|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack tell Stan about himself?
(a) He tells him about Dotty.
(b) How frightened he is.
(c) He makes up a story about his heroism.
(d) His real age and how he came to be in the Army.
2. On Jack's last mission, what happens to the lead plane?
(a) It is shot down.
(b) It experiences engine failure and crashes.
(c) It releases its bombs too early.
(d) It fails to release its bombs when they reach the target area.
3. After breaking free of their imprisonment, what does a soldier tell Jack and Stan?
(a) The Japanese are coming.
(b) The Russians are coming.
(c) The war is over.
(d) The Germans have won.
4. What do the German soldiers that grab Jack make him do?
(a) Eat dirt.
(b) Shave his head.
(d) Get on his knees.
5. Why did Jack not want to give the person his egg at first?
(a) The woman is German and his enemy.
(b) He wants the egg all for himself.
(c) The old man is German and his enemy.
(d) The child is German and his enemy.
6. After jumping from the plane, who does Jack see below him floating to the ground?
7. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what do Jack and Stan hear the Germans yelling about at night?
(a) The Russians are coming.
(b) The Japanese are coming.
(c) The Americans are coming.
(d) We have won.
8. When Jack lands after jumping from his plane, why does he not immediately bury his parachute?
(a) He has a wounded arm.
(b) He is captured.
(c) The ground is too tough.
(d) He can hear footsteps coming toward him.
9. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 13, how many German soldiers grab Jack?
10. Whom does Jack give his egg to?
(b) A child.
(c) An old man.
(d) A pregnant woman.
11. What does one of the German guards blame the Americans for?
(a) The lack of food.
(b) The death of his family.
(c) The lack of fuel to fly his plane.
(d) The death of his fallen comrade.
12. On Jack's second night after his plane crashes, what does he eat after he sneaks into a house?
13. After being captured and while on the bus, what does Jack call out to the other passengers?
(a) Screams obscenities at the Germans.
(b) Yells for help.
(c) The names of his crewmembers.
(d) Proclaims that he's an American.
14. After jumping from the plane, who does Jack see above him?
15. Where is Jack's crew assigned to fly their final bomb run over?
(a) Frankfurt, Germany.
(b) Berlin, Germany.
(c) Pilsen, Czechoslovakia.
(d) Hiroshima, Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the German guards treat Stan and Jack at first?
2. Why does Jack turn his shirt inside out after getting rid of his flight gear?
3. After being interviewed by the German solider, where is Jack sent to spend the night?
4. How are Jack and Stan welcomed back?
5. Why does Jack give away his egg?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)