|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of miners was British?
(a) One tenth
(d) Nine tenths
2. Attacks on the British occur in which of the following possessions?
3. Who does not attend the wedding of Winston's mother and father?
(a) His father's parents
(b) His mother's parents
(c) Winston's great-grandfather
(d) The local clergy
4. What is the largest metropolitan area in the late 1800s?
(d) New York
5. What was the banking center of the world in the late 1800s?
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winston want while he is at school?
2. Churchill likes to read books from what authors?
3. CWR stands for what?
4. What modern technology does Churchill not like?
5. In WWI, Churchill believes that the continental armies cannot overcome what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Winston's experience like at St. George's School near Ascot? Why does Winston stop attending?
2. What is Churchill's lineage?
3. What is Churchill's financial status like during this life?
4. How was someone accepted for posts in the foreign service in the British Empire?
5. What is Jennie and Randolph's relationship like? How do they spend their time?
6. What military school does Winston attend? What are his experiences there like?
7. How does Randolph's political career end?
8. How did people around the British Empire keep in touch and gain news during the 1900s?
9. How does Churchill feel about the past? What are some examples of this?
10. What is the relationship like between Winston and his parents? Who cares for Winston?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)