|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is hired as Winston's nanny?
(a) Abigail Montague
(b) May Christiansson
(c) Elizabeth Anne Everest
(d) Sarah Jane Thompson
2. What does Churchill often do during the raids?
(a) Runs out to look at the damages
(b) Watches the television for news
(d) Paints landscapes
3. What does Churchill lose more of than any other British politician?
(b) Court cases
4. What does Winston develop at Harrow?
(a) A stammer
(b) A crush on the headmistress
(c) A goal to become Prime Minister
(d) A gambling problem
5. Randolph decides to do what as a career?
6. What is Randolph appointed?
(a) Ambassador to Brazil
(b) Duke of Kent
(c) Prime Minister
(d) Chancellor of the Exchequer
7. Where is the family's country home?
(d) The French wine region
8. The British Empire begins with their discovery of what?
(b) The United States
(c) West Indies
9. What is Winston like at school?
10. The British Empire covers how much of the world in the 1800s?
(a) 5 percent
(b) 10 percent
(c) 50 percent
(d) 25 percent
11. In WWI, Churchill believes that the continental armies cannot overcome what?
(a) American forces
(b) Fighter pilots
(c) British Navy
(d) The Alps
12. Serving at certain posts in the possessions is often based on what?
(a) Family status
(d) Knowledge of the area
13. How does Churchill feel about the Cabinet War Rooms?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He likes it there.
(d) He was not in them until 1956.
14. What subject does Winston have trouble with?
15. What do many Britons suffer from in the possessions?
(b) Health problems
(c) Financial difficulties
Short Answer Questions
1. How many stages does Churchill's public life have?
2. What does Winston want while he is at school?
3. CWR stands for what?
4. Where did the family move to?
5. Churchill likes movies about what topic?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)