|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Serving at certain posts in the possessions is often based on what?
2. Who is against a negotiated settlement?
3. Churchill thinks of himself as what?
4. In order to secure their Indian Empire, the British have to control the southern part of what?
5. Winston Churchill is born in what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Winston's birth like?
2. How did people around the British Empire keep in touch and gain news during the 1900s?
3. What does Churchill tell his country about the fight?
4. What was England's place in the world during the 1900s?
5. How does Randolph's political career end?
6. What is Jennie and Randolph's relationship like? How do they spend their time?
7. What complications surround the wedding of Randolph and Jennie?
8. What is life in London like for women in the 1900s? Describe some of the things that women face.
9. What is the situation at Dunkirk as the book opens?
10. What are the stages of Churchill's public life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Winston's relationship with his parents affect his life? What impact did this relationship have? How do you think Winston felt about this relationship? Give specific examples from the book to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Winston Churchill receive criticism for the attack on the Dardanelles? What role did he play in this attack? Do you think the criticism was founded or unfounded? Why? What did the commission find in its examination of the situation?
Essay Topic 3
What was Winston Churchill's role in World War I? What positions did he serve in? What impact did his actions have on the war or on England at this time? How did Churchill feel about the war and his role in it?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)