|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jack and Stan compare the differences of?
(a) Miami and New Orleans.
(b) Brooklyn and Miami.
(c) Buffalo and New Orleans.
(d) Buffalo and the Bronx.
2. What does Stan wonder about the German soldiers?
(a) If they will kill them.
(b) If they have girlfriends.
(c) How old they are.
(d) If they should trust them.
3. Why are Jack and Stan, the fellow soldier that he meets, kept together?
(a) They are the only Americans.
(b) They have the worst wounds.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are the least injured of those aboard the bus.
4. What does Jack hope Dave is doing to discourage shooters?
(b) Shooting back.
(c) Playing dead.
5. Where are Jack and Stan taken when their bus arrives at its destination?
(a) A room where they are separated and questioned.
(b) A room where their wounds are treated.
(c) A cell that they will be sharing.
(d) A room where they must change their clothes and shower.
6. When Jack is put on a bus on the morning after being captured, who are the other passengers?
(a) American soldiers, none of whome Jack knows.
(b) Jack's other crewmates.
(c) Jewish prisoners.
(d) German Soldiers.
7. After Jack runs from the house that he broke into, what does he steal?
(a) A knife.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A bike.
(d) A gun.
8. What section of the plane does Jack see Dave, nearly suffocated, coming out of?
(b) Bomb bay.
(c) Middle of plane.
9. What is the second location where Jack hides after parachuting out of the plane?
(a) A ditch.
(b) A low wall.
(c) An empty tank.
(d) A large tree.
10. While traveling in Part 3, Chapter 17, what country's plane flies over Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers and opens fire?
11. After being captured and while on the bus, what does Jack call out to the other passengers?
(a) Proclaims that he's an American.
(b) Screams obscenities at the Germans.
(c) The names of his crewmembers.
(d) Yells for help.
12. Why does Jack hold onto his egg most of the day?
(a) He is sick and cannot eat.
(b) He hates eggs.
(c) He wants to wait until they stop before eating it so he can enjoy it.
(d) He wants to share his egg with Stan.
13. On Jack's last mission, what happens to the lead plane?
(a) It is shot down.
(b) It fails to release its bombs when they reach the target area.
(c) It releases its bombs too early.
(d) It experiences engine failure and crashes.
14. After jumping from the plane, who does Jack see above him?
15. What does Jack see one of his crewmates doing in an effort to try and escape the bullets flying around him?
(a) Use a flak jacket as a shield.
(b) Flail around.
(c) Climb his cords.
(d) Cut his parachute cords.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what do Jack and Stan hear the Germans yelling about at night?
2. What do the German soldiers that grab Jack make him do?
3. Why does Jack turn his shirt inside out after getting rid of his flight gear?
4. After being captured, where does the bus take Jack?
5. What happens to Jack's plane during the final mission?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)