|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what do Jack and Stan hear the Germans yelling about at night?
(a) We have won.
(b) The Americans are coming.
(c) The Russians are coming.
(d) The Japanese are coming.
2. While traveling in Part 3, Chapter 17, what country's plane flies over Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers and opens fire?
3. After rushing from the house he broke into, what does Jack not notice as he comes to a town?
(a) Allied soldiers hiding.
(b) A check point with soldiers.
(c) A barbed wire fence.
(d) German soldiers camping in the woods.
4. What does Jack's plane have to do because of the lead plane in the final mission?
(a) Repeat the bombing pattern.
(b) Turn around and head back.
(c) Rescue the falling crew members from the lead plane.
(d) Carry extra soldiers.
5. What happens to Chuckie during the final mission?
(a) He is almost hit by a stray bullet.
(b) He jumps from the plane, but is saved by his parachute.
(c) He loses his leg.
(d) He dies.
6. How do the German guards treat Stan and Jack at first?
7. Why does Jack turn his shirt inside out after getting rid of his flight gear?
(a) To make himself appear like a peasant.
(b) To hide the dried blood.
(c) To hide his military insignia.
(d) To hide his name.
8. What does Jack worry about after he jumps from the plane?
(a) Crashing to the ground.
(b) His parachute will not open quickly enough.
(c) He might have bailed too soon.
(d) Leaving Chuckie alone.
9. Where do the German soldiers leave Jack and Stan in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) In a locked hospital room.
(b) In a man-made cage.
(c) In a cell.
(d) At the border.
10. On Jack's last mission, what happens to the lead plane?
(a) It is shot down.
(b) It releases its bombs too early.
(c) It experiences engine failure and crashes.
(d) It fails to release its bombs when they reach the target area.
11. Why does Jack hold onto his egg most of the day?
(a) He wants to wait until they stop before eating it so he can enjoy it.
(b) He wants to share his egg with Stan.
(c) He is sick and cannot eat.
(d) He hates eggs.
12. Where do the German soldiers take Jack?
(a) City office building.
(b) Military base.
(c) An empty house.
(d) Camp in the woods.
13. Where do the German soldiers take Jack and Stan after they have been shot at by the airplane?
(a) The country's border.
(b) A German hospital.
(c) A concentration camp.
(d) A German army camp.
14. Why did Jack not want to give the person his egg at first?
(a) He wants the egg all for himself.
(b) The old man is German and his enemy.
(c) The woman is German and his enemy.
(d) The child is German and his enemy.
15. On Jack's second night after his plane crashes, what does he eat after he sneaks into a house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the German soldiers tell Jack and Stan are coming in Part 3, Chapter 17?
2. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 13, how many German soldiers grab Jack?
3. When Jack lands after jumping from his plane, why does he not immediately bury his parachute?
4. When Jack is put on a bus on the morning after being captured, who are the other passengers?
5. What is the first location that Jack hides behind after parachuting out of the plane?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)