|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On June 17, 1917, Winston is appointed what?
(a) Secretary of the Interior
(b) Minister of Munitions
(c) Lord of Kent
(d) Prime Minister
2. The Turks threaten to blow up which city?
3. How does Winston feel about the office Asquith offers and being cut off from the war?
4. Jennie arrives in South Africa with what?
(a) A horse
(b) A hospital ship
(c) Guns for the troops
(d) A husband
5. Why do many feel that Winston was not comfortable around women?
(a) He does not have a college degree
(b) His father wasn't around to offer advice
(c) He was too tall
(d) His mother's affairs
6. How many cavalry units did the British army have?
7. Goonie introduces Winston to what?
8. Winston wants to go where to cover a war?
9. Which actress does Winston propose to first?
(a) Jenna Moyer
(b) Abigail Grant
(c) Emma Carlton
(d) Ethel Barrymore
10. After India, where is the next scene of action?
(d) South America
11. Winston spends time with what friend of Jennie's?
(a) Bailey Kronvall
(b) Bourke Cockran
(c) David Gentry
(d) John Earle
12. What happens to Winston as he is traveling with a British truck in South Africa?
(a) He is shot
(b) He helps deliver a baby
(c) He is taken prisoner
(d) He sees a plane crash
13. What makes the upper class turn away from Winston?
(a) Clementine's affairs while Winston is away
(b) His support of the war with France
(c) The People's Budget of 1909
(d) Jennie's affair with a much younger man
14. What does Winston do to earn extra money?
(a) Writes articles for the Daily Graphic
(b) Tutors the children of the Duke of Danube
(c) Leads safaris out of Cape Town
(d) Acts as a travel guide in Scotland
15. What does Winston do to prepare for his speech in Parliament?
(a) Practices in front of a mirror
(b) He doesn't prepare
(c) Hires a speech coach
(d) Has a practice run in the Parliament building
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the voyage to Bombay take?
2. Winston hires a boy to fill what position?
3. What position does Winston choose in the new government?
4. The Belgian king retreats to which city as the Germans push into Belgium?
5. The British War Office believes that which country will become the battleground of the war?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)