|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book begins with the British Army retreating to which town?
2. The British gave the impression of being which of the following to other groups?
3. Where is Churchill when Hitler invades Poland?
4. How many books does Churchill publish?
5. Who is against a negotiated settlement?
Short Answer Questions
1. Randolph's mother borrows baby supplies from whom?
2. What did Britain think it would never lose?
3. What is the headquarters of the Prime Minister known as?
4. Churchill believes that he controls what?
5. Where are the headquarters for the Prime Minister located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Winston's birth present? How are they handled?
2. How was someone accepted for posts in the foreign service in the British Empire?
3. What is Churchill's lineage?
4. What is Churchill's financial status like during this life?
5. How is the decision made for Churchill to assume control? Why is he chosen? Who chooses him?
6. What does Churchill tell his country about the fight?
7. Where are the Prime Minister's headquarters located? What is it called? How does Churchill feel about living there?
8. What military school does Winston attend? What are his experiences there like?
9. What was England's place in the world during the 1900s?
10. Why is Churchill driven out of office the first time?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)