|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. CWR stands for what?
2. What percentage of the world's merchant ships fly the British flag?
3. What did Britain think it would never lose?
4. Winston graduates in what position out of the class of 130?
5. Who is Winston's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Churchill's financial status like during this life?
2. What issues does Winston support? What changes in the government affect the common person?
3. How do Churchill's feelings and actions about Hitler and Mussolini change?
4. Why does Churchill receive public criticism during the war? Why is the criticism often unfair to Churchill?
5. What position does Campbell-Bannerman offer Winston? What does he do in this position?
6. What is the situation at Dunkirk as the book opens?
7. What does Winston do after reaching Bombay and Bombare? What does he think of Bombay?
8. What is Churchill's lineage?
9. What complications surround the wedding of Randolph and Jennie?
10. Why does Churchill consider himself an underdog? How does this affect him?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Randolph's government service. What positions did he hold? Was Randolph a success in the government or not? What decisions did he influence during his time in the government?
Essay Topic 2
How did Winston's relationship with his parents affect his life? What impact did this relationship have? How do you think Winston felt about this relationship? Give specific examples from the book to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
How did English life change during Winston's lifetime? How did Winston feel about the changes occurring in England and the rest of the world? Describe at least three changes that were occurring in English life.
This section contains 1,462 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)