|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women in the late 1800s in London have a hard time obtaining what?
(d) Social status
2. In order to secure their Indian Empire, the British have to control the southern part of what?
(d) South America
3. What is Randolph appointed?
(a) Duke of Kent
(b) Ambassador to Brazil
(c) Chancellor of the Exchequer
(d) Prime Minister
4. What modern technology does Churchill not like?
5. Serving at certain posts in the possessions is often based on what?
(c) Knowledge of the area
(d) Family status
6. CWR stands for what?
(a) Calculated Winter Raid
(b) Churchill's Waiting Response
(c) Churchill Went Right
(d) Cabinet War Rooms
7. Who is Winston's father?
8. The British Empire covers how much of the world in the 1800s?
(a) 25 percent
(b) 5 percent
(c) 50 percent
(d) 10 percent
9. The most successful years of Churchill's life happen after what event?
(d) Pearl Harbor
10. England is the birthplace of what?
(a) The Industrial Revolution
(c) The airplane
11. Winston graduates in what position out of the class of 130?
12. What did Britain think it would never lose?
(a) The Empire
(b) The American Revolution
(d) Spanish-American War
13. Why is Winston enrolled at a school in Brighton?
(a) It is closer to home
(b) The school in Brighton is less expensive
(c) The school has a better math program
(d) He was beaten at St. George's
14. What brings the family back to London?
(a) Randolph enters a business deal
(b) Winston's schooling
(c) The Churchill estate burns
(d) Randolph is elected to Parliament
15. Winston Churchill is born in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Winston contracts bronchial pneumonia at what age?
2. What rank does Winston eventually enter in?
3. How old was Randolf when he resigned his position?
4. How many books does Churchill publish?
5. What does Randolph die from?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)