|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winston's novel called?
(a) The History of the Churchills
(d) India's Gem
2. Jennie arrives in South Africa with what?
(a) A horse
(b) A husband
(c) A hospital ship
(d) Guns for the troops
3. Who is in power when Winston joins Parliament?
(b) Green Party
(d) Sinn Fein
4. What does Winston plan to speak on?
(b) The Navy
(c) The war
5. Why do many feel that Winston was not comfortable around women?
(a) He does not have a college degree
(b) His father wasn't around to offer advice
(c) He was too tall
(d) His mother's affairs
6. Which country joins with the Allies for the attack on Constantinople?
7. On April 23, Winston begins to attack what in Parliament?
(a) Policies toward Germany
(b) Army expenditures
(c) Income tax
(d) Divorce laws
8. Goonie introduces Winston to what?
9. Winston goes where to supervise the landing of the British infantry?
10. Which actress does Winston propose to first?
(a) Ethel Barrymore
(b) Abigail Grant
(c) Jenna Moyer
(d) Emma Carlton
11. What position does Asquith offer Winston?
(a) President of the Board of Trade
(b) Minister of Defense
(c) Secretary of State
(d) Speaker of Parliament
12. What position does Winston choose in the new government?
(a) Under secretary of state for the colonies
(b) Ambassador to India
(c) Secretary of the interior
(d) Prime Minister
13. Who does Winston name as his private secretary?
(a) Thomas Thatcher
(b) Ralph Standish
(c) Christian Beck
(d) Edward Marsh
14. Why was it thought that the upper class made better officers and leaders in the Army?
(a) They are natural leaders
(b) They are smarter than the lower classes
(c) They have more money for uniforms and horses
(d) They have a stake in the country
15. Where does Winston hide?
(a) A closet
(b) A mine
(c) The forest
(d) A hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. What battle is Winston at during his trip?
2. The Belgian king retreats to which city as the Germans push into Belgium?
3. What city does Winston come to see has strategic value that he vows to keep from the Germans?
4. What is Winston pelted with at a rally in Ulster?
5. Winston and Clementine name their first child what?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)