|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which side does Winston fight on in the battle?
(d) United States
2. What appears in 1905?
3. What is Winston pelted with at a rally in Ulster?
(d) Dead fish
4. Who warns Winston that his traveling is not going over well with the cabinet?
(a) The Queen
(b) Prince of Wales
5. The Belgian king retreats to which city as the Germans push into Belgium?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Asquith offer Winston?
2. What makes the upper class turn away from Winston?
3. What is Winston's novel called?
4. What does Winston do to prepare for his speech in Parliament?
5. Who opens Parliament on February 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the British Army like during the time that Winston serves?
2. What issues does Winston support? What changes in the government affect the common person?
3. How does Winston feel about going to India? What does he do about this?
4. What is the relationship between India and England?
5. What is the political situation in Europe before WWI? Who is England backing?
6. After King Edward dies suddenly, what position does Winston gain? What does he do in this position?
7. What does Winston prepare for during his first time in Parliament? How does he do this? Is he successful?
8. Why does Churchill receive public criticism during the war? Why is the criticism often unfair to Churchill?
9. How is Winston like his father? What does he do in Parliament that is similar to his father?
10. What position does Campbell-Bannerman offer Winston? What does he do in this position?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)