|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Winston that his traveling is not going over well with the cabinet?
(b) The Queen
(d) Prince of Wales
2. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
3. Who opens Parliament on February 14?
(a) Winston Churchill
(b) Queen Elizabeth
(c) King Edward VII
(d) Queen Victoria
4. Winston wants ___________ to return to active duty.
(a) Sir Portman
(b) Lord Chesterfield
(c) Lord Fisher
(d) Sir Abbey
5. What is Winston recommended for, even though he can't receive it?
(a) Victoria Cross
(b) Nobel Peace Prize
(d) Purple Heart
Short Answer Questions
1. Winston goes where to supervise the landing of the British infantry?
2. The British War Office believes that which country will become the battleground of the war?
3. What position does Winston choose in the new government?
4. The War Council approves an attack on ____________________.
5. Winston hires a boy to fill what position?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Winston believe that Antwerp must be held? What does he do to try to prevent the Germans from taking the city? What is the outcome?
2. What does Winston prepare for during his first time in Parliament? How does he do this? Is he successful?
3. Why does Churchill receive public criticism during the war? Why is the criticism often unfair to Churchill?
4. How does Winston feel about going to India? What does he do about this?
5. What does Winston work on in India? Where does he want to go?
6. Where do the French and German armies meet? What led to this meeting? What was the outcome?
7. How does Winston fill his leisure time in India?
8. What does Goonie introduce Churchill to? How does this help him?
9. How is Winston like his father? What does he do in Parliament that is similar to his father?
10. What issues does Winston support? What changes in the government affect the common person?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)