|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Winston studies for exams at which military school?
2. The Nazi threat spread to where?
(a) The Middle East
(d) The United States
3. Who hears the news of the German breakthrough on the radio?
(a) Abigail Churchill
(b) Elizabeth Churchill
(c) Sarah Churchill
(d) Mary Churchill
4. What does Winston want while he is at school?
(a) To excel in reading
(b) To get a girlfriend
(c) For his parents to visit
(d) For the others to accept him
5. What is the headquarters of the Prime Minister known as?
(a) The Tunnels
(b) Central Rooms
Short Answer Questions
1. In WWI, Churchill believes that the continental armies cannot overcome what?
2. Who is Churchill friendly with that he later will not be?
3. Winston contracts bronchial pneumonia at what age?
4. Winston's mother is named which of the following?
5. What was the banking center of the world in the late 1800s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Winston's experiences like at the school in Brighton? What changes occur from the school in Ascot?
2. How does Churchill feel about the past? What are some examples of this?
3. What is the situation at Dunkirk as the book opens?
4. How do Churchill's feelings and actions about Hitler and Mussolini change?
5. What was England's place in the world during the 1900s?
6. What is Winston's experience like at St. George's School near Ascot? Why does Winston stop attending?
7. What are the stages of Churchill's public life?
8. Why is Churchill driven out of office the first time?
9. What is the British Navy like during the late 1800s? How many warships does it have?
10. Where are the Prime Minister's headquarters located? What is it called? How does Churchill feel about living there?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)