|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the largest metropolitan area in the late 1800s?
(a) New York
2. Women in the late 1800s in London have a hard time obtaining what?
(d) Social status
3. What does Churchill never attend?
(c) Press conferences
4. Where is Churchill when Hitler invades Poland?
5. Churchill likes movies about what topic?
(b) British Navy
6. Churchill thinks of himself as what?
7. Randolph's mother borrows baby supplies from whom?
(a) Her cousin Elizabeth
(b) The town's solicitor
(c) Randolph's brother
(d) The town's doctor
8. Serving at certain posts in the possessions is often based on what?
(a) Knowledge of the area
(c) Family status
9. Who is Winston's father?
10. What helps save the British troops?
(a) An atomic bomb
(b) A volunteer flotilla
(c) American troops
(d) A U-boat
11. How does Churchill feel about the Cabinet War Rooms?
(a) He was not in them until 1956.
(b) He likes it there.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He is indifferent.
12. The book begins with the British Army retreating to which town?
13. What does Randolph die from?
(b) Alcohol poisoning
14. The Parliament season ends with what?
(a) Goodwood race
(b) Queen's all in mid-spring
15. What does Churchill tell his country to prepare for?
(a) Nuclear warfare
(c) Food rationing
(d) A long war
Short Answer Questions
1. Churchill believes that he controls what?
2. Winston's mother's family fought in what war?
3. What percentage of the world's merchant ships fly the British flag?
4. What was the banking center of the world in the late 1800s?
5. What does Winston want while he is at school?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)