|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The British gave the impression of being which of the following to other groups?
2. How many stages does Churchill's public life have?
3. What do many Britons suffer from in the possessions?
(a) Health problems
(c) Financial difficulties
4. In WWI, Churchill believes that the continental armies cannot overcome what?
(a) British Navy
(b) American forces
(c) Fighter pilots
(d) The Alps
5. Churchill has a strong preference for what?
(c) The past
6. What percentage of the world's merchant ships fly the British flag?
7. What is Winston's brother named?
8. What does Churchill tell his country to prepare for?
(b) Nuclear warfare
(c) Food rationing
(d) A long war
9. What does Churchill lose more of than any other British politician?
(a) Court cases
10. Canada is acquired by whom?
(a) Grand River Company
(b) California Gold Company
(c) Hudson Bay Company
(d) East India Company
11. How old was Randolf when he resigned his position?
12. What is the largest metropolitan area in the late 1800s?
(b) New York
13. Who hears the news of the German breakthrough on the radio?
(a) Elizabeth Churchill
(b) Sarah Churchill
(c) Mary Churchill
(d) Abigail Churchill
14. Where are the headquarters for the Prime Minister located?
(a) The Parliament building
(b) A palace
(c) A bunker
(d) A military base
15. Randolph's family is good friends with whom?
(a) Lord Byron
(b) Prince of Wales
(c) Adolf Hitler
(d) Queen Elizabeth
Short Answer Questions
1. England is the birthplace of what?
2. What is considered one of the biggest sins by the British?
3. Winston studies for exams at which military school?
4. Life at which of the following foreign posts is considered not too bad?
5. Who does not attend the wedding of Winston's mother and father?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)