|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Winston and Clementine name their daughter born in 1918?
2. What becomes Winston's base for his campaign?
(a) His mother's country estate
(b) The Manchester Midland Hotel
(c) The Kent Allistor Ballroom
(d) His apartment
3. Why is Winston familiar with the terminology and protocol of Parliament?
(a) He has studied Parliament at Oxford
(b) He observed the last session
(c) His father served in Parliament
(d) He has asked the Prince of Wales about it
4. What appears in 1905?
5. What happens to Winston as he is traveling with a British truck in South Africa?
(a) He sees a plane crash
(b) He helps deliver a baby
(c) He is taken prisoner
(d) He is shot
6. Winston hires a boy to fill what position?
(b) Dressing Boy
7. What is Winston recommended for, even though he can't receive it?
(a) Purple Heart
(b) Victoria Cross
(c) Nobel Peace Prize
8. What does Winston's family worry about him that is similar to what Randolph experienced?
(c) Memory lapses
9. What battle is Winston at during his trip?
(a) Bay of Montoun
(b) Lee Ho
(d) La Reforma
10. Where does Winston hide?
(a) A hotel
(b) The forest
(c) A mine
(d) A closet
11. How many European soldiers are mobilized in the first week of WWI?
(a) 14 million
(b) 6 million
(d) 22 million
12. Who does the Royal Commission blame for the Dardanelles?
(a) Foster and Kemel
(b) Fisher and Churchill
(d) Asquith and Kitchener
13. The Belgian king retreats to which city as the Germans push into Belgium?
14. How long does the voyage to Bombay take?
(a) 3 days
(b) 18 hours
(c) 16 days
(d) 23 days
15. On April 23, Winston begins to attack what in Parliament?
(a) Army expenditures
(b) Income tax
(c) Divorce laws
(d) Policies toward Germany
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opens Parliament on February 14?
2. Winston spends time with what friend of Jennie's?
3. Winston and Clementine move in with whom?
4. Who does Winston marry?
5. Which country joins with the Allies for the attack on Constantinople?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)