|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Randolph appointed?
(a) Duke of Kent
(b) Chancellor of the Exchequer
(c) Prime Minister
(d) Ambassador to Brazil
2. CWR stands for what?
(a) Cabinet War Rooms
(b) Calculated Winter Raid
(c) Churchill's Waiting Response
(d) Churchill Went Right
3. Daughters who do not marry in the late 1800s become almost what?
(b) Unpaid servants
(d) Social outcasts
4. What modern technology does Churchill not like?
5. Winston's mother's family fought in what war?
(a) Prussian War
(d) Revolutionary War
Short Answer Questions
1. In WWI, Churchill believes that the continental armies cannot overcome what?
2. What school is Winston enrolled in?
3. The British Empire covers how much of the world in the 1800s?
4. What did Britain think it would never lose?
5. The most successful years of Churchill's life happen after what event?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was England's place in the world during the 1900s?
2. Where are the Prime Minister's headquarters located? What is it called? How does Churchill feel about living there?
3. What complications surround the wedding of Randolph and Jennie?
4. Why does the family move to Dublin? Why do they move back to London?
5. How does Churchill feel about the past? What are some examples of this?
6. What is Jennie and Randolph's relationship like? How do they spend their time?
7. How is the decision made for Churchill to assume control? Why is he chosen? Who chooses him?
8. Why does Churchill consider himself an underdog? How does this affect him?
9. What is Churchill's lineage?
10. How do the people in other countries and possessions feel about the British? Why?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)