|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the experience of releasing the stuck bomb so frightening for Jack?
(a) He could have fallen out of the plane through the bomb doors.
(b) He is terrified of moving around the plane.
(c) He does not want to get shot by stray bullets.
(d) The bomb could have gone off.
2. Who are the other soldiers that Jack and his crew go through training with?
(a) Soldiers from allied countries.
(b) Soldiers who need extra training.
(c) Soldiers who have already been in Europe and flown large numbers of missions.
(d) Soldiers who have retired and are there to teach.
3. What is the room called where Jack and his crew learn about their first mission?
(a) Briefing room.
(b) Update room.
(c) Ranking room.
(d) Information room.
4. What religion is Jack Raab?
5. To which state does Jack go for training with his flight crew?
6. What city does Jack go to during furlough?
7. What does Jack join?
(a) Army Air Corps.
(d) Air Force.
8. During one of the missions, what almost hit Jack's knee?
(a) A stray bullet.
(b) A piece of flak.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A piece of plane.
9. What makes Jack feel homesick?
(a) The little cafes remind him of home.
(b) A song on the radio.
(c) A letter from his mother.
(d) The sight of freshly baked pies in a bakery.
10. What does everyone look forward to during training?
(a) Mail call.
(b) Grenade training.
11. Why does Jack think the army never questioned his age?
(a) They just don't care.
(b) He speaks very eloquently.
(c) He has a mustache.
(d) He is a large boy.
12. What does Jack see when he looks out the window of the plane on his first mission?
(a) Two planes crashing into each other.
(b) A plane catching on fire.
(c) A plane falling apart.
(d) A plane crashing into a building.
13. How does Jack feel the first time he goes up in the air?
14. Why won't Jack call his mother while on weekend leave?
(a) He is mad at her.
(b) He is afraid the moment he hears her voice, he will tell her the truth.
(c) He is afraid of her.
(d) He is afraid she will yell at him.
15. Whose birth certificate did Jack use to enlist?
(a) His brother's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His best friend Bill's.
(d) His cousin's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do in between missions?
2. Where does Jack learn his first mission will be over?
3. How is Jack woken on the day of his first mission?
4. Who did Jack meet in Miami Beach?
5. What does Jack do until he makes himself brave while on his first mission?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)