|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Royal Commission blame for the Dardanelles?
(a) Fisher and Churchill
(b) Asquith and Kitchener
(c) Foster and Kemel
2. How much money does Jennie send to Winston for the journey?
(a) 90 pounds
(b) 30 pounds
(c) 6 pounds
(d) 22 pounds
3. Winston goes where to supervise the landing of the British infantry?
4. What does Winston do to prepare for his speech in Parliament?
(a) Practices in front of a mirror
(b) Hires a speech coach
(c) He doesn't prepare
(d) Has a practice run in the Parliament building
5. Where does Winston hide?
(a) A mine
(b) A hotel
(c) A closet
(d) The forest
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the upper class turn away from Winston?
2. Goonie introduces Winston to what?
3. Why is Winston familiar with the terminology and protocol of Parliament?
4. What position does Winston choose in the new government?
5. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Winston do after reaching Bombay and Bombare? What does he think of Bombay?
2. What is the British Army like during the time that Winston serves?
3. What position does Campbell-Bannerman offer Winston? What does he do in this position?
4. What is the relationship between India and England?
5. What issues does Winston support? What changes in the government affect the common person?
6. What does Winston do with his leisure time? What does he enjoy doing?
7. How many women does Winston propose to? Who does he end up marrying? Why do some people think Winston did not feel comfortable with women?
8. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
9. What does Winston prepare for during his first time in Parliament? How does he do this? Is he successful?
10. What are the German attacks on the British like? Where to they take place in the early days of the war? What is the British response?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)