Part 1, The Crew: Chapters 1-3
• Jack Raab is a Jewish teenager who wants to represent his family in the fight against Hitler.
• Jack lied about his age and joined the Army Air Corps.
• Jack has gone to boot camp in Florida and is now in Louisiana to undergo training with his flight crew.
• Jack is nervous that something he might do or say will clue the rest of the guys into his real age.
• Jack enlisted using his brother's birth certificate.
• Jack becomes close friends with Chuckie, who he met in gunnery school.
• Jack imagines if he ever tells anyone about his real age, it will be Chuckie.
• Jack is excited the first time he goes up in the air.
• Jack imagines he could do everyone's jobs, even the pilot's.
• Jack is anxious to get to Europe and take some revenge on the Germans for all the...
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)