|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings the family back to London?
(a) Randolph enters a business deal
(b) Winston's schooling
(c) Randolph is elected to Parliament
(d) The Churchill estate burns
2. What do many Britons suffer from in the possessions?
(a) Health problems
(c) Financial difficulties
3. Winston's mother's family fought in what war?
(b) Prussian War
(d) Revolutionary War
4. What does Churchill blame his weaknesses on?
(a) The lack of a university education
(c) His father's death
5. What school is Winston enrolled in?
(a) St. George's School
(b) Kent School
(c) St. Michael's School
(d) Oxford School
Short Answer Questions
1. How many books does Churchill publish?
2. What career did Churchill have?
3. Women in the late 1800s in London have a hard time obtaining what?
4. Where are the headquarters for the Prime Minister located?
5. Winston's father is the seventh Duke of _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What complications surround the wedding of Randolph and Jennie?
2. What problems does Winston's birth present? How are they handled?
3. How does Churchill feel about the past? What are some examples of this?
4. How was someone accepted for posts in the foreign service in the British Empire?
5. How does Randolph's political career end?
6. What was England's place in the world during the 1900s?
7. Why does Churchill consider himself an underdog? How does this affect him?
8. How large is the British Empire in the late 1800s? Give some examples of places that are included in the Empire at this time. Where does the Empire begin?
9. What are the stages of Churchill's public life?
10. What is the relationship like between Winston and his parents? Who cares for Winston?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)