|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Stan from?
(a) New Orleans.
2. How do Jack and Stan escape their imprisonment?
(a) They dig their way out.
(b) They overpower the guards.
(c) They break down the door.
(d) They slip out through a window.
3. What does one of the German guards blame the Americans for?
(a) The lack of fuel to fly his plane.
(b) The death of his family.
(c) The death of his fallen comrade.
(d) The lack of food.
4. Why does Jack hold onto his egg most of the day?
(a) He wants to share his egg with Stan.
(b) He wants to wait until they stop before eating it so he can enjoy it.
(c) He hates eggs.
(d) He is sick and cannot eat.
5. When does the bus that Jack is waiting aboard leave?
(a) At dusk.
(b) In the morning.
(c) A few minutes after boards.
(d) An hour after boards.
6. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what do Jack and Stan hear the Germans yelling about at night?
(a) The Americans are coming.
(b) The Russians are coming.
(c) We have won.
(d) The Japanese are coming.
7. What happens to Jack's plane during the final mission?
(a) They finish their mission and land safely.
(b) The plane loses an engine and crashes into the ocean.
(c) The plan is hit heavily with flak causing the wing to break and fall off.
(d) The plane catches fire and they make a crash landing.
8. What does Jack tell Stan about himself?
(a) His real age and how he came to be in the Army.
(b) He makes up a story about his heroism.
(c) How frightened he is.
(d) He tells him about Dotty.
9. After breaking free of their imprisonment, what does a soldier tell Jack and Stan?
(a) The war is over.
(b) The Japanese are coming.
(c) The Russians are coming.
(d) The Germans have won.
10. After being captured, where does the bus take Jack?
(a) A German prison.
(b) A burned out building in the city.
(c) A concentration camp.
(d) A German hospital.
11. Who gives Jack and Stan each a boiled egg?
(b) A Rabbi.
(c) A priest.
12. After jumping from the plane, who does Jack see below him floating to the ground?
13. After Jack runs from the house that he broke into, what does he steal?
(a) A gun.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A bike.
(d) A knife.
14. How do Jack and Stan leave their German captors?
(a) They take a vehicle.
(c) Ride horses.
(d) Ride bikes.
15. Why did Jack not want to give the person his egg at first?
(a) The old man is German and his enemy.
(b) The woman is German and his enemy.
(c) He wants the egg all for himself.
(d) The child is German and his enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. After crossing into the new country, what do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers get a ride from?
2. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 13, how many German soldiers grab Jack?
3. Who else is coming to fight that the German soldiers are scared of?
4. Where do Jack and Stan travel to after escaping?
5. The night after the Germans yelling, how many guards are watching over Jack and Stan?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)