|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the upper class turn away from Winston?
(a) Clementine's affairs while Winston is away
(b) His support of the war with France
(c) Jennie's affair with a much younger man
(d) The People's Budget of 1909
2. Winston wants to go where to cover a war?
3. Who opens Parliament on February 14?
(a) King Edward VII
(b) Winston Churchill
(c) Queen Elizabeth
(d) Queen Victoria
4. Clementine and the children go where in late August?
(a) Royalty House
(b) Admiralty House
(c) New York
5. On April 23, Winston begins to attack what in Parliament?
(a) Policies toward Germany
(b) Income tax
(c) Divorce laws
(d) Army expenditures
6. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
7. What battle is Winston at during his trip?
(b) Bay of Montoun
(c) Lee Ho
(d) La Reforma
8. Jennie arrives in South Africa with what?
(a) A hospital ship
(b) A husband
(c) Guns for the troops
(d) A horse
9. What do the Germans do in violation of international law?
(a) Refuse to fight the British in Antwerp
(b) Invade Greenland
(c) Barricade the Baltic Sea
(d) Close the English Channel
10. Which side does Winston fight on in the battle?
(a) United States
11. Why was it thought that the upper class made better officers and leaders in the Army?
(a) They have a stake in the country
(b) They have more money for uniforms and horses
(c) They are smarter than the lower classes
(d) They are natural leaders
12. Winston goes where to supervise the landing of the British infantry?
13. Winston is hired by what newspaper to cover the fighting in India?
(a) London Times
(c) Daily Mail
(d) Daily Telegraph
14. What city does Winston come to see has strategic value that he vows to keep from the Germans?
15. What is Winston recommended for, even though he can't receive it?
(a) Nobel Peace Prize
(b) Victoria Cross
(c) Purple Heart
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cavalry units did the British army have?
2. Winston wants ___________ to return to active duty.
3. What was Winston called by fellow soldiers and others?
4. How many ponies does Winston own?
5. Which country does England enter into a treaty with?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)