|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the German soldiers leave Jack and Stan in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) In a cell.
(b) At the border.
(c) In a locked hospital room.
(d) In a man-made cage.
2. Where is Jack's crew assigned to fly their final bomb run over?
(a) Berlin, Germany.
(b) Hiroshima, Japan.
(c) Frankfurt, Germany.
(d) Pilsen, Czechoslovakia.
3. What does Stan tell Jack about himself?
(a) How many Germans he has killed.
(b) How frightened he is.
(c) How homesick he is.
(d) His reasons for joining the Army Air Corps, the money, and about home.
4. What does Jack do with his parachute after landing in enemy territory?
(a) Throws it away.
(b) Leaves it where he landed.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Burns it.
5. Why did Jack not want to give the person his egg at first?
(a) The child is German and his enemy.
(b) The old man is German and his enemy.
(c) He wants the egg all for himself.
(d) The woman is German and his enemy.
6. How do Jack and Stan escape their imprisonment?
(a) They overpower the guards.
(b) They dig their way out.
(c) They slip out through a window.
(d) They break down the door.
7. After being captured and while on the bus, what does Jack call out to the other passengers?
(a) The names of his crewmembers.
(b) Yells for help.
(c) Proclaims that he's an American.
(d) Screams obscenities at the Germans.
8. What occurred a few short weeks before Jack is assigned his final mission?
(a) He called home.
(b) His furlough.
(c) He was wounded.
(d) His birthday.
9. What does Stan wonder about the German soldiers?
(a) If they will kill them.
(b) How old they are.
(c) If they have girlfriends.
(d) If they should trust them.
10. What does Jack tell Stan about himself?
(a) He tells him about Dotty.
(b) His real age and how he came to be in the Army.
(c) How frightened he is.
(d) He makes up a story about his heroism.
11. Who else is coming to fight that the German soldiers are scared of?
12. What happens to Chuckie during the final mission?
(a) He jumps from the plane, but is saved by his parachute.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is almost hit by a stray bullet.
(d) He loses his leg.
13. Where do Jack and Stan travel to after escaping?
(a) The American lines.
(b) The Russian lines.
(c) The English lines.
(d) The Austrian lines.
14. What happens to Jack's plane during the final mission?
(a) They finish their mission and land safely.
(b) The plan is hit heavily with flak causing the wing to break and fall off.
(c) The plane loses an engine and crashes into the ocean.
(d) The plane catches fire and they make a crash landing.
15. Who gives Jack and Stan each a boiled egg?
(c) A Rabbi.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Jack's last mission, what happens to the lead plane?
2. Why does Jack begin to question the reasoning behind the war?
3. Why are Jack and Stan, the fellow soldier that he meets, kept together?
4. What direction does Jack head in hopes of reaching Allied lines?
5. How can Jack understand the German language?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)