|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After India, where is the next scene of action?
(d) South America
2. What does Winston ask Asquith permission for?
(a) To resign his post and retire
(b) To stay in Dunkirk until the battle at Antwerp is over
(c) To travel with the Navy to the Baltic Sea
(d) To resign the cabinet and lead the troops
3. How many women does Winston propose to before marrying?
4. Who does the Royal Commission blame for the Dardanelles?
(a) Foster and Kemel
(b) Asquith and Kitchener
(c) Fisher and Churchill
5. Winston wants to go where to cover a war?
6. Who is in power when Winston joins Parliament?
(b) Sinn Fein
(c) Green Party
7. Why is Winston familiar with the terminology and protocol of Parliament?
(a) He has asked the Prince of Wales about it
(b) He observed the last session
(c) His father served in Parliament
(d) He has studied Parliament at Oxford
8. What does Winston plan to speak on?
(a) The Navy
(b) The war
9. Who does Winston name as his private secretary?
(a) Ralph Standish
(b) Christian Beck
(c) Thomas Thatcher
(d) Edward Marsh
10. After his return to England, Winston and his Fourth Hussars prepare to go where?
11. Who is blamed for the lack of munitions by the troops in France?
12. How many ponies does Winston own?
13. Where is Winston sent in 1895?
14. Why was it thought that the upper class made better officers and leaders in the Army?
(a) They have a stake in the country
(b) They are natural leaders
(c) They are smarter than the lower classes
(d) They have more money for uniforms and horses
15. What is Winston recommended for, even though he can't receive it?
(a) Victoria Cross
(b) Purple Heart
(d) Nobel Peace Prize
Short Answer Questions
1. What battle is Winston at during his trip?
2. Who opens Parliament on February 14?
3. Winston and Clementine name their first child what?
4. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
5. The Turks threaten to blow up which city?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)