|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clementine and the children go where in late August?
(a) Royalty House
(b) New York
(c) Admiralty House
2. What battle is Winston at during his trip?
(a) La Reforma
(c) Bay of Montoun
(d) Lee Ho
3. How much money does Jennie send to Winston for the journey?
(a) 90 pounds
(b) 6 pounds
(c) 30 pounds
(d) 22 pounds
4. Winston hires a boy to fill what position?
(b) Dressing Boy
5. What does Winston do to earn extra money?
(a) Leads safaris out of Cape Town
(b) Writes articles for the Daily Graphic
(c) Acts as a travel guide in Scotland
(d) Tutors the children of the Duke of Danube
6. What does Winston do to prepare for his speech in Parliament?
(a) Practices in front of a mirror
(b) Has a practice run in the Parliament building
(c) He doesn't prepare
(d) Hires a speech coach
7. By the end of 1914, the casualties for England and France are how many men?
(a) One million
(b) Fifty thousand
(c) Seven hundred thousand
(d) Three hundred thousand
8. Where is Winston's apartment?
9. What makes the upper class turn away from Winston?
(a) Jennie's affair with a much younger man
(b) The People's Budget of 1909
(c) His support of the war with France
(d) Clementine's affairs while Winston is away
10. How long did Winston delay the fall of Antwerp?
(a) Nine months
(b) Four months
(c) One week
(d) Three days
11. Winston is hired by what newspaper to cover the fighting in India?
(b) London Times
(c) Daily Mail
(d) Daily Telegraph
12. Who speaks before Winston?
(a) Gresham St. John
(b) Phillip Calder
(c) Lloyd George
(d) David Blair
13. What happens to Winston as he is traveling with a British truck in South Africa?
(a) He helps deliver a baby
(b) He sees a plane crash
(c) He is shot
(d) He is taken prisoner
14. What does Winston's family worry about him that is similar to what Randolph experienced?
(b) Memory lapses
15. Where does Winston hide?
(a) A mine
(b) A closet
(c) A hotel
(d) The forest
Short Answer Questions
1. Jennie arrives in South Africa with what?
2. Which country does England enter into a treaty with?
3. Who does the Royal Commission blame for the Dardanelles?
4. Who is blamed for the lack of munitions by the troops in France?
5. Winston wants to use the money from his book for what?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)