|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
2. Which country does England enter into a treaty with?
3. On April 23, Winston begins to attack what in Parliament?
4. Where is Winston sent in 1895?
5. Where is Winston's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What issues does Winston support? What changes in the government affect the common person?
2. What does Winston work on in India? Where does he want to go?
3. Where do the French and German armies meet? What led to this meeting? What was the outcome?
4. What does Asquith tell Churchill that results in depression for Churchill? Why does this happen?
5. How does Winston feel about going to India? What does he do about this?
6. What are the German attacks on the British like? Where to they take place in the early days of the war? What is the British response?
7. What does Winston do after reaching Bombay and Bombare? What does he think of Bombay?
8. What does Winston do with his leisure time? What does he enjoy doing?
9. Why does Winston believe that Antwerp must be held? What does he do to try to prevent the Germans from taking the city? What is the outcome?
10. How does Winston fill his leisure time in India?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Winston Churchill achieved legendary status in England? What actions or characteristics do you think made him a legend? Do you agree or disagree with this status? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What was Winston Churchill like with his own family? Do you think that he was a good husband and father? Why or why not? Support your answer with specific information and details from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What was Winston Churchill's role in World War I? What positions did he serve in? What impact did his actions have on the war or on England at this time? How did Churchill feel about the war and his role in it?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)