|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks before Winston?
(a) Lloyd George
(b) David Blair
(c) Gresham St. John
(d) Phillip Calder
2. Which side does Winston fight on in the battle?
(a) United States
3. The problem in South Africa arises when what is found at Transvaal?
4. Which country joins with the Allies for the attack on Constantinople?
5. Who does the Royal Commission blame for the Dardanelles?
(a) Asquith and Kitchener
(b) Fisher and Churchill
(d) Foster and Kemel
6. What do the Germans do in violation of international law?
(a) Barricade the Baltic Sea
(b) Invade Greenland
(c) Close the English Channel
(d) Refuse to fight the British in Antwerp
7. Who refuses to serve with Winston?
(d) Winston's brother, Jack
8. After India, where is the next scene of action?
(c) South America
9. Winston goes where to supervise the landing of the British infantry?
10. What is Winston pelted with at a rally in Ulster?
(c) Dead fish
11. Where is Winston's apartment?
12. Why do many feel that Winston was not comfortable around women?
(a) He does not have a college degree
(b) He was too tall
(c) His mother's affairs
(d) His father wasn't around to offer advice
13. How many women does Winston propose to before marrying?
14. Why is Winston familiar with the terminology and protocol of Parliament?
(a) He has studied Parliament at Oxford
(b) His father served in Parliament
(c) He observed the last session
(d) He has asked the Prince of Wales about it
15. Which country does England enter into a treaty with?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Turks threaten to blow up which city?
2. What does Winston's family worry about him that is similar to what Randolph experienced?
3. What was Winston called by fellow soldiers and others?
4. What does Winston learn when he arrives in Dover?
5. Winston spends time with what friend of Jennie's?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)