|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winston do to earn extra money?
(a) Acts as a travel guide in Scotland
(b) Leads safaris out of Cape Town
(c) Writes articles for the Daily Graphic
(d) Tutors the children of the Duke of Danube
2. How does Winston feel about the office Asquith offers and being cut off from the war?
3. What does Winston ask Asquith permission for?
(a) To stay in Dunkirk until the battle at Antwerp is over
(b) To resign his post and retire
(c) To travel with the Navy to the Baltic Sea
(d) To resign the cabinet and lead the troops
4. Clementine and the children go where in late August?
(a) Admiralty House
(c) New York
(d) Royalty House
5. Winston supports home rule in which country?
(c) United States
6. What appears in 1905?
7. What position does Winston choose in the new government?
(a) Under secretary of state for the colonies
(b) Secretary of the interior
(c) Ambassador to India
(d) Prime Minister
8. What does Winston do to prepare for his speech in Parliament?
(a) Practices in front of a mirror
(b) Has a practice run in the Parliament building
(c) Hires a speech coach
(d) He doesn't prepare
9. What was Winston called by fellow soldiers and others?
(a) Scaredy cat
(d) Publicity hound
10. Goonie introduces Winston to what?
11. Winston and Clementine move in with whom?
(b) Clementine's aunt
(c) Winston's brother
(d) Jennie's sister
12. What do the Germans do in violation of international law?
(a) Invade Greenland
(b) Close the English Channel
(c) Barricade the Baltic Sea
(d) Refuse to fight the British in Antwerp
13. Winston and Clementine name their first child what?
14. How many ponies does Winston own?
15. What does Winston plan to speak on?
(b) The war
(c) The Navy
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Winston as he is traveling with a British truck in South Africa?
2. Who opens Parliament on February 14?
3. How many women does Winston propose to before marrying?
4. What is Winston pelted with at a rally in Ulster?
5. What position does Asquith offer Winston?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)