|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Winston marry?
(a) Clementine Hozier
(b) Sarah Jane Blair
(c) Victoria Owens
(d) Dora Thompson
2. Who is in power when Winston joins Parliament?
(b) Sinn Fein
(d) Green Party
3. What position does Asquith offer Winston?
(a) Secretary of State
(b) Minister of Defense
(c) Speaker of Parliament
(d) President of the Board of Trade
4. What battle is Winston at during his trip?
(a) Bay of Montoun
(b) La Reforma
(c) Lee Ho
5. Winston spends time with what friend of Jennie's?
(a) John Earle
(b) Bailey Kronvall
(c) David Gentry
(d) Bourke Cockran
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do many feel that Winston was not comfortable around women?
2. How much money does Jennie send to Winston for the journey?
3. How many European soldiers are mobilized in the first week of WWI?
4. Winston goes where to supervise the landing of the British infantry?
5. Winston wants ___________ to return to active duty.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the German attacks on the British like? Where to they take place in the early days of the war? What is the British response?
2. What position does Campbell-Bannerman offer Winston? What does he do in this position?
3. How is Winston's name cleared over the Dardanelles?
4. What does Winston do with his leisure time? What does he enjoy doing?
5. What does Asquith tell Churchill that results in depression for Churchill? Why does this happen?
6. What does Churchill do once he is out of the government?
7. How many women does Winston propose to? Who does he end up marrying? Why do some people think Winston did not feel comfortable with women?
8. What issues does Winston support? What changes in the government affect the common person?
9. Why does Churchill receive public criticism during the war? Why is the criticism often unfair to Churchill?
10. Where do the French and German armies meet? What led to this meeting? What was the outcome?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)