|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Churchill believes that he controls what?
(a) The stock market
(b) His emotions
(c) The German army
(d) His own fate
2. Who is against a negotiated settlement?
3. Randolph decides to do what as a career?
4. What subject does Winston have trouble with?
5. What does Churchill tell his country to prepare for?
(b) Nuclear warfare
(c) Food rationing
(d) A long war
Short Answer Questions
1. Winston's father is the seventh Duke of _______________.
2. The British Empire begins with their discovery of what?
3. What helps save the British troops?
4. Churchill has a strong preference for what?
5. Serving at certain posts in the possessions is often based on what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the decision made for Churchill to assume control? Why is he chosen? Who chooses him?
2. How was someone accepted for posts in the foreign service in the British Empire?
3. What military school does Winston attend? What are his experiences there like?
4. What is the British Navy like during the late 1800s? How many warships does it have?
5. How did people around the British Empire keep in touch and gain news during the 1900s?
6. What is Winston's birth like?
7. How large is the British Empire in the late 1800s? Give some examples of places that are included in the Empire at this time. Where does the Empire begin?
8. What is Winston's experience like at St. George's School near Ascot? Why does Winston stop attending?
9. What is Jennie and Randolph's relationship like? How do they spend their time?
10. What is Churchill's lineage?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)