|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Britain think it would never lose?
(a) The Empire
(b) Spanish-American War
(d) The American Revolution
2. Who hears the news of the German breakthrough on the radio?
(a) Abigail Churchill
(b) Sarah Churchill
(c) Mary Churchill
(d) Elizabeth Churchill
3. Who is against a negotiated settlement?
4. What school is Winston enrolled in?
(a) St. Michael's School
(b) St. George's School
(c) Oxford School
(d) Kent School
5. What modern technology does Churchill not like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the largest metropolitan area in the late 1800s?
2. Life at which of the following foreign posts is considered not too bad?
3. What do many Britons suffer from in the possessions?
4. Randolph's mother borrows baby supplies from whom?
5. England is the birthplace of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Churchill feel about the past? What are some examples of this?
2. How do Churchill's feelings and actions about Hitler and Mussolini change?
3. What are the stages of Churchill's public life?
4. How does Randolph's political career end?
5. How did people around the British Empire keep in touch and gain news during the 1900s?
6. How is the decision made for Churchill to assume control? Why is he chosen? Who chooses him?
7. What is Winston's experience like at St. George's School near Ascot? Why does Winston stop attending?
8. What problems does Winston's birth present? How are they handled?
9. What is the situation at Dunkirk as the book opens?
10. How do the people in other countries and possessions feel about the British? Why?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)