|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Churchill likes to read books from what authors?
2. What does Churchill often do during the raids?
3. What subject does Winston have trouble with?
4. Winston's mother's family fought in what war?
5. Winston graduates in what position out of the class of 130?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Winston's experience like at St. George's School near Ascot? Why does Winston stop attending?
2. What is Winston's birth like?
3. How does Randolph's political career end?
4. What complications surround the wedding of Randolph and Jennie?
5. Why is Churchill driven out of office the first time?
6. How does Churchill feel about the past? What are some examples of this?
7. What are Winston's experiences like at the school in Brighton? What changes occur from the school in Ascot?
8. What is Jennie and Randolph's relationship like? How do they spend their time?
9. What was England's place in the world during the 1900s?
10. How was someone accepted for posts in the foreign service in the British Empire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the three stages of Winston Churchill's public life? What events in Churchill's life are the three stages associated with? How were the three stages different? In which one do you think Churchill was most successful?
Essay Topic 2
What social class was Winston Churchill born into? How do you think that this affected his life? Do you think that he would have been able to achieve what he did had he been born into a different social class? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How did Winston's relationship with his parents affect his life? What impact did this relationship have? How do you think Winston felt about this relationship? Give specific examples from the book to support your answers.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)