|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
2. Where is Winston's apartment?
3. Who warns Winston that his traveling is not going over well with the cabinet?
(b) The Queen
(c) Prince of Wales
4. How much money does Jennie send to Winston for the journey?
(a) 6 pounds
(b) 22 pounds
(c) 90 pounds
(d) 30 pounds
5. How many cavalry units did the British army have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winston ask Asquith permission for?
2. Winston goes where to supervise the landing of the British infantry?
3. What is Winston's novel called?
4. How many European soldiers are mobilized in the first week of WWI?
5. What happens to Winston as he is traveling with a British truck in South Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Winston's name cleared over the Dardanelles?
2. What is the political situation in Europe before WWI? Who is England backing?
3. What position does Campbell-Bannerman offer Winston? What does he do in this position?
4. Where do the French and German armies meet? What led to this meeting? What was the outcome?
5. What issues does Winston support? What changes in the government affect the common person?
6. How does Winston fill his leisure time in India?
7. Why does Winston believe that Antwerp must be held? What does he do to try to prevent the Germans from taking the city? What is the outcome?
8. How many women does Winston propose to? Who does he end up marrying? Why do some people think Winston did not feel comfortable with women?
9. After King Edward dies suddenly, what position does Winston gain? What does he do in this position?
10. What does Winston do with his leisure time? What does he enjoy doing?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)