|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, The Crew: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jack anxious to get to Europe?
(a) He wants to prove that he is a man.
(b) To finally be away from his family.
(c) To take revenge on the Germans for all the Jews they have killed.
(d) He cannot wait to see all the famous sites.
2. What is Jack's brother's name?
3. To which state does Jack go for training with his flight crew?
4. Why is Jack nervous about what he says and does around his crew?
(a) He is very homesick.
(b) He is afraid they will realize his true age.
(c) He is afraid they will not like him.
(d) He does not like the other guys in his crew.
5. Why does Jack think the army never questioned his age?
(a) They just don't care.
(b) He speaks very eloquently.
(c) He has a mustache.
(d) He is a large boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. While up in the air for the first time, what does Jack imagine?
2. If Jack tells anyone about his real age, whom would he tell?
3. With which Lieutenant does Jack undergo flight training?
4. Who does Jack smoke a cigarette with while waiting for the officers to arrive?
5. Why do the crews learn to fly in squadrons?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)