|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jack's plane drop their bombs?
(a) After they have been fired at.
(b) After the lead plane.
(c) After the last plane.
(d) After they see another plane crash.
2. With which Lieutenant does Jack undergo flight training?
3. Where are Jack and his crew forced to ditch their plane during a bomb run?
(c) The English Channel.
(d) Lyme Bay.
4. Where is Jack going to for furlough?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) New York.
5. Who does Jack feel is his closest friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. While up in the air for the first time, what does Jack imagine?
2. What is Jack's brother's name?
3. Who does Jack rent a room from while on furlough?
4. How many people does Jack see survive from the plane crash he views from the window?
5. Where does Jack learn his first mission will be over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Jack spends his furlough doing in Part 1, Chapter 5.
2. Describe where Jack and his crew are sent on their first mission and how Jack feels about it.
3. Explain Jack's feeling about home in Part 1, Chapters 4-5.
4. Recall what Jack and Dotty talk about when he calls her from New Orleans.
5. Give a brief description of flak.
6. Explain why Jack wants to join the Army Air Corps.
7. Describe what Jack and his crew do on weekend leave.
8. Describe what happens when a bomb is stuck during one of Jack's missions.
9. Recall what Jack does to get home to New York.
10. Describe and briefly analyze how Jack feels about the war in Part 1, Chapters 1-3.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)