|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winston do to earn extra money?
2. Who does the Royal Commission blame for the Dardanelles?
3. By the end of 1914, the casualties for England and France are how many men?
4. Who is blamed for the lack of munitions by the troops in France?
5. How long did Winston delay the fall of Antwerp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between India and England?
2. After King Edward dies suddenly, what position does Winston gain? What does he do in this position?
3. How is Winston like his father? What does he do in Parliament that is similar to his father?
4. What does Goonie introduce Churchill to? How does this help him?
5. What is the British Army like during the time that Winston serves?
6. What does Winston do after reaching Bombay and Bombare? What does he think of Bombay?
7. How many women does Winston propose to? Who does he end up marrying? Why do some people think Winston did not feel comfortable with women?
8. What does Asquith tell Churchill that results in depression for Churchill? Why does this happen?
9. What does Winston prepare for during his first time in Parliament? How does he do this? Is he successful?
10. What is the political situation in Europe before WWI? Who is England backing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Winston chose to work as a writer? What aspects of his life made this work possible? Do you think he was a good writer/reporter? Why? Give specific examples from the book to back up your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What was Winston Churchill's childhood like? What experiences did he have as a child that would shape his life? Do you think Winston had a good childhood? Why or why not? Support your answer with information from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What were the three stages of Winston Churchill's public life? What events in Churchill's life are the three stages associated with? How were the three stages different? In which one do you think Churchill was most successful?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)