|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the German soldiers take Jack?
(a) An empty house.
(b) Camp in the woods.
(c) City office building.
(d) Military base.
2. What does one of the German guards blame the Americans for?
(a) The death of his fallen comrade.
(b) The lack of fuel to fly his plane.
(c) The death of his family.
(d) The lack of food.
3. After crossing into the new country, what do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers get a ride from?
(a) An old farmer.
(b) A utility van.
(c) A troop transport.
(d) A tank.
4. How can Jack understand the German language?
(a) He had to learn some German in during training.
(b) His Grandmother spoke Yiddish.
(c) He took German in high school.
(d) He is half German.
5. What are the German Soldiers names?
(a) Willy and Karl.
(b) Mack, Wallace, Alrich, Fredrich.
(c) Mack, Dieter, Willy, Alrich, and Emeric.
(d) Fredrich, Karl, Dieter.
6. Whom does Jack give his egg to?
(a) A pregnant woman.
(b) An old man.
(d) A child.
7. Who gives Jack and Stan each a boiled egg?
(b) A priest.
(d) A Rabbi.
8. What does Stan wonder about the German soldiers?
(a) If they should trust them.
(b) If they have girlfriends.
(c) How old they are.
(d) If they will kill them.
9. What occurred a few short weeks before Jack is assigned his final mission?
(a) His furlough.
(b) His birthday.
(c) He was wounded.
(d) He called home.
10. Why does Jack begin to question the reasoning behind the war?
(a) He really likes the German soldiers who guard him.
(b) He realizes that most of the German people are just like him.
(c) He realizes that there was no reason for the fighting.
(d) He does not understand why America had to get involved.
11. What does Jack do with his parachute after landing in enemy territory?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Throws it away.
(c) Leaves it where he landed.
(d) Buries it.
12. What does Stan tell Jack about himself?
(a) His reasons for joining the Army Air Corps, the money, and about home.
(b) How homesick he is.
(c) How frightened he is.
(d) How many Germans he has killed.
13. When is Jack's crew assigned their final mission?
(a) April 25, 1945.
(b) April 24, 1944.
(c) April 28, 1946.
(d) April 27, 1946.
14. What does Jack's plane have to do because of the lead plane in the final mission?
(a) Rescue the falling crew members from the lead plane.
(b) Turn around and head back.
(c) Carry extra soldiers.
(d) Repeat the bombing pattern.
15. What do the German soldiers that grab Jack make him do?
(a) Get on his knees.
(c) Eat dirt.
(d) Shave his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. After rushing from the house he broke into, what does Jack not notice as he comes to a town?
2. What is the first location that Jack hides behind after parachuting out of the plane?
3. How many German soldiers come and take Stan and Jack out of the hospital?
4. What does Jack tell Stan about himself?
5. Why is Jack confused about this final mission?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)