|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack spend most of his furlough doing?
(a) Hanging out with his family.
(b) Sleeping in his rented room.
(c) Hanging out in bars.
(d) Wandering the streets of home.
2. With which Lieutenant does Jack undergo flight training?
3. What is Jack's brother's name?
4. Why does Jack want to join the fight against Hitler?
(a) To become a big war hero.
(b) To represent his family.
(c) To try and make some friends.
(d) To get away from home.
5. To which state does Jack go for training with his flight crew?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack find himself doing with each mission?
2. What do Jack and the person he visits on furlough spend the afternoon doing together?
3. Why does Jack become frightened once he is up in the air on his first mission?
4. How does Jack feel the first time he goes up in the air?
5. Which crew mate of Jack's does not go on weekend leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recall what Jack does to get home to New York.
2. Give a brief description of flak.
3. Recall what Jack and Dotty talk about when he calls her from New Orleans.
4. Describe Jack and Dotty's afternoon together.
5. Recall from the text what Jack sees happen to a plane that is caught in a downdraft.
6. Describe where Jack and his crew are sent on their first mission and how Jack feels about it.
7. Describe what Jack spends his furlough doing in Part 1, Chapter 5.
8. Explain why Jack decides to keep a piece of flak from one of his missions.
9. Explain why Jack wants to join the Army Air Corps.
10. Explain how Jack views the men who teach him during his training.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)