|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the voyage to Bombay take?
(a) 18 hours
(b) 16 days
(c) 3 days
(d) 23 days
2. What do the Germans do in violation of international law?
(a) Invade Greenland
(b) Barricade the Baltic Sea
(c) Close the English Channel
(d) Refuse to fight the British in Antwerp
3. Winston supports home rule in which country?
(c) United States
4. Winston wants ___________ to return to active duty.
(a) Sir Portman
(b) Lord Chesterfield
(c) Lord Fisher
(d) Sir Abbey
5. Winston and Clementine name their first child what?
6. What makes the upper class turn away from Winston?
(a) His support of the war with France
(b) Clementine's affairs while Winston is away
(c) Jennie's affair with a much younger man
(d) The People's Budget of 1909
7. What position does Asquith offer Winston?
(a) Secretary of State
(b) President of the Board of Trade
(c) Speaker of Parliament
(d) Minister of Defense
8. After his return to England, Winston and his Fourth Hussars prepare to go where?
9. What becomes Winston's base for his campaign?
(a) The Manchester Midland Hotel
(b) The Kent Allistor Ballroom
(c) His apartment
(d) His mother's country estate
10. Goonie introduces Winston to what?
11. What was Winston called by fellow soldiers and others?
(c) Scaredy cat
(d) Publicity hound
12. What is Winston's novel called?
(b) India's Gem
(d) The History of the Churchills
13. Who refuses to serve with Winston?
(b) Winston's brother, Jack
14. After India, where is the next scene of action?
(d) South America
15. How many ponies does Winston own?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which actress does Winston propose to first?
2. Winston and Clementine move in with whom?
3. Winston goes where to supervise the landing of the British infantry?
4. How does Winston feel about the office Asquith offers and being cut off from the war?
5. What is Winston recommended for, even though he can't receive it?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)