|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his return to England, Winston and his Fourth Hussars prepare to go where?
2. What does Winston's family worry about him that is similar to what Randolph experienced?
(d) Memory lapses
3. The British War Office believes that which country will become the battleground of the war?
4. Jennie arrives in South Africa with what?
(a) A horse
(b) A husband
(c) Guns for the troops
(d) A hospital ship
5. Why do many feel that Winston was not comfortable around women?
(a) He does not have a college degree
(b) He was too tall
(c) His father wasn't around to offer advice
(d) His mother's affairs
6. After India, where is the next scene of action?
(b) South America
7. Where does Winston hide?
(a) A closet
(b) A hotel
(c) A mine
(d) The forest
8. Who is in power when Winston joins Parliament?
(b) Green Party
(c) Sinn Fein
9. How much money does Jennie send to Winston for the journey?
(a) 30 pounds
(b) 90 pounds
(c) 22 pounds
(d) 6 pounds
10. The problem in South Africa arises when what is found at Transvaal?
11. What city does Winston come to see has strategic value that he vows to keep from the Germans?
12. Who refuses to serve with Winston?
(a) Winston's brother, Jack
13. How many European soldiers are mobilized in the first week of WWI?
(b) 6 million
(c) 14 million
(d) 22 million
14. What do Winston and Clementine name their daughter born in 1918?
15. How many cavalry units did the British army have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winston's novel called?
2. What does Winston ask Asquith permission for?
3. Who opens Parliament on February 14?
4. Winston and Clementine name their first child what?
5. The Tory Party draws much of its support from where?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)