|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On June 17, 1917, Winston is appointed what?
(a) Minister of Munitions
(b) Prime Minister
(c) Secretary of the Interior
(d) Lord of Kent
2. Why do many feel that Winston was not comfortable around women?
(a) He was too tall
(b) His father wasn't around to offer advice
(c) He does not have a college degree
(d) His mother's affairs
3. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
4. How long did Winston delay the fall of Antwerp?
(a) Four months
(b) Three days
(c) Nine months
(d) One week
5. What makes the upper class turn away from Winston?
(a) The People's Budget of 1909
(b) Clementine's affairs while Winston is away
(c) Jennie's affair with a much younger man
(d) His support of the war with France
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Winston sent in 1895?
2. Where does Winston hide?
3. Winston supports home rule in which country?
4. What happens to Winston as he is traveling with a British truck in South Africa?
5. How long does the voyage to Bombay take?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Winston feel about going to India? What does he do about this?
2. What does Goonie introduce Churchill to? How does this help him?
3. How many women does Winston propose to? Who does he end up marrying? Why do some people think Winston did not feel comfortable with women?
4. After King Edward dies suddenly, what position does Winston gain? What does he do in this position?
5. What is the political situation in Europe before WWI? Who is England backing?
6. How does Winston obtain extra money? What does he do in the time before leaving for India?
7. What does Winston work on in India? Where does he want to go?
8. What does Winston do after reaching Bombay and Bombare? What does he think of Bombay?
9. What does Winston prepare for during his first time in Parliament? How does he do this? Is he successful?
10. Where do the French and German armies meet? What led to this meeting? What was the outcome?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)