|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Chuckie during the final mission?
(a) He is almost hit by a stray bullet.
(b) He loses his leg.
(c) He jumps from the plane, but is saved by his parachute.
(d) He dies.
2. After heading into the woods, what does Jack come across but is too afraid to approach?
(a) A house.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A van.
(d) A tent.
3. After Jack runs from the house that he broke into, what does he steal?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A bike.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
4. What country do Jack, Stan, and the German soldiers cross over to in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(d) Czech Republic.
5. What do Jack and Stan compare the differences of?
(a) Brooklyn and Miami.
(b) Miami and New Orleans.
(c) Buffalo and the Bronx.
(d) Buffalo and New Orleans.
6. What does Jack's plane have to do because of the lead plane in the final mission?
(a) Turn around and head back.
(b) Repeat the bombing pattern.
(c) Rescue the falling crew members from the lead plane.
(d) Carry extra soldiers.
7. How do Jack and Stan leave their German captors?
(a) They take a vehicle.
(c) Ride bikes.
(d) Ride horses.
8. Why does Jack turn his shirt inside out after getting rid of his flight gear?
(a) To make himself appear like a peasant.
(b) To hide the dried blood.
(c) To hide his military insignia.
(d) To hide his name.
9. What does Stan tell Jack about himself?
(a) His reasons for joining the Army Air Corps, the money, and about home.
(b) How many Germans he has killed.
(c) How homesick he is.
(d) How frightened he is.
10. Why does Jack give away his egg?
(a) The old man is begging him.
(b) The pregnant woman is starving.
(c) The child is starving.
(d) Stan is passing out from hunger.
11. How can Jack understand the German language?
(a) He is half German.
(b) He had to learn some German in during training.
(c) His Grandmother spoke Yiddish.
(d) He took German in high school.
12. Whom does Jack give his egg to?
(b) A pregnant woman.
(c) A child.
(d) An old man.
13. Who does Jack see killed from one of the firing plane's bullets while traveling with Stan, their German guards, and some other soldiers?
(a) An American soldier who was complaining about the Germans.
(b) A German soldier who was complaining about the Americans.
(c) A German civilian.
(d) A German soldier who was nice to Jack.
14. Where do Jack and Stan travel to after escaping?
(a) The Austrian lines.
(b) The English lines.
(c) The Russian lines.
(d) The American lines.
15. What does Jack see one of his crewmates doing in an effort to try and escape the bullets flying around him?
(a) Flail around.
(b) Cut his parachute cords.
(c) Climb his cords.
(d) Use a flak jacket as a shield.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being captured and while on the bus, what does Jack call out to the other passengers?
2. Why is Jack confused about this final mission?
3. How do the German guards treat Stan and Jack at first?
4. How many German soldiers come and take Stan and Jack out of the hospital?
5. Who else is coming to fight that the German soldiers are scared of?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)