Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank does Winston eventually enter in?
2. In order to secure their Indian Empire, the British have to control the southern part of what?
3. Winston Churchill is born in what year?
4. What does Churchill blame his weaknesses on?
5. Who is the enemy that the British Army is fighting against?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the British Navy like during the late 1800s? How many warships does it have?
2. What problems does Winston's birth present? How are they handled?
3. How does Churchill feel about the changes after WWI in regard to the British Empire and the Navy?
4. What does Winston do with his leisure time? What does he enjoy doing?
5. How does Winston feel about going to India? What does he do about this?
6. Why is Churchill driven out of office the first time?
7. What does Goonie introduce Churchill to? How does this help him?
8. What are the German attacks on the British like? Where to they take place in the early days of the war? What is the British response?
9. Why does the family move to Dublin? Why do they move back to London?
10. What does Asquith tell Churchill that results in depression for Churchill? Why does this happen?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Winston Churchill's personality. What was he like as a person? What challenges did he face personally? How did he view himself? Give specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What military experience did Winston have? How do you think this experience helped Winston (in his personal life or political career)? Support your answer with specific information from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Winston chose to work as a writer? What aspects of his life made this work possible? Do you think he was a good writer/reporter? Why? Give specific examples from the book to back up your answer.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)