|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jack anxious to get to Europe?
(a) To finally be away from his family.
(b) He cannot wait to see all the famous sites.
(c) He wants to prove that he is a man.
(d) To take revenge on the Germans for all the Jews they have killed.
2. What mission is it when Jack sees his first and only German fighter plane?
(a) Tenth mission.
(b) Nineteenth mission.
(c) Twentieth mission.
(d) Ninth mission.
3. Why is Jack afraid to write a girl?
(a) He fears she will figure out his real age.
(b) He does not want his other crewmates to tease him.
(c) He does not think she will write back.
(d) He is afraid she will think he is silly.
4. Why does Jack lie about his age?
(a) To join the Air Force.
(b) To join the Army Air Corps.
(c) To join the Marines.
(d) To join the Navy.
5. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 3, what are Jack and his fellow crew members promoted to?
6. Who tells Jack to go fix the problem with the stuck bomb?
7. Why is Jack nervous about what he says and does around his crew?
(a) He does not like the other guys in his crew.
(b) He is very homesick.
(c) He is afraid they will realize his true age.
(d) He is afraid they will not like him.
8. What does Jack do in between missions?
(a) Wanders the base.
(c) Writes letters to home.
(d) Hangs out with Chuckie at a nearby bar.
9. Why does Jack not get any mail?
(a) He could not tell his family where he is because of the risk of getting caught in his lie about his age.
(b) His family is upset with him and will not write.
(c) He does not have any family or friends.
(d) He told his family and friends not to write him.
10. At which Air Base do Jack and his crew arrive in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Northumberland Air Base.
(b) Easternland Air Base.
(c) Southumberland Air Base.
(d) Westernland Air Base.
11. Who did Jack meet in Miami Beach?
(a) His grandpa.
(d) A girl.
12. What happens to Pratt's wife?
(a) She leaves him for another man.
(b) She gets really sick.
(c) She gives birth to a girl.
(d) She gives birth to a boy.
13. Where are Jack and his crew forced to ditch their plane during a bomb run?
(a) Lyme Bay.
(b) The English Channel.
14. What is Jack's plane's name in honor of?
(a) To remind them what they are fighting for.
(b) Pratt's daughter.
(c) How close the crew is.
(d) Their home country.
15. Why won't Jack call his mother while on weekend leave?
(a) He is afraid the moment he hears her voice, he will tell her the truth.
(b) He is afraid of her.
(c) He is afraid she will yell at him.
(d) He is mad at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack see when he looks out the window of the plane on his first mission?
2. Who does Jack rent a room from while on furlough?
3. What does Jack spend most of his furlough doing?
4. Where does Jack learn his first mission will be over?
5. Who does Jack meet on the streets while on furlough?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)