Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank does Winston eventually enter in?
2. In order to secure their Indian Empire, the British have to control the southern part of what?
3. Winston Churchill is born in what year?
4. What does Churchill blame his weaknesses on?
5. Who is the enemy that the British Army is fighting against?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the British Navy like during the late 1800s? How many warships does it have?
2. What problems does Winston's birth present? How are they handled?
3. How does Churchill feel about the changes after WWI in regard to the British Empire and the Navy?
4. What does Winston do with his leisure time? What does he enjoy doing?
5. How does Winston feel about going to India? What does he do about this?
6. Why is Churchill driven out of office the first time?
7. What does Goonie introduce Churchill to? How does this help him?
8. What are the German attacks on the British like? Where to they take place in the early days of the war? What is the British response?
9. Why does the family move to Dublin? Why do they move back to London?
10. What does Asquith tell Churchill that results in depression for Churchill? Why does this happen?
Essay Topic 1
What military experience did Winston have? How do you think this experience helped Winston (in his personal life or political career)? Support your answer with specific information from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What was Winston Churchill's role in World War I? What positions did he serve in? What impact did his actions have on the war or on England at this time? How did Churchill feel about the war and his role in it?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Winston Churchill join the Fourth Hussars? Who helped him join this group? What was his role within this part of the military? How did other soldiers feel about his presence? Support your answer with specific information from the book.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)