|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack's plane's name in honor of?
(a) To remind them what they are fighting for.
(b) How close the crew is.
(c) Pratt's daughter.
(d) Their home country.
2. Why is Jack anxious to get to Europe?
(a) He cannot wait to see all the famous sites.
(b) To finally be away from his family.
(c) To take revenge on the Germans for all the Jews they have killed.
(d) He wants to prove that he is a man.
3. Where did Jack meet his fellow solider Chuckie?
(a) Elementary School.
(b) Flight School.
(c) Gunnery School.
(d) High School.
4. Why is Jack afraid to write a girl?
(a) He fears she will figure out his real age.
(b) He does not want his other crewmates to tease him.
(c) He does not think she will write back.
(d) He is afraid she will think he is silly.
5. What mission is it when Jack sees his first and only German fighter plane?
(a) Twentieth mission.
(b) Ninth mission.
(c) Nineteenth mission.
(d) Tenth mission.
6. Who does Jack meet on the streets while on furlough?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) Other soldiers.
(c) Loose women.
7. How does Jack feel when his plane touches ground after his first mission?
8. Who does Jack visit on his final day on furlough?
(b) His family.
9. What does Jack do until he makes himself brave while on his first mission?
(b) Rocks back and forth.
(d) Curls up into a ball.
10. To which state does Jack go for training with his flight crew?
11. During one of the missions, what almost hit Jack's knee?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A stray bullet.
(c) A piece of flak.
(d) A piece of plane.
12. Why does Jack lie about his age?
(a) To join the Air Force.
(b) To join the Navy.
(c) To join the Army Air Corps.
(d) To join the Marines.
13. How is Jack woken on the day of his first mission?
(a) Too late.
(b) Too early.
14. What does everyone look forward to during training?
(b) Grenade training.
(c) Mail call.
15. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 3, what are Jack and his fellow crew members promoted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jack smoke a cigarette with while waiting for the officers to arrive?
2. What city does Jack go to during furlough?
3. Which crew mate of Jack's does not go on weekend leave?
4. Who does Jack decide to call while on weekend leave?
5. Who are the other soldiers that Jack and his crew go through training with?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)