|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack turn his shirt inside out after getting rid of his flight gear?
(a) To hide the dried blood.
(b) To hide his name.
(c) To make himself appear like a peasant.
(d) To hide his military insignia.
2. When does the bus that Jack is waiting aboard leave?
(a) A few minutes after boards.
(b) At dusk.
(c) In the morning.
(d) An hour after boards.
3. What direction does Jack head in hopes of reaching Allied lines?
4. After breaking free of their imprisonment, what does a soldier tell Jack and Stan?
(a) The Russians are coming.
(b) The Germans have won.
(c) The Japanese are coming.
(d) The war is over.
5. What occurred a few short weeks before Jack is assigned his final mission?
(a) He called home.
(b) He was wounded.
(c) His birthday.
(d) His furlough.
6. Who else is coming to fight that the German soldiers are scared of?
7. After Jack runs from the house that he broke into, what does he steal?
(a) A bike.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
8. Where do the German soldiers take Jack?
(a) City office building.
(b) Camp in the woods.
(c) An empty house.
(d) Military base.
9. Why does Jack hold onto his egg most of the day?
(a) He is sick and cannot eat.
(b) He hates eggs.
(c) He wants to wait until they stop before eating it so he can enjoy it.
(d) He wants to share his egg with Stan.
10. Where is Jack's crew assigned to fly their final bomb run over?
(a) Hiroshima, Japan.
(b) Frankfurt, Germany.
(c) Pilsen, Czechoslovakia.
(d) Berlin, Germany.
11. What is the second location where Jack hides after parachuting out of the plane?
(a) A ditch.
(b) A low wall.
(c) A large tree.
(d) An empty tank.
12. When Jack is put on a bus on the morning after being captured, who are the other passengers?
(a) American soldiers, none of whome Jack knows.
(b) Jewish prisoners.
(c) German Soldiers.
(d) Jack's other crewmates.
13. What does Jack see one of his crewmates doing in an effort to try and escape the bullets flying around him?
(a) Cut his parachute cords.
(b) Flail around.
(c) Use a flak jacket as a shield.
(d) Climb his cords.
14. After jumping from the plane, who does Jack see below him floating to the ground?
15. Where are Jack and Stan taken when their bus arrives at its destination?
(a) A room where they are separated and questioned.
(b) A room where they must change their clothes and shower.
(c) A room where their wounds are treated.
(d) A cell that they will be sharing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jack and Stan talk about that is a sore subject for Jack?
2. Where do the German soldiers take Jack and Stan after they have been shot at by the airplane?
3. What is the first location that Jack hides behind after parachuting out of the plane?
4. Why does Jack begin to question the reasoning behind the war?
5. What does one of the German guards blame the Americans for?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)