|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the headquarters of the Prime Minister known as?
(a) The Tunnels
(c) Central Rooms
2. What percentage of the world's merchant ships fly the British flag?
3. What is the largest metropolitan area in the late 1800s?
(a) New York
4. Who is against a negotiated settlement?
5. How many warships does the British Navy have in the late 1800s?
6. Where did the family live in London?
(a) Mayflower Lane
(b) Steeping Street
(c) St. James Street
(d) First Street
7. What career did Churchill have?
(d) Newspaper reporter
8. The book begins with the British Army retreating to which town?
9. What is Randolph appointed?
(a) Prime Minister
(b) Chancellor of the Exchequer
(c) Ambassador to Brazil
(d) Duke of Kent
10. Canada is acquired by whom?
(a) East India Company
(b) Hudson Bay Company
(c) California Gold Company
(d) Grand River Company
11. Daughters who do not marry in the late 1800s become almost what?
(b) Unpaid servants
(c) Social outcasts
12. What did Britain think it would never lose?
(a) The American Revolution
(c) Spanish-American War
(d) The Empire
13. What is considered one of the biggest sins by the British?
(b) Having too much money
14. Randolph's family is good friends with whom?
(a) Adolf Hitler
(b) Queen Elizabeth
(c) Lord Byron
(d) Prince of Wales
15. What is Winston like at school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Winston graduates in what position out of the class of 130?
2. Who hears the news of the German breakthrough on the radio?
3. Churchill thinks of himself as what?
4. Most people in the upper class in the late 1800s prefer which of their homes?
5. After the U.S. gains independence, what is the Empire's greatest possession?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)