|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is flak?
(a) Metal and other debris that is shot at planes.
(b) Giant rocks.
(c) Another name for arrows.
(d) A part of a plane.
2. While up in the air for the first time, what does Jack imagine?
(a) Jumping from the plane.
(b) Doing everyone's jobs, even the pilot's.
(c) The plane crashing.
(d) Landing safely.
3. Where is Jack going to for furlough?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) New York.
4. Why does Jack think the army never questioned his age?
(a) He has a mustache.
(b) He speaks very eloquently.
(c) They just don't care.
(d) He is a large boy.
5. What does everyone look forward to during training?
(c) Grenade training.
(d) Mail call.
6. What does Jack find himself doing with each mission?
(a) Releasing the bombs.
(b) Curling into a ball and hiding under a stack of flak jackets.
(c) Shooting the machine gun.
(d) Looking eagerly out the window.
7. What does Jack do until he makes himself brave while on his first mission?
(b) Rocks back and forth.
(d) Curls up into a ball.
8. Why does Jack become frightened once he is up in the air on his first mission?
(a) He is scared of heights.
(b) One of his crewmates is killed.
(c) His plane catches fire.
(d) Flak is flying all around them.
9. Who does Jack meet on the streets while on furlough?
(b) Other soldiers.
(c) Loose women.
(d) His grandfather.
10. At which Air Base do Jack and his crew arrive in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Northumberland Air Base.
(b) Southumberland Air Base.
(c) Westernland Air Base.
(d) Easternland Air Base.
11. What do Jack and his crewmates have to complete before they are given weekend leave?
(a) Bed checks.
12. How many weeks after Jack's promotion is he given weekend leave?
13. What makes Jack feel homesick?
(a) A letter from his mother.
(b) A song on the radio.
(c) The little cafes remind him of home.
(d) The sight of freshly baked pies in a bakery.
14. What is the room called where Jack and his crew learn about their first mission?
(a) Ranking room.
(b) Information room.
(c) Briefing room.
(d) Update room.
15. What is the name of Jack's plane?
(a) Team U.S.A.
(b) Soul Brothers.
(c) Freedom Fighters.
(d) Godfather, Inc.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Pratt's wife?
2. Why does Jack's crew mate not go on weekend leave?
3. What religion is Jack Raab?
4. Why is Jack excited about the location of his first mission?
5. To which organization is the daughter of the person that Jack rents a room from, a member?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)