|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of 1914, the casualties for England and France are how many men?
(a) Three hundred thousand
(b) One million
(c) Seven hundred thousand
(d) Fifty thousand
2. Why was it thought that the upper class made better officers and leaders in the Army?
(a) They are smarter than the lower classes
(b) They have more money for uniforms and horses
(c) They have a stake in the country
(d) They are natural leaders
3. Who is in power when Winston joins Parliament?
(a) Sinn Fein
(c) Green Party
4. Winston supports home rule in which country?
(b) United States
5. Winston and Clementine move in with whom?
(a) Jennie's sister
(b) Clementine's aunt
(d) Winston's brother
Short Answer Questions
1. Clementine and the children go where in late August?
2. How many European soldiers are mobilized in the first week of WWI?
3. Goonie introduces Winston to what?
4. What battle is Winston at during his trip?
5. What do Winston and Clementine name their daughter born in 1918?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Winston work on in India? Where does he want to go?
2. Where do the French and German armies meet? What led to this meeting? What was the outcome?
3. What is the British Army like during the time that Winston serves?
4. What is the political situation in Europe before WWI? Who is England backing?
5. Why does Churchill receive public criticism during the war? Why is the criticism often unfair to Churchill?
6. After King Edward dies suddenly, what position does Winston gain? What does he do in this position?
7. What issues does Winston support? What changes in the government affect the common person?
8. What does Winston do with his leisure time? What does he enjoy doing?
9. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
10. How does Winston fill his leisure time in India?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)