|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person Jack calls promise to do?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Not call again.
(d) Forget him.
2. Where is Jack going to for furlough?
(a) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
3. Whose birth certificate did Jack use to enlist?
(a) His father's.
(b) His brother's.
(c) His cousin's.
(d) His best friend Bill's.
4. Why does Jack's crew mate not go on weekend leave?
(a) He does not want to go.
(b) He is awaiting a call from his wife regarding the birth of their first child.
(c) He is awaiting a call from his mother who is sick and dying.
(d) He is very sick.
5. What is the room called where Jack and his crew learn about their first mission?
(a) Information room.
(b) Briefing room.
(c) Update room.
(d) Ranking room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do until he makes himself brave while on his first mission?
2. Who tells Jack to go fix the problem with the stuck bomb?
3. Who does Jack visit on his final day on furlough?
4. What do Jack and his crewmates have to complete before they are given weekend leave?
5. At which Air Base do Jack and his crew arrive in Part 2, Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens that makes the reader believe Jack seems unwilling to accept that his crew mates are dead.
2. Recall from the text how Jack reacts his first time up in the air.
3. Briefly describe the main character, Jack Raab.
4. Describe what happens when Jack is taken as a prisoner of war.
5. Explain why Jack is confused over the final mission that he is assigned in Part 3, Chapter 10.
6. Give a brief description of flak.
7. Describe what happens during the night at the German army camp.
8. Explain in Part 4, Chapters 18-21, how Jack's grief shows how much he changed throughout the book.
9. Explain why Willy and Karl would want to give themselves up to the Americans.
10. Recall what happens to Jack and his boiled egg.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)