|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many German soldiers come and take Stan and Jack out of the hospital?
2. Who gives Jack and Stan each a boiled egg?
(a) A priest.
(b) A Rabbi.
3. Who does Jack see killed from one of the firing plane's bullets while traveling with Stan, their German guards, and some other soldiers?
(a) A German soldier who was complaining about the Americans.
(b) A German civilian.
(c) A German soldier who was nice to Jack.
(d) An American soldier who was complaining about the Germans.
4. Why does Jack give away his egg?
(a) The child is starving.
(b) The pregnant woman is starving.
(c) Stan is passing out from hunger.
(d) The old man is begging him.
5. How do Jack and Stan leave their German captors?
(a) Ride bikes.
(b) They take a vehicle.
(d) Ride horses.
6. Where is Stan from?
(b) New Orleans.
7. What do two soldiers give Jack and Stan after they escape their imprisonment?
8. What does Jack hope Dave is doing to discourage shooters?
(a) Shooting back.
(c) Playing dead.
9. Why does Jack hold onto his egg most of the day?
(a) He wants to wait until they stop before eating it so he can enjoy it.
(b) He hates eggs.
(c) He wants to share his egg with Stan.
(d) He is sick and cannot eat.
10. Where do the German soldiers take Jack?
(a) Military base.
(b) An empty house.
(c) City office building.
(d) Camp in the woods.
11. After crossing into the new country, what do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers get a ride from?
(a) A utility van.
(b) An old farmer.
(c) A tank.
(d) A troop transport.
12. What is the second location where Jack hides after parachuting out of the plane?
(a) A ditch.
(b) A low wall.
(c) An empty tank.
(d) A large tree.
13. When Jack is put on a bus on the morning after being captured, who are the other passengers?
(a) German Soldiers.
(b) American soldiers, none of whome Jack knows.
(c) Jewish prisoners.
(d) Jack's other crewmates.
14. What does Jack worry about after he jumps from the plane?
(a) His parachute will not open quickly enough.
(b) Crashing to the ground.
(c) Leaving Chuckie alone.
(d) He might have bailed too soon.
15. What occurred a few short weeks before Jack is assigned his final mission?
(a) His birthday.
(b) He called home.
(c) He was wounded.
(d) His furlough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack tell Stan about himself?
2. What do Jack and Stan talk about that is a sore subject for Jack?
3. What section of the plane does Jack see Dave, nearly suffocated, coming out of?
4. Jack sees many Germans during his trip with the soldiers, how are they?
5. How do Jack and Stan escape their imprisonment?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)