|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night after the Germans yelling, how many guards are watching over Jack and Stan?
2. What section of the plane does Jack see Dave, nearly suffocated, coming out of?
(b) Bomb bay.
(c) Middle of plane.
3. Who does Jack see killed from one of the firing plane's bullets while traveling with Stan, their German guards, and some other soldiers?
(a) A German soldier who was nice to Jack.
(b) A German civilian.
(c) An American soldier who was complaining about the Germans.
(d) A German soldier who was complaining about the Americans.
4. After Jack runs from the house that he broke into, what does he steal?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A bike.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
5. What does Jack tell Stan about himself?
(a) He tells him about Dotty.
(b) How frightened he is.
(c) His real age and how he came to be in the Army.
(d) He makes up a story about his heroism.
6. When Jack is put on a bus on the morning after being captured, who are the other passengers?
(a) Jack's other crewmates.
(b) German Soldiers.
(c) American soldiers, none of whome Jack knows.
(d) Jewish prisoners.
7. After breaking free of their imprisonment, what does a soldier tell Jack and Stan?
(a) The Japanese are coming.
(b) The Russians are coming.
(c) The Germans have won.
(d) The war is over.
8. Why are Jack and Stan, the fellow soldier that he meets, kept together?
(a) They are the least injured of those aboard the bus.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They are the only Americans.
(d) They have the worst wounds.
9. Why did Jack not want to give the person his egg at first?
(a) He wants the egg all for himself.
(b) The child is German and his enemy.
(c) The woman is German and his enemy.
(d) The old man is German and his enemy.
10. What does Jack see one of his crewmates doing in an effort to try and escape the bullets flying around him?
(a) Cut his parachute cords.
(b) Flail around.
(c) Use a flak jacket as a shield.
(d) Climb his cords.
11. What does Stan wonder about the German soldiers?
(a) If they have girlfriends.
(b) If they will kill them.
(c) If they should trust them.
(d) How old they are.
12. Who are Jack and Stan on the road with for many days?
(a) Willy and Karl.
(b) Mack, Wallace, Alrich, Fredrich.
(c) Fredrich, Karl, Dieter.
(d) Mack, Dieter, Willy, Alrich, and Emeric.
13. What does Jack's plane have to do because of the lead plane in the final mission?
(a) Carry extra soldiers.
(b) Repeat the bombing pattern.
(c) Rescue the falling crew members from the lead plane.
(d) Turn around and head back.
14. What do Jack and Stan talk about that is a sore subject for Jack?
(a) Their families.
(b) Hitler and what he has done to the Jews.
(c) Fallen comrades.
(d) Their experiences in the war.
15. How do Jack and Stan leave their German captors?
(b) They take a vehicle.
(c) Ride horses.
(d) Ride bikes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the German Soldiers names?
2. Where do the German soldiers leave Jack and Stan in Part 3, Chapter 17?
3. When does the bus that Jack is waiting aboard leave?
4. Who gives Jack and Stan each a boiled egg?
5. After crossing into the new country, what do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers get a ride from?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)