|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers cross over to in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(c) Czech Republic.
2. What do Jack and Stan compare the differences of?
(a) Buffalo and New Orleans.
(b) Buffalo and the Bronx.
(c) Brooklyn and Miami.
(d) Miami and New Orleans.
3. What is the first location that Jack hides behind after parachuting out of the plane?
(a) A low wall.
(b) A ditch.
(c) A large tree.
(d) An empty tank.
4. What does Jack's plane have to do because of the lead plane in the final mission?
(a) Carry extra soldiers.
(b) Turn around and head back.
(c) Rescue the falling crew members from the lead plane.
(d) Repeat the bombing pattern.
5. Whose ration do Jack and Stan share a half of?
6. What does Stan wonder about the German soldiers?
(a) If they should trust them.
(b) If they have girlfriends.
(c) If they will kill them.
(d) How old they are.
7. The night after the Germans yelling, how many guards are watching over Jack and Stan?
8. How do Jack and Stan leave their German captors?
(a) Ride bikes.
(b) They take a vehicle.
(c) Ride horses.
9. After crossing into the new country, what do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers get a ride from?
(a) An old farmer.
(b) A utility van.
(c) A troop transport.
(d) A tank.
10. How can Jack understand the German language?
(a) His Grandmother spoke Yiddish.
(b) He had to learn some German in during training.
(c) He is half German.
(d) He took German in high school.
11. What do two soldiers give Jack and Stan after they escape their imprisonment?
12. What does Stan tell Jack about himself?
(a) How many Germans he has killed.
(b) His reasons for joining the Army Air Corps, the money, and about home.
(c) How frightened he is.
(d) How homesick he is.
13. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 13, how many German soldiers grab Jack?
14. What do the German soldiers that grab Jack make him do?
(a) Shave his head.
(b) Eat dirt.
(d) Get on his knees.
15. Who gives Jack and Stan each a boiled egg?
(b) A Rabbi.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the German guards treat Stan and Jack at first?
2. After rushing from the house he broke into, what does Jack not notice as he comes to a town?
3. What does one of the German guards blame the Americans for?
4. Where do the German soldiers take Jack?
5. After being captured, where does the bus take Jack?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)