|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winston's brother named?
2. The British gave the impression of being which of the following to other groups?
3. What does Churchill often do during the raids?
(b) Runs out to look at the damages
(c) Paints landscapes
(d) Watches the television for news
4. How many stages does Churchill's public life have?
5. Randolph's mother borrows baby supplies from whom?
(a) Her cousin Elizabeth
(b) Randolph's brother
(c) The town's doctor
(d) The town's solicitor
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the family's country home?
2. Churchill has a strong preference for what?
3. Churchill is driven out of office over his plans for what?
4. Jennie believes that Randolph will become what?
5. What is the headquarters of the Prime Minister known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the stages of Churchill's public life?
2. How does Randolph's political career end?
3. What was England's place in the world during the 1900s?
4. Why does the family move to Dublin? Why do they move back to London?
5. What is Churchill's financial status like during this life?
6. What are Winston's experiences like at the school in Brighton? What changes occur from the school in Ascot?
7. What problems does Winston's birth present? How are they handled?
8. What is Churchill's lineage?
9. How large is the British Empire in the late 1800s? Give some examples of places that are included in the Empire at this time. Where does the Empire begin?
10. What is the situation at Dunkirk as the book opens?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)