|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cavalry units did the British army have?
2. What is Winston's novel called?
3. Which country joins with the Allies for the attack on Constantinople?
4. By the end of 1914, the casualties for England and France are how many men?
5. Where does Winston hide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Churchill do once he is out of the government?
2. How does Winston obtain extra money? What does he do in the time before leaving for India?
3. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
4. Where do the French and German armies meet? What led to this meeting? What was the outcome?
5. What does Asquith tell Churchill that results in depression for Churchill? Why does this happen?
6. What are the German attacks on the British like? Where to they take place in the early days of the war? What is the British response?
7. How many women does Winston propose to? Who does he end up marrying? Why do some people think Winston did not feel comfortable with women?
8. What does Winston do after reaching Bombay and Bombare? What does he think of Bombay?
9. What issues does Winston support? What changes in the government affect the common person?
10. What does Winston do with his leisure time? What does he enjoy doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Winston Churchill achieved legendary status in England? What actions or characteristics do you think made him a legend? Do you agree or disagree with this status? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What social class was Winston Churchill born into? How do you think that this affected his life? Do you think that he would have been able to achieve what he did had he been born into a different social class? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What was Winston Churchill's childhood like? What experiences did he have as a child that would shape his life? Do you think Winston had a good childhood? Why or why not? Support your answer with information from the book.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)