|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. England is under the rule of which royal person at the time of Churchill's birth?
(a) King Henry
(b) Queen Elizabeth
(c) King Edward
(d) Queen Victoria
2. Randolph's family is good friends with whom?
(a) Lord Byron
(b) Prince of Wales
(c) Queen Elizabeth
(d) Adolf Hitler
3. Where are the headquarters for the Prime Minister located?
(a) The Parliament building
(b) A military base
(c) A bunker
(d) A palace
4. What does Churchill often do during the raids?
(a) Runs out to look at the damages
(c) Watches the television for news
(d) Paints landscapes
5. Daughters who do not marry in the late 1800s become almost what?
(a) Social outcasts
(d) Unpaid servants
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps save the British troops?
2. What is Randolph appointed?
3. How many stages does Churchill's public life have?
4. Winston Churchill is born in what year?
5. Where is Churchill when Hitler invades Poland?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the decision made for Churchill to assume control? Why is he chosen? Who chooses him?
2. How does Winston obtain extra money? What does he do in the time before leaving for India?
3. What position does Campbell-Bannerman offer Winston? What does he do in this position?
4. As Colonial Secretary, what problems and challenges does Winston face?
5. How does Winston feel about going to India? What does he do about this?
6. What does Winston do after reaching Bombay and Bombare? What does he think of Bombay?
7. Why does the family move to Dublin? Why do they move back to London?
8. Why is Churchill driven out of office the first time?
9. What is the relationship like between Winston and his parents? Who cares for Winston?
10. What does Winston do as Chancellor of the Exchequer? Does he like the position?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)