|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 3, what are Jack and his fellow crew members promoted to?
2. To which organization is the daughter of the person that Jack rents a room from, a member?
(c) Air Force.
3. What does Jack talk about to the person he calls?
(a) How homesick he is.
(b) Their days together in Miami Beach.
(c) Their vacation in New Orleans.
(d) His childhood memories.
4. How many people does Jack see survive from the plane crash he views from the window?
(a) The whole crew.
(b) No one survives.
(c) Two people.
(d) One person.
5. Who are the other soldiers that Jack and his crew go through training with?
(a) Soldiers who have already been in Europe and flown large numbers of missions.
(b) Soldiers who need extra training.
(c) Soldiers from allied countries.
(d) Soldiers who have retired and are there to teach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Jack tries to fly to his furlough destination?
2. To which state does Jack go for training with his flight crew?
3. Who does Jack visit on his final day on furlough?
4. Where is the Air Base in Part 2, Chapter 6 located?
5. What does the person who Jack spends the final day of furlough with promise to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recall from the text what Jack sees happen to a plane that is caught in a downdraft.
2. Analyze Jack and Chuckie's relationship; how does Jack feel about Chuckie?
3. Describe how Jack enlists in the Army Air Corps.
4. Explain how Jack views the men who teach him during his training.
5. Explain why Jack is so nervous to hear his mother's voice.
6. Explain Jack's feeling about home in Part 1, Chapters 4-5.
7. Recall what Jack does to get home to New York.
8. Recall what Jack and Dotty talk about when he calls her from New Orleans.
9. Describe what happens when a bomb is stuck during one of Jack's missions.
10. Analyze how Jack's first mission begins to change him.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)