|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Winston supports home rule in which country?
2. How does Winston feel about the office Asquith offers and being cut off from the war?
3. What position does Winston choose in the new government?
4. What battle is Winston at during his trip?
5. How many cavalry units did the British army have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Churchill do once he is out of the government?
2. What does Goonie introduce Churchill to? How does this help him?
3. How does Winston obtain extra money? What does he do in the time before leaving for India?
4. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
5. Where do the French and German armies meet? What led to this meeting? What was the outcome?
6. What does Asquith tell Churchill that results in depression for Churchill? Why does this happen?
7. What is the relationship between India and England?
8. What issues does Winston support? What changes in the government affect the common person?
9. What are the German attacks on the British like? Where to they take place in the early days of the war? What is the British response?
10. What does Winston prepare for during his first time in Parliament? How does he do this? Is he successful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Winston Churchill join the Fourth Hussars? Who helped him join this group? What was his role within this part of the military? How did other soldiers feel about his presence? Support your answer with specific information from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Was Winston a good leader for England? What characteristics made Winston a good or bad leader? Support your answer with specific details from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What was Winston's time in India like? Why did he go to India? Did he like his time there? How do you think this experience influenced Winston's decisions and thoughts about later events in India?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)