|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Churchill tell his country to prepare for?
(a) A long war
(b) Food rationing
(d) Nuclear warfare
2. What school is Winston enrolled in?
(a) Kent School
(b) St. George's School
(c) Oxford School
(d) St. Michael's School
3. What is the largest metropolitan area in the late 1800s?
(a) New York
4. Churchill has a strong preference for what?
(d) The past
5. Who is Churchill friendly with that he later will not be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does Winston have trouble with?
2. After the U.S. gains independence, what is the Empire's greatest possession?
3. Churchill believes that he controls what?
4. The British gave the impression of being which of the following to other groups?
5. The British Empire covers how much of the world in the 1800s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Churchill driven out of office the first time?
2. What are Winston's experiences like at the school in Brighton? What changes occur from the school in Ascot?
3. What is the British Navy like during the late 1800s? How many warships does it have?
4. What is Winston's experience like at St. George's School near Ascot? Why does Winston stop attending?
5. Why does the family move to Dublin? Why do they move back to London?
6. What does Churchill tell his country about the fight?
7. What is Jennie and Randolph's relationship like? How do they spend their time?
8. What is life in London like for women in the 1900s? Describe some of the things that women face.
9. Where are the Prime Minister's headquarters located? What is it called? How does Churchill feel about living there?
10. What is Churchill's financial status like during this life?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)