|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Winston's father is the seventh Duke of _______________.
2. How many stages does Churchill's public life have?
3. Where is the family's country home?
4. Churchill thinks of himself as what?
5. Canada is acquired by whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What complications surround the wedding of Randolph and Jennie?
2. How did people around the British Empire keep in touch and gain news during the 1900s?
3. What is Winston's birth like?
4. How was someone accepted for posts in the foreign service in the British Empire?
5. Why does Churchill consider himself an underdog? How does this affect him?
6. What are the stages of Churchill's public life?
7. Where are the Prime Minister's headquarters located? What is it called? How does Churchill feel about living there?
8. Why does the family move to Dublin? Why do they move back to London?
9. What is Churchill's financial status like during this life?
10. What was England's place in the world during the 1900s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Winston's role in World War II. What did he do in the war to help the war effort? How did he feel about World War II? What positions did he hold during the war? Do you think Winston helped or hindered the war effort in England?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the British Empire in the late 1800s. How powerful was the empire at this time? Why was it so powerful? What changes occurred in the empire during Winston's lifetime that weakened it? Give specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Randolph's government service. What positions did he hold? Was Randolph a success in the government or not? What decisions did he influence during his time in the government?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)