|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jack decide to call while on weekend leave?
(c) His dad.
2. Who does Jack share a kiss with?
(a) A girl he meets in a bar.
(c) Chuckie's sister.
(d) His mother.
3. Who does Jack not go see while on furlough?
(c) His family.
4. What does the person who Jack spends the final day of furlough with promise to do?
(a) Not to be sad.
(b) Stay safe.
(c) To forget him.
5. Why does Jack lie about his age?
(a) To join the Navy.
(b) To join the Army Air Corps.
(c) To join the Marines.
(d) To join the Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is flak?
2. Why won't Jack call his mother while on weekend leave?
3. What does Jack join?
4. Why does Jack's crew mate not go on weekend leave?
5. What happens to Pratt's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Jack's parents were extra distraught while he was gone.
2. Explain in Part 4, Chapters 18-21, how Jack's grief shows how much he changed throughout the book.
3. Explain why Willy and Karl leaving Jack and Stan is somewhat surprising?
4. Recall how Jack and Stan get back to the American lines and how they are treated.
5. Describe and briefly analyze how Jack feels about the war in Part 1, Chapters 1-3.
6. Explain how the war has taken on a new dimension for Jack.
7. Analyze Jack and Chuckie's relationship; how does Jack feel about Chuckie?
8. Recall what happens on Jack's first mission.
9. Give a brief description of flak.
10. Describe what happens during the night at the German army camp.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)