|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do many Britons suffer from in the possessions?
(a) Health problems
(b) Financial difficulties
2. What is considered one of the biggest sins by the British?
(d) Having too much money
3. What school is Winston enrolled in?
(a) St. Michael's School
(b) St. George's School
(c) Kent School
(d) Oxford School
4. Who hears the news of the German breakthrough on the radio?
(a) Sarah Churchill
(b) Mary Churchill
(c) Abigail Churchill
(d) Elizabeth Churchill
5. Churchill is driven out of office over his plans for what?
6. What does Winston develop at Harrow?
(a) A crush on the headmistress
(b) A gambling problem
(c) A goal to become Prime Minister
(d) A stammer
7. Randolph's mother borrows baby supplies from whom?
(a) The town's doctor
(b) Her cousin Elizabeth
(c) The town's solicitor
(d) Randolph's brother
8. Winston's father is the seventh Duke of _______________.
9. England is the birthplace of what?
(a) The Industrial Revolution
(b) The airplane
10. What career did Churchill have?
(b) Newspaper reporter
11. How many stages does Churchill's public life have?
12. How old is Winston's mother when she meets his father?
13. Daughters who do not marry in the late 1800s become almost what?
(a) Social outcasts
(b) Unpaid servants
14. What does Churchill blame his weaknesses on?
(a) The lack of a university education
(d) His father's death
15. Most people in the upper class in the late 1800s prefer which of their homes?
(a) Country homes
(b) Vacation homes
(c) Suburban homes
(d) City homes
Short Answer Questions
1. CWR stands for what?
2. What does Winston want while he is at school?
3. How old was Randolf when he resigned his position?
4. Who is Winston's father?
5. The Parliament season ends with what?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)