|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The most successful years of Churchill's life happen after what event?
2. Who is Churchill friendly with that he later will not be?
3. Churchill is driven out of office over his plans for what?
4. How old was Randolf when he resigned his position?
5. After the U.S. gains independence, what is the Empire's greatest possession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Churchill feel about the past? What are some examples of this?
2. Where are the Prime Minister's headquarters located? What is it called? How does Churchill feel about living there?
3. What position does Campbell-Bannerman offer Winston? What does he do in this position?
4. What are the stages of Churchill's public life?
5. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
6. How did the British Empire decline?
7. What is the situation in Ireland that Winston faces? How does he handle this?
8. Why does Churchill receive public criticism during the war? Why is the criticism often unfair to Churchill?
9. What does Winston work on in India? Where does he want to go?
10. How is Winston's name cleared over the Dardanelles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Winston Churchill's role in World War I? What positions did he serve in? What impact did his actions have on the war or on England at this time? How did Churchill feel about the war and his role in it?
Essay Topic 2
What was Winston Churchill like with his own family? Do you think that he was a good husband and father? Why or why not? Support your answer with specific information and details from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What social class was Winston Churchill born into? How do you think that this affected his life? Do you think that he would have been able to achieve what he did had he been born into a different social class? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,514 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)