|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings the family back to London?
(a) Randolph is elected to Parliament
(b) Randolph enters a business deal
(c) Winston's schooling
(d) The Churchill estate burns
2. Randolph goes where for three months?
(a) Cape Town
(c) New York
3. After the U.S. gains independence, what is the Empire's greatest possession?
(a) South Africa
(c) Indian Empire
4. What is Randolph appointed?
(a) Ambassador to Brazil
(b) Duke of Kent
(c) Chancellor of the Exchequer
(d) Prime Minister
5. Churchill likes movies about what topic?
(c) British Navy
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Winston's father?
2. What did Britain think it would never lose?
3. The Nazi threat spread to where?
4. Winston's mother is named which of the following?
5. The British Empire covers how much of the world in the 1800s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Winston's experiences like at the school in Brighton? What changes occur from the school in Ascot?
2. What is the relationship like between Winston and his parents? Who cares for Winston?
3. What military school does Winston attend? What are his experiences there like?
4. How do Churchill's feelings and actions about Hitler and Mussolini change?
5. Where are the Prime Minister's headquarters located? What is it called? How does Churchill feel about living there?
6. How is the decision made for Churchill to assume control? Why is he chosen? Who chooses him?
7. What is the British Navy like during the late 1800s? How many warships does it have?
8. Why does the family move to Dublin? Why do they move back to London?
9. What is life in London like for women in the 1900s? Describe some of the things that women face.
10. How does Randolph's political career end?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)