|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do with his parachute after landing in enemy territory?
(a) Throws it away.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Leaves it where he landed.
2. After being captured, where does the bus take Jack?
(a) A German prison.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) A German hospital.
(d) A burned out building in the city.
3. When does the bus that Jack is waiting aboard leave?
(a) A few minutes after boards.
(b) In the morning.
(c) An hour after boards.
(d) At dusk.
4. Whom does Jack give his egg to?
(a) An old man.
(c) A child.
(d) A pregnant woman.
5. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 13, how many German soldiers grab Jack?
6. After crossing into the new country, what do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers get a ride from?
(a) A utility van.
(b) A tank.
(c) A troop transport.
(d) An old farmer.
7. Where is Stan from?
(c) New Orleans.
8. What section of the plane does Jack see Dave, nearly suffocated, coming out of?
(a) Bomb bay.
(d) Middle of plane.
9. Whose ration do Jack and Stan share a half of?
10. On Jack's second night after his plane crashes, what does he eat after he sneaks into a house?
11. What country do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers cross over to in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) Czech Republic.
12. Why does Jack begin to question the reasoning behind the war?
(a) He realizes that most of the German people are just like him.
(b) He realizes that there was no reason for the fighting.
(c) He really likes the German soldiers who guard him.
(d) He does not understand why America had to get involved.
13. What do Jack and Stan talk about that is a sore subject for Jack?
(a) Fallen comrades.
(b) Their experiences in the war.
(c) Their families.
(d) Hitler and what he has done to the Jews.
14. How do the German guards treat Stan and Jack at first?
15. How do Jack and Stan escape their imprisonment?
(a) They dig their way out.
(b) They break down the door.
(c) They overpower the guards.
(d) They slip out through a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the German soldiers tell Jack and Stan are coming in Part 3, Chapter 17?
2. When Jack lands after jumping from his plane, why does he not immediately bury his parachute?
3. What does Jack's plane have to do because of the lead plane in the final mission?
4. How can Jack understand the German language?
5. After Jack runs from the house that he broke into, what does he steal?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)