|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After jumping from the plane, who does Jack see below him floating to the ground?
2. What does Jack's plane have to do because of the lead plane in the final mission?
(a) Rescue the falling crew members from the lead plane.
(b) Turn around and head back.
(c) Carry extra soldiers.
(d) Repeat the bombing pattern.
3. Who else is coming to fight that the German soldiers are scared of?
4. Who gives Jack and Stan each a boiled egg?
(b) A Rabbi.
(d) A priest.
5. Why does Jack turn his shirt inside out after getting rid of his flight gear?
(a) To hide his name.
(b) To make himself appear like a peasant.
(c) To hide the dried blood.
(d) To hide his military insignia.
6. After breaking free of their imprisonment, what does a soldier tell Jack and Stan?
(a) The Russians are coming.
(b) The Germans have won.
(c) The Japanese are coming.
(d) The war is over.
7. Who does Jack see killed from one of the firing plane's bullets while traveling with Stan, their German guards, and some other soldiers?
(a) A German civilian.
(b) A German soldier who was nice to Jack.
(c) A German soldier who was complaining about the Americans.
(d) An American soldier who was complaining about the Germans.
8. What country do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers cross over to in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) Czech Republic.
9. Where do the German soldiers take Jack and Stan after they have been shot at by the airplane?
(a) A German army camp.
(b) A German hospital.
(c) A concentration camp.
(d) The country's border.
10. When does the bus that Jack is waiting aboard leave?
(a) At dusk.
(b) In the morning.
(c) An hour after boards.
(d) A few minutes after boards.
11. What happens to Jack's plane during the final mission?
(a) They finish their mission and land safely.
(b) The plane loses an engine and crashes into the ocean.
(c) The plane catches fire and they make a crash landing.
(d) The plan is hit heavily with flak causing the wing to break and fall off.
12. When Jack lands after jumping from his plane, why does he not immediately bury his parachute?
(a) The ground is too tough.
(b) He is captured.
(c) He can hear footsteps coming toward him.
(d) He has a wounded arm.
13. Where do the German soldiers leave Jack and Stan in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) In a man-made cage.
(b) At the border.
(c) In a cell.
(d) In a locked hospital room.
14. On Jack's last mission, what happens to the lead plane?
(a) It fails to release its bombs when they reach the target area.
(b) It is shot down.
(c) It experiences engine failure and crashes.
(d) It releases its bombs too early.
15. What are the German Soldiers names?
(a) Mack, Wallace, Alrich, Fredrich.
(b) Willy and Karl.
(c) Mack, Dieter, Willy, Alrich, and Emeric.
(d) Fredrich, Karl, Dieter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose ration do Jack and Stan share a half of?
2. What does one of the German guards blame the Americans for?
3. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 13, how many German soldiers grab Jack?
4. Why did Jack not want to give the person his egg at first?
5. What does Stan wonder about the German soldiers?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)