|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack's plane have to do because of the lead plane in the final mission?
(a) Repeat the bombing pattern.
(b) Rescue the falling crew members from the lead plane.
(c) Carry extra soldiers.
(d) Turn around and head back.
2. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what do Jack and Stan hear the Germans yelling about at night?
(a) We have won.
(b) The Americans are coming.
(c) The Japanese are coming.
(d) The Russians are coming.
3. What direction does Jack head in hopes of reaching Allied lines?
4. What is the second location where Jack hides after parachuting out of the plane?
(a) A low wall.
(b) An empty tank.
(c) A large tree.
(d) A ditch.
5. What occurred a few short weeks before Jack is assigned his final mission?
(a) His furlough.
(b) He called home.
(c) His birthday.
(d) He was wounded.
6. Where are Jack and Stan taken when their bus arrives at its destination?
(a) A room where they must change their clothes and shower.
(b) A room where their wounds are treated.
(c) A cell that they will be sharing.
(d) A room where they are separated and questioned.
7. Why does Jack hold onto his egg most of the day?
(a) He hates eggs.
(b) He wants to share his egg with Stan.
(c) He is sick and cannot eat.
(d) He wants to wait until they stop before eating it so he can enjoy it.
8. On Jack's last mission, what happens to the lead plane?
(a) It releases its bombs too early.
(b) It experiences engine failure and crashes.
(c) It is shot down.
(d) It fails to release its bombs when they reach the target area.
9. Who else is coming to fight that the German soldiers are scared of?
10. After heading into the woods, what does Jack come across but is too afraid to approach?
(a) A van.
(b) A house.
(c) A tent.
(d) A cabin.
11. Why are Jack and Stan, the fellow soldier that he meets, kept together?
(a) They have the worst wounds.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They are the least injured of those aboard the bus.
(d) They are the only Americans.
12. When is Jack's crew assigned their final mission?
(a) April 28, 1946.
(b) April 27, 1946.
(c) April 25, 1945.
(d) April 24, 1944.
13. What country do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers cross over to in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(c) Czech Republic.
14. When Jack is put on a bus on the morning after being captured, who are the other passengers?
(a) German Soldiers.
(b) Jack's other crewmates.
(c) Jewish prisoners.
(d) American soldiers, none of whome Jack knows.
15. Whom does Jack give his egg to?
(a) A child.
(c) A pregnant woman.
(d) An old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being captured, where does the bus take Jack?
2. Why did Jack not want to give the person his egg at first?
3. Why does Jack give away his egg?
4. What do Jack and Stan talk about that is a sore subject for Jack?
5. What does Jack see one of his crewmates doing in an effort to try and escape the bullets flying around him?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)