|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jack not go see while on furlough?
(d) His family.
2. Why does Jack's crew mate not go on weekend leave?
(a) He is awaiting a call from his mother who is sick and dying.
(b) He is awaiting a call from his wife regarding the birth of their first child.
(c) He is very sick.
(d) He does not want to go.
3. What happens to Pratt's wife?
(a) She gives birth to a boy.
(b) She leaves him for another man.
(c) She gets really sick.
(d) She gives birth to a girl.
4. What does Jack find himself doing with each mission?
(a) Releasing the bombs.
(b) Curling into a ball and hiding under a stack of flak jackets.
(c) Shooting the machine gun.
(d) Looking eagerly out the window.
5. Why does Jack think the army never questioned his age?
(a) He is a large boy.
(b) They just don't care.
(c) He has a mustache.
(d) He speaks very eloquently.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the experience of releasing the stuck bomb so frightening for Jack?
2. How is Jack woken on the day of his first mission?
3. What does the person who Jack spends the final day of furlough with promise to do?
4. What is flak?
5. How does Jack get to his home city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens that makes the reader believe Jack seems unwilling to accept that his crew mates are dead.
2. Explain how the war has taken on a new dimension for Jack.
3. Describe Jack and Dotty's afternoon together.
4. Explain why Willy and Karl would want to give themselves up to the Americans.
5. Give a brief description of flak.
6. Explain why Jack's plane is named Godfather, Inc.
7. Describe how Jack's meetings with Chuckie's family and Dotty go.
8. Explain how Jack views the men who teach him during his training.
9. Describe how Jack and Stan escape the German army camp.
10. Analyze how Jack is beginning to change his view of the German people in Part 3, Chapter 16.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)