|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city do Jack and his crew go to for weekend leave?
(a) New Orleans.
2. What does Jack do on weekend leave?
(a) Wanders the streets.
(b) Goes bowling with his crewmates.
(c) Gets drunk in a bar.
(d) Goes to a party.
3. Why is the experience of releasing the stuck bomb so frightening for Jack?
(a) He is terrified of moving around the plane.
(b) He does not want to get shot by stray bullets.
(c) He could have fallen out of the plane through the bomb doors.
(d) The bomb could have gone off.
4. At which Air Base do Jack and his crew arrive in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Southumberland Air Base.
(b) Easternland Air Base.
(c) Westernland Air Base.
(d) Northumberland Air Base.
5. Where does Jack learn his first mission will be over?
Short Answer Questions
1. When he is waiting for the officer to arrive during flight training. what type of plane does Jack wait in the shade of?
2. What does Jack see when he looks out the window of the plane on his first mission?
3. What does Jack spend most of his furlough doing?
4. Who are the other soldiers that Jack and his crew go through training with?
5. What does Jack give the person he spends his final day of furlough with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Jack's feeling about home in Part 1, Chapters 4-5.
2. Describe what happens when a bomb is stuck during one of Jack's missions.
3. Explain why Jack decides to keep a piece of flak from one of his missions.
4. Explain how Jack views the men who teach him during his training.
5. Briefly describe the main character, Jack Raab.
6. Recall from the text how Jack reacts his first time up in the air.
7. Explain whom Jack meets in Miami Beach and what he fears.
8. Describe what happens when Jack becomes ill in Chapter 9. How do his actions show he is maturing?
9. Describe how Jack enlists in the Army Air Corps.
10. Describe the character Dotty.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)