|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes Winston's base for his campaign?
(a) The Manchester Midland Hotel
(b) His apartment
(c) His mother's country estate
(d) The Kent Allistor Ballroom
2. What does Winston learn when he arrives in Dover?
(a) Clementine has given birth to a girl
(b) Antwerp has fallen to the French
(c) Italy has fallen to the Germans
(d) The United States has entered the war
3. How many ponies does Winston own?
4. How long did Winston delay the fall of Antwerp?
(a) Nine months
(b) Four months
(c) Three days
(d) One week
5. What is Winston's novel called?
(b) The History of the Churchills
(d) India's Gem
Short Answer Questions
1. How many European soldiers are mobilized in the first week of WWI?
2. What city does Winston come to see has strategic value that he vows to keep from the Germans?
3. By the end of 1914, the casualties for England and France are how many men?
4. How long does the voyage to Bombay take?
5. Winston hires a boy to fill what position?
Short Essay Questions
1. What position does Campbell-Bannerman offer Winston? What does he do in this position?
2. What does Goonie introduce Churchill to? How does this help him?
3. What is the relationship between India and England?
4. How does Winston feel about going to India? What does he do about this?
5. What does Winston do with his leisure time? What does he enjoy doing?
6. What does Winston work on in India? Where does he want to go?
7. What is the British Army like during the time that Winston serves?
8. What does Winston prepare for during his first time in Parliament? How does he do this? Is he successful?
9. Why does Churchill receive public criticism during the war? Why is the criticism often unfair to Churchill?
10. Where do the French and German armies meet? What led to this meeting? What was the outcome?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)