|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jack woken on the day of his first mission?
(c) Too late.
(d) Too early.
2. What does Jack talk about to the person he calls?
(a) Their vacation in New Orleans.
(b) Their days together in Miami Beach.
(c) How homesick he is.
(d) His childhood memories.
3. While up in the air for the first time, what does Jack imagine?
(a) The plane crashing.
(b) Landing safely.
(c) Doing everyone's jobs, even the pilot's.
(d) Jumping from the plane.
4. To which organization is the daughter of the person that Jack rents a room from, a member?
(c) Air Force.
5. Who did Jack meet in Miami Beach?
(b) A girl.
(d) His grandpa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person Jack calls promise to do?
2. Who does Jack not go see while on furlough?
3. Where is the Air Base in Part 2, Chapter 6 located?
4. What does everyone look forward to during training?
5. What do Jack and his crewmates have to complete before they are given weekend leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe and briefly analyze how Jack feels about the war in Part 1, Chapters 1-3.
2. Give a brief description of flak.
3. Explain why Jack's parents were extra distraught while he was gone.
4. Recall what Jack tells the German soldier who interviews him.
5. Explain what Jack is afraid Dotty will find out in Part 1, Chapter 5.
6. Describe the two German soldiers, Willy and Karl, who take Jack and Stan across the countryside.
7. Analyze Jack and Chuckie's relationship; how does Jack feel about Chuckie?
8. Describe what happens when a bomb is stuck during one of Jack's missions.
9. Explain how Jack views the men who teach him during his training.
10. Explain what happens to Pratt, Jack's crew mate, before they leave on furlough.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)