|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book begins with the British Army retreating to which town?
2. Daughters who do not marry in the late 1800s become almost what?
(b) Unpaid servants
(c) Social outcasts
3. Serving at certain posts in the possessions is often based on what?
(c) Family status
(d) Knowledge of the area
4. The most successful years of Churchill's life happen after what event?
(d) Pearl Harbor
5. What does Churchill never attend?
(d) Press conferences
6. Winston contracts bronchial pneumonia at what age?
7. What subject does Winston have trouble with?
8. Most people in the upper class in the late 1800s prefer which of their homes?
(a) Suburban homes
(b) Country homes
(c) Vacation homes
(d) City homes
9. Winston's mother's family fought in what war?
(a) Revolutionary War
(d) Prussian War
10. Who is the enemy that the British Army is fighting against?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt
(b) Leon Trotsky
(c) Adolf Hitler
(d) Helmut Kohl
11. What rank does Winston eventually enter in?
12. What helps save the British troops?
(a) A U-boat
(b) American troops
(c) A volunteer flotilla
(d) An atomic bomb
13. What is Randolph appointed?
(a) Ambassador to Brazil
(b) Prime Minister
(c) Duke of Kent
(d) Chancellor of the Exchequer
14. Who is against a negotiated settlement?
15. Winston studies for exams at which military school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the headquarters of the Prime Minister known as?
2. Winston's mother is named which of the following?
3. Where did the family live in London?
4. What do many Britons suffer from in the possessions?
5. What school is Winston enrolled in?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)