|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most people in the upper class in the late 1800s prefer which of their homes?
(a) Suburban homes
(b) Country homes
(c) City homes
(d) Vacation homes
2. What modern technology does Churchill not like?
3. What does Churchill lose more of than any other British politician?
(a) Court cases
4. How old is Winston when his brother is born?
5. CWR stands for what?
(a) Churchill's Waiting Response
(b) Cabinet War Rooms
(c) Churchill Went Right
(d) Calculated Winter Raid
6. Attacks on the British occur in which of the following possessions?
7. After the U.S. gains independence, what is the Empire's greatest possession?
(b) South Africa
(c) Indian Empire
8. Randolph's family is good friends with whom?
(a) Queen Elizabeth
(b) Prince of Wales
(c) Adolf Hitler
(d) Lord Byron
9. The Nazi threat spread to where?
(b) The United States
(d) The Middle East
10. Churchill likes to read books from what authors?
11. Winston's father is the seventh Duke of _______________.
12. The British Empire covers how much of the world in the 1800s?
(a) 25 percent
(b) 5 percent
(c) 50 percent
(d) 10 percent
13. Churchill believes that he controls what?
(a) The German army
(b) His own fate
(c) His emotions
(d) The stock market
14. What is Randolph appointed?
(a) Duke of Kent
(b) Prime Minister
(c) Chancellor of the Exchequer
(d) Ambassador to Brazil
15. What does Churchill tell his country to prepare for?
(a) Nuclear warfare
(b) Food rationing
(d) A long war
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randolph die from?
2. The book begins with the British Army retreating to which town?
3. What did Britain think it would never lose?
4. Who is against a negotiated settlement?
5. Who is the enemy that the British Army is fighting against?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)