|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Churchill friendly with that he later will not be?
2. What percentage of miners was British?
(a) Nine tenths
(d) One tenth
3. Canada is acquired by whom?
(a) Grand River Company
(b) Hudson Bay Company
(c) California Gold Company
(d) East India Company
4. After the U.S. gains independence, what is the Empire's greatest possession?
(c) Indian Empire
(d) South Africa
5. The Nazi threat spread to where?
(a) The United States
(b) The Middle East
Short Answer Questions
1. Churchill likes to read books from what authors?
2. How many stages does Churchill's public life have?
3. Churchill has a strong preference for what?
4. Winston graduates in what position out of the class of 130?
5. Attacks on the British occur in which of the following possessions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Winston do with the money he is left by a cousin? How does the family feel about this?
2. How is the decision made for Churchill to assume control? Why is he chosen? Who chooses him?
3. What are the stages of Churchill's public life?
4. What are the German attacks on the British like? Where to they take place in the early days of the war? What is the British response?
5. What position does Campbell-Bannerman offer Winston? What does he do in this position?
6. What does Winston do as Chancellor of the Exchequer? Does he like the position?
7. What attitude does Winston have toward money? How does it compare to his mother's attitude on finances?
8. How does Churchill feel about the past? What are some examples of this?
9. What does Winston prepare for during his first time in Parliament? How does he do this? Is he successful?
10. What is the situation in Ireland that Winston faces? How does he handle this?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)