|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Randolph goes where for three months?
2. What is the largest metropolitan area in the late 1800s?
3. Churchill likes to read books from what authors?
4. Who is Winston's father?
5. Randolph's family is good friends with whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Churchill's feelings and actions about Hitler and Mussolini change?
2. What problems does Winston's birth present? How are they handled?
3. What is Churchill's lineage?
4. How large is the British Empire in the late 1800s? Give some examples of places that are included in the Empire at this time. Where does the Empire begin?
5. How did people around the British Empire keep in touch and gain news during the 1900s?
6. What was England's place in the world during the 1900s?
7. What is Winston's birth like?
8. What is the situation at Dunkirk as the book opens?
9. How do the people in other countries and possessions feel about the British? Why?
10. What are Winston's experiences like at the school in Brighton? What changes occur from the school in Ascot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the three stages of Winston Churchill's public life? What events in Churchill's life are the three stages associated with? How were the three stages different? In which one do you think Churchill was most successful?
Essay Topic 2
What was Winston Churchill like with his own family? Do you think that he was a good husband and father? Why or why not? Support your answer with specific information and details from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How did Winston's relationship with his parents affect his life? What impact did this relationship have? How do you think Winston felt about this relationship? Give specific examples from the book to support your answers.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)