|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who opens Parliament on February 14?
(a) Winston Churchill
(b) Queen Elizabeth
(c) King Edward VII
(d) Queen Victoria
2. Winston spends time with what friend of Jennie's?
(a) David Gentry
(b) John Earle
(c) Bourke Cockran
(d) Bailey Kronvall
3. Which actress does Winston propose to first?
(a) Ethel Barrymore
(b) Jenna Moyer
(c) Emma Carlton
(d) Abigail Grant
4. What does Winston do to prepare for his speech in Parliament?
(a) Has a practice run in the Parliament building
(b) Practices in front of a mirror
(c) Hires a speech coach
(d) He doesn't prepare
5. Who speaks before Winston?
(a) David Blair
(b) Gresham St. John
(c) Lloyd George
(d) Phillip Calder
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do many feel that Winston was not comfortable around women?
2. Who refuses to serve with Winston?
3. What does Winston learn when he arrives in Dover?
4. What is Winston's novel called?
5. Why is Winston familiar with the terminology and protocol of Parliament?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Winston do with his leisure time? What does he enjoy doing?
2. How is Winston like his father? What does he do in Parliament that is similar to his father?
3. What does Asquith tell Churchill that results in depression for Churchill? Why does this happen?
4. What does Winston work on in India? Where does he want to go?
5. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
6. Where do the French and German armies meet? What led to this meeting? What was the outcome?
7. How does Winston feel about going to India? What does he do about this?
8. What does Winston prepare for during his first time in Parliament? How does he do this? Is he successful?
9. How does Winston obtain extra money? What does he do in the time before leaving for India?
10. What does Goonie introduce Churchill to? How does this help him?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)