|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which side does Winston fight on in the battle?
(a) United States
2. How long did Winston delay the fall of Antwerp?
(a) Nine months
(b) One week
(c) Three days
(d) Four months
3. What does Winston do to earn extra money?
(a) Writes articles for the Daily Graphic
(b) Tutors the children of the Duke of Danube
(c) Acts as a travel guide in Scotland
(d) Leads safaris out of Cape Town
4. Why do many feel that Winston was not comfortable around women?
(a) His father wasn't around to offer advice
(b) He was too tall
(c) His mother's affairs
(d) He does not have a college degree
5. Winston wants ___________ to return to active duty.
(a) Sir Abbey
(b) Sir Portman
(c) Lord Chesterfield
(d) Lord Fisher
6. What position does Asquith offer Winston?
(a) Speaker of Parliament
(b) Minister of Defense
(c) Secretary of State
(d) President of the Board of Trade
7. What was Winston called by fellow soldiers and others?
(a) Scaredy cat
(b) Publicity hound
8. After his return to England, Winston and his Fourth Hussars prepare to go where?
9. Why was it thought that the upper class made better officers and leaders in the Army?
(a) They are smarter than the lower classes
(b) They have more money for uniforms and horses
(c) They have a stake in the country
(d) They are natural leaders
10. The Belgian king retreats to which city as the Germans push into Belgium?
11. The Tory Party draws much of its support from where?
(a) The lower class
(b) The Church of England
(d) Those in service in India
12. How many women does Winston propose to before marrying?
13. Winston spends time with what friend of Jennie's?
(a) Bailey Kronvall
(b) John Earle
(c) Bourke Cockran
(d) David Gentry
14. What do Winston and Clementine name their daughter born in 1918?
15. Winston and Clementine name their first child what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Winston hide?
2. What is Winston recommended for, even though he can't receive it?
3. Who does Winston name as his private secretary?
4. Who speaks before Winston?
5. How long does the voyage to Bombay take?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)