|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After crossing into the new country, what do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers get a ride from?
(a) A tank.
(b) A utility van.
(c) A troop transport.
(d) An old farmer.
2. What do Jack and Stan compare the differences of?
(a) Brooklyn and Miami.
(b) Buffalo and New Orleans.
(c) Buffalo and the Bronx.
(d) Miami and New Orleans.
3. What do Jack and Stan talk about that is a sore subject for Jack?
(a) Hitler and what he has done to the Jews.
(b) Their experiences in the war.
(c) Fallen comrades.
(d) Their families.
4. Where do the German soldiers leave Jack and Stan in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) In a man-made cage.
(b) In a cell.
(c) At the border.
(d) In a locked hospital room.
5. What direction does Jack head in hopes of reaching Allied lines?
6. On Jack's last mission, what happens to the lead plane?
(a) It experiences engine failure and crashes.
(b) It fails to release its bombs when they reach the target area.
(c) It is shot down.
(d) It releases its bombs too early.
7. How do the German guards treat Stan and Jack at first?
8. Jack sees many Germans during his trip with the soldiers, how are they?
(a) Angry and hostile.
(b) Injured and broken.
(c) Happy and encouraged.
(d) Nervous and anxious.
9. What happens to Jack's plane during the final mission?
(a) The plane loses an engine and crashes into the ocean.
(b) The plan is hit heavily with flak causing the wing to break and fall off.
(c) They finish their mission and land safely.
(d) The plane catches fire and they make a crash landing.
10. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 13, how many German soldiers grab Jack?
11. After jumping from the plane, who does Jack see above him?
12. What does Jack do with his parachute after landing in enemy territory?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Leaves it where he landed.
(d) Throws it away.
13. After being captured and while on the bus, what does Jack call out to the other passengers?
(a) Screams obscenities at the Germans.
(b) The names of his crewmembers.
(c) Proclaims that he's an American.
(d) Yells for help.
14. What does Jack tell the German solider who interviews him?
(a) Jack tells him he is German.
(b) Nothing at all.
(c) Where he landed and what mission he is on.
(d) Nothing other than his name, rank, and serial number.
15. Why are Jack and Stan, the fellow soldier that he meets, kept together?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) They are the least injured of those aboard the bus.
(c) They are the only Americans.
(d) They have the worst wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack see one of his crewmates doing in an effort to try and escape the bullets flying around him?
2. After heading into the woods, what does Jack come across but is too afraid to approach?
3. Why does Jack give away his egg?
4. Whom does Jack give his egg to?
5. Why does Jack hold onto his egg most of the day?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)