|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack get to his home city?
(a) His mom comes and gets him.
(b) Rides the train.
(c) Rides the bus.
(d) He hitchhikes.
2. What is Jack's brother's name?
3. Why is the experience of releasing the stuck bomb so frightening for Jack?
(a) He is terrified of moving around the plane.
(b) The bomb could have gone off.
(c) He does not want to get shot by stray bullets.
(d) He could have fallen out of the plane through the bomb doors.
4. How does Jack feel the first time he goes up in the air?
5. Why do the crews learn to fly in squadrons?
(a) To keep the planes in close proximity.
(b) To better ambush the enemy.
(c) So they can learn from each other.
(d) So they do not get lost.
6. What is the room called where Jack and his crew learn about their first mission?
(a) Information room.
(b) Briefing room.
(c) Update room.
(d) Ranking room.
7. Who does Jack feel is his closest friend?
8. What does Jack give the person he spends his final day of furlough with?
(a) His cross.
(b) His Star of David.
(c) His lucky penny.
(d) His school ring.
9. Who does Jack go into town with while on weekend leave?
10. When does Jack's plane drop their bombs?
(a) After the lead plane.
(b) After the last plane.
(c) After they see another plane crash.
(d) After they have been fired at.
11. Who does Jack decide to call while on weekend leave?
(b) His dad.
12. What month is it when a bomb gets stuck in Jack's plane?
13. In a short amount of time, how do the missions become for Jack?
14. Where is Jack going to for furlough?
(b) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
15. While up in the air for the first time, what does Jack imagine?
(a) Doing everyone's jobs, even the pilot's.
(b) The plane crashing.
(c) Landing safely.
(d) Jumping from the plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack want to join the fight against Hitler?
2. What is Jack's plane's name in honor of?
3. How does Jack feel when his plane touches ground after his first mission?
4. Who are the other soldiers that Jack and his crew go through training with?
5. What does Jack do until he makes himself brave while on his first mission?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)