|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do in between missions?
(a) Hangs out with Chuckie at a nearby bar.
(b) Writes letters to home.
(d) Wanders the base.
2. To which organization is the daughter of the person that Jack rents a room from, a member?
(b) Air Force.
3. How many weeks after Jack's promotion is he given weekend leave?
4. What does Jack learn about parachutes?
(a) To not rely on his parachute.
(b) How to strap it on and when to pull the chord.
(c) How to put a parachute together.
(d) To never forget his parachute.
5. Why does Jack want to join the fight against Hitler?
(a) To get away from home.
(b) To become a big war hero.
(c) To try and make some friends.
(d) To represent his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when a bomb gets stuck in Jack's plane?
2. What does the person who Jack calls ask him to do?
3. Whose birth certificate did Jack use to enlist?
4. How does Jack feel when his plane touches ground after his first mission?
5. Where is the Air Base in Part 2, Chapter 6 located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Jack's feeling about home in Part 1, Chapters 4-5.
2. Describe where Jack and his crew are sent on their first mission and how Jack feels about it.
3. Recall what happens to Jack and Stan once they reach the airport.
4. Explain how the idea of survival has become evident in Part 3, Chapters 13-15.
5. Describe what Jack discovers about Chuckie during the final mission.
6. Explain whom Jack meets in Miami Beach and what he fears.
7. Describe what happens during the night at the German army camp.
8. Recall what happens to Jack and his boiled egg.
9. Give a brief description of flak.
10. Explain why Willy and Karl leaving Jack and Stan is somewhat surprising?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)