|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jennie arrives in South Africa with what?
2. What is Winston recommended for, even though he can't receive it?
3. The Tory Party draws much of its support from where?
4. How long did Winston delay the fall of Antwerp?
5. Who is in power when Winston joins Parliament?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Winston prepare for during his first time in Parliament? How does he do this? Is he successful?
2. How does Winston fill his leisure time in India?
3. Why does Churchill receive public criticism during the war? Why is the criticism often unfair to Churchill?
4. How is Winston's name cleared over the Dardanelles?
5. How does Winston feel about going to India? What does he do about this?
6. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
7. What does Winston do after reaching Bombay and Bombare? What does he think of Bombay?
8. What is the political situation in Europe before WWI? Who is England backing?
9. What are the German attacks on the British like? Where to they take place in the early days of the war? What is the British response?
10. Why does Winston believe that Antwerp must be held? What does he do to try to prevent the Germans from taking the city? What is the outcome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Randolph's government service. What positions did he hold? Was Randolph a success in the government or not? What decisions did he influence during his time in the government?
Essay Topic 2
What were the three stages of Winston Churchill's public life? What events in Churchill's life are the three stages associated with? How were the three stages different? In which one do you think Churchill was most successful?
Essay Topic 3
What was Winston Churchill's childhood like? What experiences did he have as a child that would shape his life? Do you think Winston had a good childhood? Why or why not? Support your answer with information from the book.
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)