|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Germans do in violation of international law?
2. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
3. The War Council approves an attack on ____________________.
4. What do Winston and Clementine name their daughter born in 1918?
5. The Turks threaten to blow up which city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Winston like his father? What does he do in Parliament that is similar to his father?
2. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
3. What is the relationship between India and England?
4. Why does Churchill receive public criticism during the war? Why is the criticism often unfair to Churchill?
5. What position does Campbell-Bannerman offer Winston? What does he do in this position?
6. What does Winston do with his leisure time? What does he enjoy doing?
7. Why does Winston believe that Antwerp must be held? What does he do to try to prevent the Germans from taking the city? What is the outcome?
8. Where do the French and German armies meet? What led to this meeting? What was the outcome?
9. After King Edward dies suddenly, what position does Winston gain? What does he do in this position?
10. What is the British Army like during the time that Winston serves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What military experience did Winston have? How do you think this experience helped Winston (in his personal life or political career)? Support your answer with specific information from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What were the three stages of Winston Churchill's public life? What events in Churchill's life are the three stages associated with? How were the three stages different? In which one do you think Churchill was most successful?
Essay Topic 3
What event or person do you think had the greatest effect on Winston Churchill? Why? Give specific examples from the book to back up your answer and show how this event or person influenced him.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)