|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Winston spends time with what friend of Jennie's?
(a) Bailey Kronvall
(b) David Gentry
(c) John Earle
(d) Bourke Cockran
2. Who does Winston marry?
(a) Dora Thompson
(b) Sarah Jane Blair
(c) Clementine Hozier
(d) Victoria Owens
3. What does Winston do to earn extra money?
(a) Leads safaris out of Cape Town
(b) Tutors the children of the Duke of Danube
(c) Writes articles for the Daily Graphic
(d) Acts as a travel guide in Scotland
4. Where is Winston's apartment?
5. Which actress does Winston propose to first?
(a) Abigail Grant
(b) Ethel Barrymore
(c) Emma Carlton
(d) Jenna Moyer
6. After his return to England, Winston and his Fourth Hussars prepare to go where?
7. The Turks threaten to blow up which city?
8. What makes the upper class turn away from Winston?
(a) The People's Budget of 1909
(b) Jennie's affair with a much younger man
(c) Clementine's affairs while Winston is away
(d) His support of the war with France
9. How long did Winston delay the fall of Antwerp?
(a) Three days
(b) One week
(c) Nine months
(d) Four months
10. By the end of 1914, the casualties for England and France are how many men?
(a) Three hundred thousand
(b) Seven hundred thousand
(c) One million
(d) Fifty thousand
11. How many European soldiers are mobilized in the first week of WWI?
(a) 22 million
(b) 6 million
(d) 14 million
12. What is Winston pelted with at a rally in Ulster?
(d) Dead fish
13. Clementine and the children go where in late August?
(a) Admiralty House
(b) Royalty House
(c) New York
14. What does Winston learn when he arrives in Dover?
(a) Antwerp has fallen to the French
(b) Italy has fallen to the Germans
(c) Clementine has given birth to a girl
(d) The United States has entered the war
15. Winston is hired by what newspaper to cover the fighting in India?
(a) Daily Mail
(b) London Times
(c) Daily Telegraph
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winston ask Asquith permission for?
2. Who refuses to serve with Winston?
3. On April 23, Winston begins to attack what in Parliament?
4. After India, where is the next scene of action?
5. Who does Winston name as his private secretary?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)