|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mission is it when Jack sees his first and only German fighter plane?
(a) Twentieth mission.
(b) Tenth mission.
(c) Ninth mission.
(d) Nineteenth mission.
2. What is flak?
(a) A part of a plane.
(b) Another name for arrows.
(c) Giant rocks.
(d) Metal and other debris that is shot at planes.
3. What happens to the crew in the plane that gets a rip?
(a) The plane catches on fire and they are badly wounded.
(b) They fix the rip before they crash.
(c) They crash and die.
(d) They scramble to bail out.
4. What makes Jack feel homesick?
(a) A song on the radio.
(b) The sight of freshly baked pies in a bakery.
(c) A letter from his mother.
(d) The little cafes remind him of home.
5. Why does Jack lie about his age?
(a) To join the Air Force.
(b) To join the Army Air Corps.
(c) To join the Navy.
(d) To join the Marines.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack feel about his instructors?
2. Whose birth certificate did Jack use to enlist?
3. What does the person who Jack calls ask him to do?
4. How many weeks after Jack's promotion is he given weekend leave?
5. Who are the other soldiers that Jack and his crew go through training with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jack and Dotty's afternoon together.
2. Describe and briefly analyze how Jack feels about the war in Part 1, Chapters 1-3.
3. Explain what Jack is afraid Dotty will find out in Part 1, Chapter 5.
4. Explain why Jack wants to join the Army Air Corps.
5. Explain what happens to Pratt, Jack's crew mate, before they leave on furlough.
6. Describe what Jack and his crew do on weekend leave.
7. Analyze how Jack's immaturity is apparent in Part 1, Chapters 1 -3, citing an example from the text.
8. Describe where Jack and his crew are sent on their first mission and how Jack feels about it.
9. Describe what happens when a bomb is stuck during one of Jack's missions.
10. Analyze how Jack's first mission begins to change him.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)