|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Winston enrolled at a school in Brighton?
(a) The school has a better math program
(b) The school in Brighton is less expensive
(c) It is closer to home
(d) He was beaten at St. George's
2. The Parliament season ends with what?
(c) Goodwood race
(d) Queen's all in mid-spring
3. Where are the headquarters for the Prime Minister located?
(a) A bunker
(b) A military base
(c) A palace
(d) The Parliament building
4. What does Churchill lose more of than any other British politician?
(c) Court cases
5. Winston's father is the seventh Duke of _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Randolph's family is good friends with whom?
2. Winston Churchill is born in what year?
3. How old is Winston's mother when she meets his father?
4. Winston contracts bronchial pneumonia at what age?
5. CWR stands for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Winston's experiences like at the school in Brighton? What changes occur from the school in Ascot?
2. What are the stages of Churchill's public life?
3. What is Churchill's lineage?
4. How does Churchill feel about the past? What are some examples of this?
5. What problems does Winston's birth present? How are they handled?
6. What is the situation at Dunkirk as the book opens?
7. How does Randolph's political career end?
8. What is Churchill's financial status like during this life?
9. Why does the family move to Dublin? Why do they move back to London?
10. How large is the British Empire in the late 1800s? Give some examples of places that are included in the Empire at this time. Where does the Empire begin?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)