|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jack's crew assigned to fly their final bomb run over?
(a) Hiroshima, Japan.
(b) Frankfurt, Germany.
(c) Berlin, Germany.
(d) Pilsen, Czechoslovakia.
2. After breaking free of their imprisonment, what does a soldier tell Jack and Stan?
(a) The Japanese are coming.
(b) The war is over.
(c) The Germans have won.
(d) The Russians are coming.
3. Who are Jack and Stan on the road with for many days?
(a) Mack, Dieter, Willy, Alrich, and Emeric.
(b) Willy and Karl.
(c) Mack, Wallace, Alrich, Fredrich.
(d) Fredrich, Karl, Dieter.
4. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what do Jack and Stan hear the Germans yelling about at night?
(a) We have won.
(b) The Russians are coming.
(c) The Americans are coming.
(d) The Japanese are coming.
5. Who do the German soldiers tell Jack and Stan are coming in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) The English.
6. Where is Stan from?
(a) New Orleans.
7. On Jack's second night after his plane crashes, what does he eat after he sneaks into a house?
8. When Jack lands after jumping from his plane, why does he not immediately bury his parachute?
(a) He is captured.
(b) He can hear footsteps coming toward him.
(c) The ground is too tough.
(d) He has a wounded arm.
9. What do Jack and Stan talk about that is a sore subject for Jack?
(a) Their families.
(b) Their experiences in the war.
(c) Fallen comrades.
(d) Hitler and what he has done to the Jews.
10. What does Jack worry about after he jumps from the plane?
(a) Leaving Chuckie alone.
(b) His parachute will not open quickly enough.
(c) Crashing to the ground.
(d) He might have bailed too soon.
11. What does Stan tell Jack about himself?
(a) How frightened he is.
(b) His reasons for joining the Army Air Corps, the money, and about home.
(c) How many Germans he has killed.
(d) How homesick he is.
12. What do two soldiers give Jack and Stan after they escape their imprisonment?
13. Why did Jack not want to give the person his egg at first?
(a) The child is German and his enemy.
(b) The woman is German and his enemy.
(c) The old man is German and his enemy.
(d) He wants the egg all for himself.
14. Since Jack can somewhat understand the German soldiers, what does he learn from them?
(a) They will never surrender.
(b) They want to give themselves up to the Americans.
(c) They wish they had never joined the war effort.
(d) They hate Hitler.
15. Who else is coming to fight that the German soldiers are scared of?
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Jack understand the German language?
2. How do the German guards treat Stan and Jack at first?
3. After jumping from the plane, who does Jack see below him floating to the ground?
4. Whose ration do Jack and Stan share a half of?
5. Why does Jack turn his shirt inside out after getting rid of his flight gear?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)