|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jack afraid to write a girl?
(a) He does not want his other crewmates to tease him.
(b) He is afraid she will think he is silly.
(c) He does not think she will write back.
(d) He fears she will figure out his real age.
2. What does Jack witness another plane get caught in?
(a) A fight.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A downdraft.
(d) A thunderstorm.
3. Why does Chuckie leaves Jack while they are in New Orleans?
(a) He wants to leave the army.
(b) He meets a girl.
(c) He is mad at Jack.
(d) He feels sick.
4. Who does Jack smoke a cigarette with while waiting for the officers to arrive?
5. Why does Jack become frightened once he is up in the air on his first mission?
(a) One of his crewmates is killed.
(b) Flak is flying all around them.
(c) He is scared of heights.
(d) His plane catches fire.
6. Who does Jack meet on the streets while on furlough?
(a) Loose women.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) Other soldiers.
7. How does Jack get to his home city?
(a) His mom comes and gets him.
(b) Rides the train.
(c) Rides the bus.
(d) He hitchhikes.
8. Who does Jack share a kiss with?
(b) A girl he meets in a bar.
(c) Chuckie's sister.
(d) His mother.
9. Where are Jack and his crew forced to ditch their plane during a bomb run?
(b) Lyme Bay.
(c) The English Channel.
10. What happens to the crew in the plane that gets a rip?
(a) They fix the rip before they crash.
(b) They crash and die.
(c) They scramble to bail out.
(d) The plane catches on fire and they are badly wounded.
11. How is Jack woken on the day of his first mission?
(b) Too late.
(d) Too early.
12. How does Jack feel about his instructors?
(a) He admires them.
(b) He fears them.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He loves them.
13. What is Jack's brother's name?
14. When does Jack's plane drop their bombs?
(a) After they see another plane crash.
(b) After the lead plane.
(c) After they have been fired at.
(d) After the last plane.
15. What happens when Jack tries to fly to his furlough destination?
(a) He does not have enough money.
(b) He is bumped off the flight.
(c) The plane has problems and will not take off.
(d) He cannot get a ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which Lieutenant does Jack undergo flight training?
2. Who does Jack visit on his final day on furlough?
3. Why does Jack lie about his age?
4. To which state does Jack go for training with his flight crew?
5. What makes Jack feel homesick?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)