|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Winston and Clementine move in with whom?
2. Why do many feel that Winston was not comfortable around women?
3. Winston hires a boy to fill what position?
4. How much money does Jennie send to Winston for the journey?
5. After his return to England, Winston and his Fourth Hussars prepare to go where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Winston feel about going to India? What does he do about this?
2. How does Winston obtain extra money? What does he do in the time before leaving for India?
3. How many women does Winston propose to? Who does he end up marrying? Why do some people think Winston did not feel comfortable with women?
4. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
5. What does Churchill do once he is out of the government?
6. How is Winston like his father? What does he do in Parliament that is similar to his father?
7. Why does Winston believe that Antwerp must be held? What does he do to try to prevent the Germans from taking the city? What is the outcome?
8. Why does Churchill receive public criticism during the war? Why is the criticism often unfair to Churchill?
9. What does Goonie introduce Churchill to? How does this help him?
10. What does Asquith tell Churchill that results in depression for Churchill? Why does this happen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Winston Churchill achieved legendary status in England? What actions or characteristics do you think made him a legend? Do you agree or disagree with this status? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What was Winston Churchill's role in World War I? What positions did he serve in? What impact did his actions have on the war or on England at this time? How did Churchill feel about the war and his role in it?
Essay Topic 3
What problem in Ireland did Winston Churchill have to deal with during his time in office? How did he feel about this issue? What was the aim of the IRA? What plans did the IRA have for Winston Churchill? Did they succeed?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)