|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chuckie leaves Jack while they are in New Orleans?
(a) He meets a girl.
(b) He is mad at Jack.
(c) He feels sick.
(d) He wants to leave the army.
2. Why is Jack anxious to get to Europe?
(a) He wants to prove that he is a man.
(b) He cannot wait to see all the famous sites.
(c) To finally be away from his family.
(d) To take revenge on the Germans for all the Jews they have killed.
3. Why does Jack not get any mail?
(a) He told his family and friends not to write him.
(b) He does not have any family or friends.
(c) His family is upset with him and will not write.
(d) He could not tell his family where he is because of the risk of getting caught in his lie about his age.
4. What does Pratt make everyone on the crew?
(b) His friends for life.
(c) His baby's godfathers.
5. Who does Jack smoke a cigarette with while waiting for the officers to arrive?
6. Why does Jack's crew mate not go on weekend leave?
(a) He does not want to go.
(b) He is very sick.
(c) He is awaiting a call from his wife regarding the birth of their first child.
(d) He is awaiting a call from his mother who is sick and dying.
7. If Jack tells anyone about his real age, whom would he tell?
8. How many people does Jack see survive from the plane crash he views from the window?
(a) The whole crew.
(b) Two people.
(c) One person.
(d) No one survives.
9. Why do the crews learn to fly in squadrons?
(a) To better ambush the enemy.
(b) So they do not get lost.
(c) So they can learn from each other.
(d) To keep the planes in close proximity.
10. How many weeks after Jack's promotion is he given weekend leave?
11. Why is the experience of releasing the stuck bomb so frightening for Jack?
(a) The bomb could have gone off.
(b) He is terrified of moving around the plane.
(c) He could have fallen out of the plane through the bomb doors.
(d) He does not want to get shot by stray bullets.
12. What does everyone look forward to during training?
(a) Mail call.
(b) Grenade training.
13. Who tells Jack to go fix the problem with the stuck bomb?
14. While up in the air for the first time, what does Jack imagine?
(a) Landing safely.
(b) The plane crashing.
(c) Doing everyone's jobs, even the pilot's.
(d) Jumping from the plane.
15. Why does Jack want to join the fight against Hitler?
(a) To become a big war hero.
(b) To try and make some friends.
(c) To get away from home.
(d) To represent his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Jack and his crew forced to ditch their plane during a bomb run?
2. What city does Jack go to during furlough?
3. What is flak?
4. What religion is Jack Raab?
5. To which organization is the daughter of the person that Jack rents a room from, a member?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)