|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Royal Commission blame for the Dardanelles?
2. What position does Asquith offer Winston?
3. Who is in power when Winston joins Parliament?
4. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
5. Why was it thought that the upper class made better officers and leaders in the Army?
Essay Topic 1
How did English life change during Winston's lifetime? How did Winston feel about the changes occurring in England and the rest of the world? Describe at least three changes that were occurring in English life.
Essay Topic 2
Was Winston a good leader for England? What characteristics made Winston a good or bad leader? Support your answer with specific details from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What were the three stages of Winston Churchill's public life? What events in Churchill's life are the three stages associated with? How were the three stages different? In which one do you think Churchill was most successful?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)