|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is considered one of the biggest sins by the British?
(b) Having too much money
2. Where did the family live in London?
(a) First Street
(b) St. James Street
(c) Mayflower Lane
(d) Steeping Street
3. Who is the enemy that the British Army is fighting against?
(a) Leon Trotsky
(b) Helmut Kohl
(c) Adolf Hitler
(d) Theodore Roosevelt
4. What does Winston develop at Harrow?
(a) A goal to become Prime Minister
(b) A crush on the headmistress
(c) A stammer
(d) A gambling problem
5. The Nazi threat spread to where?
(c) The Middle East
(d) The United States
6. Where is the family's country home?
(a) The French wine region
7. Churchill is driven out of office over his plans for what?
8. Daughters who do not marry in the late 1800s become almost what?
(b) Social outcasts
(c) Unpaid servants
9. How old is Winston when his brother is born?
10. In order to secure their Indian Empire, the British have to control the southern part of what?
(b) South America
11. The British Empire covers how much of the world in the 1800s?
(a) 50 percent
(b) 5 percent
(c) 10 percent
(d) 25 percent
12. England is under the rule of which royal person at the time of Churchill's birth?
(a) King Henry
(b) King Edward
(c) Queen Elizabeth
(d) Queen Victoria
13. Who does not attend the wedding of Winston's mother and father?
(a) His mother's parents
(b) Winston's great-grandfather
(c) His father's parents
(d) The local clergy
14. The Parliament season ends with what?
(c) Goodwood race
(d) Queen's all in mid-spring
15. Winston contracts bronchial pneumonia at what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Churchill when Hitler invades Poland?
2. Winston's father is the seventh Duke of _______________.
3. What brings the family back to London?
4. Churchill has a strong preference for what?
5. How many books does Churchill publish?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)