|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Canada is acquired by whom?
2. Winston studies for exams at which military school?
3. CWR stands for what?
4. How does Churchill feel about the Cabinet War Rooms?
5. Randolph's mother borrows baby supplies from whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Winston's experience like at St. George's School near Ascot? Why does Winston stop attending?
2. Why does Churchill consider himself an underdog? How does this affect him?
3. What is life in London like for women in the 1900s? Describe some of the things that women face.
4. What military school does Winston attend? What are his experiences there like?
5. How does Randolph's political career end?
6. What is Churchill's financial status like during this life?
7. How do the people in other countries and possessions feel about the British? Why?
8. What is the situation at Dunkirk as the book opens?
9. What problems does Winston's birth present? How are they handled?
10. How do Churchill's feelings and actions about Hitler and Mussolini change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Winston's time in India like? Why did he go to India? Did he like his time there? How do you think this experience influenced Winston's decisions and thoughts about later events in India?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Randolph's government service. What positions did he hold? Was Randolph a success in the government or not? What decisions did he influence during his time in the government?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Winston Churchill receive criticism for the attack on the Dardanelles? What role did he play in this attack? Do you think the criticism was founded or unfounded? Why? What did the commission find in its examination of the situation?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)