|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Winston graduates in what position out of the class of 130?
2. What career did Churchill have?
(c) Newspaper reporter
3. How many stages does Churchill's public life have?
4. Winston studies for exams at which military school?
5. What is Randolph appointed?
(a) Prime Minister
(b) Chancellor of the Exchequer
(c) Ambassador to Brazil
(d) Duke of Kent
6. Attacks on the British occur in which of the following possessions?
7. Churchill believes that he controls what?
(a) The German army
(b) His own fate
(c) The stock market
(d) His emotions
8. What is considered one of the biggest sins by the British?
(b) Having too much money
9. Canada is acquired by whom?
(a) Grand River Company
(b) California Gold Company
(c) Hudson Bay Company
(d) East India Company
10. Who is hired as Winston's nanny?
(a) Sarah Jane Thompson
(b) Abigail Montague
(c) May Christiansson
(d) Elizabeth Anne Everest
11. Who does not attend the wedding of Winston's mother and father?
(a) His mother's parents
(b) The local clergy
(c) Winston's great-grandfather
(d) His father's parents
12. Serving at certain posts in the possessions is often based on what?
(c) Family status
(d) Knowledge of the area
13. Winston contracts bronchial pneumonia at what age?
14. CWR stands for what?
(a) Calculated Winter Raid
(b) Churchill Went Right
(c) Churchill's Waiting Response
(d) Cabinet War Rooms
15. In order to secure their Indian Empire, the British have to control the southern part of what?
(a) South America
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Winston's mother when she meets his father?
2. What does Randolph die from?
3. What percentage of the world's merchant ships fly the British flag?
4. The British Empire begins with their discovery of what?
5. What did Britain think it would never lose?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)