|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the headquarters for the Prime Minister located?
2. Daughters who do not marry in the late 1800s become almost what?
3. Randolph's family is good friends with whom?
4. Who does not attend the wedding of Winston's mother and father?
5. Randolph decides to do what as a career?
Short Essay Questions
1. How large is the British Empire in the late 1800s? Give some examples of places that are included in the Empire at this time. Where does the Empire begin?
2. How is the decision made for Churchill to assume control? Why is he chosen? Who chooses him?
3. What is the situation at Dunkirk as the book opens?
4. What complications surround the wedding of Randolph and Jennie?
5. What is Churchill's financial status like during this life?
6. What was England's place in the world during the 1900s?
7. How does Randolph's political career end?
8. What are Winston's experiences like at the school in Brighton? What changes occur from the school in Ascot?
9. What does Churchill tell his country about the fight?
10. How does Churchill feel about the past? What are some examples of this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Winston Churchill's childhood like? What experiences did he have as a child that would shape his life? Do you think Winston had a good childhood? Why or why not? Support your answer with information from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How did English life change during Winston's lifetime? How did Winston feel about the changes occurring in England and the rest of the world? Describe at least three changes that were occurring in English life.
Essay Topic 3
What was Winston Churchill like with his own family? Do you think that he was a good husband and father? Why or why not? Support your answer with specific information and details from the book.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)