|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winston's brother named?
2. The British Empire covers how much of the world in the 1800s?
3. What does Churchill lose more of than any other British politician?
4. How old is Winston's mother when she meets his father?
5. In WWI, Churchill believes that the continental armies cannot overcome what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the British Navy like during the late 1800s? How many warships does it have?
2. As Colonial Secretary, what problems and challenges does Winston face?
3. What complications surround the wedding of Randolph and Jennie?
4. How is Winston like his father? What does he do in Parliament that is similar to his father?
5. How does Churchill feel about the past? What are some examples of this?
6. What does Churchill do once he is out of the government?
7. What does Winston do after reaching Bombay and Bombare? What does he think of Bombay?
8. What does Winston work on in India? Where does he want to go?
9. What is Jennie and Randolph's relationship like? How do they spend their time?
10. How was someone accepted for posts in the foreign service in the British Empire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Winston Churchill like with his own family? Do you think that he was a good husband and father? Why or why not? Support your answer with specific information and details from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What was Winston Churchill's childhood like? What experiences did he have as a child that would shape his life? Do you think Winston had a good childhood? Why or why not? Support your answer with information from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Winston's role in World War II. What did he do in the war to help the war effort? How did he feel about World War II? What positions did he hold during the war? Do you think Winston helped or hindered the war effort in England?
This section contains 1,440 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)