|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winston plan to speak on?
(c) The war
(d) The Navy
2. Why was it thought that the upper class made better officers and leaders in the Army?
(a) They are smarter than the lower classes
(b) They are natural leaders
(c) They have a stake in the country
(d) They have more money for uniforms and horses
3. Winston wants ___________ to return to active duty.
(a) Lord Fisher
(b) Sir Portman
(c) Lord Chesterfield
(d) Sir Abbey
4. Winston and Clementine name their first child what?
5. Where does Winston hide?
(a) A closet
(b) The forest
(c) A mine
(d) A hotel
6. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
7. How many European soldiers are mobilized in the first week of WWI?
(a) 6 million
(b) 14 million
(d) 22 million
8. Winston supports home rule in which country?
(b) United States
9. Why is Winston familiar with the terminology and protocol of Parliament?
(a) His father served in Parliament
(b) He has asked the Prince of Wales about it
(c) He observed the last session
(d) He has studied Parliament at Oxford
10. Why do many feel that Winston was not comfortable around women?
(a) His mother's affairs
(b) He was too tall
(c) He does not have a college degree
(d) His father wasn't around to offer advice
11. The problem in South Africa arises when what is found at Transvaal?
12. Who does Winston name as his private secretary?
(a) Ralph Standish
(b) Edward Marsh
(c) Christian Beck
(d) Thomas Thatcher
13. What is Winston recommended for, even though he can't receive it?
(a) Nobel Peace Prize
(b) Purple Heart
(d) Victoria Cross
14. What do the Germans do in violation of international law?
(a) Invade Greenland
(b) Close the English Channel
(c) Refuse to fight the British in Antwerp
(d) Barricade the Baltic Sea
15. Winston wants to go where to cover a war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to serve with Winston?
2. Who speaks before Winston?
3. What is Winston pelted with at a rally in Ulster?
4. Which side does Winston fight on in the battle?
5. Winston and Clementine move in with whom?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)