|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Churchill lose more of than any other British politician?
2. What does Churchill tell his country to prepare for?
3. What is the largest metropolitan area in the late 1800s?
4. Who is Winston's father?
5. What is Winston's brother named?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Churchill driven out of office the first time?
2. Why does the family move to Dublin? Why do they move back to London?
3. What is the relationship like between Winston and his parents? Who cares for Winston?
4. What is Churchill's financial status like during this life?
5. What complications surround the wedding of Randolph and Jennie?
6. What is Winston's birth like?
7. What is life in London like for women in the 1900s? Describe some of the things that women face.
8. Where are the Prime Minister's headquarters located? What is it called? How does Churchill feel about living there?
9. What was England's place in the world during the 1900s?
10. What is Jennie and Randolph's relationship like? How do they spend their time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What military experience did Winston have? How do you think this experience helped Winston (in his personal life or political career)? Support your answer with specific information from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What social class was Winston Churchill born into? How do you think that this affected his life? Do you think that he would have been able to achieve what he did had he been born into a different social class? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Winston chose to work as a writer? What aspects of his life made this work possible? Do you think he was a good writer/reporter? Why? Give specific examples from the book to back up your answer.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)