|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is blamed for the lack of munitions by the troops in France?
2. How many cavalry units did the British army have?
3. Where is Winston's apartment?
4. After his return to England, Winston and his Fourth Hussars prepare to go where?
5. What do Winston and Clementine name their daughter born in 1918?
Short Answer Questions
1. Winston wants to go where to cover a war?
2. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
3. What does Winston do to prepare for his speech in Parliament?
4. Jennie arrives in South Africa with what?
5. Why do many feel that Winston was not comfortable around women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the British Army like during the time that Winston serves?
2. Why does Churchill receive public criticism during the war? Why is the criticism often unfair to Churchill?
3. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
4. What does Winston work on in India? Where does he want to go?
5. How many women does Winston propose to? Who does he end up marrying? Why do some people think Winston did not feel comfortable with women?
6. What is the political situation in Europe before WWI? Who is England backing?
7. Why does Winston believe that Antwerp must be held? What does he do to try to prevent the Germans from taking the city? What is the outcome?
8. What does Goonie introduce Churchill to? How does this help him?
9. What is the relationship between India and England?
10. What issues does Winston support? What changes in the government affect the common person?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)