|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winston do to earn extra money?
(a) Leads safaris out of Cape Town
(b) Writes articles for the Daily Graphic
(c) Acts as a travel guide in Scotland
(d) Tutors the children of the Duke of Danube
2. Who is blamed for the lack of munitions by the troops in France?
3. How many cavalry units did the British army have?
4. What position does Winston choose in the new government?
(a) Secretary of the interior
(b) Prime Minister
(c) Ambassador to India
(d) Under secretary of state for the colonies
5. How long does the voyage to Bombay take?
(a) 16 days
(b) 3 days
(c) 23 days
(d) 18 hours
6. Who speaks before Winston?
(a) Gresham St. John
(b) David Blair
(c) Lloyd George
(d) Phillip Calder
7. Jennie arrives in South Africa with what?
(a) A horse
(b) Guns for the troops
(c) A hospital ship
(d) A husband
8. Who does Winston marry?
(a) Sarah Jane Blair
(b) Victoria Owens
(c) Clementine Hozier
(d) Dora Thompson
9. On June 17, 1917, Winston is appointed what?
(a) Prime Minister
(b) Minister of Munitions
(c) Secretary of the Interior
(d) Lord of Kent
10. Who does Winston name as his private secretary?
(a) Christian Beck
(b) Thomas Thatcher
(c) Edward Marsh
(d) Ralph Standish
11. Who opens Parliament on February 14?
(a) Queen Victoria
(b) King Edward VII
(c) Winston Churchill
(d) Queen Elizabeth
12. Clementine and the children go where in late August?
(a) Royalty House
(b) Admiralty House
(d) New York
13. Goonie introduces Winston to what?
14. What is Winston recommended for, even though he can't receive it?
(a) Nobel Peace Prize
(c) Purple Heart
(d) Victoria Cross
15. Winston spends time with what friend of Jennie's?
(a) David Gentry
(b) Bourke Cockran
(c) Bailey Kronvall
(d) John Earle
Short Answer Questions
1. The Turks threaten to blow up which city?
2. Why do many feel that Winston was not comfortable around women?
3. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
4. Which country does England enter into a treaty with?
5. The Belgian king retreats to which city as the Germans push into Belgium?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)