|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many weeks after Jack's promotion is he given weekend leave?
2. Why does Jack want to join the fight against Hitler?
(a) To try and make some friends.
(b) To represent his family.
(c) To get away from home.
(d) To become a big war hero.
3. Why does Jack lie about his age?
(a) To join the Navy.
(b) To join the Air Force.
(c) To join the Marines.
(d) To join the Army Air Corps.
4. What do Jack and his crewmates have to complete before they are given weekend leave?
(a) Bed checks.
5. How does Jack feel when his plane touches ground after his first mission?
6. What do Jack and the person he visits on furlough spend the afternoon doing together?
(a) Playing games.
(d) Eating at a cafe.
7. Why is Jack nervous about what he says and does around his crew?
(a) He is very homesick.
(b) He does not like the other guys in his crew.
(c) He is afraid they will realize his true age.
(d) He is afraid they will not like him.
8. Who does Jack smoke a cigarette with while waiting for the officers to arrive?
9. What is flak?
(a) A part of a plane.
(b) Another name for arrows.
(c) Metal and other debris that is shot at planes.
(d) Giant rocks.
10. What does everyone look forward to during training?
(a) Mail call.
(b) Grenade training.
11. What month is it when a bomb gets stuck in Jack's plane?
12. What does Jack witness another plane get caught in?
(a) A fight.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A downdraft.
13. In a short amount of time, how do the missions become for Jack?
14. Whose birth certificate did Jack use to enlist?
(a) His cousin's.
(b) His best friend Bill's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His father's.
15. Why is Jack anxious to get to Europe?
(a) To take revenge on the Germans for all the Jews they have killed.
(b) To finally be away from his family.
(c) He wants to prove that he is a man.
(d) He cannot wait to see all the famous sites.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the experience of releasing the stuck bomb so frightening for Jack?
2. Why does Jack think the army never questioned his age?
3. Why does Jack become frightened once he is up in the air on his first mission?
4. With which Lieutenant does Jack undergo flight training?
5. Who tells Jack to go fix the problem with the stuck bomb?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)