) Team U.S.A.
(b) Freedom Fighters.
(c) Godfather, Inc.
(d) Soul Brothers.
5. In a short amount of time, how do the missions become for Jack?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jack nervous about what he says and does around his crew?
2. Why is Jack afraid to write a girl?
3. Where is the Air Base in Part 2, Chapter 6 located?
4. If Jack tells anyone about his real age, whom would he tell?
5. What does Jack do in between missions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Jack decides to keep a piece of flak from one of his missions.
2. Analyze how Jack's immaturity is apparent in Part 1, Chapters 1 -3, citing an example from the text.
3. Analyze how Jack's first mission begins to change him.
4. Describe how Jack enlists in the Army Air Corps.
5. Describe what Jack and his crew do on weekend leave.
6. Explain how Jack views the men who teach him during his training.
7. Describe the character Dotty.
8. Explain Jack's feeling about home in Part 1, Chapters 4-5.
9. Explain why Jack wants to join the Army Air Corps.
10. Explain whom Jack meets in Miami Beach and what he fears.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)