|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to secure their Indian Empire, the British have to control the southern part of what?
(d) South America
2. Daughters who do not marry in the late 1800s become almost what?
(c) Social outcasts
(d) Unpaid servants
3. Winston's father is the seventh Duke of _______________.
4. After the U.S. gains independence, what is the Empire's greatest possession?
(c) Indian Empire
(d) South Africa
5. Where is the family's country home?
(a) The French wine region
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings the family back to London?
2. How many stages does Churchill's public life have?
3. The British gave the impression of being which of the following to other groups?
4. Who is against a negotiated settlement?
5. What does Churchill often do during the raids?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the people in other countries and possessions feel about the British? Why?
2. What is Jennie and Randolph's relationship like? How do they spend their time?
3. Where are the Prime Minister's headquarters located? What is it called? How does Churchill feel about living there?
4. How do Churchill's feelings and actions about Hitler and Mussolini change?
5. What are Winston's experiences like at the school in Brighton? What changes occur from the school in Ascot?
6. What problems does Winston's birth present? How are they handled?
7. What is life in London like for women in the 1900s? Describe some of the things that women face.
8. What is Winston's experience like at St. George's School near Ascot? Why does Winston stop attending?
9. What is the British Navy like during the late 1800s? How many warships does it have?
10. What military school does Winston attend? What are his experiences there like?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)