|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Germans do in violation of international law?
(a) Invade Greenland
(b) Close the English Channel
(c) Refuse to fight the British in Antwerp
(d) Barricade the Baltic Sea
2. Winston spends time with what friend of Jennie's?
(a) David Gentry
(b) John Earle
(c) Bailey Kronvall
(d) Bourke Cockran
3. Winston hires a boy to fill what position?
(a) Dressing Boy
4. How long did Winston delay the fall of Antwerp?
(a) Four months
(b) Nine months
(c) Three days
(d) One week
5. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Turks threaten to blow up which city?
2. What position does Asquith offer Winston?
3. What battle is Winston at during his trip?
4. Winston wants ___________ to return to active duty.
5. Who does Winston name as his private secretary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many women does Winston propose to? Who does he end up marrying? Why do some people think Winston did not feel comfortable with women?
2. How does Winston obtain extra money? What does he do in the time before leaving for India?
3. What does Goonie introduce Churchill to? How does this help him?
4. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
5. Why does Churchill receive public criticism during the war? Why is the criticism often unfair to Churchill?
6. What does Winston prepare for during his first time in Parliament? How does he do this? Is he successful?
7. Where do the French and German armies meet? What led to this meeting? What was the outcome?
8. What does Churchill do once he is out of the government?
9. What does Winston work on in India? Where does he want to go?
10. Why does Winston believe that Antwerp must be held? What does he do to try to prevent the Germans from taking the city? What is the outcome?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)