|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack want to join the fight against Hitler?
(a) To get away from home.
(b) To try and make some friends.
(c) To become a big war hero.
(d) To represent his family.
2. What do Jack and his crewmates have to complete before they are given weekend leave?
(d) Bed checks.
3. How does Jack feel about his instructors?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He admires them.
(c) He fears them.
(d) He hates them.
4. What does Jack join?
(a) Army Air Corps.
(d) Air Force.
5. Where did Jack meet his fellow solider Chuckie?
(a) Elementary School.
(b) High School.
(c) Flight School.
(d) Gunnery School.
6. Who tells Jack to go fix the problem with the stuck bomb?
7. At which Air Base do Jack and his crew arrive in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Southumberland Air Base.
(b) Westernland Air Base.
(c) Northumberland Air Base.
(d) Easternland Air Base.
8. Why does Jack's crew mate not go on weekend leave?
(a) He is awaiting a call from his mother who is sick and dying.
(b) He does not want to go.
(c) He is very sick.
(d) He is awaiting a call from his wife regarding the birth of their first child.
9. Why does Jack become frightened once he is up in the air on his first mission?
(a) He is scared of heights.
(b) One of his crewmates is killed.
(c) His plane catches fire.
(d) Flak is flying all around them.
10. What does the person who Jack calls ask him to do?
(a) To please come home.
(b) To never call again.
(c) To come and visit when he is on furlough.
(d) To be careful.
11. What makes Jack feel homesick?
(a) The sight of freshly baked pies in a bakery.
(b) A song on the radio.
(c) A letter from his mother.
(d) The little cafes remind him of home.
12. What does Jack see when he looks out the window of the plane on his first mission?
(a) A plane crashing into a building.
(b) A plane catching on fire.
(c) Two planes crashing into each other.
(d) A plane falling apart.
13. What religion is Jack Raab?
14. To which state does Jack go for boot camp?
15. During one of the missions, what almost hit Jack's knee?
(a) A stray bullet.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A piece of flak.
(d) A piece of plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Jack call his mother while on weekend leave?
2. What does everyone look forward to during training?
3. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 3, what are Jack and his fellow crew members promoted to?
4. What is Jack's plane's name in honor of?
5. Why is the experience of releasing the stuck bomb so frightening for Jack?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)