|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Winston and Clementine name their daughter born in 1918?
2. On April 23, Winston begins to attack what in Parliament?
3. What becomes Winston's base for his campaign?
4. Where does Winston hide?
5. How long does the voyage to Bombay take?
Short Essay Questions
1. What position does Campbell-Bannerman offer Winston? What does he do in this position?
2. What does Winston do with his leisure time? What does he enjoy doing?
3. What does Winston prepare for during his first time in Parliament? How does he do this? Is he successful?
4. How does Winston feel about going to India? What does he do about this?
5. What are the German attacks on the British like? Where to they take place in the early days of the war? What is the British response?
6. What is the relationship between India and England?
7. What does Asquith tell Churchill that results in depression for Churchill? Why does this happen?
8. How is Winston's name cleared over the Dardanelles?
9. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
10. What is the British Army like during the time that Winston serves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Winston chose to work as a writer? What aspects of his life made this work possible? Do you think he was a good writer/reporter? Why? Give specific examples from the book to back up your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Was Winston a good leader for England? What characteristics made Winston a good or bad leader? Support your answer with specific details from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Winston Churchill achieved legendary status in England? What actions or characteristics do you think made him a legend? Do you agree or disagree with this status? Why?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)