|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Winston and Clementine move in with whom?
2. What battle is Winston at during his trip?
3. How long did Winston delay the fall of Antwerp?
4. Winston wants to go where to cover a war?
5. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the British Army like during the time that Winston serves?
2. What does Winston prepare for during his first time in Parliament? How does he do this? Is he successful?
3. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
4. What does Goonie introduce Churchill to? How does this help him?
5. Why does Churchill receive public criticism during the war? Why is the criticism often unfair to Churchill?
6. What issues does Winston support? What changes in the government affect the common person?
7. What position does Campbell-Bannerman offer Winston? What does he do in this position?
8. How many women does Winston propose to? Who does he end up marrying? Why do some people think Winston did not feel comfortable with women?
9. What does Winston do after reaching Bombay and Bombare? What does he think of Bombay?
10. What does Asquith tell Churchill that results in depression for Churchill? Why does this happen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Winston's time in India like? Why did he go to India? Did he like his time there? How do you think this experience influenced Winston's decisions and thoughts about later events in India?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the British Empire in the late 1800s. How powerful was the empire at this time? Why was it so powerful? What changes occurred in the empire during Winston's lifetime that weakened it? Give specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What event or person do you think had the greatest effect on Winston Churchill? Why? Give specific examples from the book to back up your answer and show how this event or person influenced him.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)