|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Daughters who do not marry in the late 1800s become almost what?
2. Winston's father is the seventh Duke of _______________.
3. Why is Winston enrolled at a school in Brighton?
4. What modern technology does Churchill not like?
5. How old was Randolf when he resigned his position?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Churchill driven out of office the first time?
2. What is Churchill's lineage?
3. Why does Churchill consider himself an underdog? How does this affect him?
4. How does Churchill feel about the past? What are some examples of this?
5. What is Churchill's financial status like during this life?
6. How large is the British Empire in the late 1800s? Give some examples of places that are included in the Empire at this time. Where does the Empire begin?
7. What are Winston's experiences like at the school in Brighton? What changes occur from the school in Ascot?
8. What problems does Winston's birth present? How are they handled?
9. What is Jennie and Randolph's relationship like? How do they spend their time?
10. How did people around the British Empire keep in touch and gain news during the 1900s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problem in Ireland did Winston Churchill have to deal with during his time in office? How did he feel about this issue? What was the aim of the IRA? What plans did the IRA have for Winston Churchill? Did they succeed?
Essay Topic 2
What were the three stages of Winston Churchill's public life? What events in Churchill's life are the three stages associated with? How were the three stages different? In which one do you think Churchill was most successful?
Essay Topic 3
What social class was Winston Churchill born into? How do you think that this affected his life? Do you think that he would have been able to achieve what he did had he been born into a different social class? Why or why not?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)