|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randolph die from?
2. The British Empire covers how much of the world in the 1800s?
3. Who hears the news of the German breakthrough on the radio?
4. What do many Britons suffer from in the possessions?
5. Churchill likes movies about what topic?
Short Essay Questions
1. How large is the British Empire in the late 1800s? Give some examples of places that are included in the Empire at this time. Where does the Empire begin?
2. What is Winston's experience like at St. George's School near Ascot? Why does Winston stop attending?
3. Why does Churchill consider himself an underdog? How does this affect him?
4. What does Churchill tell his country about the fight?
5. What is Churchill's lineage?
6. Why is Churchill driven out of office the first time?
7. What complications surround the wedding of Randolph and Jennie?
8. How does Churchill feel about the past? What are some examples of this?
9. What military school does Winston attend? What are his experiences there like?
10. What is life in London like for women in the 1900s? Describe some of the things that women face.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Winston Churchill's personality. What was he like as a person? What challenges did he face personally? How did he view himself? Give specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What was Winston Churchill's childhood like? What experiences did he have as a child that would shape his life? Do you think Winston had a good childhood? Why or why not? Support your answer with information from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What social class was Winston Churchill born into? How do you think that this affected his life? Do you think that he would have been able to achieve what he did had he been born into a different social class? Why or why not?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)