|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pratt make everyone on the crew?
(a) His friends for life.
(c) His baby's godfathers.
2. Why is the experience of releasing the stuck bomb so frightening for Jack?
(a) He does not want to get shot by stray bullets.
(b) The bomb could have gone off.
(c) He is terrified of moving around the plane.
(d) He could have fallen out of the plane through the bomb doors.
3. What do Jack and his crewmates have to complete before they are given weekend leave?
(a) Bed checks.
4. Why does Chuckie leaves Jack while they are in New Orleans?
(a) He meets a girl.
(b) He wants to leave the army.
(c) He is mad at Jack.
(d) He feels sick.
5. What does Jack learn about parachutes?
(a) How to put a parachute together.
(b) To not rely on his parachute.
(c) To never forget his parachute.
(d) How to strap it on and when to pull the chord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack join?
2. Why won't Jack call his mother while on weekend leave?
3. What city does Jack go to during furlough?
4. Who does Jack not go see while on furlough?
5. What does Jack spend most of his furlough doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens to Pratt, Jack's crew mate, before they leave on furlough.
2. Describe the character Dotty.
3. Describe and briefly analyze how Jack feels about the war in Part 1, Chapters 1-3.
4. Explain why Jack decides to keep a piece of flak from one of his missions.
5. Describe what happens when Jack becomes ill in Chapter 9. How do his actions show he is maturing?
6. Describe what happens when a bomb is stuck during one of Jack's missions.
7. Describe where Jack and his crew are sent on their first mission and how Jack feels about it.
8. Recall from the text what Jack sees happen to a plane that is caught in a downdraft.
9. Explain whom Jack meets in Miami Beach and what he fears.
10. Describe Jack and Dotty's afternoon together.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)