|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Winston goes where to supervise the landing of the British infantry?
2. Winston is hired by what newspaper to cover the fighting in India?
3. Winston wants to use the money from his book for what?
4. Which country does England enter into a treaty with?
5. What do the Germans do in violation of international law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the political situation in Europe before WWI? Who is England backing?
2. What issues does Winston support? What changes in the government affect the common person?
3. What position does Campbell-Bannerman offer Winston? What does he do in this position?
4. What does Winston work on in India? Where does he want to go?
5. Where do the French and German armies meet? What led to this meeting? What was the outcome?
6. What is the British Army like during the time that Winston serves?
7. What does Goonie introduce Churchill to? How does this help him?
8. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
9. After King Edward dies suddenly, what position does Winston gain? What does he do in this position?
10. Why does Churchill receive public criticism during the war? Why is the criticism often unfair to Churchill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Winston Churchill achieved legendary status in England? What actions or characteristics do you think made him a legend? Do you agree or disagree with this status? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What was Winston Churchill's role in World War I? What positions did he serve in? What impact did his actions have on the war or on England at this time? How did Churchill feel about the war and his role in it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Winston Churchill's personality. What was he like as a person? What challenges did he face personally? How did he view himself? Give specific examples from the book.
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)