|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jack's plane during the final mission?
(a) The plane loses an engine and crashes into the ocean.
(b) The plane catches fire and they make a crash landing.
(c) The plan is hit heavily with flak causing the wing to break and fall off.
(d) They finish their mission and land safely.
2. What does Jack worry about after he jumps from the plane?
(a) Leaving Chuckie alone.
(b) Crashing to the ground.
(c) He might have bailed too soon.
(d) His parachute will not open quickly enough.
3. Jack sees many Germans during his trip with the soldiers, how are they?
(a) Nervous and anxious.
(b) Happy and encouraged.
(c) Angry and hostile.
(d) Injured and broken.
4. What do Jack and Stan talk about that is a sore subject for Jack?
(a) Fallen comrades.
(b) Their families.
(c) Hitler and what he has done to the Jews.
(d) Their experiences in the war.
5. After rushing from the house he broke into, what does Jack not notice as he comes to a town?
(a) German soldiers camping in the woods.
(b) Allied soldiers hiding.
(c) A check point with soldiers.
(d) A barbed wire fence.
6. Where do Jack and Stan travel to after escaping?
(a) The Russian lines.
(b) The Austrian lines.
(c) The English lines.
(d) The American lines.
7. Why does Jack begin to question the reasoning behind the war?
(a) He does not understand why America had to get involved.
(b) He really likes the German soldiers who guard him.
(c) He realizes that most of the German people are just like him.
(d) He realizes that there was no reason for the fighting.
8. What happens to Chuckie during the final mission?
(a) He dies.
(b) He jumps from the plane, but is saved by his parachute.
(c) He loses his leg.
(d) He is almost hit by a stray bullet.
9. What does Jack's plane have to do because of the lead plane in the final mission?
(a) Rescue the falling crew members from the lead plane.
(b) Repeat the bombing pattern.
(c) Turn around and head back.
(d) Carry extra soldiers.
10. What direction does Jack head in hopes of reaching Allied lines?
11. After breaking free of their imprisonment, what does a soldier tell Jack and Stan?
(a) The Germans have won.
(b) The Japanese are coming.
(c) The Russians are coming.
(d) The war is over.
12. Whom does Jack give his egg to?
(b) A pregnant woman.
(c) An old man.
(d) A child.
13. What does one of the German guards blame the Americans for?
(a) The death of his family.
(b) The death of his fallen comrade.
(c) The lack of food.
(d) The lack of fuel to fly his plane.
14. After crossing into the new country, what do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers get a ride from?
(a) A troop transport.
(b) An old farmer.
(c) A utility van.
(d) A tank.
15. Where is Stan from?
(a) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the German soldiers leave Jack and Stan in Part 3, Chapter 17?
2. Where is Jack's crew assigned to fly their final bomb run over?
3. How are Jack and Stan welcomed back?
4. What do the German soldiers that grab Jack make him do?
5. Who do the German soldiers tell Jack and Stan are coming in Part 3, Chapter 17?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)