|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, The Crew: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack think the army never questioned his age?
(a) He has a mustache.
(b) He speaks very eloquently.
(c) They just don't care.
(d) He is a large boy.
2. What happens to the crew in the plane that gets a rip?
(a) They scramble to bail out.
(b) The plane catches on fire and they are badly wounded.
(c) They crash and die.
(d) They fix the rip before they crash.
3. What does Jack witness another plane get caught in?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A fight.
(d) A downdraft.
4. Why is Jack afraid to write a girl?
(a) He fears she will figure out his real age.
(b) He does not want his other crewmates to tease him.
(c) He is afraid she will think he is silly.
(d) He does not think she will write back.
5. What does Jack learn about parachutes?
(a) How to strap it on and when to pull the chord.
(b) How to put a parachute together.
(c) To not rely on his parachute.
(d) To never forget his parachute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack lie about his age?
2. With which Lieutenant does Jack undergo flight training?
3. Why do the crews learn to fly in squadrons?
4. Why is Jack nervous about what he says and does around his crew?
5. Why is Jack anxious to get to Europe?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)