|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jack's plane during the final mission?
(a) The plane loses an engine and crashes into the ocean.
(b) They finish their mission and land safely.
(c) The plane catches fire and they make a crash landing.
(d) The plan is hit heavily with flak causing the wing to break and fall off.
2. Why does Jack begin to question the reasoning behind the war?
(a) He does not understand why America had to get involved.
(b) He realizes that most of the German people are just like him.
(c) He really likes the German soldiers who guard him.
(d) He realizes that there was no reason for the fighting.
3. Where do the German soldiers leave Jack and Stan in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) In a locked hospital room.
(b) In a man-made cage.
(c) In a cell.
(d) At the border.
4. Why is Jack confused about this final mission?
(a) He does not understand why they are bombing this particular city.
(b) He thought there would be many more missions since the war has not ended.
(c) He thought they were out of bombs.
(d) The war in Europe is reported to be nearly at an end.
5. Why did Jack not want to give the person his egg at first?
(a) The old man is German and his enemy.
(b) The woman is German and his enemy.
(c) The child is German and his enemy.
(d) He wants the egg all for himself.
6. On Jack's second night after his plane crashes, what does he eat after he sneaks into a house?
7. Where is Jack's crew assigned to fly their final bomb run over?
(a) Hiroshima, Japan.
(b) Berlin, Germany.
(c) Frankfurt, Germany.
(d) Pilsen, Czechoslovakia.
8. Who does Jack see killed from one of the firing plane's bullets while traveling with Stan, their German guards, and some other soldiers?
(a) A German soldier who was nice to Jack.
(b) A German soldier who was complaining about the Americans.
(c) An American soldier who was complaining about the Germans.
(d) A German civilian.
9. Why does Jack turn his shirt inside out after getting rid of his flight gear?
(a) To hide the dried blood.
(b) To hide his military insignia.
(c) To make himself appear like a peasant.
(d) To hide his name.
10. Why are Jack and Stan, the fellow soldier that he meets, kept together?
(a) They are the only Americans.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They have the worst wounds.
(d) They are the least injured of those aboard the bus.
11. How are Jack and Stan welcomed back?
12. Where is Stan from?
(a) New Orleans.
13. When Jack lands after jumping from his plane, why does he not immediately bury his parachute?
(a) He is captured.
(b) He can hear footsteps coming toward him.
(c) He has a wounded arm.
(d) The ground is too tough.
14. After heading into the woods, what does Jack come across but is too afraid to approach?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A van.
(c) A tent.
(d) A house.
15. Where do the German soldiers take Jack and Stan after they have been shot at by the airplane?
(a) A German hospital.
(b) A German army camp.
(c) A concentration camp.
(d) The country's border.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jack and Stan escape their imprisonment?
2. After jumping from the plane, who does Jack see below him floating to the ground?
3. What country do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers cross over to in Part 3, Chapter 17?
4. What occurred a few short weeks before Jack is assigned his final mission?
5. How do Jack and Stan leave their German captors?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)