|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jack not want to give the person his egg at first?
(a) The old man is German and his enemy.
(b) The woman is German and his enemy.
(c) The child is German and his enemy.
(d) He wants the egg all for himself.
2. While traveling in Part 3, Chapter 17, what country's plane flies over Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers and opens fire?
3. After rushing from the house he broke into, what does Jack not notice as he comes to a town?
(a) A barbed wire fence.
(b) A check point with soldiers.
(c) Allied soldiers hiding.
(d) German soldiers camping in the woods.
4. After breaking free of their imprisonment, what does a soldier tell Jack and Stan?
(a) The Russians are coming.
(b) The war is over.
(c) The Japanese are coming.
(d) The Germans have won.
5. What do two soldiers give Jack and Stan after they escape their imprisonment?
6. Where do the German soldiers take Jack and Stan after they have been shot at by the airplane?
(a) A German hospital.
(b) The country's border.
(c) A concentration camp.
(d) A German army camp.
7. After being captured and while on the bus, what does Jack call out to the other passengers?
(a) Screams obscenities at the Germans.
(b) The names of his crewmembers.
(c) Proclaims that he's an American.
(d) Yells for help.
8. On Jack's second night after his plane crashes, what does he eat after he sneaks into a house?
9. When does the bus that Jack is waiting aboard leave?
(a) In the morning.
(b) An hour after boards.
(c) At dusk.
(d) A few minutes after boards.
10. Whom does Jack give his egg to?
(a) A pregnant woman.
(b) A child.
(d) An old man.
11. The night after the Germans yelling, how many guards are watching over Jack and Stan?
12. What are the German Soldiers names?
(a) Mack, Wallace, Alrich, Fredrich.
(b) Mack, Dieter, Willy, Alrich, and Emeric.
(c) Fredrich, Karl, Dieter.
(d) Willy and Karl.
13. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what do Jack and Stan hear the Germans yelling about at night?
(a) The Japanese are coming.
(b) The Americans are coming.
(c) The Russians are coming.
(d) We have won.
14. Why does Jack hold onto his egg most of the day?
(a) He wants to share his egg with Stan.
(b) He hates eggs.
(c) He wants to wait until they stop before eating it so he can enjoy it.
(d) He is sick and cannot eat.
15. After crossing into the new country, what do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers get a ride from?
(a) A utility van.
(b) An old farmer.
(c) A tank.
(d) A troop transport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack sees many Germans during his trip with the soldiers, how are they?
2. How do the German guards treat Stan and Jack at first?
3. What do the German soldiers that grab Jack make him do?
4. Since Jack can somewhat understand the German soldiers, what does he learn from them?
5. What occurred a few short weeks before Jack is assigned his final mission?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)