|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many books does Churchill publish?
2. How does Churchill feel about the Cabinet War Rooms?
(a) He was not in them until 1956.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He likes it there.
(d) He is indifferent.
3. Who is the enemy that the British Army is fighting against?
(a) Leon Trotsky
(b) Theodore Roosevelt
(c) Helmut Kohl
(d) Adolf Hitler
4. What did Britain think it would never lose?
(a) Spanish-American War
(c) The American Revolution
(d) The Empire
5. Who does not attend the wedding of Winston's mother and father?
(a) His father's parents
(b) The local clergy
(c) His mother's parents
(d) Winston's great-grandfather
6. Winston's mother is named which of the following?
7. Randolph's family is good friends with whom?
(a) Prince of Wales
(b) Queen Elizabeth
(c) Adolf Hitler
(d) Lord Byron
8. What modern technology does Churchill not like?
9. What school is Winston enrolled in?
(a) St. George's School
(b) Kent School
(c) St. Michael's School
(d) Oxford School
10. CWR stands for what?
(a) Calculated Winter Raid
(b) Cabinet War Rooms
(c) Churchill's Waiting Response
(d) Churchill Went Right
11. What does Churchill tell his country to prepare for?
(a) Nuclear warfare
(b) Food rationing
(d) A long war
12. Life at which of the following foreign posts is considered not too bad?
(c) Elephant Island
13. Why is Winston enrolled at a school in Brighton?
(a) It is closer to home
(b) The school in Brighton is less expensive
(c) He was beaten at St. George's
(d) The school has a better math program
14. Where are the headquarters for the Prime Minister located?
(a) A palace
(b) A military base
(c) The Parliament building
(d) A bunker
15. What does Churchill blame his weaknesses on?
(b) The lack of a university education
(c) His father's death
Short Answer Questions
1. Winston's mother's family fought in what war?
2. Randolph decides to do what as a career?
3. After the U.S. gains independence, what is the Empire's greatest possession?
4. Daughters who do not marry in the late 1800s become almost what?
5. Who is hired as Winston's nanny?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)