|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Randolph goes where for three months?
(b) New York
(c) Cape Town
2. Churchill thinks of himself as what?
3. Life at which of the following foreign posts is considered not too bad?
(c) Elephant Island
4. The Parliament season ends with what?
(b) Goodwood race
(c) Queen's all in mid-spring
5. Who is Winston's father?
6. Churchill likes to read books from what authors?
7. What percentage of miners was British?
(b) One tenth
(d) Nine tenths
8. Winston's mother's family fought in what war?
(b) Prussian War
(d) Revolutionary War
9. How many warships does the British Navy have in the late 1800s?
10. What rank does Winston eventually enter in?
11. Winston studies for exams at which military school?
12. What does Churchill lose more of than any other British politician?
(d) Court cases
13. Attacks on the British occur in which of the following possessions?
14. After the U.S. gains independence, what is the Empire's greatest possession?
(b) Indian Empire
(c) South Africa
15. Churchill likes movies about what topic?
(a) British Navy
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hears the news of the German breakthrough on the radio?
2. What is Winston like at school?
3. In order to secure their Indian Empire, the British have to control the southern part of what?
4. Winston Churchill is born in what year?
5. Where did the family move to?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)