|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the experience of releasing the stuck bomb so frightening for Jack?
(a) He could have fallen out of the plane through the bomb doors.
(b) The bomb could have gone off.
(c) He is terrified of moving around the plane.
(d) He does not want to get shot by stray bullets.
2. What does Jack witness another plane get caught in?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) A fight.
(d) A downdraft.
3. With which Lieutenant does Jack undergo flight training?
4. What month is it when a bomb gets stuck in Jack's plane?
5. Who does Jack share a kiss with?
(a) Chuckie's sister.
(b) A girl he meets in a bar.
(d) His mother.
6. Why do the crews learn to fly in squadrons?
(a) So they can learn from each other.
(b) To keep the planes in close proximity.
(c) So they do not get lost.
(d) To better ambush the enemy.
7. What city does Jack go to during furlough?
8. Who does Jack not go see while on furlough?
(a) His family.
9. Where is the Air Base in Part 2, Chapter 6 located?
(b) New York.
(c) New Zealand.
10. Why is Jack excited about the location of his first mission?
(a) Hitler is in Munich.
(b) Hitler is in Hamburg.
(c) Hitler is in Frankfurt.
(d) Hitler is in Berlin.
11. What is the room called where Jack and his crew learn about their first mission?
(a) Update room.
(b) Information room.
(c) Briefing room.
(d) Ranking room.
12. What does Jack do until he makes himself brave while on his first mission?
(b) Rocks back and forth.
(c) Curls up into a ball.
13. To which state does Jack go for boot camp?
14. Why won't Jack call his mother while on weekend leave?
(a) He is afraid the moment he hears her voice, he will tell her the truth.
(b) He is mad at her.
(c) He is afraid she will yell at him.
(d) He is afraid of her.
15. What happens to Pratt's wife?
(a) She gives birth to a girl.
(b) She leaves him for another man.
(c) She gives birth to a boy.
(d) She gets really sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Jack tells anyone about his real age, whom would he tell?
2. Why does Jack think the army never questioned his age?
3. Who does Jack rent a room from while on furlough?
4. Who are the other soldiers that Jack and his crew go through training with?
5. Who tells Jack to go fix the problem with the stuck bomb?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)