|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Asquith offer Winston?
(a) Secretary of State
(b) Minister of Defense
(c) President of the Board of Trade
(d) Speaker of Parliament
2. Which actress does Winston propose to first?
(a) Jenna Moyer
(b) Abigail Grant
(c) Ethel Barrymore
(d) Emma Carlton
3. What makes the upper class turn away from Winston?
(a) The People's Budget of 1909
(b) Clementine's affairs while Winston is away
(c) His support of the war with France
(d) Jennie's affair with a much younger man
4. Where is Winston sent in 1895?
5. Who speaks before Winston?
(a) Phillip Calder
(b) David Blair
(c) Lloyd George
(d) Gresham St. John
6. Winston hires a boy to fill what position?
(d) Dressing Boy
7. Who is blamed for the lack of munitions by the troops in France?
8. By the end of 1914, the casualties for England and France are how many men?
(a) Fifty thousand
(b) Three hundred thousand
(c) One million
(d) Seven hundred thousand
9. Where does Winston hide?
(a) A closet
(b) A hotel
(c) A mine
(d) The forest
10. Jennie arrives in South Africa with what?
(a) A hospital ship
(b) A horse
(c) Guns for the troops
(d) A husband
11. Where is Winston's apartment?
12. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
13. Winston and Clementine name their first child what?
14. What battle is Winston at during his trip?
(b) Bay of Montoun
(c) Lee Ho
(d) La Reforma
15. What was Winston called by fellow soldiers and others?
(a) Scaredy cat
(d) Publicity hound
Short Answer Questions
1. Winston and Clementine move in with whom?
2. What do Winston and Clementine name their daughter born in 1918?
3. After India, where is the next scene of action?
4. What happens to Winston as he is traveling with a British truck in South Africa?
5. Who opens Parliament on February 14?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)