|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jack rent a room from while on furlough?
(a) A kind woman.
(b) A mean man.
(c) A kind man.
(d) A mean woman.
2. What does Jack learn about parachutes?
(a) To never forget his parachute.
(b) How to put a parachute together.
(c) To not rely on his parachute.
(d) How to strap it on and when to pull the chord.
3. How does Jack feel about his instructors?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He fears them.
(c) He admires them.
(d) He loves them.
4. What does the person who Jack calls ask him to do?
(a) To never call again.
(b) To come and visit when he is on furlough.
(c) To be careful.
(d) To please come home.
5. Why does Jack become frightened once he is up in the air on his first mission?
(a) His plane catches fire.
(b) One of his crewmates is killed.
(c) Flak is flying all around them.
(d) He is scared of heights.
6. How is Jack woken on the day of his first mission?
(b) Too late.
(c) Too early.
7. What does Jack see when he looks out the window of the plane on his first mission?
(a) Two planes crashing into each other.
(b) A plane falling apart.
(c) A plane crashing into a building.
(d) A plane catching on fire.
8. To which state does Jack go for training with his flight crew?
9. Why do the crews learn to fly in squadrons?
(a) To better ambush the enemy.
(b) So they do not get lost.
(c) To keep the planes in close proximity.
(d) So they can learn from each other.
10. Who does Jack go into town with while on weekend leave?
11. Who are the other soldiers that Jack and his crew go through training with?
(a) Soldiers who have retired and are there to teach.
(b) Soldiers who have already been in Europe and flown large numbers of missions.
(c) Soldiers from allied countries.
(d) Soldiers who need extra training.
12. Whose birth certificate did Jack use to enlist?
(a) His father's.
(b) His cousin's.
(c) His best friend Bill's.
(d) His brother's.
13. What does Jack do until he makes himself brave while on his first mission?
(a) Curls up into a ball.
(d) Rocks back and forth.
14. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 3, what are Jack and his fellow crew members promoted to?
15. If Jack tells anyone about his real age, whom would he tell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jack meet on the streets while on furlough?
2. What is Jack's brother's name?
3. Why does Jack want to join the fight against Hitler?
4. Who does Jack smoke a cigarette with while waiting for the officers to arrive?
5. Why does Jack lie about his age?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)