|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jack meet his fellow solider Chuckie?
(a) Elementary School.
(b) Flight School.
(c) Gunnery School.
(d) High School.
2. Why does Jack lie about his age?
(a) To join the Army Air Corps.
(b) To join the Air Force.
(c) To join the Marines.
(d) To join the Navy.
3. Why is Jack excited about the location of his first mission?
(a) Hitler is in Hamburg.
(b) Hitler is in Berlin.
(c) Hitler is in Frankfurt.
(d) Hitler is in Munich.
4. Who does Jack meet on the streets while on furlough?
(b) Other soldiers.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) Loose women.
5. Who tells Jack to go fix the problem with the stuck bomb?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack witness another plane get caught in?
2. Who does Jack share a kiss with?
3. What mission is it when Jack sees his first and only German fighter plane?
4. When does Jack's plane drop their bombs?
5. How does Jack get to his home city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens to Pratt, Jack's crew mate, before they leave on furlough.
2. Describe what Jack and his crew do on weekend leave.
3. Recall from the text how Jack reacts his first time up in the air.
4. Explain how Jack views the men who teach him during his training.
5. Describe and briefly analyze how Jack feels about the war in Part 1, Chapters 1-3.
6. Explain why Jack decides to keep a piece of flak from one of his missions.
7. Analyze how Jack's first mission begins to change him.
8. Analyze how Jack's immaturity is apparent in Part 1, Chapters 1 -3, citing an example from the text.
9. Describe where Jack and his crew are sent on their first mission and how Jack feels about it.
10. Recall what Jack does to get home to New York.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)