|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jack meet on the streets while on furlough?
(a) Loose women.
(b) His grandfather.
(d) Other soldiers.
2. Why does Jack become frightened once he is up in the air on his first mission?
(a) He is scared of heights.
(b) His plane catches fire.
(c) Flak is flying all around them.
(d) One of his crewmates is killed.
3. What happens to the crew in the plane that gets a rip?
(a) They crash and die.
(b) They scramble to bail out.
(c) They fix the rip before they crash.
(d) The plane catches on fire and they are badly wounded.
4. Where does Jack learn his first mission will be over?
5. To which state does Jack go for training with his flight crew?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack learn about parachutes?
2. What does Jack talk about to the person he calls?
3. Who did Jack meet in Miami Beach?
4. With which Lieutenant does Jack undergo flight training?
5. Who does Jack not go see while on furlough?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the main character, Jack Raab.
2. Recall what Jack does to get home to New York.
3. Explain why Jack's plane is named Godfather, Inc.
4. Describe what Jack spends his furlough doing in Part 1, Chapter 5.
5. Explain whom Jack meets in Miami Beach and what he fears.
6. Explain Jack's feeling about home in Part 1, Chapters 4-5.
7. Describe what happens when a bomb is stuck during one of Jack's missions.
8. Describe and briefly analyze how Jack feels about the war in Part 1, Chapters 1-3.
9. Explain how Jack views the men who teach him during his training.
10. Recall from the text how Jack reacts his first time up in the air.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)