|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jack share a kiss with?
(b) A girl he meets in a bar.
(c) Chuckie's sister.
(d) His mother.
2. To which state does Jack go for boot camp?
3. What city does Jack go to during furlough?
4. How does Jack feel about his instructors?
(a) He admires them.
(b) He fears them.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He loves them.
5. Where did Jack meet his fellow solider Chuckie?
(a) Gunnery School.
(b) High School.
(c) Flight School.
(d) Elementary School.
6. Why is Jack anxious to get to Europe?
(a) To take revenge on the Germans for all the Jews they have killed.
(b) He cannot wait to see all the famous sites.
(c) He wants to prove that he is a man.
(d) To finally be away from his family.
7. During one of the missions, what almost hit Jack's knee?
(a) A piece of plane.
(b) A piece of flak.
(c) A stray bullet.
(d) An arrow.
8. What is Jack's plane's name in honor of?
(a) Their home country.
(b) How close the crew is.
(c) Pratt's daughter.
(d) To remind them what they are fighting for.
9. What makes Jack feel homesick?
(a) The little cafes remind him of home.
(b) A letter from his mother.
(c) A song on the radio.
(d) The sight of freshly baked pies in a bakery.
10. Who does Jack visit on his final day on furlough?
(c) His family.
11. Which crew mate of Jack's does not go on weekend leave?
12. What does Jack learn about parachutes?
(a) To never forget his parachute.
(b) How to put a parachute together.
(c) How to strap it on and when to pull the chord.
(d) To not rely on his parachute.
13. What does the person who Jack calls ask him to do?
(a) To never call again.
(b) To be careful.
(c) To come and visit when he is on furlough.
(d) To please come home.
14. When does Jack's plane drop their bombs?
(a) After the lead plane.
(b) After they have been fired at.
(c) After they see another plane crash.
(d) After the last plane.
15. What is the room called where Jack and his crew learn about their first mission?
(a) Update room.
(b) Briefing room.
(c) Ranking room.
(d) Information room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack want to join the fight against Hitler?
2. Who does Jack meet on the streets while on furlough?
3. To which organization is the daughter of the person that Jack rents a room from, a member?
4. What is Jack's brother's name?
5. What happens to the crew in the plane that gets a rip?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)