|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jack meet his fellow solider Chuckie?
(a) Flight School.
(b) Gunnery School.
(c) Elementary School.
(d) High School.
2. What is Jack's plane's name in honor of?
(a) Pratt's daughter.
(b) To remind them what they are fighting for.
(c) How close the crew is.
(d) Their home country.
3. How does Jack feel when his plane touches ground after his first mission?
4. What does the person Jack calls promise to do?
(a) Not call again.
(b) Forgive him.
(c) Forget him.
5. What happens when Jack tries to fly to his furlough destination?
(a) He cannot get a ticket.
(b) He does not have enough money.
(c) He is bumped off the flight.
(d) The plane has problems and will not take off.
6. What is the name of Jack's plane?
(a) Team U.S.A.
(b) Godfather, Inc.
(c) Soul Brothers.
(d) Freedom Fighters.
7. Where is Jack going to for furlough?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
8. Why does Jack lie about his age?
(a) To join the Navy.
(b) To join the Army Air Corps.
(c) To join the Marines.
(d) To join the Air Force.
9. What does Jack do until he makes himself brave while on his first mission?
(a) Rocks back and forth.
(c) Curls up into a ball.
10. Who does Jack meet on the streets while on furlough?
(a) Loose women.
(b) Other soldiers.
(c) His grandfather.
11. Who does Jack visit on his final day on furlough?
(b) His family.
12. Why does Jack not get any mail?
(a) He does not have any family or friends.
(b) He could not tell his family where he is because of the risk of getting caught in his lie about his age.
(c) His family is upset with him and will not write.
(d) He told his family and friends not to write him.
13. What does Jack spend most of his furlough doing?
(a) Hanging out with his family.
(b) Wandering the streets of home.
(c) Sleeping in his rented room.
(d) Hanging out in bars.
14. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 3, what are Jack and his fellow crew members promoted to?
15. What does Jack learn about parachutes?
(a) How to strap it on and when to pull the chord.
(b) How to put a parachute together.
(c) To never forget his parachute.
(d) To not rely on his parachute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jack feel is his closest friend?
2. Where does Jack learn his first mission will be over?
3. What does Jack do on weekend leave?
4. Why does Jack think the army never questioned his age?
5. Who does Jack rent a room from while on furlough?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)