|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears in 1905?
2. After India, where is the next scene of action?
(c) South America
3. Winston wants to go where to cover a war?
4. What is Winston's novel called?
(b) India's Gem
(c) The History of the Churchills
5. What does Winston do to earn extra money?
(a) Writes articles for the Daily Graphic
(b) Leads safaris out of Cape Town
(c) Acts as a travel guide in Scotland
(d) Tutors the children of the Duke of Danube
Short Answer Questions
1. Winston spends time with what friend of Jennie's?
2. Who is in power when Winston joins Parliament?
3. Who does the Royal Commission blame for the Dardanelles?
4. The British War Office believes that which country will become the battleground of the war?
5. Who warns Winston that his traveling is not going over well with the cabinet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the political situation in Europe before WWI? Who is England backing?
2. How is Winston like his father? What does he do in Parliament that is similar to his father?
3. Where do the French and German armies meet? What led to this meeting? What was the outcome?
4. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
5. What position does Campbell-Bannerman offer Winston? What does he do in this position?
6. What does Winston work on in India? Where does he want to go?
7. What does Asquith tell Churchill that results in depression for Churchill? Why does this happen?
8. How many women does Winston propose to? Who does he end up marrying? Why do some people think Winston did not feel comfortable with women?
9. What does Goonie introduce Churchill to? How does this help him?
10. How does Winston fill his leisure time in India?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)