Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Preamble: The Lion at Bay
1. The book begins with the British Army retreating to which town?
2. Who is the enemy that the British Army is fighting against?
3. Who hears the news of the German breakthrough on the radio?
4. What is the headquarters of the Prime Minister known as?
5. What helps save the British troops?
6. What does Churchill tell his country to prepare for?
7. Who is against a negotiated settlement?
8. How does Churchill feel about the Cabinet War Rooms?
9. Where are the headquarters for the Prime Minister located?
10. What does Churchill often do during the raids?
11. Churchill has a strong preference for what?
This section contains 1,672 words|
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)