|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chuckie leaves Jack while they are in New Orleans?
(a) He meets a girl.
(b) He feels sick.
(c) He is mad at Jack.
(d) He wants to leave the army.
2. What city do Jack and his crew go to for weekend leave?
(a) New Orleans.
3. How does Jack get to his home city?
(a) He hitchhikes.
(b) His mom comes and gets him.
(c) Rides the bus.
(d) Rides the train.
4. What does Jack witness another plane get caught in?
(a) A downdraft.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A fight.
5. How does Jack feel the first time he goes up in the air?
6. How many people does Jack see survive from the plane crash he views from the window?
(a) The whole crew.
(b) Two people.
(c) One person.
(d) No one survives.
7. Who did Jack meet in Miami Beach?
(b) His grandpa.
(d) A girl.
8. What is Jack's brother's name?
9. To which organization is the daughter of the person that Jack rents a room from, a member?
(c) Air Force.
10. Where is Jack going to for furlough?
(b) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
11. Why do the crews learn to fly in squadrons?
(a) So they do not get lost.
(b) To keep the planes in close proximity.
(c) So they can learn from each other.
(d) To better ambush the enemy.
12. When does Jack's plane drop their bombs?
(a) After the lead plane.
(b) After they see another plane crash.
(c) After they have been fired at.
(d) After the last plane.
13. What does the person Jack calls promise to do?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Forget him.
(c) Not call again.
14. Why does Jack think the army never questioned his age?
(a) He speaks very eloquently.
(b) They just don't care.
(c) He has a mustache.
(d) He is a large boy.
15. Why does Jack become frightened once he is up in the air on his first mission?
(a) One of his crewmates is killed.
(b) Flak is flying all around them.
(c) His plane catches fire.
(d) He is scared of heights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the room called where Jack and his crew learn about their first mission?
2. To which state does Jack go for boot camp?
3. Where are Jack and his crew forced to ditch their plane during a bomb run?
4. With which Lieutenant does Jack undergo flight training?
5. Why does Jack's crew mate not go on weekend leave?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)