|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cavalry units did the British army have?
2. The Turks threaten to blow up which city?
3. Who opens Parliament on February 14?
(a) Winston Churchill
(b) King Edward VII
(c) Queen Elizabeth
(d) Queen Victoria
4. Which actress does Winston propose to first?
(a) Jenna Moyer
(b) Abigail Grant
(c) Emma Carlton
(d) Ethel Barrymore
5. Winston wants to go where to cover a war?
6. What position does Asquith offer Winston?
(a) Minister of Defense
(b) President of the Board of Trade
(c) Secretary of State
(d) Speaker of Parliament
7. Winston spends time with what friend of Jennie's?
(a) David Gentry
(b) Bailey Kronvall
(c) Bourke Cockran
(d) John Earle
8. What does Winston plan to speak on?
(a) The war
(d) The Navy
9. Which side does Winston fight on in the battle?
(c) United States
10. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
11. How long does the voyage to Bombay take?
(a) 16 days
(b) 18 hours
(c) 23 days
(d) 3 days
12. The Tory Party draws much of its support from where?
(b) The lower class
(c) Those in service in India
(d) The Church of England
13. How many ponies does Winston own?
14. Why is Winston familiar with the terminology and protocol of Parliament?
(a) He observed the last session
(b) He has asked the Prince of Wales about it
(c) He has studied Parliament at Oxford
(d) His father served in Parliament
15. What does Winston do to prepare for his speech in Parliament?
(a) Practices in front of a mirror
(b) Has a practice run in the Parliament building
(c) Hires a speech coach
(d) He doesn't prepare
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Winston and Clementine name their daughter born in 1918?
2. Who does Winston name as his private secretary?
3. Who does the Royal Commission blame for the Dardanelles?
4. What makes the upper class turn away from Winston?
5. Winston hires a boy to fill what position?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)