|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Pratt's wife?
(a) She gives birth to a girl.
(b) She gives birth to a boy.
(c) She leaves him for another man.
(d) She gets really sick.
2. What does Jack give the person he spends his final day of furlough with?
(a) His lucky penny.
(b) His cross.
(c) His school ring.
(d) His Star of David.
3. What city do Jack and his crew go to for weekend leave?
(b) New Orleans.
4. When he is waiting for the officer to arrive during flight training. what type of plane does Jack wait in the shade of?
5. What does Jack talk about to the person he calls?
(a) How homesick he is.
(b) Their vacation in New Orleans.
(c) Their days together in Miami Beach.
(d) His childhood memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jack's plane drop their bombs?
2. Which crew mate of Jack's does not go on weekend leave?
3. What makes Jack feel homesick?
4. Why is Jack excited about the location of his first mission?
5. To which state does Jack go for training with his flight crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Jack's feeling about home in Part 1, Chapters 4-5.
2. Explain why Jack decides to keep a piece of flak from one of his missions.
3. Analyze how Jack's first mission begins to change him.
4. Describe how Jack enlists in the Army Air Corps.
5. Describe where Jack and his crew are sent on their first mission and how Jack feels about it.
6. Recall what happens on Jack's first mission.
7. Explain what Jack is afraid Dotty will find out in Part 1, Chapter 5.
8. Explain what happens to Pratt, Jack's crew mate, before they leave on furlough.
9. Analyze how Jack's immaturity is apparent in Part 1, Chapters 1 -3, citing an example from the text.
10. Describe and briefly analyze how Jack feels about the war in Part 1, Chapters 1-3.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)