|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Germans do in violation of international law?
2. By the end of 1914, the casualties for England and France are how many men?
3. The Belgian king retreats to which city as the Germans push into Belgium?
4. How many women does Winston propose to before marrying?
5. How long does the voyage to Bombay take?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Winston work on in India? Where does he want to go?
2. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
3. How many women does Winston propose to? Who does he end up marrying? Why do some people think Winston did not feel comfortable with women?
4. How is Winston like his father? What does he do in Parliament that is similar to his father?
5. How does Winston feel about going to India? What does he do about this?
6. What does Goonie introduce Churchill to? How does this help him?
7. What does Winston prepare for during his first time in Parliament? How does he do this? Is he successful?
8. What is the relationship between India and England?
9. How does Winston obtain extra money? What does he do in the time before leaving for India?
10. What is the British Army like during the time that Winston serves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Winston's time in India like? Why did he go to India? Did he like his time there? How do you think this experience influenced Winston's decisions and thoughts about later events in India?
Essay Topic 2
What event or person do you think had the greatest effect on Winston Churchill? Why? Give specific examples from the book to back up your answer and show how this event or person influenced him.
Essay Topic 3
What was Winston Churchill like with his own family? Do you think that he was a good husband and father? Why or why not? Support your answer with specific information and details from the book.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)