|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Winston marry?
(a) Clementine Hozier
(b) Dora Thompson
(c) Victoria Owens
(d) Sarah Jane Blair
2. What was Winston called by fellow soldiers and others?
(a) Scaredy cat
(d) Publicity hound
3. Which country does England enter into a treaty with?
4. Winston supports home rule in which country?
(a) United States
5. What is Winston's novel called?
(a) The History of the Churchills
(b) India's Gem
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Jennie send to Winston for the journey?
2. The Tory Party draws much of its support from where?
3. How long does the voyage to Bombay take?
4. Who speaks before Winston?
5. How long did Winston delay the fall of Antwerp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the French and German armies meet? What led to this meeting? What was the outcome?
2. What position does Campbell-Bannerman offer Winston? What does he do in this position?
3. What issues does Winston support? What changes in the government affect the common person?
4. How does Winston obtain extra money? What does he do in the time before leaving for India?
5. After King Edward dies suddenly, what position does Winston gain? What does he do in this position?
6. How is Winston's name cleared over the Dardanelles?
7. What is the relationship between India and England?
8. What does Winston do with his leisure time? What does he enjoy doing?
9. What does Winston work on in India? Where does he want to go?
10. What are the German attacks on the British like? Where to they take place in the early days of the war? What is the British response?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)