|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else is coming to fight that the German soldiers are scared of?
2. What do the German soldiers that grab Jack make him do?
(a) Eat dirt.
(c) Shave his head.
(d) Get on his knees.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what do Jack and Stan hear the Germans yelling about at night?
(a) The Japanese are coming.
(b) The Americans are coming.
(c) The Russians are coming.
(d) We have won.
4. How can Jack understand the German language?
(a) He is half German.
(b) His Grandmother spoke Yiddish.
(c) He took German in high school.
(d) He had to learn some German in during training.
5. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 13, how many German soldiers grab Jack?
6. What does Jack worry about after he jumps from the plane?
(a) Crashing to the ground.
(b) Leaving Chuckie alone.
(c) He might have bailed too soon.
(d) His parachute will not open quickly enough.
7. Where do the German soldiers take Jack and Stan after they have been shot at by the airplane?
(a) A German army camp.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) The country's border.
(d) A German hospital.
8. Whose ration do Jack and Stan share a half of?
9. Where is Stan from?
(c) New Orleans.
10. Why are Jack and Stan, the fellow soldier that he meets, kept together?
(a) They are the least injured of those aboard the bus.
(b) They are the only Americans.
(c) They have the worst wounds.
(d) They are best friends.
11. Who do the German soldiers tell Jack and Stan are coming in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The English.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Japanese.
12. Why did Jack not want to give the person his egg at first?
(a) The woman is German and his enemy.
(b) The old man is German and his enemy.
(c) He wants the egg all for himself.
(d) The child is German and his enemy.
13. When is Jack's crew assigned their final mission?
(a) April 24, 1944.
(b) April 28, 1946.
(c) April 25, 1945.
(d) April 27, 1946.
14. How do Jack and Stan escape their imprisonment?
(a) They overpower the guards.
(b) They slip out through a window.
(c) They break down the door.
(d) They dig their way out.
15. Who does Jack see killed from one of the firing plane's bullets while traveling with Stan, their German guards, and some other soldiers?
(a) A German soldier who was complaining about the Americans.
(b) A German soldier who was nice to Jack.
(c) A German civilian.
(d) An American soldier who was complaining about the Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jack is put on a bus on the morning after being captured, who are the other passengers?
2. Since Jack can somewhat understand the German soldiers, what does he learn from them?
3. What does Stan tell Jack about himself?
4. What occurred a few short weeks before Jack is assigned his final mission?
5. What does one of the German guards blame the Americans for?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)