|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Attacks on the British occur in which of the following possessions?
2. Churchill likes to read books from what authors?
3. What helps save the British troops?
4. What does Churchill blame his weaknesses on?
5. How many warships does the British Navy have in the late 1800s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was England's place in the world during the 1900s?
2. Why is Churchill driven out of office the first time?
3. Why does Churchill consider himself an underdog? How does this affect him?
4. How does Randolph's political career end?
5. What is Winston's birth like?
6. What is life in London like for women in the 1900s? Describe some of the things that women face.
7. What is Jennie and Randolph's relationship like? How do they spend their time?
8. What is the situation at Dunkirk as the book opens?
9. What complications surround the wedding of Randolph and Jennie?
10. How is the decision made for Churchill to assume control? Why is he chosen? Who chooses him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Winston Churchill achieved legendary status in England? What actions or characteristics do you think made him a legend? Do you agree or disagree with this status? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Winston chose to work as a writer? What aspects of his life made this work possible? Do you think he was a good writer/reporter? Why? Give specific examples from the book to back up your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Winston's role in World War II. What did he do in the war to help the war effort? How did he feel about World War II? What positions did he hold during the war? Do you think Winston helped or hindered the war effort in England?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)