|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winston do to earn extra money?
(a) Leads safaris out of Cape Town
(b) Acts as a travel guide in Scotland
(c) Writes articles for the Daily Graphic
(d) Tutors the children of the Duke of Danube
2. Why was it thought that the upper class made better officers and leaders in the Army?
(a) They are natural leaders
(b) They have a stake in the country
(c) They have more money for uniforms and horses
(d) They are smarter than the lower classes
3. What do the Germans do in violation of international law?
(a) Invade Greenland
(b) Barricade the Baltic Sea
(c) Close the English Channel
(d) Refuse to fight the British in Antwerp
4. Where does Winston hide?
(a) A mine
(b) A hotel
(c) The forest
(d) A closet
5. Why do many feel that Winston was not comfortable around women?
(a) He was too tall
(b) He does not have a college degree
(c) His mother's affairs
(d) His father wasn't around to offer advice
6. Where is Winston sent in 1895?
7. The Tory Party draws much of its support from where?
(b) The Church of England
(c) The lower class
(d) Those in service in India
8. What battle is Winston at during his trip?
(a) La Reforma
(b) Lee Ho
(d) Bay of Montoun
9. What is Winston pelted with at a rally in Ulster?
(d) Dead fish
10. What was Winston called by fellow soldiers and others?
(a) Scaredy cat
(d) Publicity hound
11. How many cavalry units did the British army have?
12. Winston goes where to supervise the landing of the British infantry?
13. How does Winston feel about the office Asquith offers and being cut off from the war?
14. Jennie arrives in South Africa with what?
(a) A hospital ship
(b) Guns for the troops
(c) A horse
(d) A husband
15. What makes the upper class turn away from Winston?
(a) His support of the war with France
(b) Jennie's affair with a much younger man
(c) Clementine's affairs while Winston is away
(d) The People's Budget of 1909
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Winston delay the fall of Antwerp?
2. How many women does Winston propose to before marrying?
3. Clementine and the children go where in late August?
4. Who does Winston name as his private secretary?
5. Who does the Royal Commission blame for the Dardanelles?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)