|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings the family back to London?
(a) Randolph enters a business deal
(b) The Churchill estate burns
(c) Winston's schooling
(d) Randolph is elected to Parliament
2. How old is Winston when his brother is born?
3. England is under the rule of which royal person at the time of Churchill's birth?
(a) King Edward
(b) Queen Elizabeth
(c) King Henry
(d) Queen Victoria
4. What percentage of miners was British?
(a) Nine tenths
(c) One tenth
5. Winston's father is the seventh Duke of _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Winston Churchill is born in what year?
2. Churchill thinks of himself as what?
3. Winston contracts bronchial pneumonia at what age?
4. What does Churchill lose more of than any other British politician?
5. Where are the headquarters for the Prime Minister located?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Randolph's political career end?
2. How do Churchill's feelings and actions about Hitler and Mussolini change?
3. How was someone accepted for posts in the foreign service in the British Empire?
4. Why is Churchill driven out of office the first time?
5. What is the British Navy like during the late 1800s? How many warships does it have?
6. What is the situation at Dunkirk as the book opens?
7. What is Jennie and Randolph's relationship like? How do they spend their time?
8. What are Winston's experiences like at the school in Brighton? What changes occur from the school in Ascot?
9. What was England's place in the world during the 1900s?
10. Where are the Prime Minister's headquarters located? What is it called? How does Churchill feel about living there?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)