|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person Jack calls promise to do?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Not call again.
(c) Forget him.
2. Who are the other soldiers that Jack and his crew go through training with?
(a) Soldiers from allied countries.
(b) Soldiers who need extra training.
(c) Soldiers who have retired and are there to teach.
(d) Soldiers who have already been in Europe and flown large numbers of missions.
3. What does Jack see when he looks out the window of the plane on his first mission?
(a) A plane catching on fire.
(b) A plane falling apart.
(c) A plane crashing into a building.
(d) Two planes crashing into each other.
4. What does Jack join?
(a) Army Air Corps.
(c) Air Force.
5. What is the name of Jack's plane?
(a) Soul Brothers.
(b) Freedom Fighters.
(c) Godfather, Inc.
(d) Team U.S.A.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the room called where Jack and his crew learn about their first mission?
2. How does Jack get to his home city?
3. What makes Jack feel homesick?
4. Why does Jack want to join the fight against Hitler?
5. Why is the experience of releasing the stuck bomb so frightening for Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Jack's feeling about home in Part 1, Chapters 4-5.
2. Describe how Jack enlists in the Army Air Corps.
3. Recall what happens on Jack's first mission.
4. Describe what Jack and his crew do on weekend leave.
5. Analyze how Jack's immaturity is apparent in Part 1, Chapters 1 -3, citing an example from the text.
6. Analyze Jack and Chuckie's relationship; how does Jack feel about Chuckie?
7. Recall from the text how Jack reacts his first time up in the air.
8. Explain how Jack views the men who teach him during his training.
9. Describe where Jack and his crew are sent on their first mission and how Jack feels about it.
10. Explain why Jack is so nervous to hear his mother's voice.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)