Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do in between missions?
(a) Hangs out with Chuckie at a nearby bar.
(b) Writes letters to home.
(d) Wanders the base.
2. To which organization is the daughter of the person that Jack rents a room from, a member?
(b) Air Force.
3. How many weeks after Jack's promotion is he given weekend leave?
4. What does Jack learn about parachutes?
(a) To not rely on his parachute.
(b) How to strap it on and when to pull the chord.
(c) How to put a parachute together.
(d) To never forget his parachute.
5. Why does Jack want to join the fight against Hitler?
(a) To get away from home.
(b) To become a big war hero.
(c) To try and make some friends.
(d) To represent his family.
6. What month is it when a bomb gets stuck in Jack's plane?
7. What does the person who Jack calls ask him to do?
(a) To be careful.
(b) To please come home.
(c) To never call again.
(d) To come and visit when he is on furlough.
8. Whose birth certificate did Jack use to enlist?
(a) His father's.
(b) His cousin's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His best friend Bill's.
9. How does Jack feel when his plane touches ground after his first mission?
10. Where is the Air Base in Part 2, Chapter 6 located?
(c) New Zealand.
(d) New York.
11. Who does Jack rent a room from while on furlough?
(a) A kind woman.
(b) A mean man.
(c) A kind man.
(d) A mean woman.
12. At which Air Base do Jack and his crew arrive in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Southumberland Air Base.
(b) Easternland Air Base.
(c) Northumberland Air Base.
(d) Westernland Air Base.
13. Where are Jack and his crew forced to ditch their plane during a bomb run?
(a) Lyme Bay.
(d) The English Channel.
14. Why does Jack lie about his age?
(a) To join the Marines.
(b) To join the Air Force.
(c) To join the Army Air Corps.
(d) To join the Navy.
15. What do Jack and his crewmates have to complete before they are given weekend leave?
(c) Bed checks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack talk about to the person he calls?
2. What city does Jack go to during furlough?
3. When he is waiting for the officer to arrive during flight training. what type of plane does Jack wait in the shade of?
4. Who does Jack decide to call while on weekend leave?
5. Why is Jack nervous about what he says and does around his crew?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)