|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city do Jack and his crew go to for weekend leave?
(c) New Orleans.
2. What does Jack find himself doing with each mission?
(a) Looking eagerly out the window.
(b) Releasing the bombs.
(c) Shooting the machine gun.
(d) Curling into a ball and hiding under a stack of flak jackets.
3. Who does Jack smoke a cigarette with while waiting for the officers to arrive?
4. When does Jack's plane drop their bombs?
(a) After they see another plane crash.
(b) After the lead plane.
(c) After the last plane.
(d) After they have been fired at.
5. Why won't Jack call his mother while on weekend leave?
(a) He is afraid she will yell at him.
(b) He is afraid the moment he hears her voice, he will tell her the truth.
(c) He is mad at her.
(d) He is afraid of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack's brother's name?
2. What does Jack do on weekend leave?
3. Who does Jack share a kiss with?
4. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 3, what are Jack and his fellow crew members promoted to?
5. What does Jack spend most of his furlough doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Jack views the men who teach him during his training.
2. Recall from the text how Jack reacts his first time up in the air.
3. Describe what happens when Jack becomes ill in Chapter 9. How do his actions show he is maturing?
4. Describe where Jack and his crew are sent on their first mission and how Jack feels about it.
5. Explain what Jack is afraid Dotty will find out in Part 1, Chapter 5.
6. Recall what happens on Jack's first mission.
7. Analyze how Jack's first mission begins to change him.
8. Briefly describe the main character, Jack Raab.
9. Describe the character Dotty.
10. Describe and briefly analyze how Jack feels about the war in Part 1, Chapters 1-3.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)