|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jack meet in Miami Beach?
(c) A girl.
(d) His grandpa.
2. What mission is it when Jack sees his first and only German fighter plane?
(a) Twentieth mission.
(b) Tenth mission.
(c) Ninth mission.
(d) Nineteenth mission.
3. What makes Jack feel homesick?
(a) A letter from his mother.
(b) The sight of freshly baked pies in a bakery.
(c) A song on the radio.
(d) The little cafes remind him of home.
4. Who does Jack visit on his final day on furlough?
(d) His family.
5. Where are Jack and his crew forced to ditch their plane during a bomb run?
(a) The English Channel.
(d) Lyme Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which state does Jack go for boot camp?
2. What month is it when a bomb gets stuck in Jack's plane?
3. What city do Jack and his crew go to for weekend leave?
4. Why is Jack nervous about what he says and does around his crew?
5. If Jack tells anyone about his real age, whom would he tell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Jack enlists in the Army Air Corps.
2. Describe what Jack spends his furlough doing in Part 1, Chapter 5.
3. Describe where Jack and his crew are sent on their first mission and how Jack feels about it.
4. Recall from the text how Jack reacts his first time up in the air.
5. Recall what Jack does to get home to New York.
6. Analyze Jack and Chuckie's relationship; how does Jack feel about Chuckie?
7. Describe what happens when a bomb is stuck during one of Jack's missions.
8. Describe and briefly analyze how Jack feels about the war in Part 1, Chapters 1-3.
9. Describe what Jack and his crew do on weekend leave.
10. Describe the character Dotty.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)