|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Churchill is driven out of office over his plans for what?
2. How old is Winston when his brother is born?
3. What does Churchill lose more of than any other British politician?
(a) Court cases
4. Serving at certain posts in the possessions is often based on what?
(b) Knowledge of the area
(c) Family status
5. Where is Churchill when Hitler invades Poland?
6. What is Randolph appointed?
(a) Ambassador to Brazil
(b) Prime Minister
(c) Duke of Kent
(d) Chancellor of the Exchequer
7. What percentage of miners was British?
(c) Nine tenths
(d) One tenth
8. What subject does Winston have trouble with?
9. Randolph goes where for three months?
(b) New York
(d) Cape Town
10. What is the headquarters of the Prime Minister known as?
(a) The Tunnels
(c) Central Rooms
11. Winston contracts bronchial pneumonia at what age?
12. What helps save the British troops?
(a) A volunteer flotilla
(b) American troops
(c) A U-boat
(d) An atomic bomb
13. What was the banking center of the world in the late 1800s?
(c) New York
14. In WWI, Churchill believes that the continental armies cannot overcome what?
(a) Fighter pilots
(b) British Navy
(c) The Alps
(d) American forces
15. Churchill believes that he controls what?
(a) His emotions
(b) The stock market
(c) His own fate
(d) The German army
Short Answer Questions
1. Women in the late 1800s in London have a hard time obtaining what?
2. What percentage of the world's merchant ships fly the British flag?
3. Where did the family move to?
4. The British gave the impression of being which of the following to other groups?
5. In order to secure their Indian Empire, the British have to control the southern part of what?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)