|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hired as Winston's nanny?
2. Who is Winston's father?
3. What school is Winston enrolled in?
4. What rank does Winston eventually enter in?
5. The British Empire begins with their discovery of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Winston's experience like at St. George's School near Ascot? Why does Winston stop attending?
2. What is the situation in Ireland that Winston faces? How does he handle this?
3. What does Churchill tell his country about the fight?
4. What is the British Navy like during the late 1800s? How many warships does it have?
5. What issues does Winston support? What changes in the government affect the common person?
6. What is Jennie and Randolph's relationship like? How do they spend their time?
7. What does Asquith tell Churchill that results in depression for Churchill? Why does this happen?
8. What is Churchill's lineage?
9. How does Winston feel about Mussolini? How do his feelings change?
10. How was someone accepted for posts in the foreign service in the British Empire?
Essay Topic 1
What were the three stages of Winston Churchill's public life? What events in Churchill's life are the three stages associated with? How were the three stages different? In which one do you think Churchill was most successful?
Essay Topic 2
How did Winston's relationship with his parents affect his life? What impact did this relationship have? How do you think Winston felt about this relationship? Give specific examples from the book to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Why did Winston Churchill receive criticism for the attack on the Dardanelles? What role did he play in this attack? Do you think the criticism was founded or unfounded? Why? What did the commission find in its examination of the situation?
This section contains 1,482 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)