|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While traveling in Part 3, Chapter 17, what country's plane flies over Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers and opens fire?
2. Why does Jack turn his shirt inside out after getting rid of his flight gear?
(a) To hide the dried blood.
(b) To hide his name.
(c) To make himself appear like a peasant.
(d) To hide his military insignia.
3. What happens to Chuckie during the final mission?
(a) He dies.
(b) He loses his leg.
(c) He is almost hit by a stray bullet.
(d) He jumps from the plane, but is saved by his parachute.
4. Where do the German soldiers leave Jack and Stan in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) In a cell.
(b) In a man-made cage.
(c) At the border.
(d) In a locked hospital room.
5. What does Jack's plane have to do because of the lead plane in the final mission?
(a) Rescue the falling crew members from the lead plane.
(b) Carry extra soldiers.
(c) Turn around and head back.
(d) Repeat the bombing pattern.
6. After being captured and while on the bus, what does Jack call out to the other passengers?
(a) Proclaims that he's an American.
(b) Yells for help.
(c) Screams obscenities at the Germans.
(d) The names of his crewmembers.
7. Where is Jack's crew assigned to fly their final bomb run over?
(a) Pilsen, Czechoslovakia.
(b) Berlin, Germany.
(c) Hiroshima, Japan.
(d) Frankfurt, Germany.
8. After being interviewed by the German solider, where is Jack sent to spend the night?
(a) Tied to a tree.
(b) A pit in the ground.
(c) A tent, guarded by soldiers.
(d) A cell.
9. What does Jack tell the German solider who interviews him?
(a) Where he landed and what mission he is on.
(b) Nothing at all.
(c) Nothing other than his name, rank, and serial number.
(d) Jack tells him he is German.
10. Since Jack can somewhat understand the German soldiers, what does he learn from them?
(a) They will never surrender.
(b) They want to give themselves up to the Americans.
(c) They hate Hitler.
(d) They wish they had never joined the war effort.
11. Who else is coming to fight that the German soldiers are scared of?
12. What does Jack do with his parachute after landing in enemy territory?
(a) Leaves it where he landed.
(b) Throws it away.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Burns it.
13. What does one of the German guards blame the Americans for?
(a) The death of his family.
(b) The death of his fallen comrade.
(c) The lack of fuel to fly his plane.
(d) The lack of food.
14. The night after the Germans yelling, how many guards are watching over Jack and Stan?
15. Why does Jack begin to question the reasoning behind the war?
(a) He does not understand why America had to get involved.
(b) He really likes the German soldiers who guard him.
(c) He realizes that most of the German people are just like him.
(d) He realizes that there was no reason for the fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. After rushing from the house he broke into, what does Jack not notice as he comes to a town?
2. Jack sees many Germans during his trip with the soldiers, how are they?
3. What does Jack tell Stan about himself?
4. How can Jack understand the German language?
5. After heading into the woods, what does Jack come across but is too afraid to approach?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)