|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Winston called by fellow soldiers and others?
(a) Publicity hound
(d) Scaredy cat
2. Why was it thought that the upper class made better officers and leaders in the Army?
(a) They are natural leaders
(b) They have a stake in the country
(c) They are smarter than the lower classes
(d) They have more money for uniforms and horses
3. Winston wants to use the money from his book for what?
(a) Getting married
(b) A campaign to Parliament
(c) Buying a house
(d) A horse
4. Goonie introduces Winston to what?
5. Winston wants ___________ to return to active duty.
(a) Sir Portman
(b) Lord Chesterfield
(c) Sir Abbey
(d) Lord Fisher
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women does Winston propose to before marrying?
2. What does Winston's family worry about him that is similar to what Randolph experienced?
3. What position does Asquith offer Winston?
4. Who is blamed for the lack of munitions by the troops in France?
5. Which country joins with the Allies for the attack on Constantinople?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the political situation in Europe before WWI? Who is England backing?
2. Where do the French and German armies meet? What led to this meeting? What was the outcome?
3. What does Goonie introduce Churchill to? How does this help him?
4. What is the British Army like during the time that Winston serves?
5. What is the relationship between India and England?
6. What does Winston do after reaching Bombay and Bombare? What does he think of Bombay?
7. What does Churchill do once he is out of the government?
8. What does Winston do with his leisure time? What does he enjoy doing?
9. How many women does Winston propose to? Who does he end up marrying? Why do some people think Winston did not feel comfortable with women?
10. Why does Winston believe that Antwerp must be held? What does he do to try to prevent the Germans from taking the city? What is the outcome?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)