|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winston develop at Harrow?
(a) A goal to become Prime Minister
(b) A crush on the headmistress
(c) A gambling problem
(d) A stammer
2. What did Britain think it would never lose?
(a) The Empire
(c) The American Revolution
(d) Spanish-American War
3. What subject does Winston have trouble with?
4. What helps save the British troops?
(a) A U-boat
(b) A volunteer flotilla
(c) An atomic bomb
(d) American troops
5. In order to secure their Indian Empire, the British have to control the southern part of what?
(c) South America
Short Answer Questions
1. Churchill likes to read books from what authors?
2. The book begins with the British Army retreating to which town?
3. Winston contracts bronchial pneumonia at what age?
4. How many books does Churchill publish?
5. What school is Winston enrolled in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Churchill feel about the past? What are some examples of this?
2. What is Jennie and Randolph's relationship like? How do they spend their time?
3. Why is Churchill driven out of office the first time?
4. Why does Churchill consider himself an underdog? How does this affect him?
5. How do Churchill's feelings and actions about Hitler and Mussolini change?
6. How was someone accepted for posts in the foreign service in the British Empire?
7. What are Winston's experiences like at the school in Brighton? What changes occur from the school in Ascot?
8. Why does the family move to Dublin? Why do they move back to London?
9. How do the people in other countries and possessions feel about the British? Why?
10. What is the relationship like between Winston and his parents? Who cares for Winston?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)