|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Stan from?
(a) New Orleans.
2. Where do the German soldiers leave Jack and Stan in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) In a locked hospital room.
(b) In a cell.
(c) In a man-made cage.
(d) At the border.
3. Where do the German soldiers take Jack and Stan after they have been shot at by the airplane?
(a) A German hospital.
(b) A German army camp.
(c) A concentration camp.
(d) The country's border.
4. Who does Jack see killed from one of the firing plane's bullets while traveling with Stan, their German guards, and some other soldiers?
(a) A German civilian.
(b) A German soldier who was complaining about the Americans.
(c) A German soldier who was nice to Jack.
(d) An American soldier who was complaining about the Germans.
5. While traveling in Part 3, Chapter 17, what country's plane flies over Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers and opens fire?
6. What does Jack hope Dave is doing to discourage shooters?
(a) Playing dead.
(b) Shooting back.
7. How many German soldiers come and take Stan and Jack out of the hospital?
8. After jumping from the plane, who does Jack see below him floating to the ground?
9. Jack sees many Germans during his trip with the soldiers, how are they?
(a) Happy and encouraged.
(b) Injured and broken.
(c) Nervous and anxious.
(d) Angry and hostile.
10. What does Jack tell the German solider who interviews him?
(a) Nothing other than his name, rank, and serial number.
(b) Where he landed and what mission he is on.
(c) Jack tells him he is German.
(d) Nothing at all.
11. What is the second location where Jack hides after parachuting out of the plane?
(a) An empty tank.
(b) A large tree.
(c) A low wall.
(d) A ditch.
12. What does one of the German guards blame the Americans for?
(a) The lack of food.
(b) The lack of fuel to fly his plane.
(c) The death of his fallen comrade.
(d) The death of his family.
13. After being captured, where does the bus take Jack?
(a) A concentration camp.
(b) A German hospital.
(c) A German prison.
(d) A burned out building in the city.
14. Since Jack can somewhat understand the German soldiers, what does he learn from them?
(a) They hate Hitler.
(b) They will never surrender.
(c) They want to give themselves up to the Americans.
(d) They wish they had never joined the war effort.
15. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what do Jack and Stan hear the Germans yelling about at night?
(a) We have won.
(b) The Americans are coming.
(c) The Japanese are coming.
(d) The Russians are coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack begin to question the reasoning behind the war?
2. After being captured and while on the bus, what does Jack call out to the other passengers?
3. Why does Jack turn his shirt inside out after getting rid of his flight gear?
4. What does Jack's plane have to do because of the lead plane in the final mission?
5. After jumping from the plane, who does Jack see above him?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)