|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Churchill lose more of than any other British politician?
(b) Court cases
2. How many stages does Churchill's public life have?
3. Winston studies for exams at which military school?
4. What school is Winston enrolled in?
(a) Kent School
(b) Oxford School
(c) St. Michael's School
(d) St. George's School
5. Winston graduates in what position out of the class of 130?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the U.S. gains independence, what is the Empire's greatest possession?
2. What does Churchill tell his country to prepare for?
3. Who is against a negotiated settlement?
4. The Nazi threat spread to where?
5. Churchill is driven out of office over his plans for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Churchill consider himself an underdog? How does this affect him?
2. What is Churchill's lineage?
3. Where are the Prime Minister's headquarters located? What is it called? How does Churchill feel about living there?
4. How does Randolph's political career end?
5. How large is the British Empire in the late 1800s? Give some examples of places that are included in the Empire at this time. Where does the Empire begin?
6. What military school does Winston attend? What are his experiences there like?
7. What is Winston's experience like at St. George's School near Ascot? Why does Winston stop attending?
8. Why is Churchill driven out of office the first time?
9. What is the situation at Dunkirk as the book opens?
10. What is the relationship like between Winston and his parents? Who cares for Winston?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)