|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Royal Commission blame for the Dardanelles?
2. After India, where is the next scene of action?
3. Who does Winston marry?
4. Which side does Winston fight on in the battle?
5. Winston supports home rule in which country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Asquith tell Churchill that results in depression for Churchill? Why does this happen?
2. How does Winston fill his leisure time in India?
3. How is Winston's name cleared over the Dardanelles?
4. What is the political situation in Europe before WWI? Who is England backing?
5. What issues does Winston support? What changes in the government affect the common person?
6. What does Churchill do once he is out of the government?
7. How does Winston feel about going to India? What does he do about this?
8. What does Winston do with his leisure time? What does he enjoy doing?
9. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
10. Why does Churchill receive public criticism during the war? Why is the criticism often unfair to Churchill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Winston's time in India like? Why did he go to India? Did he like his time there? How do you think this experience influenced Winston's decisions and thoughts about later events in India?
Essay Topic 2
What social class was Winston Churchill born into? How do you think that this affected his life? Do you think that he would have been able to achieve what he did had he been born into a different social class? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How did English life change during Winston's lifetime? How did Winston feel about the changes occurring in England and the rest of the world? Describe at least three changes that were occurring in English life.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)