|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack get to his home city?
(a) Rides the train.
(b) Rides the bus.
(c) His mom comes and gets him.
(d) He hitchhikes.
2. What does Jack learn about parachutes?
(a) How to strap it on and when to pull the chord.
(b) To never forget his parachute.
(c) To not rely on his parachute.
(d) How to put a parachute together.
3. In a short amount of time, how do the missions become for Jack?
4. What does Jack do in between missions?
(a) Hangs out with Chuckie at a nearby bar.
(b) Wanders the base.
(c) Writes letters to home.
5. Why does Jack's crew mate not go on weekend leave?
(a) He is awaiting a call from his mother who is sick and dying.
(b) He is awaiting a call from his wife regarding the birth of their first child.
(c) He does not want to go.
(d) He is very sick.
6. What does the person who Jack calls ask him to do?
(a) To please come home.
(b) To come and visit when he is on furlough.
(c) To never call again.
(d) To be careful.
7. Where is the Air Base in Part 2, Chapter 6 located?
(a) New Zealand.
(c) New York.
8. Why is Jack afraid to write a girl?
(a) He does not think she will write back.
(b) He does not want his other crewmates to tease him.
(c) He fears she will figure out his real age.
(d) He is afraid she will think he is silly.
9. How does Jack feel the first time he goes up in the air?
10. To which state does Jack go for boot camp?
11. What makes Jack feel homesick?
(a) A letter from his mother.
(b) The sight of freshly baked pies in a bakery.
(c) The little cafes remind him of home.
(d) A song on the radio.
12. What does Jack witness another plane get caught in?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) A downdraft.
(d) A fight.
13. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 3, what are Jack and his fellow crew members promoted to?
14. Why does Jack not get any mail?
(a) He could not tell his family where he is because of the risk of getting caught in his lie about his age.
(b) He told his family and friends not to write him.
(c) He does not have any family or friends.
(d) His family is upset with him and will not write.
15. What month is it when a bomb gets stuck in Jack's plane?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do until he makes himself brave while on his first mission?
2. What does Pratt make everyone on the crew?
3. What happens when Jack tries to fly to his furlough destination?
4. Who does Jack visit on his final day on furlough?
5. To which state does Jack go for training with his flight crew?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)