|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What career did Churchill have?
(d) Newspaper reporter
2. Who does not attend the wedding of Winston's mother and father?
(a) The local clergy
(b) His father's parents
(c) His mother's parents
(d) Winston's great-grandfather
3. Churchill likes to read books from what authors?
4. What does Winston want while he is at school?
(a) For his parents to visit
(b) To excel in reading
(c) For the others to accept him
(d) To get a girlfriend
5. The Parliament season ends with what?
(b) Queen's all in mid-spring
(d) Goodwood race
Short Answer Questions
1. Daughters who do not marry in the late 1800s become almost what?
2. How many stages does Churchill's public life have?
3. Winston's mother's family fought in what war?
4. The British Empire covers how much of the world in the 1800s?
5. What modern technology does Churchill not like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was someone accepted for posts in the foreign service in the British Empire?
2. Where are the Prime Minister's headquarters located? What is it called? How does Churchill feel about living there?
3. What are the stages of Churchill's public life?
4. What are Winston's experiences like at the school in Brighton? What changes occur from the school in Ascot?
5. Why does the family move to Dublin? Why do they move back to London?
6. What is Churchill's financial status like during this life?
7. What is life in London like for women in the 1900s? Describe some of the things that women face.
8. How did people around the British Empire keep in touch and gain news during the 1900s?
9. What is Churchill's lineage?
10. How large is the British Empire in the late 1800s? Give some examples of places that are included in the Empire at this time. Where does the Empire begin?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)