|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jack's crew assigned to fly their final bomb run over?
(a) Pilsen, Czechoslovakia.
(b) Frankfurt, Germany.
(c) Berlin, Germany.
(d) Hiroshima, Japan.
2. After being captured and while on the bus, what does Jack call out to the other passengers?
(a) Screams obscenities at the Germans.
(b) Yells for help.
(c) The names of his crewmembers.
(d) Proclaims that he's an American.
3. Why is Jack confused about this final mission?
(a) The war in Europe is reported to be nearly at an end.
(b) He thought there would be many more missions since the war has not ended.
(c) He thought they were out of bombs.
(d) He does not understand why they are bombing this particular city.
4. What does Stan tell Jack about himself?
(a) How many Germans he has killed.
(b) How frightened he is.
(c) How homesick he is.
(d) His reasons for joining the Army Air Corps, the money, and about home.
5. While traveling in Part 3, Chapter 17, what country's plane flies over Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers and opens fire?
6. After being interviewed by the German solider, where is Jack sent to spend the night?
(a) Tied to a tree.
(b) A pit in the ground.
(c) A tent, guarded by soldiers.
(d) A cell.
7. What does Jack hope Dave is doing to discourage shooters?
(b) Playing dead.
(d) Shooting back.
8. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 13, how many German soldiers grab Jack?
9. What is the first location that Jack hides behind after parachuting out of the plane?
(a) A low wall.
(b) A ditch.
(c) A large tree.
(d) An empty tank.
10. On Jack's second night after his plane crashes, what does he eat after he sneaks into a house?
11. What does Jack's plane have to do because of the lead plane in the final mission?
(a) Rescue the falling crew members from the lead plane.
(b) Repeat the bombing pattern.
(c) Carry extra soldiers.
(d) Turn around and head back.
12. What does Jack see one of his crewmates doing in an effort to try and escape the bullets flying around him?
(a) Flail around.
(b) Cut his parachute cords.
(c) Use a flak jacket as a shield.
(d) Climb his cords.
13. How do Jack and Stan leave their German captors?
(a) Ride horses.
(c) Ride bikes.
(d) They take a vehicle.
14. What does Jack tell the German solider who interviews him?
(a) Nothing other than his name, rank, and serial number.
(b) Jack tells him he is German.
(c) Where he landed and what mission he is on.
(d) Nothing at all.
15. When is Jack's crew assigned their final mission?
(a) April 27, 1946.
(b) April 24, 1944.
(c) April 28, 1946.
(d) April 25, 1945.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being captured, where does the bus take Jack?
2. Why does Jack begin to question the reasoning behind the war?
3. Where do Jack and Stan travel to after escaping?
4. Why does Jack give away his egg?
5. What country do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers cross over to in Part 3, Chapter 17?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)