|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jennie arrives in South Africa with what?
(a) A horse
(b) A husband
(c) Guns for the troops
(d) A hospital ship
2. The British War Office believes that which country will become the battleground of the war?
3. Who refuses to serve with Winston?
(b) Winston's brother, Jack
4. Winston wants to use the money from his book for what?
(a) A horse
(b) A campaign to Parliament
(c) Buying a house
(d) Getting married
5. Who is blamed for the lack of munitions by the troops in France?
6. Winston supports home rule in which country?
(a) United States
7. Which country does England enter into a treaty with?
8. What is Winston recommended for, even though he can't receive it?
(a) Victoria Cross
(c) Nobel Peace Prize
(d) Purple Heart
9. What does Winston do to prepare for his speech in Parliament?
(a) He doesn't prepare
(b) Hires a speech coach
(c) Has a practice run in the Parliament building
(d) Practices in front of a mirror
10. What battle is Winston at during his trip?
(a) Bay of Montoun
(c) Lee Ho
(d) La Reforma
11. Which side does Winston fight on in the battle?
(c) United States
12. Where is Winston sent in 1895?
13. Who opens Parliament on February 14?
(a) Queen Elizabeth
(b) King Edward VII
(c) Queen Victoria
(d) Winston Churchill
14. Why is Winston familiar with the terminology and protocol of Parliament?
(a) His father served in Parliament
(b) He has studied Parliament at Oxford
(c) He has asked the Prince of Wales about it
(d) He observed the last session
15. Goonie introduces Winston to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks before Winston?
2. How does Winston feel about the office Asquith offers and being cut off from the war?
3. What makes the upper class turn away from Winston?
4. How many women does Winston propose to before marrying?
5. After India, where is the next scene of action?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)