|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Churchill often do during the raids?
(a) Runs out to look at the damages
(b) Watches the television for news
(c) Paints landscapes
2. What is Randolph appointed?
(a) Ambassador to Brazil
(b) Prime Minister
(c) Chancellor of the Exchequer
(d) Duke of Kent
3. What is Winston like at school?
4. The book begins with the British Army retreating to which town?
5. After the U.S. gains independence, what is the Empire's greatest possession?
(a) South Africa
(c) Indian Empire
6. Churchill likes to read books from what authors?
7. Who hears the news of the German breakthrough on the radio?
(a) Sarah Churchill
(b) Elizabeth Churchill
(c) Abigail Churchill
(d) Mary Churchill
8. What brings the family back to London?
(a) Randolph is elected to Parliament
(b) Randolph enters a business deal
(c) Winston's schooling
(d) The Churchill estate burns
9. What does Winston develop at Harrow?
(a) A gambling problem
(b) A goal to become Prime Minister
(c) A crush on the headmistress
(d) A stammer
10. Winston's mother is named which of the following?
11. The most successful years of Churchill's life happen after what event?
(a) Pearl Harbor
12. Who is Churchill friendly with that he later will not be?
13. What subject does Winston have trouble with?
14. How old is Winston when his brother is born?
15. What modern technology does Churchill not like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of miners was British?
2. Churchill is driven out of office over his plans for what?
3. Serving at certain posts in the possessions is often based on what?
4. What do many Britons suffer from in the possessions?
5. Winston's mother's family fought in what war?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)