|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack tell Stan about himself?
(a) He tells him about Dotty.
(b) His real age and how he came to be in the Army.
(c) He makes up a story about his heroism.
(d) How frightened he is.
2. How can Jack understand the German language?
(a) He took German in high school.
(b) His Grandmother spoke Yiddish.
(c) He had to learn some German in during training.
(d) He is half German.
3. How many German soldiers come and take Stan and Jack out of the hospital?
4. Why does Jack give away his egg?
(a) The pregnant woman is starving.
(b) The old man is begging him.
(c) The child is starving.
(d) Stan is passing out from hunger.
5. What are the German Soldiers names?
(a) Mack, Dieter, Willy, Alrich, and Emeric.
(b) Mack, Wallace, Alrich, Fredrich.
(c) Willy and Karl.
(d) Fredrich, Karl, Dieter.
6. Why did Jack not want to give the person his egg at first?
(a) The old man is German and his enemy.
(b) The woman is German and his enemy.
(c) The child is German and his enemy.
(d) He wants the egg all for himself.
7. What do two soldiers give Jack and Stan after they escape their imprisonment?
8. Where do the German soldiers leave Jack and Stan in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) At the border.
(b) In a locked hospital room.
(c) In a man-made cage.
(d) In a cell.
9. What does Jack's plane have to do because of the lead plane in the final mission?
(a) Carry extra soldiers.
(b) Repeat the bombing pattern.
(c) Rescue the falling crew members from the lead plane.
(d) Turn around and head back.
10. After rushing from the house he broke into, what does Jack not notice as he comes to a town?
(a) A barbed wire fence.
(b) A check point with soldiers.
(c) Allied soldiers hiding.
(d) German soldiers camping in the woods.
11. Why are Jack and Stan, the fellow soldier that he meets, kept together?
(a) They have the worst wounds.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They are the least injured of those aboard the bus.
(d) They are the only Americans.
12. Why does Jack hold onto his egg most of the day?
(a) He hates eggs.
(b) He wants to share his egg with Stan.
(c) He is sick and cannot eat.
(d) He wants to wait until they stop before eating it so he can enjoy it.
13. Who gives Jack and Stan each a boiled egg?
(b) A priest.
(d) A Rabbi.
14. What does Jack tell the German solider who interviews him?
(a) Nothing at all.
(b) Where he landed and what mission he is on.
(c) Nothing other than his name, rank, and serial number.
(d) Jack tells him he is German.
15. After Jack runs from the house that he broke into, what does he steal?
(a) A bike.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack hope Dave is doing to discourage shooters?
2. What does Stan tell Jack about himself?
3. Who are Jack and Stan on the road with for many days?
4. After heading into the woods, what does Jack come across but is too afraid to approach?
5. Who does Jack see killed from one of the firing plane's bullets while traveling with Stan, their German guards, and some other soldiers?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)