|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 3, what are Jack and his fellow crew members promoted to?
2. What does the person Jack calls promise to do?
(b) Forget him.
(c) Not call again.
(d) Forgive him.
3. What happens to Pratt's wife?
(a) She gets really sick.
(b) She gives birth to a girl.
(c) She leaves him for another man.
(d) She gives birth to a boy.
4. Who does Jack not go see while on furlough?
(b) His family.
5. What makes Jack feel homesick?
(a) The sight of freshly baked pies in a bakery.
(b) The little cafes remind him of home.
(c) A letter from his mother.
(d) A song on the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do in between missions?
2. How does Jack get to his home city?
3. How does Jack feel about his instructors?
4. Who does Jack share a kiss with?
5. How many people does Jack see survive from the plane crash he views from the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when a bomb is stuck during one of Jack's missions.
2. Describe and briefly analyze how Jack feels about the war in Part 1, Chapters 1-3.
3. Recall what Jack and Dotty talk about when he calls her from New Orleans.
4. Analyze how Jack's first mission begins to change him.
5. Explain Jack's feeling about home in Part 1, Chapters 4-5.
6. Describe where Jack and his crew are sent on their first mission and how Jack feels about it.
7. Describe what happens when Jack becomes ill in Chapter 9. How do his actions show he is maturing?
8. Explain whom Jack meets in Miami Beach and what he fears.
9. Describe how Jack enlists in the Army Air Corps.
10. Recall what Jack does to get home to New York.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)