Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Royal Commission blame for the Dardanelles?
2. What position does Asquith offer Winston?
3. Who is in power when Winston joins Parliament?
4. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
5. Why was it thought that the upper class made better officers and leaders in the Army?
Essay Topic 1
How did English life change during Winston's lifetime? How did Winston feel about the changes occurring in England and the rest of the world? Describe at least three changes that were occurring in English life.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Randolph's government service. What positions did he hold? Was Randolph a success in the government or not? What decisions did he influence during his time in the government?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Winston Churchill receive criticism for the attack on the Dardanelles? What role did he play in this attack? Do you think the criticism was founded or unfounded? Why? What did the commission find in its examination of the situation?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)