|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winston recommended for, even though he can't receive it?
(a) Nobel Peace Prize
(b) Victoria Cross
(d) Purple Heart
2. Winston hires a boy to fill what position?
(b) Dressing Boy
3. Goonie introduces Winston to what?
4. Clementine and the children go where in late August?
(a) Royalty House
(b) New York
(c) Admiralty House
5. What becomes Winston's base for his campaign?
(a) His mother's country estate
(b) The Manchester Midland Hotel
(c) The Kent Allistor Ballroom
(d) His apartment
6. On June 17, 1917, Winston is appointed what?
(a) Prime Minister
(b) Secretary of the Interior
(c) Minister of Munitions
(d) Lord of Kent
7. How long does the voyage to Bombay take?
(a) 18 hours
(b) 23 days
(c) 3 days
(d) 16 days
8. How long did Winston delay the fall of Antwerp?
(a) Nine months
(b) Four months
(c) Three days
(d) One week
9. Who does Winston marry?
(a) Victoria Owens
(b) Dora Thompson
(c) Sarah Jane Blair
(d) Clementine Hozier
10. Winston supports home rule in which country?
(c) United States
11. Winston spends time with what friend of Jennie's?
(a) John Earle
(b) David Gentry
(c) Bailey Kronvall
(d) Bourke Cockran
12. What position does Winston choose in the new government?
(a) Secretary of the interior
(b) Prime Minister
(c) Ambassador to India
(d) Under secretary of state for the colonies
13. What do Winston and Clementine name their daughter born in 1918?
14. What battle is Winston at during his trip?
(a) Bay of Montoun
(b) La Reforma
(c) Lee Ho
15. What does Winston do to prepare for his speech in Parliament?
(a) Hires a speech coach
(b) Practices in front of a mirror
(c) He doesn't prepare
(d) Has a practice run in the Parliament building
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Royal Commission blame for the Dardanelles?
2. What does Winston ask Asquith permission for?
3. Why was it thought that the upper class made better officers and leaders in the Army?
4. Who speaks before Winston?
5. Why do many feel that Winston was not comfortable around women?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)