|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jack's plane during the final mission?
(a) They finish their mission and land safely.
(b) The plane catches fire and they make a crash landing.
(c) The plane loses an engine and crashes into the ocean.
(d) The plan is hit heavily with flak causing the wing to break and fall off.
2. What does Jack do with his parachute after landing in enemy territory?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Leaves it where he landed.
3. What does Jack see one of his crewmates doing in an effort to try and escape the bullets flying around him?
(a) Use a flak jacket as a shield.
(b) Flail around.
(c) Climb his cords.
(d) Cut his parachute cords.
4. What section of the plane does Jack see Dave, nearly suffocated, coming out of?
(c) Bomb bay.
(d) Middle of plane.
5. Why does Jack hold onto his egg most of the day?
(a) He wants to share his egg with Stan.
(b) He wants to wait until they stop before eating it so he can enjoy it.
(c) He hates eggs.
(d) He is sick and cannot eat.
6. After being captured and while on the bus, what does Jack call out to the other passengers?
(a) Screams obscenities at the Germans.
(b) Yells for help.
(c) Proclaims that he's an American.
(d) The names of his crewmembers.
7. The night after the Germans yelling, how many guards are watching over Jack and Stan?
8. What does Stan wonder about the German soldiers?
(a) If they have girlfriends.
(b) If they will kill them.
(c) How old they are.
(d) If they should trust them.
9. While traveling in Part 3, Chapter 17, what country's plane flies over Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers and opens fire?
10. Jack sees many Germans during his trip with the soldiers, how are they?
(a) Nervous and anxious.
(b) Angry and hostile.
(c) Injured and broken.
(d) Happy and encouraged.
11. After jumping from the plane, who does Jack see below him floating to the ground?
12. Why does Jack give away his egg?
(a) The child is starving.
(b) The pregnant woman is starving.
(c) Stan is passing out from hunger.
(d) The old man is begging him.
13. After crossing into the new country, what do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers get a ride from?
(a) An old farmer.
(b) A tank.
(c) A troop transport.
(d) A utility van.
14. How can Jack understand the German language?
(a) He took German in high school.
(b) His Grandmother spoke Yiddish.
(c) He had to learn some German in during training.
(d) He is half German.
15. How do Jack and Stan escape their imprisonment?
(a) They slip out through a window.
(b) They break down the door.
(c) They dig their way out.
(d) They overpower the guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of the German guards blame the Americans for?
2. What does Jack's plane have to do because of the lead plane in the final mission?
3. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 13, how many German soldiers grab Jack?
4. What do Jack and Stan talk about that is a sore subject for Jack?
5. Why does Jack turn his shirt inside out after getting rid of his flight gear?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)