|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The British gave the impression of being which of the following to other groups?
2. CWR stands for what?
(a) Calculated Winter Raid
(b) Cabinet War Rooms
(c) Churchill's Waiting Response
(d) Churchill Went Right
3. What is Winston's brother named?
4. How does Churchill feel about the Cabinet War Rooms?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He was not in them until 1956.
(c) He likes it there.
(d) He is indifferent.
5. What subject does Winston have trouble with?
6. What does Winston develop at Harrow?
(a) A stammer
(b) A crush on the headmistress
(c) A goal to become Prime Minister
(d) A gambling problem
7. What does Churchill tell his country to prepare for?
(a) Food rationing
(b) Nuclear warfare
(c) A long war
8. Where did the family live in London?
(a) Steeping Street
(b) St. James Street
(c) Mayflower Lane
(d) First Street
9. How many warships does the British Navy have in the late 1800s?
10. What is considered one of the biggest sins by the British?
(b) Having too much money
11. Where is Churchill when Hitler invades Poland?
12. After the U.S. gains independence, what is the Empire's greatest possession?
(a) South Africa
(b) Indian Empire
13. What is Randolph appointed?
(a) Ambassador to Brazil
(b) Chancellor of the Exchequer
(c) Duke of Kent
(d) Prime Minister
14. Life at which of the following foreign posts is considered not too bad?
(c) Elephant Island
15. Winston's mother is named which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to secure their Indian Empire, the British have to control the southern part of what?
2. What does Churchill blame his weaknesses on?
3. The most successful years of Churchill's life happen after what event?
4. Winston contracts bronchial pneumonia at what age?
5. Who is the enemy that the British Army is fighting against?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)