|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many European soldiers are mobilized in the first week of WWI?
(a) 14 million
(b) 6 million
(d) 22 million
2. What happens to Winston as he is traveling with a British truck in South Africa?
(a) He helps deliver a baby
(b) He is taken prisoner
(c) He sees a plane crash
(d) He is shot
3. What city does Winston come to see has strategic value that he vows to keep from the Germans?
4. Winston hires a boy to fill what position?
(c) Dressing Boy
5. Who opens Parliament on February 14?
(a) Queen Elizabeth
(b) Queen Victoria
(c) King Edward VII
(d) Winston Churchill
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Winston marry?
2. Which country joins with the Allies for the attack on Constantinople?
3. Who speaks before Winston?
4. Who refuses to serve with Winston?
5. The Tory Party draws much of its support from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many women does Winston propose to? Who does he end up marrying? Why do some people think Winston did not feel comfortable with women?
2. What is the British Army like during the time that Winston serves?
3. What does Churchill do once he is out of the government?
4. How does Winston feel about going to India? What does he do about this?
5. What does Winston work on in India? Where does he want to go?
6. How is Winston's name cleared over the Dardanelles?
7. What is the political situation in Europe before WWI? Who is England backing?
8. What is the relationship between India and England?
9. What issues does Winston support? What changes in the government affect the common person?
10. What does Asquith tell Churchill that results in depression for Churchill? Why does this happen?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)