|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Winston marry?
(a) Dora Thompson
(b) Sarah Jane Blair
(c) Clementine Hozier
(d) Victoria Owens
2. Where is Winston's apartment?
3. How does Winston feel about the office Asquith offers and being cut off from the war?
4. Winston supports home rule in which country?
(d) United States
5. Who does the Royal Commission blame for the Dardanelles?
(b) Asquith and Kitchener
(c) Fisher and Churchill
(d) Foster and Kemel
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Winston familiar with the terminology and protocol of Parliament?
2. Winston wants to use the money from his book for what?
3. How many women does Winston propose to before marrying?
4. What is Winston pelted with at a rally in Ulster?
5. After his return to England, Winston and his Fourth Hussars prepare to go where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Winston's name cleared over the Dardanelles?
2. What are the German attacks on the British like? Where to they take place in the early days of the war? What is the British response?
3. Why does Churchill receive public criticism during the war? Why is the criticism often unfair to Churchill?
4. What does Asquith tell Churchill that results in depression for Churchill? Why does this happen?
5. What does Goonie introduce Churchill to? How does this help him?
6. Where do the French and German armies meet? What led to this meeting? What was the outcome?
7. How does Winston feel about going to India? What does he do about this?
8. What is the relationship between India and England?
9. How is Winston like his father? What does he do in Parliament that is similar to his father?
10. Why does Winston believe that Antwerp must be held? What does he do to try to prevent the Germans from taking the city? What is the outcome?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)