|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what do Jack and Stan hear the Germans yelling about at night?
(a) The Americans are coming.
(b) The Russians are coming.
(c) The Japanese are coming.
(d) We have won.
2. Why is Jack confused about this final mission?
(a) He thought there would be many more missions since the war has not ended.
(b) He does not understand why they are bombing this particular city.
(c) He thought they were out of bombs.
(d) The war in Europe is reported to be nearly at an end.
3. Where do the German soldiers take Jack?
(a) City office building.
(b) An empty house.
(c) Military base.
(d) Camp in the woods.
4. What does one of the German guards blame the Americans for?
(a) The lack of fuel to fly his plane.
(b) The death of his fallen comrade.
(c) The death of his family.
(d) The lack of food.
5. Who else is coming to fight that the German soldiers are scared of?
6. Where are Jack and Stan taken when their bus arrives at its destination?
(a) A room where their wounds are treated.
(b) A room where they are separated and questioned.
(c) A room where they must change their clothes and shower.
(d) A cell that they will be sharing.
7. What happens to Jack's plane during the final mission?
(a) The plane catches fire and they make a crash landing.
(b) The plan is hit heavily with flak causing the wing to break and fall off.
(c) They finish their mission and land safely.
(d) The plane loses an engine and crashes into the ocean.
8. Where is Stan from?
(c) New Orleans.
9. What does Stan wonder about the German soldiers?
(a) How old they are.
(b) If they should trust them.
(c) If they will kill them.
(d) If they have girlfriends.
10. On Jack's second night after his plane crashes, what does he eat after he sneaks into a house?
11. What does Jack's plane have to do because of the lead plane in the final mission?
(a) Carry extra soldiers.
(b) Turn around and head back.
(c) Repeat the bombing pattern.
(d) Rescue the falling crew members from the lead plane.
12. What is the first location that Jack hides behind after parachuting out of the plane?
(a) An empty tank.
(b) A low wall.
(c) A ditch.
(d) A large tree.
13. After crossing into the new country, what do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers get a ride from?
(a) An old farmer.
(b) A utility van.
(c) A tank.
(d) A troop transport.
14. What does Jack see one of his crewmates doing in an effort to try and escape the bullets flying around him?
(a) Use a flak jacket as a shield.
(b) Flail around.
(c) Cut his parachute cords.
(d) Climb his cords.
15. Where do Jack and Stan travel to after escaping?
(a) The Austrian lines.
(b) The American lines.
(c) The Russian lines.
(d) The English lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack worry about after he jumps from the plane?
2. Whose ration do Jack and Stan share a half of?
3. The night after the Germans yelling, how many guards are watching over Jack and Stan?
4. After breaking free of their imprisonment, what does a soldier tell Jack and Stan?
5. How do Jack and Stan escape their imprisonment?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)