|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Winston that his traveling is not going over well with the cabinet?
(a) The Queen
(c) Prince of Wales
2. Which side does Winston fight on in the battle?
(c) United States
3. Where is Winston sent in 1895?
4. The War Council approves an attack on ____________________.
(c) Isle of Man
(d) Canary Islands
5. What does Winston do to earn extra money?
(a) Acts as a travel guide in Scotland
(b) Tutors the children of the Duke of Danube
(c) Leads safaris out of Cape Town
(d) Writes articles for the Daily Graphic
6. The problem in South Africa arises when what is found at Transvaal?
7. Winston goes where to supervise the landing of the British infantry?
8. How many ponies does Winston own?
9. How many women does Winston propose to before marrying?
10. Why was it thought that the upper class made better officers and leaders in the Army?
(a) They have a stake in the country
(b) They are smarter than the lower classes
(c) They are natural leaders
(d) They have more money for uniforms and horses
11. What battle is Winston at during his trip?
(a) Bay of Montoun
(c) La Reforma
(d) Lee Ho
12. Winston hires a boy to fill what position?
(b) Dressing Boy
13. Who is blamed for the lack of munitions by the troops in France?
14. Who does the Royal Commission blame for the Dardanelles?
(a) Foster and Kemel
(b) Asquith and Kitchener
(d) Fisher and Churchill
15. Which actress does Winston propose to first?
(a) Jenna Moyer
(b) Abigail Grant
(c) Ethel Barrymore
(d) Emma Carlton
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winston plan to speak on?
2. What is Winston recommended for, even though he can't receive it?
3. Why do many feel that Winston was not comfortable around women?
4. Where is Winston's apartment?
5. Which country joins with the Allies for the attack on Constantinople?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)