|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which state does Jack go for boot camp?
2. Whose birth certificate did Jack use to enlist?
(a) His father's.
(b) His best friend Bill's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His cousin's.
3. What does the person Jack calls promise to do?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Not call again.
(d) Forget him.
4. Who does Jack meet on the streets while on furlough?
(a) Loose women.
(b) His grandfather.
(d) Other soldiers.
5. What happens to Pratt's wife?
(a) She gives birth to a girl.
(b) She gives birth to a boy.
(c) She gets really sick.
(d) She leaves him for another man.
6. What does Jack talk about to the person he calls?
(a) His childhood memories.
(b) Their vacation in New Orleans.
(c) Their days together in Miami Beach.
(d) How homesick he is.
7. Why does Jack want to join the fight against Hitler?
(a) To become a big war hero.
(b) To try and make some friends.
(c) To get away from home.
(d) To represent his family.
8. What does Jack spend most of his furlough doing?
(a) Wandering the streets of home.
(b) Hanging out in bars.
(c) Sleeping in his rented room.
(d) Hanging out with his family.
9. How many people does Jack see survive from the plane crash he views from the window?
(a) The whole crew.
(b) One person.
(c) Two people.
(d) No one survives.
10. Why is Jack nervous about what he says and does around his crew?
(a) He is afraid they will realize his true age.
(b) He does not like the other guys in his crew.
(c) He is very homesick.
(d) He is afraid they will not like him.
11. Where is the Air Base in Part 2, Chapter 6 located?
(a) New Zealand.
(d) New York.
12. What is the room called where Jack and his crew learn about their first mission?
(a) Update room.
(b) Ranking room.
(c) Briefing room.
(d) Information room.
13. What happens to the crew in the plane that gets a rip?
(a) They scramble to bail out.
(b) They crash and die.
(c) They fix the rip before they crash.
(d) The plane catches on fire and they are badly wounded.
14. Why does Chuckie leaves Jack while they are in New Orleans?
(a) He feels sick.
(b) He is mad at Jack.
(c) He meets a girl.
(d) He wants to leave the army.
15. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 3, what are Jack and his fellow crew members promoted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jack woken on the day of his first mission?
2. Why is the experience of releasing the stuck bomb so frightening for Jack?
3. What is the name of Jack's plane?
4. Why does Jack lie about his age?
5. At which Air Base do Jack and his crew arrive in Part 2, Chapter 6?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)