|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women in the late 1800s in London have a hard time obtaining what?
2. Randolph decides to do what as a career?
3. Churchill likes to read books from what authors?
4. England is under the rule of which royal person at the time of Churchill's birth?
5. What helps save the British troops?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was England's place in the world during the 1900s?
2. Why does the family move to Dublin? Why do they move back to London?
3. How did people around the British Empire keep in touch and gain news during the 1900s?
4. What military school does Winston attend? What are his experiences there like?
5. What is Churchill's financial status like during this life?
6. Where are the Prime Minister's headquarters located? What is it called? How does Churchill feel about living there?
7. How large is the British Empire in the late 1800s? Give some examples of places that are included in the Empire at this time. Where does the Empire begin?
8. What is Winston's birth like?
9. What is the situation at Dunkirk as the book opens?
10. What are the stages of Churchill's public life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Winston Churchill like with his own family? Do you think that he was a good husband and father? Why or why not? Support your answer with specific information and details from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Winston's role in World War II. What did he do in the war to help the war effort? How did he feel about World War II? What positions did he hold during the war? Do you think Winston helped or hindered the war effort in England?
Essay Topic 3
What was Winston Churchill's childhood like? What experiences did he have as a child that would shape his life? Do you think Winston had a good childhood? Why or why not? Support your answer with information from the book.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)