|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does Winston have trouble with?
2. What do many Britons suffer from in the possessions?
(a) Financial difficulties
(c) Health problems
3. How does Churchill feel about the Cabinet War Rooms?
(a) He was not in them until 1956.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He likes it there.
(d) He hates them.
4. Where are the headquarters for the Prime Minister located?
(a) The Parliament building
(b) A bunker
(c) A palace
(d) A military base
5. What percentage of the world's merchant ships fly the British flag?
Short Answer Questions
1. Churchill believes that he controls what?
2. The British Empire covers how much of the world in the 1800s?
3. What brings the family back to London?
4. How old was Randolf when he resigned his position?
5. What did Britain think it would never lose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was England's place in the world during the 1900s?
2. What is the situation at Dunkirk as the book opens?
3. What is Churchill's financial status like during this life?
4. How does Churchill feel about the past? What are some examples of this?
5. What are the stages of Churchill's public life?
6. Why is Churchill driven out of office the first time?
7. How do the people in other countries and possessions feel about the British? Why?
8. What is Winston's birth like?
9. How did people around the British Empire keep in touch and gain news during the 1900s?
10. What is the relationship like between Winston and his parents? Who cares for Winston?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)