|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the German soldiers that grab Jack make him do?
(a) Shave his head.
(b) Eat dirt.
(d) Get on his knees.
2. Why does Jack turn his shirt inside out after getting rid of his flight gear?
(a) To hide his military insignia.
(b) To make himself appear like a peasant.
(c) To hide his name.
(d) To hide the dried blood.
3. Who are Jack and Stan on the road with for many days?
(a) Mack, Dieter, Willy, Alrich, and Emeric.
(b) Mack, Wallace, Alrich, Fredrich.
(c) Fredrich, Karl, Dieter.
(d) Willy and Karl.
4. What does one of the German guards blame the Americans for?
(a) The death of his fallen comrade.
(b) The lack of food.
(c) The lack of fuel to fly his plane.
(d) The death of his family.
5. What does Jack see one of his crewmates doing in an effort to try and escape the bullets flying around him?
(a) Climb his cords.
(b) Flail around.
(c) Use a flak jacket as a shield.
(d) Cut his parachute cords.
6. What occurred a few short weeks before Jack is assigned his final mission?
(a) He called home.
(b) His birthday.
(c) His furlough.
(d) He was wounded.
7. What does Jack tell Stan about himself?
(a) How frightened he is.
(b) He tells him about Dotty.
(c) His real age and how he came to be in the Army.
(d) He makes up a story about his heroism.
8. What happens to Chuckie during the final mission?
(a) He is almost hit by a stray bullet.
(b) He loses his leg.
(c) He jumps from the plane, but is saved by his parachute.
(d) He dies.
9. What does Jack hope Dave is doing to discourage shooters?
(a) Playing dead.
(d) Shooting back.
10. When Jack is put on a bus on the morning after being captured, who are the other passengers?
(a) Jewish prisoners.
(b) American soldiers, none of whome Jack knows.
(c) Jack's other crewmates.
(d) German Soldiers.
11. What happens to Jack's plane during the final mission?
(a) The plane catches fire and they make a crash landing.
(b) The plane loses an engine and crashes into the ocean.
(c) They finish their mission and land safely.
(d) The plan is hit heavily with flak causing the wing to break and fall off.
12. Who gives Jack and Stan each a boiled egg?
(c) A Rabbi.
(d) A priest.
13. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 13, how many German soldiers grab Jack?
14. What does Stan tell Jack about himself?
(a) How homesick he is.
(b) His reasons for joining the Army Air Corps, the money, and about home.
(c) How many Germans he has killed.
(d) How frightened he is.
15. Whom does Jack give his egg to?
(a) A pregnant woman.
(c) A child.
(d) An old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What section of the plane does Jack see Dave, nearly suffocated, coming out of?
2. What does Jack do with his parachute after landing in enemy territory?
3. Who do the German soldiers tell Jack and Stan are coming in Part 3, Chapter 17?
4. What are the German Soldiers names?
5. Why does Jack begin to question the reasoning behind the war?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)