|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city do Jack and his crew go to for weekend leave?
(b) New Orleans.
2. What does Jack join?
(a) Army Air Corps.
(c) Air Force.
3. What does Jack do until he makes himself brave while on his first mission?
(b) Curls up into a ball.
(d) Rocks back and forth.
4. What city does Jack go to during furlough?
5. What is the room called where Jack and his crew learn about their first mission?
(a) Ranking room.
(b) Information room.
(c) Briefing room.
(d) Update room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jack visit on his final day on furlough?
2. Where are Jack and his crew forced to ditch their plane during a bomb run?
3. Why won't Jack call his mother while on weekend leave?
4. Who does Jack share a kiss with?
5. During one of the missions, what almost hit Jack's knee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens to Pratt, Jack's crew mate, before they leave on furlough.
2. Explain why Jack wants to join the Army Air Corps.
3. Explain Jack's feeling about home in Part 1, Chapters 4-5.
4. Describe what Jack and his crew do on weekend leave.
5. Describe what Jack spends his furlough doing in Part 1, Chapter 5.
6. Recall what happens on Jack's first mission.
7. Give a brief description of flak.
8. Recall what Jack and Dotty talk about when he calls her from New Orleans.
9. Analyze how Jack's first mission begins to change him.
10. Describe Jack and Dotty's afternoon together.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)