|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of miners was British?
2. Winston's mother's family fought in what war?
3. Randolph's mother borrows baby supplies from whom?
4. Churchill thinks of himself as what?
5. What is Randolph appointed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Churchill feel about the past? What are some examples of this?
2. What does Churchill tell his country about the fight?
3. What complications surround the wedding of Randolph and Jennie?
4. What is the situation at Dunkirk as the book opens?
5. Why does the family move to Dublin? Why do they move back to London?
6. What was England's place in the world during the 1900s?
7. What problems does Winston's birth present? How are they handled?
8. How do Churchill's feelings and actions about Hitler and Mussolini change?
9. What is Winston's birth like?
10. What are the stages of Churchill's public life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What event or person do you think had the greatest effect on Winston Churchill? Why? Give specific examples from the book to back up your answer and show how this event or person influenced him.
Essay Topic 2
How did English life change during Winston's lifetime? How did Winston feel about the changes occurring in England and the rest of the world? Describe at least three changes that were occurring in English life.
Essay Topic 3
What were the three stages of Winston Churchill's public life? What events in Churchill's life are the three stages associated with? How were the three stages different? In which one do you think Churchill was most successful?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)