|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which crew mate of Jack's does not go on weekend leave?
2. What happens to Pratt's wife?
(a) She gives birth to a girl.
(b) She gets really sick.
(c) She leaves him for another man.
(d) She gives birth to a boy.
3. What does Jack learn about parachutes?
(a) How to put a parachute together.
(b) How to strap it on and when to pull the chord.
(c) To never forget his parachute.
(d) To not rely on his parachute.
4. How does Jack feel about his instructors?
(a) He admires them.
(b) He fears them.
(c) He loves them.
(d) He hates them.
5. Who did Jack meet in Miami Beach?
(a) His grandpa.
(d) A girl.
6. What does the person who Jack spends the final day of furlough with promise to do?
(a) To forget him.
(b) Not to be sad.
(d) Stay safe.
7. What city does Jack go to during furlough?
8. To which state does Jack go for boot camp?
9. Why is Jack anxious to get to Europe?
(a) To finally be away from his family.
(b) He cannot wait to see all the famous sites.
(c) To take revenge on the Germans for all the Jews they have killed.
(d) He wants to prove that he is a man.
10. What does the person Jack calls promise to do?
(b) Forget him.
(c) Forgive him.
(d) Not call again.
11. What is Jack's brother's name?
12. Who tells Jack to go fix the problem with the stuck bomb?
13. What does Jack do in between missions?
(a) Writes letters to home.
(c) Wanders the base.
(d) Hangs out with Chuckie at a nearby bar.
14. What does everyone look forward to during training?
(b) Mail call.
(c) Grenade training.
15. Why does Jack become frightened once he is up in the air on his first mission?
(a) His plane catches fire.
(b) One of his crewmates is killed.
(c) He is scared of heights.
(d) Flak is flying all around them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jack afraid to write a girl?
2. Why does Jack's crew mate not go on weekend leave?
3. At which Air Base do Jack and his crew arrive in Part 2, Chapter 6?
4. What is Jack's plane's name in honor of?
5. Why is Jack excited about the location of his first mission?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)