|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do many feel that Winston was not comfortable around women?
(a) He was too tall
(b) His mother's affairs
(c) His father wasn't around to offer advice
(d) He does not have a college degree
2. What is Winston pelted with at a rally in Ulster?
(c) Dead fish
3. What battle is Winston at during his trip?
(a) Lee Ho
(b) La Reforma
(d) Bay of Montoun
4. Who speaks before Winston?
(a) David Blair
(b) Phillip Calder
(c) Gresham St. John
(d) Lloyd George
5. How long did Winston delay the fall of Antwerp?
(a) Nine months
(b) Three days
(c) One week
(d) Four months
6. What do the Germans do in violation of international law?
(a) Barricade the Baltic Sea
(b) Refuse to fight the British in Antwerp
(c) Invade Greenland
(d) Close the English Channel
7. Winston hires a boy to fill what position?
(b) Dressing Boy
8. Who does Winston name as his private secretary?
(a) Ralph Standish
(b) Edward Marsh
(c) Thomas Thatcher
(d) Christian Beck
9. Who refuses to serve with Winston?
(a) Winston's brother, Jack
10. The Tory Party draws much of its support from where?
(a) The lower class
(b) Those in service in India
(d) The Church of England
11. What appears in 1905?
12. Who does the Royal Commission blame for the Dardanelles?
(a) Fisher and Churchill
(b) Asquith and Kitchener
(d) Foster and Kemel
13. Winston and Clementine move in with whom?
(a) Jennie's sister
(b) Clementine's aunt
(c) Winston's brother
14. Which actress does Winston propose to first?
(a) Abigail Grant
(b) Emma Carlton
(c) Ethel Barrymore
(d) Jenna Moyer
15. Who opens Parliament on February 14?
(a) Queen Elizabeth
(b) King Edward VII
(c) Winston Churchill
(d) Queen Victoria
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cavalry units did the British army have?
2. The problem in South Africa arises when what is found at Transvaal?
3. By the end of 1914, the casualties for England and France are how many men?
4. What does Winston do to earn extra money?
5. Which country joins with the Allies for the attack on Constantinople?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)