|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Jennie send to Winston for the journey?
(a) 30 pounds
(b) 6 pounds
(c) 22 pounds
(d) 90 pounds
2. Which country joins with the Allies for the attack on Constantinople?
3. What does Winston learn when he arrives in Dover?
(a) Italy has fallen to the Germans
(b) Clementine has given birth to a girl
(c) The United States has entered the war
(d) Antwerp has fallen to the French
4. What makes the upper class turn away from Winston?
(a) Clementine's affairs while Winston is away
(b) The People's Budget of 1909
(c) Jennie's affair with a much younger man
(d) His support of the war with France
5. How does Winston feel about the office Asquith offers and being cut off from the war?
6. How long does the voyage to Bombay take?
(a) 23 days
(b) 18 hours
(c) 3 days
(d) 16 days
7. Jennie arrives in South Africa with what?
(a) Guns for the troops
(b) A husband
(c) A horse
(d) A hospital ship
8. After his return to England, Winston and his Fourth Hussars prepare to go where?
9. What does Winston do to prepare for his speech in Parliament?
(a) Has a practice run in the Parliament building
(b) He doesn't prepare
(c) Hires a speech coach
(d) Practices in front of a mirror
10. Who refuses to serve with Winston?
(b) Winston's brother, Jack
11. What does Winston plan to speak on?
(b) The Navy
(d) The war
12. How many cavalry units did the British army have?
13. How many ponies does Winston own?
14. Where is Winston's apartment?
15. How many European soldiers are mobilized in the first week of WWI?
(a) 22 million
(b) 6 million
(c) 14 million
Short Answer Questions
1. The British War Office believes that which country will become the battleground of the war?
2. The Belgian king retreats to which city as the Germans push into Belgium?
3. What battle is Winston at during his trip?
4. The Tory Party draws much of its support from where?
5. Winston and Clementine name their first child what?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)